HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
  #701
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season.

They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all.

Why leave Pavelka in for all eight?
Let's quit with refs screwing us, branch screwing us and every one else.

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
  #702
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Keystone Light;54793489]The debate over the Windsor broadcasting crew has been beaten to death. Regardless of who calls Spitfire home games, we should just be thankful that we don't have to listen to the London play-by-play man. Holy cow, that guy is crazy bad. What a forced, fake voice.

Was listening to Miller on the way home from work and you could hear the London guy in the background loud as hell.Ive listened to their games on the net a few times and he is crap I agree.

As for koko returning, I think a he's gone at the deadline regardless.Cant see WR letting him go to the AHL with no compensation in return.

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
  #703
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
You have the floor Razor, there is no defending those last two games. If this keeps up for another week or two a shake up will be needed soon. Ownership will not put up with that level of pathetic effort and execution. One thing to have an off night or a slump but these last two have been unacceptable for a major junior team.
Trust me this garbage does not make me happy. I feel bad for the fans that have had to pay to watch that garbage unfold the past two games. I will say this Boughner has been back for well over a year now he has been able to implement his systems, the players shouldn't need to be taught much anymore. Rychel, Vail, Marchese, Johnson, Clarke, Maletta, Bilcke all know what the coaches want how it's supposed to be done. They have overagers Clark, Schoenmakers and Posa this isn't their first rodeo they should know how it is in this league and leadership needs to be shown. What this team needs is to go out and lay a whipping on a team 6-1 and impose their will on a team. Playing a game tight to the vest and keeping a team in the game where you hold on to win 3-2 or 4-2 only gives the opposition hope. Time to step it up.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:18 PM
  #704
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
Let's quit with refs screwing us, branch screwing us and every one else.
Put your strawman away. I didn't say the referees cost us the game, sport.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:22 PM
  #705
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Trust me this garbage does not make me happy. I feel bad for the fans that have had to pay to watch that garbage unfold the past two games. I will say this Boughner has been back for well over a year now he has been able to implement his systems, the players shouldn't need to be taught much anymore. Rychel, Vail, Marchese, Johnson, Clarke, Maletta, Bilcke all know what the coaches want how it's supposed to be done. They have overagers Clark, Schoenmakers and Posa this isn't their first rodeo they should know how it is in this league and leadership needs to be shown. What this team needs is to go out and lay a whipping on a team 6-1 and impose their will on a team. Playing a game tight to the vest and keeping a team in the game where you hold on to win 3-2 or 4-2 only gives the opposition hope. Time to step it up.
We don't have the talent to do that. Period. Khokhlachev will be a big addition as he could be one of the top 5 players in the league assuming he comes back motivated. But you're right he isn't enough. We don't have the offensive talent to compete with a London - the way they moved the puck around tonight was reminiscent of our Mem Cup teams, while we can't even set-up our power play and have pucks bouncing over sticks after one pass.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
  #706
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
I think were a bit over reacting its still early.Our prob. is that we have more supporting cast players than we do Koko style players.We all know that.To win this year will take a total team effort and even than who knows.We dont have the Halls,Ellis's and henriques' any more.I say let Bogie work the bugs out and give them at least 10 to 15 more to get on track before calling 911.

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
  #707
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Otto u said
"They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all."

Read your post again. U didn't say we lost because of refs, but quit complaining. U said they took cheap shots without getting called and we got called for looking at them. I didn't write your post.

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
  #708
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
Otto u said
"They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all."

Read your post again. U didn't say we lost because of refs, but quit complaining. U said they took cheap shots without getting called and we got called for looking at them. I didn't write your post.
And here's what you said -
Quote:
Let's quit with refs screwing us, branch screwing us and every one else.
Now in order to be screwed it would mean I thought we would have won otherwise. I see in the above quote you provided you lopped off the first sentence where I said "London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season." which indicated that I believed London completely outclasses us this season.

So while you say you didn't write my post, it's obvious you didn't read it either. You decided to build a strawman and then get up on your soap box. I was pointing out bad refereeing, which can exist even if we're getting blown off the ice regardless.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:48 PM
  #709
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
KOKO IS NOT 100% coming here until I here him or the coaches say it,

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
  #710
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
KOKO IS NOT 100% coming here until I here him or the coaches say it,
So the Boston Bruins brass doesn't count as a credible source?

