HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
...and Koko wouldn't tear it up with them?
Serves no purpose for Oshawa.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
OHLFan8771

Maybe a few of you were on to something when you posted about London getting all the calls against Windsor because it was the same story tonight when they played Erie.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:59 PM
OHLTG

I didn't see the Erie/London game, but they each had three PP and Erie had two PPG.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Maybe a few of you were on to something when you posted about London getting all the calls against Windsor because it was the same story tonight when they played Erie.
It's becoming a joke kind of, I think it's fixed sometimes I mean if Branch wants a curtain team to have a good season he just has to give the refs the signal really....I mean the way this league has become I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out the reffing is fixed... But who cares how will you ever really know or find out.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:11 AM
OHLTG

We're all doomed.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:09 AM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Did we ever hear why Koko wants back to NA??? Must be that he's playing against men and he's still a kid and cant cut it yet.
I think he is getting very little ice time.
His smallish size, and youth, will no doubt be hinderng him, espeacilly as the KHL has gotten considerabley better with all the NHL players "visiting".
Im not going to chant about how great the KHL is etc, but its still a "Mans" league, and with respect to Koko (hes alwys been a personal favourite), he is not a "full bloke" yet.
I think he would be much better back over in the OHL, so he can continue to develop, and became the fine player I expect.
I really hope he comes back, i for one miss tuning into his games.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I didn't see the Erie/London game, but they each had three PP and Erie had two PPG.
Yes they did but there were so many missed calls that should have resulted in penalties, I want to say two blatant trips, at least one high stick, one interference call comes to mind, and then Erie scored the go ahead goal but then the officials say no goal because of offsides? Normally I would say that's fine as I think it may have been offside. My problem was that there was no whistle of any indication of the call until after they scored, both teams kept playing and no one I have spoke with heard a whistle. Play continued for about 4-5 seconds and then Erie scored. I do not think you can call a play back after a goal if no whistle was blown in the first place.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 10-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old
10-07-2012, 06:52 PM
hockeyboy4

is there a chance of koko being in the lineup tommorow?

Old
10-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Sec108

Maybe someone from the Q and WHL can chime in on this topic whereas officiating or lack of one team against the other is deciding games instead of the players deciding.Im quite fed up with it.We have seen it get progressivley worse,and it seems to have already started so early in the season.

If Branch wants to strive for something other than social engineering the game he can start with his ref's and have them be more fair in their calls.At least even things out in the calls would be a good start unless things get out of hand.Which hasnt been the case in any of the games yet this early campaign.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Libbs

The Q refs are alright... they don't make themselves overly involved but still call some bonehead penalties.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
hockeyboy4

koko pointless in his game today, hopefully his last game in the khl

Old
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
Doubt it people are getting there hopes up to high, personally I think WR did this to try and cover his a** on yet another crappy trade for Bezuch....

Old
10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
The key to this statement is he is still in the KHL and not in North America as some Boston sources had said. Still not scoring and getting good ice time. Not sure exactly what the details are for re-entry waivers. Do Spits get 1st crack at his rights because he played for them or does it go in reverse order of standings. If so a number of teams must have passed on him. I still believe this is a blocking move by WR.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
The key to this statement is he is still in the KHL and not in North America as some Boston sources had said. Still not scoring and getting good ice time. Not sure exactly what the details are for re-entry waivers. Do Spits get 1st crack at his rights because he played for them or does it go in reverse order of standings. If so a number of teams must have passed on him. I still believe this is a blocking move by WR.
They dropped Bezuch and claimed Koko on waivers, he's all ours if he wants to come back to North America

Old
10-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Spitsfan67*

Feel it will be another bad game, Dekort should get the nod. Prediction is 6-3 Sting, Gally with 3 points for Sarnia, Feel like Ho-Sang will finally pot a goal.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
They dropped Bezuch and claimed Koko on waivers, he's all ours if he wants to come back to North America
I understand that but what I'm asking is if he was claimed on re-entry waivers as was reported is it because Spits had 1st choice because he was on their list previously OR did other teams pass on him (Spits weren't in last place) and when the Spits turn came they chose him.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I understand that but what I'm asking is if he was claimed on re-entry waivers as was reported is it because Spits had 1st choice because he was on their list previously OR did other teams pass on him (Spits weren't in last place) and when the Spits turn came they chose him.
When he was initially waived no team claimed him...the Spits would then be the 1st team to pick if he re-entered the waiver wire. That is my understanding of the rule and why they were able to re-claim him.

