HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"New Era of MLSE Unfolding" hunt for new CEO

Old
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
Don't forget to add in the prized possession of our new owners. Those Blue Jays are something else eh?
Completely forgot about that.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:08 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
In fact some of us have been saying this is a "Playoffs of Burke" season ahead for some time now.

When there is a ownership change in many businesses not just in this case here, they often tend to want to employ their own middle management people once they take over control. So reading some of the incoming Bell/Rogers majority owners might be considering the same is not surprising.

When a business is unsuccessful there is often change in management, to improve on past performances. When MLSE officially hires a new CEO then that person will be the main one that determines the direction of the organizations sports managers as they will report to him in the chain of command.

That's to simple of a way of looking at it in my opinion, what we know is that newly appointed Anselmi has said he wants to build a winning team and that's exactly what we've been doing (rebuilding for the long term for the last 3 or so years).

The new guys being brought in are on the same page as Burke and Nonis in my eyes because they see the plan in it's entirety and want to stick with the plan. It's not just about making the playoffs in the short term and never has been otherwise Burke would have sold off all of our future just to sneak into the playoffs and please his overlords. But that hasn't happened, which is a little telling of what page everyone is really on.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:26 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
In fact some of us have been saying this is a "Playoffs of Burke" season ahead for some time now.

When there is a ownership change in many businesses not just in this case here, they often tend to want to employ their own middle management people once they take over control. So reading some of the incoming Bell/Rogers majority owners might be considering the same is not surprising.

When a business is unsuccessful there is often change in management, to improve on past performances. When MLSE officially hires a new CEO then that person will be the main one that determines the direction of the organizations sports managers as they will report to him in the chain of command.
...and when their "own management" is someone who has already proven himself unsuccessful? You've also been saying "for some time now" how Rogers would demand excellence and open the financial coffers yet over a decade of evidence suggests otherwise.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Another great hit piece on Burke by the one and only Cox.
Cox is one of the few Burke supporters he has left in the media. Cox is always defending Burke. Always

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:47 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
That's to simple of a way of looking at it in my opinion, what we know is that newly appointed Anselmi has said he wants to build a winning team and that's exactly what we've been doing (rebuilding for the long term for the last 3 or so years).

The new guys being brought in are on the same page as Burke and Nonis in my eyes because they see the plan in it's entirety and want to stick with the plan. It's not just about making the playoffs in the short term and never has been otherwise Burke would have sold off all of our future just to sneak into the playoffs and please his overlords. But that hasn't happened, which is a little telling of what page everyone is really on.
He may want to build a winner, but at Toronto FC, he's proven he has utterly no clue how to do that, cycling through 3 GMs and 7 coaches in 6 hopeless seasons.

The idea that this guy is the one who gets to decide when Burke is done, and who comes next, scares the **** out of me.

TruthDeliveryVehicle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Cox is one of the few Burke supporters he has left in the media. Cox is always defending Burke. Always
I wouldn't say that. Cox's game is going against the grain, whatever that happens to be at the time. Here, a lot of the time, that means he's the only one defending Burke's decisions. But, there are plenty of examples of Cox giving it to Burke, too.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:15 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Steady View Post
He may want to build a winner, but at Toronto FC, he's proven he has utterly no clue how to do that, cycling through 3 GMs and 7 coaches in 6 hopeless seasons.

The idea that this guy is the one who gets to decide when Burke is done, and who comes next, scares the **** out of me.
The article says he needs to have the stamp of approval by the board.

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Steady View Post

I agree that Anselmi's been a complete disaster but Burke makes the decisions for the Leafs so I'm not really worried.

IMO he's just another sock puppet as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:23 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Cox has been around for a long while and knows how to sugarcoat it better then most, but there isn't much of a distinction between him and Simmons in my opinion when you read in between the lines.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:51 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Cox has been around for a long while and knows how to sugarcoat it better then most, but there isn't much of a distinction between him and Simmons in my opinion when you read in between the lines.
The difference between them is calculation. Cox can be a total idiot, but most of the time he's just trying to push buttons to get a response. It is not uncommon at all for him to reverse his opinion entirely. See last year's "Trade Kessel" and "Stay the Course" columns within a couple of weeks of each other. He can be a total hypocrite, but it doesn't matter because he gets hits and people pay attention. A lot like a lot of high profile posters right here at the HF Leafs Board, really.

Simmons is just a total moron. It seems personal cause it is. He's not able to put his feelings aside to write a fair story.