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
  #711
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
If he doesnt , he doesnt come and I like Koko but he looked after himself and now might be at the mercy of WR.I wont shed any tears for him how ever this thing shakes down.Someone wanting to make a cup run might give up some nice assets for him, we all should be looking at it that way.WE want 2014 right???

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:02 PM
  #712
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
The Spitfires admit the club has no indications Khokhlachev has any intentions of returning to North American.


“We’re hoping there’s a chance,” Rychel said. “We’ve talked to a couple of people and there’s a chance. That’s a chance we’ll take and if it works out, it’ll be worth every second.”

Both out of the star, there are some rumblings but it's not a for sure thing don't get your hopes up, I hope he comes back obviously, He'll be coming back to a mess in Windsor and he will have to be dominate for Windsor to have a chance to be a contending Team for home ice.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
  #713
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season.

They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all.

Why leave Pavelka in for all eight?
There's your quote

You said they killed Us but we always get the short end of the calls.

- the point was simply let's stop with we're always getting the short end.

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:13 PM
  #714
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
I say its a done deal, I bet he's back for the thanksgiving day game or by thurs.


btw......GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:15 PM
  #715
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
SPITFIRES WAIVE BEZUCH, CLAIM KHOKHLACHEV*
General Manager Warren Rychel announced today the club has waived import winger Juraj Bezuch and claimed centre Alexander Khokhlachev on re-entry waivers.
Khoklachev played two seasons with the Spitfires from 2010 to 2012, amassing 59 goals and 86 assists in 123 regular season games.
“This is a window of opportunity for Alex to come back to Windsor,” Rychel said. “If he is going to play in the CHL this year, it's going to be for the Spitfires. And he will be welcomed back.”
This season, Khoklachev has played in 16 games for Spartak Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League, scoring one goal.
The 19-year-old centre was drafted in the second round, 40th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2011 NHL Draft. *

I read this as Koko is back. But I guess the feeling is IF he wants to come back it will be Windsor. Confusing. But I heard Spits Twitter said he was coming back. I didn't see the tweet.

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
  #716
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
I think we should give up on the 2014 hosting dream - we're not good enough on ice. More than anything else it will come down to who can ice the most competitive team. Who will London lose from this current squad? Harrington and maybe Maata if he can stick in the NHL as a 19 yr old? Domi is too small to stick in the show as an 18 yr old.

Also while trading Koko might be in our best long term team interest it's not in Kerby's best draft interest if you catch my drift.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
  #717
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I think we should give up on the 2014 hosting dream - we're not good enough on ice. More than anything else it will come down to who can ice the most competitive team. Who will London lose from this current squad? Harrington and maybe Maata if he can stick in the NHL as a 19 yr old? Domi is too small to stick in the show as an 18 yr old.

Also while trading Koko might be in our best long term team interest it's not in Kerby's best draft interest if you catch my drift.
I think Harrington would be the only player not returning for sure, doubtful Maata makes the Pens as a 19 year old. They could potentially lose Griffith and Broadhurst as both would be OA's. London will be a contender in 14 it looks like as well.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
  #718
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
SPITFIRES WAIVE BEZUCH, CLAIM KHOKHLACHEV*
General Manager Warren Rychel announced today the club has waived import winger Juraj Bezuch and claimed centre Alexander Khokhlachev on re-entry waivers.
Khoklachev played two seasons with the Spitfires from 2010 to 2012, amassing 59 goals and 86 assists in 123 regular season games.
“This is a window of opportunity for Alex to come back to Windsor,” Rychel said. “If he is going to play in the CHL this year, it's going to be for the Spitfires. And he will be welcomed back.”
This season, Khoklachev has played in 16 games for Spartak Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League, scoring one goal.
The 19-year-old centre was drafted in the second round, 40th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2011 NHL Draft. *

I read this as Koko is back. But I guess the feeling is IF he wants to come back it will be Windsor. Confusing. But I heard Spits Twitter said he was coming back. I didn't see the tweet.
As a conspiracy theorist am I now reading this as WR saying "koko if you come back to CHL, it will be Windsor and no where else"?