Old
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
RayzorIsDull

Disappointing Pavelka is playing this afternoon. Must believe Pavelka gives them a better chance to win games. I would rather see DeKort develop but that may not happen in Windsor.

Old
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
jughead42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Disappointing Pavelka is playing this afternoon. Must believe Pavelka gives them a better chance to win games. I would rather see DeKort develop but that may not happen in Windsor.
This makes no sense at all, it really doesn't. Pavelka is the better goalie, and the goal of a hockey team is to win. If our sole purpose were to develop a 17yo goalie then yeah, it would be disappointing to see the better player Pavelka in the net. However our purpose is to win games. Dekort has started one of 8 now and appeared in relief one other time. He's facing OHL shooters every day in practice to supplement what game experience he gets, so I don't see how we're going to ruin him. You know damn well that 17yo goalies don't often get a lot of starts on any team, you're just complaining for the sake of finding fault again. We aren't some scrub team that is going to be sacrificing points in the standing to develop young kids, although you seem to think we should be. Pavelka has been great and has given us a chance to win the games we did, how fair is it to him and the rest of the players on the team (who want to win, unlike you) if we sit Pavelka in a big home game against a division opponent? It's not like Pavelka is tired from playing 3 in 4 or anything this weekend, by sitting him you would almost be blaming him for the losses against London and Guelph. You would be such a crummy assed coach man, you're a real expert alright but only in your own mind. Here in reality you're just blowing smoke again so you can piss on management. So tiresome.

Last edited by jughead42*: 10-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Libbs

13 GA in 2 games should be a good indication to play the other goalie.

Old
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
13 GA in 2 games should be a good indication to play the other goalie.
Sarnia has 10 new faces on this team if you don't believe this is a good chance for DeKort to play not sure when the right situation would present itself. I think Boogie and Rychel are going for broke trying to win as many games as possible since they have no 1st rounder. If they had that 1st rounder in their back pocket they could afford to play DeKort more.

Old
10-08-2012, 02:46 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
When he was initially waived no team claimed him...the Spits would then be the 1st team to pick if he re-entered the waiver wire. That is my understanding of the rule and why they were able to re-claim him.
Thanks that clarifies it...

Old
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
RayzorIsDull

Tough loss, some players looked better eg. Rychel, Johnson and Ho-Sang had some flashes and Pavelka was fine but not enough good performances. Over the past 3 games they scored 4 goals that's not enough. Need a better performance on Thursday.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
punch1943

Close but no Cigar

Spits looked a lot better than in their pair of lopsided losses but this was not a game against a highly rated team. It (the shoot-out) was exciting for the fans but the game itself was a rather dull affair. Rychel had some good jump and Ho-Sang looks as if he's ready to break out. I too, thought this was a game that begged to have DeKort in it.
Pavelka played well but if you're ever going to play DeKort this was the time. Will they dare play DeKort against the Zoo? I doubt it. They would be in deep doo doo if they lose 4 in a row.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Tough loss, some players looked better eg. Rychel, Johnson and Ho-Sang had some flashes and Pavelka was fine but not enough good performances. Over the past 3 games they scored 4 goals that's not enough. Need a better performance on Thursday.
Thought DeKort might get the start however Pavelka played very well
Schoenmakers and Clark played well,special teams again the problem 5 on 5 Windsor played well for the most part,still looking for some others to step up
Heard at the rink that Koko wants to come back but his dad wants him to stay in Russia
for his development and confidence he should come back
Todays game performance much better then the last 2 guess it could not be worse
Have to take advantage of a weakened SSM lineup with Miller and now Sproul out for extended
periods of time

Closed Thread