HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames - Canucks

Old
09-05-2012, 07:58 AM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Flames - Canucks

To the Flames:

Zack Kassian.

To the Canucks.

Curtis Glencross.

Why the Flames do this?

I do not care what the team, management, owners, coaches, King or fans think. They need to rebuild. Kassian offers them a very promising, but very raw prospect who they can develop along side the few forward prospects they already have.

Why the Canucks do this?

The Canucks need to win and they need to win now. Glencross adds 3 very useful tools. He can score goals, he can play on the PK and lastly, he add's a toughness up front that the Canucks could use.

Go nuts.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:32 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Hrm. Interesting but no from both sides.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
No from the Flames. Glencross is on an amazing contract, and quite honestly, he could get a better return. On top of that, he won't be dealt to Vancouver for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
To the Flames:
I do not care what the team, management, owners, coaches, King or fans think. They need to rebuild.
As much as I agree with you, it's just not going to happen yet.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 938
No thanks. We're not going to give up Kassian before we can see how well he performs when given more opportunities.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Flames rebuilder

Glencross is one of the few core players that I'd keep, in the event of of a rebuild. Kassian may be as good as glenX some day but I don't see him being much better. While I'd love him on the Flames, it wouldn't be at that cost as I feel the return could be better.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

I don't see Glencross leaving Calgary unless they get a player of similar caliber.

They aren't going into rebuild, and Glencross is an important piece for them to win.

(btw)I'm not saying I think they WILL win alot, i'm just saying that Glencross is too important.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:41 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
there are different ways of rebuilding completely re-buffing your scouting dept and taking control of player development with your AHL team are examples of this.

Making bad trades isn't the route to go

SaintMorose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:48 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Glencross would be one of the pieces the Flames would keep in the event of a rebuild.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I know Flames fans will hate me when I say this, but as good as Glencross is he won't bring back a bluechip NHL ready prospect like Kassian. Glencross will be 30 when the season is under way, how often has a 30 year old ~50 point forward returned a player of Kassian's calibur? If Glencross is traded, they'll likely get a 1st rounder and a good but not great prospect like Connauton. I'm just laying that out as straight value, I do not expect the Flames to trade Glencross (especially to the Canucks).

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
ESH

Glencross is a 30-goal scorer with a $2.7 million caphit. Why would we downgrade for a player who MIGHT have that potential?

ESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:58 AM
The Hendog

Glencross has a NMC and will not be waiving it to leave Alberta where his family and ranch are

End Thread

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESH View Post
Glencross is a 30-goal scorer with a $2.7 million caphit. Why would we downgrade for a player who MIGHT have that potential?
What great logic. First off, this trade is based on the Flames re-building. If they were, this would be a heck of a return for Glencross. As I mentioned above, it isn't often that ~30 year old, ~50 point forwards return blue chip prospects. Second, where do you get off calling Glencross a 30 goal scorer? He has never once scored 30 goals in his career, and only once has he ever been on pace to do so.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
Glencross has a NMC and will not be waiving it to leave Alberta where his family and ranch are

End Thread
This, pretty much. He seems to be perfectly happy where he is.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:38 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Pass, not even close to making the Flames think about moving Glencross. Kassian is a boom or bust type of player. Glencross scored, plays top 6, kills penalties and adds a physical edge and is on an exceptional home town contract.

Its great to talk about rebuilding, but trading Glencross forf Kassian straight across is terrible asset management towards a rebuild.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
palindrom

Quote:
I wonder What is your definition of a 30 goals scorer?

Is someone who never ever scored 30 goals, a 30 goals scorer according to your definition?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
medhatcanuck

I agree with Flames fans, no need to take that risk, when try already have a player who is a great flame in Glen
Glencross is a type of player that helps you win playoff type games, hopefully we get to see him in that type of situation soon.

No lockout!!!

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I wonder What is your definition of a 30 goals scorer?

Is someone who never ever scored 30 goals, a 30 goals scorer according to your definition?
26 goals in 67 games is comfortably a 30-goal pace, but you're point is fair. He's also only accomplished that (projected) total once.

I think its probably more fair to call him a 20 goal scorer (twice) or, at best, a 25 goal scorer.

I think it's a pretty reasonable offer, in terms of value.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:11 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
26 goals in 67 games is comfortably a 30-goal pace, but you're point is fair. He's also only accomplished that (projected) total once.

I think its probably more fair to call him a 20 goal scorer (twice) or, at best, a 25 goal scorer.

I think it's a pretty reasonable offer, in terms of value.
I appreciate your reply.

I have often issue when people call a player a X goals player. More often than not they use the upper number. And even if a player do it once in his career, can we call Gomez a 30 goals scorer?

We should have a standard definition for thing like that in a sticky.

i suggest the average of goals from a player in the last 3 years adjusted by his age (rising/decline).

So by this definition Gomez is really a 5 goal scorer while Glencross can be safely called a 20 goals scorer, despite his injury.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
n00bxQb

CGY should sign Fabian Brunnstrom, a former 246-goal scorer ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
I'm not sure which Glencross you're talking about, but Curtis Glencross on the Flames has never scored 30 goals.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Ashasx

Not trading a player like Glencross with his contract for a B-level prospect.

I find it hilarious that we're being told that we need to rebuild by opposing fans. I guess it's just so we can make bad trades like this one that benefit the opposition.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
dave babych returns

No way would I trade Kassian for Glencross.

I'd happily take CG on my team and he is certainly going to be the more effective player this upcoming season but the Canucks can't squander organizational depth like this.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I would rather see what we have in Kassian prior to tossing him to another team, especially with the expectations associated to his future. Furthermore, our depth is incredibly shallow, arguably one of the worst in the league. We simply cannot afford to trade the very few prospects with NHL projected talent. We want to win now but at least compete in the future.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:36 PM
blankall

Both fans are going to say no to this.

From a Flames fan's perspective, Kassian just doesn't look that special to me. He seems like a player who relied on his size and strength to outcompete less physically developed players at a lower level. Right now he just doesn't have the footspeed or skill to translate that game to an NHL level.

Young players who are undersized can get bigger and stronger. Guys who physically bloom early have a much harder time developing skills and hockey sense.

Meanwhile Glencross is the ideal second liner at an amazing contract.

No thanks.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Kassian might be as effective as GlenX is right now, one day.

Flames have no reason to do this even in a rebuild. If we dealt GlenX we could get a much better prospect than Kassian. (Not to say Kassian isn't a good player).

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote