HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Jakey43

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season.

They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all.

Why leave Pavelka in for all eight?
Let's quit with refs screwing us, branch screwing us and every one else.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Sec108

[QUOTE=Keystone Light;54793489]The debate over the Windsor broadcasting crew has been beaten to death. Regardless of who calls Spitfire home games, we should just be thankful that we don't have to listen to the London play-by-play man. Holy cow, that guy is crazy bad. What a forced, fake voice.

Was listening to Miller on the way home from work and you could hear the London guy in the background loud as hell.Ive listened to their games on the net a few times and he is crap I agree.

As for koko returning, I think a he's gone at the deadline regardless.Cant see WR letting him go to the AHL with no compensation in return.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
You have the floor Razor, there is no defending those last two games. If this keeps up for another week or two a shake up will be needed soon. Ownership will not put up with that level of pathetic effort and execution. One thing to have an off night or a slump but these last two have been unacceptable for a major junior team.
Trust me this garbage does not make me happy. I feel bad for the fans that have had to pay to watch that garbage unfold the past two games. I will say this Boughner has been back for well over a year now he has been able to implement his systems, the players shouldn't need to be taught much anymore. Rychel, Vail, Marchese, Johnson, Clarke, Maletta, Bilcke all know what the coaches want how it's supposed to be done. They have overagers Clark, Schoenmakers and Posa this isn't their first rodeo they should know how it is in this league and leadership needs to be shown. What this team needs is to go out and lay a whipping on a team 6-1 and impose their will on a team. Playing a game tight to the vest and keeping a team in the game where you hold on to win 3-2 or 4-2 only gives the opposition hope. Time to step it up.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
Put your strawman away. I didn't say the referees cost us the game, sport.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Trust me this garbage does not make me happy. I feel bad for the fans that have had to pay to watch that garbage unfold the past two games. I will say this Boughner has been back for well over a year now he has been able to implement his systems, the players shouldn't need to be taught much anymore. Rychel, Vail, Marchese, Johnson, Clarke, Maletta, Bilcke all know what the coaches want how it's supposed to be done. They have overagers Clark, Schoenmakers and Posa this isn't their first rodeo they should know how it is in this league and leadership needs to be shown. What this team needs is to go out and lay a whipping on a team 6-1 and impose their will on a team. Playing a game tight to the vest and keeping a team in the game where you hold on to win 3-2 or 4-2 only gives the opposition hope. Time to step it up.
We don't have the talent to do that. Period. Khokhlachev will be a big addition as he could be one of the top 5 players in the league assuming he comes back motivated. But you're right he isn't enough. We don't have the offensive talent to compete with a London - the way they moved the puck around tonight was reminiscent of our Mem Cup teams, while we can't even set-up our power play and have pucks bouncing over sticks after one pass.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Sec108

I think were a bit over reacting its still early.Our prob. is that we have more supporting cast players than we do Koko style players.We all know that.To win this year will take a total team effort and even than who knows.We dont have the Halls,Ellis's and henriques' any more.I say let Bogie work the bugs out and give them at least 10 to 15 more to get on track before calling 911.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Jakey43

Otto u said
"They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all."

Read your post again. U didn't say we lost because of refs, but quit complaining. U said they took cheap shots without getting called and we got called for looking at them. I didn't write your post.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Otto u said
"They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all."

Read your post again. U didn't say we lost because of refs, but quit complaining. U said they took cheap shots without getting called and we got called for looking at them. I didn't write your post.
And here's what you said -
Quote:
Now in order to be screwed it would mean I thought we would have won otherwise. I see in the above quote you provided you lopped off the first sentence where I said "London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season." which indicated that I believed London completely outclasses us this season.

So while you say you didn't write my post, it's obvious you didn't read it either. You decided to build a strawman and then get up on your soap box. I was pointing out bad refereeing, which can exist even if we're getting blown off the ice regardless.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Spitsfan67*

KOKO IS NOT 100% coming here until I here him or the coaches say it,

Old
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
KOKO IS NOT 100% coming here until I here him or the coaches say it,
So the Boston Bruins brass doesn't count as a credible source?

Old
10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Sec108

If he doesnt , he doesnt come and I like Koko but he looked after himself and now might be at the mercy of WR.I wont shed any tears for him how ever this thing shakes down.Someone wanting to make a cup run might give up some nice assets for him, we all should be looking at it that way.WE want 2014 right???

Old
10-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Spitsfan67*

The Spitfires admit the club has no indications Khokhlachev has any intentions of returning to North American.

“We’re hoping there’s a chance,” Rychel said. “We’ve talked to a couple of people and there’s a chance. That’s a chance we’ll take and if it works out, it’ll be worth every second.”

Both out of the star, there are some rumblings but it's not a for sure thing don't get your hopes up, I hope he comes back obviously, He'll be coming back to a mess in Windsor and he will have to be dominate for Windsor to have a chance to be a contending Team for home ice.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
London skated circles around us - they are in a different league than us this season.

They seem to get away with a lot of cheap shots, gloved punches that don't get called. The can't do any wrong in the eyes of referees. If your going to call Windsor for ticky tack ****, you call it both ways or not at all.

Why leave Pavelka in for all eight?
There's your quote

You said they killed Us but we always get the short end of the calls.

- the point was simply let's stop with we're always getting the short end.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Sec108

I say its a done deal, I bet he's back for the thanksgiving day game or by thurs.

btw......GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Old
10-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Jakey43

SPITFIRES WAIVE BEZUCH, CLAIM KHOKHLACHEV*
General Manager Warren Rychel announced today the club has waived import winger Juraj Bezuch and claimed centre Alexander Khokhlachev on re-entry waivers.
Khoklachev played two seasons with the Spitfires from 2010 to 2012, amassing 59 goals and 86 assists in 123 regular season games.
“This is a window of opportunity for Alex to come back to Windsor,” Rychel said. “If he is going to play in the CHL this year, it's going to be for the Spitfires. And he will be welcomed back.”
This season, Khoklachev has played in 16 games for Spartak Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League, scoring one goal.
The 19-year-old centre was drafted in the second round, 40th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2011 NHL Draft. *

I read this as Koko is back. But I guess the feeling is IF he wants to come back it will be Windsor. Confusing. But I heard Spits Twitter said he was coming back. I didn't see the tweet.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Ottomatic

I think we should give up on the 2014 hosting dream - we're not good enough on ice. More than anything else it will come down to who can ice the most competitive team. Who will London lose from this current squad? Harrington and maybe Maata if he can stick in the NHL as a 19 yr old? Domi is too small to stick in the show as an 18 yr old.

Also while trading Koko might be in our best long term team interest it's not in Kerby's best draft interest if you catch my drift.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
I think we should give up on the 2014 hosting dream - we're not good enough on ice. More than anything else it will come down to who can ice the most competitive team. Who will London lose from this current squad? Harrington and maybe Maata if he can stick in the NHL as a 19 yr old? Domi is too small to stick in the show as an 18 yr old.

Also while trading Koko might be in our best long term team interest it's not in Kerby's best draft interest if you catch my drift.
I think Harrington would be the only player not returning for sure, doubtful Maata makes the Pens as a 19 year old. They could potentially lose Griffith and Broadhurst as both would be OA's. London will be a contender in 14 it looks like as well.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
SPITFIRES WAIVE BEZUCH, CLAIM KHOKHLACHEV*
General Manager Warren Rychel announced today the club has waived import winger Juraj Bezuch and claimed centre Alexander Khokhlachev on re-entry waivers.
Khoklachev played two seasons with the Spitfires from 2010 to 2012, amassing 59 goals and 86 assists in 123 regular season games.
“This is a window of opportunity for Alex to come back to Windsor,” Rychel said. “If he is going to play in the CHL this year, it's going to be for the Spitfires. And he will be welcomed back.”
This season, Khoklachev has played in 16 games for Spartak Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League, scoring one goal.
The 19-year-old centre was drafted in the second round, 40th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2011 NHL Draft. *

I read this as Koko is back. But I guess the feeling is IF he wants to come back it will be Windsor. Confusing. But I heard Spits Twitter said he was coming back. I didn't see the tweet.
As a conspiracy theorist am I now reading this as WR saying "koko if you come back to CHL, it will be Windsor and no where else"?

