HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Net Trade Pick Value of following Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM
  #1
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,772
vCash: 50
Net Trade Pick Value of following Leafs

Curious what you guys think the value of the following leaf players is if they were exchanged for draft picks.

so ie....


Connolly = 5th Round Pick
Komisarek = NOTHING

Here's the list...

Connolly
Steckel
Lombardi
McClement
Lupul
Grabovski
MacArthur
Brown
Bozak
Liles
Komisarek
Phaneuf
Gunnarsson

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
  #2
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Curious what you guys think the value of the following leaf players is if they were exchanged for draft picks.

so ie....


Connolly = 5th Round Pick
Komisarek = NOTHING

Here's the list...

Connolly 3rd (1 year left on his contract)
Steckel 4th
Lombardi 3rd
McClement (just signed)
Lupul middle 1st
Grabovski middle 1st
MacArthur 2nd
Brown 5th
Bozak 3rd
Liles 2nd and a 4th
Komisarek nothing
Phaneuf nothing (because of his salary) if you have the cap space middle 1st
Gunnarsson 2nd
my thoughts

danyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM
  #3
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,863
vCash: 157
Lupul and Grabovski are worth a lot more than a mid 1st. Worth and what they'd actually get are two very different things.

People also tend to seriously overrate picks on HF.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
  #4
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Connolly- 3rd or 4th
Steckel- 4th
Lombardi- 4th
McClement- 3rd, we'll see when he plays a few games as a leaf
Lupul- mid first
Grabovski- mid first plus something
MacArthur- Low 2nd/3rd
Brown- 4th or 5th
Bozak- Low 2nd or 3rd
Liles- Don't really know his true value. I'd guess 2nd
Komisarek- Negative Value
Phaneuf- 1st
Gunnarsson- Low 1st/High 2nd

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:04 AM
  #5
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
would be better on the leaf board only because of the arguement that wil fallow

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:24 AM
  #6
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 950
Connolly = right now nothing , 2nd or 3rd at the deadline , if he's playing decent
Steckel = nothing
Lombardi = nothing
McClement
Lupul = depends on how he does this season
Grabovski = his salary is too high to go for a pick
MacArthur = 2nd
Brown = nothing
Bozak = 3rd
Liles = nothing , he's overpaid
Komisarek = nothing
Phaneuf= late 1st and a mid level prospect or a 3rd liner
Gunnarsson= two 2nd or a 2nd and a 3rd

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:08 AM
  #7
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
K I don't like Phaneuf but his value is a 1st rd pick AT THE VERY LEAST. He's a very valuable defenseman. Top 2 on most teams in the league.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:18 AM
  #8
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 1785
Connolly - 5TH - 2nd/3rd+
Steckel - 6th - 4th
Lombardi - 6th - 4th+

McClement - 3rd - 1st+ (similar to Goose)
Lupul - 2nd+ - 1st+ from a PO bound team***
Grabovski - 1st - 1st+ from a PO bound team
MacArthur - 3rd - 2nd+
Brown - 5th/6th - 4th (maybe)
Bozak - 3rd/4th - late 2nd+
Liles - 3rd - late 1st (similar to Quincey)
Komisarek - cap dump
Phaneuf - 1st+ - 1st++
Gunnarsson - 2nd+ - late 1st

Trade deadline value in bold.

***dependent on Lupul's health

kthsn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:48 AM
  #9
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Here's the list...

Connolly= 3rd or 4th
Steckel- desperate team could give 3rd, more likely 4th
Lombardi- 4th
McClement- 5th
Lupul- 1st rounder in the 15+ range + 2nd rounder
Grabovski- 2 late firsts
MacArthur- 2nd rounder
Brown-5th
Bozak- 1st
Liles- 2nd rounder
Komisarek- 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd for desperate team
Phaneuf- 2 first rounders
Gunnarsson- first rounder

my thoughts

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:52 AM
  #10
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,344
vCash: 50
Connolly = mild negative now, 2nd at the deadline
Steckel =4th
Lombardi = negative
Lupul = mid 1st + prospect, deadline depends on sustained play
Grabovski = late 1st + prospect
MacArthur = 2nd or 3rd
Brown = nothing
Bozak = 2nd or 3rd and meh prospect
Liles = nothing
Komisarek = -1sts (that's right you gotta pay someone to take him away)
Phaneuf= mid-late 1st and a mid level prospect or a 3rd liner
Gunnarsson= 2nd+3rd, deadline 2x2nds

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:38 AM
  #11
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,581
vCash: 500
I'd give a 4th + Nokelainen for Steckel

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:07 AM
  #12
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 500
None of them are worth any picks at this point -- the new CBA needs to be determined before guys start getting traded for picks. Furthermore, what the heck is the point of this? Beyond a guy like Lombardi, none of these guys would be available for a pick anyways.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:01 AM
  #13
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Komisarek- 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd for desperate team
Yeah right.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:23 AM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Here's the list...