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:27 PM
  #719
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Don't worry if were not up to par at the deadline other than a no trade clause being signed before hand, Koko will be dealt and he wont be the only one.

I also agree with Otto about the 14mem cup.Without some miracles were not ready as of right now.lets wait till jan before we chime in.london looks like the legit candidate at the moment.And these lost picks forthcoming wont help our cause either.Looks like an up hill battle.

Bandwagon jumping anyone??

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:29 PM
  #720
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
If koko does come back will Branch investigate if any money changed hands??? OH MY!!!

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
  #721
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
London is sure to lose Harrington, Hughes, Ferry and Bailie. I think Maata is good enough to stick with the Pens as a 19 yr old which would ravage their defence, and with Bailie gone it would leave their goalie situation up in the air as well. Of course Hunter would get to pull another import rabbit out of his hat.


Last edited by Ottomatic: 10-05-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:41 PM
  #722
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London is sure to lose Harrington, Hughes, Ferry and Bailie. I think Maata is good enough to stick with the Pens as a 19 yr old which would ravage their defence, and with Bailie gone it would leave their goalie situation up in the air as well. Of course Hunter would get to pull another import rabbit out of his hat.
Not to post about the Knights in the Windsor thread, but London will have Patterson/Herbst tandem, returning Maatta, Zadorov, and Raine. They have high hopes for two '96 d-men (John Di Lorenzo and Santino Centorame) with '95 Miles Liberati as a question mark. With a good amount of draft picks still in the cupboard, I think they can contend next year with a couple trades for older D. I count Maatta coming back for a few reasons. Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects and they traditionally haven't rushed up their d-men. Maatta is good but he is still making rookie mistakes every game. But he plays a ton. With the possibility of every forward returning next year (Broadhurst and Griffith are huge question marks) I don't see why London can't contend next year.


Last edited by sbrug: 10-05-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Addition
sbrug is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 12:42 AM
  #723
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Not to post about the Knights in the Windsor thread, but London will have Patterson/Herbst tandem, returning Maatta, Zadorov, and Raine. They have high hopes for two '96 d-men (John Di Lorenzo and Santino Centorame) with '95 Miles Liberati as a question mark. With a good amount of draft picks still in the cupboard, I think they can contend next year with a couple trades for older D. I count Maatta coming back for a few reasons. Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects and they traditionally haven't rushed up their d-men. Maatta is good but he is still making rookie mistakes every game. But he plays a ton. With the possibility of every forward returning next year (Broadhurst and Griffith are huge question marks) I don't see why London can't contend next year.
I agree with you, I do not think Maata makes the pens as a 19 year old. They have solid players in Letang, Orpik, Niskanen, and Engelland. Then add the prospects they have in Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin, and even Harrington to the mix. Martin struggled this past season but still has a roster spot as well.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 04:53 AM
  #724
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Against teams thought to be ahead of Windsor or along the same lines the Spits are 1-3 and been outscored 21-7 a guy like Khokhlachev doesn't make up that difference alone.
Agree totally...Koko won't vault them from being an average team trying to make the playoffs to a good one fighting for home advantage, but if he arrives it's a start. The next few games are at home and if the train doesn't get back on the tracks shortly you have to think a couple major moves are in order.

Still suspect the 'claiming him on re-entry waivers' is a blocking move to gain compensation for him. He burnt a lot of bridges when he went to the KHL. Perhaps the blocking move the Soo pulled on WR sunk in.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 05:27 AM
  #725
fanofdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Agree totally...Koko won't vault them from being an average team trying to make the playoffs to a good one fighting for home advantage, but if he arrives it's a start. The next few games are at home and if the train doesn't get back on the tracks shortly you have to think a couple major moves are in order.

Still suspect the 'claiming him on re-entry waivers' is a blocking move to gain compensation for him. He burnt a lot of bridges when he went to the KHL. Perhaps the blocking move the Soo pulled on WR sunk in.
...Except, when you add a number one forward, you potentially make all four lines better.

fanofdo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.