Old
10-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Sec108

Don't worry if were not up to par at the deadline other than a no trade clause being signed before hand, Koko will be dealt and he wont be the only one.

I also agree with Otto about the 14mem cup.Without some miracles were not ready as of right now.lets wait till jan before we chime in.london looks like the legit candidate at the moment.And these lost picks forthcoming wont help our cause either.Looks like an up hill battle.

Bandwagon jumping anyone??

Old
10-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Sec108

If koko does come back will Branch investigate if any money changed hands??? OH MY!!!

Old
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Ottomatic

London is sure to lose Harrington, Hughes, Ferry and Bailie. I think Maata is good enough to stick with the Pens as a 19 yr old which would ravage their defence, and with Bailie gone it would leave their goalie situation up in the air as well. Of course Hunter would get to pull another import rabbit out of his hat.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 10-05-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old
10-05-2012, 11:41 PM
sbrug

Quote:
London is sure to lose Harrington, Hughes, Ferry and Bailie. I think Maata is good enough to stick with the Pens as a 19 yr old which would ravage their defence, and with Bailie gone it would leave their goalie situation up in the air as well. Of course Hunter would get to pull another import rabbit out of his hat.
Not to post about the Knights in the Windsor thread, but London will have Patterson/Herbst tandem, returning Maatta, Zadorov, and Raine. They have high hopes for two '96 d-men (John Di Lorenzo and Santino Centorame) with '95 Miles Liberati as a question mark. With a good amount of draft picks still in the cupboard, I think they can contend next year with a couple trades for older D. I count Maatta coming back for a few reasons. Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects and they traditionally haven't rushed up their d-men. Maatta is good but he is still making rookie mistakes every game. But he plays a ton. With the possibility of every forward returning next year (Broadhurst and Griffith are huge question marks) I don't see why London can't contend next year.

Last edited by sbrug: 10-05-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Addition
Old
10-06-2012, 12:42 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Not to post about the Knights in the Windsor thread, but London will have Patterson/Herbst tandem, returning Maatta, Zadorov, and Raine. They have high hopes for two '96 d-men (John Di Lorenzo and Santino Centorame) with '95 Miles Liberati as a question mark. With a good amount of draft picks still in the cupboard, I think they can contend next year with a couple trades for older D. I count Maatta coming back for a few reasons. Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects and they traditionally haven't rushed up their d-men. Maatta is good but he is still making rookie mistakes every game. But he plays a ton. With the possibility of every forward returning next year (Broadhurst and Griffith are huge question marks) I don't see why London can't contend next year.
I agree with you, I do not think Maata makes the pens as a 19 year old. They have solid players in Letang, Orpik, Niskanen, and Engelland. Then add the prospects they have in Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin, and even Harrington to the mix. Martin struggled this past season but still has a roster spot as well.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:53 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Against teams thought to be ahead of Windsor or along the same lines the Spits are 1-3 and been outscored 21-7 a guy like Khokhlachev doesn't make up that difference alone.
Agree totally...Koko won't vault them from being an average team trying to make the playoffs to a good one fighting for home advantage, but if he arrives it's a start. The next few games are at home and if the train doesn't get back on the tracks shortly you have to think a couple major moves are in order.

Still suspect the 'claiming him on re-entry waivers' is a blocking move to gain compensation for him. He burnt a lot of bridges when he went to the KHL. Perhaps the blocking move the Soo pulled on WR sunk in.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:27 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Agree totally...Koko won't vault them from being an average team trying to make the playoffs to a good one fighting for home advantage, but if he arrives it's a start. The next few games are at home and if the train doesn't get back on the tracks shortly you have to think a couple major moves are in order.

Still suspect the 'claiming him on re-entry waivers' is a blocking move to gain compensation for him. He burnt a lot of bridges when he went to the KHL. Perhaps the blocking move the Soo pulled on WR sunk in.
...Except, when you add a number one forward, you potentially make all four lines better.

Closed Thread