Connolly= 3rd or 4th
Grabovski- 2 late firsts
MacArthur- 2nd rounder
Komisarek- 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd for desperate team

my thoughts
I doubt there is a team in the league that would give up a 3rd or 4th for Connolly, coming off a 35 pt season and due $4.5m.
How many teams give up a 2nd or 3rd for a 3rd pairing d-man, making $3m?

I also don't see Grabovski returning two late 1sts or MacArthur bringing back a 2nd rounder.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
  #15
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Curious what you guys think the value of the following leaf players is if they were exchanged for draft picks.

so ie....


Connolly = 5th Round Pick
Komisarek = NOTHING

Here's the list...

Connolly
Steckel
Lombardi
McClement
Lupul
Grabovski
MacArthur
Brown
Bozak
Liles
Komisarek
Phaneuf
Gunnarsson
I think the value of those players right now would be lower than it would be at the deadline. If the Leafs were actually going to trade Phaneuf, I could easily see him getting 2 first round picks at the deadline especially since those pick would be in the bottom half of the draft coming from a playoff team and if there were more than one team involved in the bargaining process.

Connolly-nothing
Steckel-3rd-4th
Lombardi-?
McClement-4th-5th
Lupul-1st
Grabovski-1st
MacArthur-2nd
Brown-?
Bozak-2nd
Liles-3rd
Komisarek-nothing
Phaneuf-1st+
Gunnarsson-2nd+

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
  #16
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,647
vCash: 50
Assuming the cap stays as is, seems like that won't happen but we have nothing else to go off of:

Connolly - 3rd, maybe a 2nd if a could teams run into injury trouble and a little bidding war gets started, unlikely to happen though since other players could be available. He had what I think everyone would say was a down year but he still got 36 points usually playing with not that great of linemates and he was up there in the league for blocked shots by a forward.
Steckel - 4th, no more than a 3rd and we would only get that if a team is really struggling at faceoffs.
Lombardi - 6th, he really hasn't shown anything yet, don't think anybody would take him.
McClement - 4th, just another depth player really
Lupul - ~20th overall, how he played last year would be worth more, how he has played previously in his career worth less, both teams taking some risk, meet in the middle. Also can't deny his past injuries.
Grabovski - ~20th overall, great 2nd line center who always gives it his all.
MacArthur - high second or 2 low 2nds, he has scored 20+ goals each of the last 2 years and is still only 27. You get lucky if your 2nd round picks gets that kind of production, MacArthur lacks elsewhere in his game though so his value isn't higher.
Brown - 4th, just a depth player, many teams could find someone similar in their own prospect pool.
Bozak - low 1st, capable of playing any of the top 9 center positions, has speed, plays defensively and is bigger than most think although he doesn't do the big hits. There are obviously better centers out there, but Bozak is a great player to hold the fort and eventually become a great depth guy.
Liles - low 2nd, he played great at the start of last season and in my opinion was on pace to make the all star game, had the concussion then tailed off. Both teams taking a risk at a low 2nd.
Komisarek - 6th, big cap hit for a guy who hasn't played all that great. Basically would only be needed by a team with cap space who has had some injuries.
Phaneuf - 2 mid firsts, is a #1 on some teams, on most others he would be #2. His cap hit is up there but with the ever rising cap and if there are no more cap circumvention contracts his will be right in the mix of everyone elses.
Gunnarsson - late first, he probably isn't a true top pairing guy but he is still only 25. He may just yet become a legitimate top pairing guy.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:22 AM
  #17
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Assuming the cap stays as is, seems like that won't happen but we have nothing else to go off of:

Connolly - 3rd, maybe a 2nd if a could teams run into injury trouble and a little bidding war gets started, unlikely to happen though since other players could be available. He had what I think everyone would say was a down year but he still got 36 points usually playing with not that great of linemates and he was up there in the league for blocked shots by a forward.
Steckel - 4th, no more than a 3rd and we would only get that if a team is really struggling at faceoffs.
Lombardi - 6th, he really hasn't shown anything yet, don't think anybody would take him.
McClement - 4th, just another depth player really
Lupul - ~20th overall, how he played last year would be worth more, how he has played previously in his career worth less, both teams taking some risk, meet in the middle. Also can't deny his past injuries.
Grabovski - ~20th overall, great 2nd line center who always gives it his all.
MacArthur - high second or 2 low 2nds, he has scored 20+ goals each of the last 2 years and is still only 27. You get lucky if your 2nd round picks gets that kind of production, MacArthur lacks elsewhere in his game though so his value isn't higher.
Brown - 4th, just a depth player, many teams could find someone similar in their own prospect pool.
Bozak - low 1st, capable of playing any of the top 9 center positions, has speed, plays defensively and is bigger than most think although he doesn't do the big hits. There are obviously better centers out there, but Bozak is a great player to hold the fort and eventually become a great depth guy.
Liles - low 2nd, he played great at the start of last season and in my opinion was on pace to make the all star game, had the concussion then tailed off. Both teams taking a risk at a low 2nd.
Komisarek - 6th, big cap hit for a guy who hasn't played all that great. Basically would only be needed by a team with cap space who has had some injuries.
Phaneuf - 2 mid firsts, is a #1 on some teams, on most others he would be #2. His cap hit is up there but with the ever rising cap and if there are no more cap circumvention contracts his will be right in the mix of everyone elses.
Gunnarsson - late first, he probably isn't a true top pairing guy but he is still only 25. He may just yet become a legitimate top pairing guy.
There's no way Phaneuf lands you 2 mid firsts at this point. Maybe a pick around 15-25 and a 2nd or third.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
  #18
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I think this is a flawed concept because draft pick trades straight up generally only work for prospects. With older players, there's contract issues to consider, and usually you'll get contracts back to balance things. Therefore, this will end up looking like it's arbitrarily depressing the value of those players... and I'm certain someone will notice that and immediately conclude it's because they're Leafs or something.

There is no "universal trade value" currency equivalent out there. It just doesn't exist. Accept this, and one becomes much more proficient at these discussions.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
  #19
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 70,457
vCash: 499
I'd do an Islanders for the next three seasons to get McClement back.

__________________
ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
  #20
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I'd do an Islanders for the next three seasons to get McClement back.
I've read this a few times and still can't understand your comment.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
  #21
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I've read this a few times and still can't understand your comment.
I think he's offering all of his teams draft picks for the next few years for McClement.

Islanders were rumored to be offering all their picks in this past draft to acquire the 2nd overall pick.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
  #22
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 70,457
vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
I think he's offering all of his teams draft picks for the next few years for McClement.

Islanders were rumored to be offering all their picks in this past draft to acquire the 2nd overall pick.
Yup, this.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
  #23
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Connolly-3rd round pick, he's a $4 million salary with a $4.75 million cap hit.
Steckel-4th or 5th rounder
Lombardi-5th or 6th rounder, maybe a conditional pick for games played
McClement-3rd rounder
Lupul-1st and 2nd rounder, more with an extension, but not likely to garner this due to health issues
Grabovski- late 1st and 3rd rounder
MacArthur-2nd and 4th, perhaps a 1st if we include a pick back
Brown-4th or 5th rounder
Bozak- hardest value for me, trade value hurt by ? of inflated stats and pending UFA
Liles-2nd rounder
Komisarek-only way he has value is if teams want a stop gap with salary less than cap hit
Phaneuf-1st and 2nd +depending on where the team ends up
Gunnarsson-late 1st or early 2nd and 3rd

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:16 PM
  #24
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
There's no way Phaneuf lands you 2 mid firsts at this point. Maybe a pick around 15-25 and a 2nd or third.
I would think there would a few GM's who are playoff bound would give up two mid rounders, or something similar, for Phaneuf. Despite popular belief, Phaneuf has value.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
  #25
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I'd do an Islanders for the next three seasons to get McClement back.
Still don't believe that was true.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.