HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 11:14 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
I hope Sieloff is okay, leaving his feet and all

Old
10-19-2012, 05:10 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksutton9 View Post
Do you actually watch games??? Devlin not only plays a regular shift but he does it with Sieloff. He's easily in the top four. I don't recall him being healthy scratched at all this year.

Now if you want to say he's our 7th best defencemen on the roster, I wouldn't debate that too much. He battles but he always seems to take a silly penalty. Much like McNaughton, probably plays more than he should.

Tonight, McNaughton and Bateman rotated between 6th and 7th defensemen alternating shifts with Sandvido.

I do like the fact Sandvido gets solid playing time on the third pairing and even PK's too. Always plays within himself and likely to make the safe play rather than the spectacular one. I'm looking forward to seeing where he's at by the end of the year.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63231

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63220

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63243

I didn't have enough time to go back before september 28th game which is the middle link but early in the season he was scratched and in little patches last month. Yes I do watch the games I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years

Old
10-19-2012, 08:55 AM
RayzorIsDull

Decent game last night, they seemed to control play for the better half of 2nd period and a bit of the 3rd. Not sure if you can give all the credit to Dansk he was the best player on the ice but the Spits also have issues scoring goals. They were able to salvage their 4 game homestand though. Five game road trip starts tonight though. In one other note Bilcke all but got into a staged fight that wasn't called one. Can this guy actually play the game? He gets into a fight 15 seconds in, the fight does nothing for either team and Bilcke gets I think 2-3 shifts the rest of the game. It really seems to be a sideshow with Ty and not about playing hockey. That was a great hit by Sieloff that seemed to wake the team up, on replay it looked like he did leave his feet a bit but he didn't lead with his elbow or target the head which is good. That is the type of play that can spur a team on, Bilcke should take notes.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:11 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Decent game last night, they seemed to control play for the better half of 2nd period and a bit of the 3rd. Not sure if you can give all the credit to Dansk he was the best player on the ice but the Spits also have issues scoring goals. They were able to salvage their 4 game homestand though. Five game road trip starts tonight though. In one other note Bilcke all but got into a staged fight that wasn't called one. Can this guy actually play the game? He gets into a fight 15 seconds in, the fight does nothing for either team and Bilcke gets I think 2-3 shifts the rest of the game. It really seems to be a sideshow with Ty and not about playing hockey. That was a great hit by Sieloff that seemed to wake the team up, on replay it looked like he did leave his feet a bit but he didn't lead with his elbow or target the head which is good. That is the type of play that can spur a team on, Bilcke should take notes.
If he left his feet isn't this a text book charge? He lined him up from 15 feet away and then left his feet on the check. Seems that 7 minute PP maybe shouldnt have been given.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:23 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
If he left his feet isn't this a text book charge? He lined him up from 15 feet away and then left his feet on the check. Seems that 7 minute PP maybe shouldnt have been given.
That's a classic bullying move by Pelech he should get 5 games for it. From one angle it looks like he barely left his feet, the other angle looks like he was fine. That move by Pelech was disgusting and that's the stuff you need to take out of the game.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:04 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's a classic bullying move by Pelech he should get 5 games for it. From one angle it looks like he barely left his feet, the other angle looks like he was fine. That move by Pelech was disgusting and that's the stuff you need to take out of the game.
I agree with you that Pelech should not have jumped in immediately like that. As I said earlier he should have waited for Sieloff to get up then asked him to go. Either way my point was that if he left his feet like you say he did then he should have received a minimum two minute charging call. Do not act like Sieloff is 100% the victim here, I am all for hits but when you travel that distance, leave your feet, seemingly have no intention to play the puck and only the hit; then you better be ready to drop the gloves.

And who knows what the suspension if any other than the automatic one will be. It is always a crap shoot with Branch.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYEJtOi4Z8

Watch it closely bud what happened is pucks coming out of the zone Sieloff went to go keep it in but instead the Erie player didn't see sieloff coming towards him and picked the puck up his heads down(bad decision) and Sieloff hit him, he only took 2 strides(he was at blue line and the Erie player was at the top of the circle on the boards) AND he never left his feet until the hit was made because of how hard Sieloff hits, just because it was a hard hit and a big one doesn't mean it's an automatic 5.....GREAT HIT and hope to see a couple more of those very soon...maybe the kid will keep his head up on Saturday when they meet again.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:19 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYEJtOi4Z8

Watch it closely bud what happened is pucks coming out of the zone Sieloff went to go keep it in but instead the Erie player didn't see sieloff coming towards him and picked the puck up his heads down(bad decision) and Sieloff hit him, he only took 2 strides(he was at blue line and the Erie player was at the top of the circle on the boards) AND he never left his feet until the hit was made because of how hard Sieloff hits, just because it was a hard hit and a big one doesn't mean it's an automatic 5.....GREAT HIT and hope to see a couple more of those very soon...maybe the kid will keep his head up on Saturday when they meet again.
One do not call me bud, two I only said he left his feet and because another Spits fan said he did, and three he did leave his feet just prior to making contact because he launched himself into Hodgson. Watch the replay again.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:28 AM
dirk

Sieloff

This kid is walking a fine line..he's a head hunter and head hunters in this league soon become the "hunted"!

Old
10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
One do not call me bud, two I only said he left his feet and because another Spits fan said he did, and three he did leave his feet just prior to making contact because he launched himself into Hodgson. Watch the replay again.
Haha ok one then you didn't watch the hit open up your eyes soon as he makes contact his feet left because of the impact of the hit and two it wasn't a charge like you want to bielieve....sieloff just hits hard and the rookie needs to have his head up in this league if it was this hit would not have looked this bad.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
This kid is walking a fine line..he's a head hunter and head hunters in this league soon become the "hunted"!
Shoulder was down...hasn't targeted the head once....so what you and OHLFan are trying to say is you can't throw a hard clean hit.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus the Brampton Battalion

The Windsor Spitfires continue their 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season this evening with a road game against the Brampton Battalion. This is the only scheduled visit by the Spitfires to Brampton. Puck drop is set for 7:30 pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0044.php

Old
10-19-2012, 10:44 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Shoulder was down...hasn't targeted the head once....so what you and OHLFan are trying to say is you can't throw a hard clean hit.
Well Branch has something to do with.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
That doesnt even make sense.

Im not going to enter a pissing contest with an idiot, so far you are the only one trying to make an argument that he did not leave his feet. Whatever you see it one way I see it the other.
Haha your blind watch it again or go watch the highlights on TSN Zoomed in it was clean and shoulder to shoulder, I agree Im done talkin the video is pretty clear.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHometown View Post

The Windsor Spitfires continue their 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season this evening with a road game against the Brampton Battalion. This is the only scheduled visit by the Spitfires to Brampton. Puck drop is set for 7:30 pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0044.php

Hopefully they can grab another two points here, guessing Pav with the start tonight and Dekort tommorow.. 4-2 spits tonight is my prediction.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Section103

How does one "leave their feet"?

Old
10-19-2012, 11:39 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Come on now you know that is a term used in hockey when dealing with a charging penalty.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
4 Bobby ORR

Regarding the Seiloff hit. It was on my side of the rink and I was watching the puck then KABOOM. I missed the lead up to the hit but I saw Seiloff flying over Hodgson and thought Oh Oh!!! When no penalty was called I thought we benefited from the refs non call this time.
Now after watching the video, I can not definitely say whether Seiloff left his feet or was it from the contact. It was difficult to distinguish when the point of contact occurred from the 2 camera angles. It appears the refs position did not have any better view than the cameras did, hence the non call.
Seiloff's play has made him my favorite Spitfire to date and I love what he bring to the table.
Can't wait to see Ho-Sang in a year. What amazes be about Ho-Sang is what can do with very little space. Hangs on to the puck a little too long with he cutesy plays but we'll see in a year.

As for Erie, I can see why London was hot after Dansk- he is a solid positional goalie. It would be scary to think what London would look like had they got Dansk. Thank you Erie.
Now McDavid- I can see why he got the exceptional status- he is that good. He is already a 2-way player with speed and the moves while keeping his head up. Enjoy him till he turns 18 because he is the real deal.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:31 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post

Old
10-19-2012, 12:41 PM
dirk

Quote:
What I am trying to say I would like to see Sieloff make ONE hit that doesnt involve a minumum of 5 strides...all of his "big hits" have been textbook charging calls....regardless of where he makes contact...

Old
10-19-2012, 12:52 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
What I am trying to say I would like to see Sieloff make ONE hit that doesnt involve a minumum of 5 strides...all of his "big hits" have been textbook charging calls....regardless of where he makes contact...
He didn't take 5 strides, he took a couple then glided.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
5 Strides is over dramatic he took 2 and maybe 3 last night...that was just a player who had his head down and Sieloff hammered him and thats about it if Hodgson was a bigger kid lets say 205 plus and 6'3
If his head was up that hit wouldn't have looked like he got hit by a train that's all I'm saying, Sieloff doesn't go out there looking to hurt players, he wants to throw a big hit here and there and get the boys goin along with the home town crowd and that hit definitely did that.

Old
10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits are 5-2-0-3 in their last 10 games since the game 1 loss to Owen Sd
Though the Spits played 7 of those 10 at home,the last 4 in a row where they went 2-0-0-2,its not bad considering how inconsistent most of the players have been,especially the key players with the exception of Vail and Pavelka
During this stretch spits have scored 30 and allowed 31 excluding shootout winners,which includes an eight spot against London
In fact other then the 5 goals allowed against Guelph and 8 against London,the Spits have allowed 18 goals in the other 8 games,pretty good in my view
DeKort has only allowed 2 goals in each of his 2 starts yet he has to win,unfortunately losing them in a shootout
Kirby Rychel is getting hot at the right time 6pts last 4 games including 4 goals,Vail,M,Clarke,Schoenmakers,HoSang,have played well offensively,while Johnson,who has struggled all year,and Maletta who is struggling lately need to pick it up
Defensively as a unit they have played well,to me Devlin has outplayed Bateman and Mcnaughton lately and deserves to stay in the lineup
The one thing that continues to amaze me is that the defence corps have only scored 1 goal this season
{Seiloff},sure would like to see more offence from Ebert,Bateman,
Mcnaughton and Posa
Sanvido has played well for a rookie,better then I expected,while Seiloff gives some nice offence combined with his devastating hits
I am very comfortable with the goaltending both Pavelka and Dekort have played well
In the system Kuchmey is playing great in Strathroy 1.85 for a losy team,while Mitch Graham and Graeham Brown are playing very well for their jr b teams
This 5 game road trip split into this
weekend and next should prove interesting as Windsor and other teams get into the 15 game played range,and start deciding the eventual makeups of the their lineups

Old
10-19-2012, 06:49 PM
etr102

WTF Is up with the Audio tonight? I'm hearing a very irritating noise in the background, and the announcers are barely audible over top of it.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Spitsfan67*

Does any one know if the refs have there whistles or if they left them in there dressing room, I've counted literally 10 trips between both sides... I get let them play but jeez common here

Closed Thread