HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 08:38 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I wonder what happens if you keep asking once you get demoted?
Maybe the game forces you to retire? Wouldn't surprise me...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
My team (EDM) has now let Devin Dubnyk, Ales Hemsky, RNH, Taylor Hall, Ladislav Smid, Jeff Petry, Nick Schultz, Cilton Tuebert, and many others walk via free agency.
I just won the art Ross, rocket, and hart but my value isn't high enough to be traded?

Wow....

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:50 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
My team (EDM) has now let Devin Dubnyk, Ales Hemsky, RNH, Taylor Hall, Ladislav Smid, Jeff Petry, Nick Schultz, Cilton Tuebert, and many others walk via free agency.
I just won the art Ross, rocket, and hart but my value isn't high enough to be traded?

Wow....
Problem located.
Try playing for a horrible team off the bat, the game is much more enjoyable because you actually get players. At least that's what I've experienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Maybe the game forces you to retire? Wouldn't surprise me...
I'd try this myself but I'm far too lazy. Someone let me know what happens.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

I see that in the new patch it says that it fixed a problem with teams not signing RFA's or UFA's in the off-season, but doesn't say anything about dumbass trades.

Think this problem will be mostly fixed after the patch?

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

You don't retire if you request to many trades. They demote you all the way to third line in the AHL then take away your option to request a trade.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

How are you guys getting demoted, honestly please let me know. I've been trying to get demoted for about 3 weeks into the season and I cant. Im a 70 overall goalie but somehow the starter for the Flames. I want to go back to the Ice Dogs for another year just to get a better overall and everything but they wont send me down!!!

I've played like absolute ****, I've requested to be traded multiple times and nothing! After I request to be traded the GM says "Enjoy your demotion", and it appears if I get sent down... but not really. After a couple days of simming Im back up with the Flames. I'd never thought I'd complain about this but it's ridiculous. Also before the season started the GM said I would be sent back down to the Ice Dogs and better luck making the team next year, yet I was starting opening night.

I didnt post a win in the pre-season, my regular season numbers havent been good and yet they keep me up. I know Kipper is gone but **** I'm 70 overall, Im not an NHL ready goalie.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:29 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
How are you guys getting demoted, honestly please let me know. I've been trying to get demoted for about 3 weeks into the season and I cant. Im a 70 overall goalie but somehow the starter for the Flames. I want to go back to the Ice Dogs for another year just to get a better overall and everything but they wont send me down!!!

I've played like absolute ****, I've requested to be traded multiple times and nothing! After I request to be traded the GM says "Enjoy your demotion", and it appears if I get sent down... but not really. After a couple days of simming Im back up with the Flames. I'd never thought I'd complain about this but it's ridiculous. Also before the season started the GM said I would be sent back down to the Ice Dogs and better luck making the team next year, yet I was starting opening night.

I didnt post a win in the pre-season, my regular season numbers havent been good and yet they keep me up. I know Kipper is gone but **** I'm 70 overall, Im not an NHL ready goalie.
In my be a pro, Frazee is the starter for NJ...he's a 73 overall so its not that unrealistic...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:

Ask for an ass ton of trades.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:01 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:

I'm playing for San Jose and I'm a 68 overall. Although I'm not starting because, well, I suck and we still have Niemi. I'm only 19 in game but hey I've got a long career to go. Just imagine that you're Olaf Kolzig playing for Team Germany, trying to win gold, and things will make sense. Maybe.
Also, playing as a stand-up goalie just feels "right" to me. I think the stand-up goalie is the only one to do kick (half-butterfly) saves, but I either could be imagining this or that all goalie types do this.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:

This is obviously a bug in the goalie be a pro mode. In pre season they tell you that you are being sent down but they never actually send you down.

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
VerySuperFamous

Anyone know why my stats all went down majorly?

17 year old Defenseman 2014 draft eligible.

In the season my stats are 89 overall with high passing/shooting.
Than I go to the draft and I'm 75 overall.

VerySuperFamous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
In my be a pro, Frazee is the starter for NJ...he's a 73 overall so its not that unrealistic...
Well that's because no matter what after Brodeur and Hedberg retire the AI does not go out to get a starting goalie. Happens every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Ask for an ass ton of trades.
Oh I have, I get sent down for about 2 days then Im back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I'm playing for San Jose and I'm a 68 overall. Although I'm not starting because, well, I suck and we still have Niemi. I'm only 19 in game but hey I've got a long career to go. Just imagine that you're Olaf Kolzig playing for Team Germany, trying to win gold, and things will make sense. Maybe.
Also, playing as a stand-up goalie just feels "right" to me. I think the stand-up goalie is the only one to do kick (half-butterfly) saves, but I either could be imagining this or that all goalie types do this.
Aha but at least you're not starting, which could be somewhat realistic if the Sharks are that hard-pressed for a backup. It's just annoying because I wanted to be back in the minors to get a better overall before going to the NHL. Plus we missed the playoffs last season so I wanted to make up for that. And Im pretty sure I've made those kick saves before and Im a hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
This is obviously a bug in the goalie be a pro mode. In pre season they tell you that you are being sent down but they never actually send you down.
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me. It's actually very annoying for some reason.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Visnovsky

I've been playing for 20 games now as a sniper (6.3ft, 225 pounds), and I lead the NHL:

20, 19+15=34. It's been fun, I was drafted 1 overall to Edmonton, I played the first 15 games with Smyth and RNH, had insane chemistry with them, now I play with Hall and Eberle, and can't get anything done with them...

Visnovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

has anyone won the Selke yet?

I lead the lead in takeaways by a wide margin, and have the highest +/- in the league, yet Im in 7th place for the Selke right now...

Im not sure what else i can do

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

I lead the lead in takeaways by a wide margin, and have the highest +/- in the league, yet Im in 7th place for the Selke right now...

Faceoff %? Giveaways?

Came in second to none other than datsyuk, but I feel like those things influenced it quite a bit.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

So started a new Be A Pro goalie with the Silvertips, this time as a 16 year old so I can get at least 2 years in the CHL. We started off pretty good but all of a sudden we hit a losing streak. I thought maybe I've started to play bad, as I wasnt really paying attention to the scores too much just the win/loss record. I looked back to the last 5 games, suddenly I dont think it was my play at all to why we've been losing... In the last 5 games we've been shutout 3 times and in the other 2 games we've scored 1 goal both times So basically Im expected to pitch a shutout every night or we wont win...

Ughhh the struggles of an EA sports game

Old
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
Faceoff %? Giveaways?

Came in second to none other than datsyuk, but I feel like those things influenced it quite a bit.
Doesnt help that I am a RW haha

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:51 PM
eRazor89
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

Hey.

Just entering the second season of my career. I'm a 6,3 190 centre got drafted by NJ first overall, made it to the cup finals to lose in 5 games to DET. Won the art, hart, rocket, Calder and the selke. My pro is 90 over all and I'm plating on all-star. Enjoying it a lot.

eRazor89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
Newbie newb question here, haven't played a hockey console since like 2002.

When I start a BAP, it gives me some random player name without an option to change it. What do I got to do so I'm not Pascal Mischenko, and instead any name I want?

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:15 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Newbie newb question here, haven't played a hockey console since like 2002.

When I start a BAP, it gives me some random player name without an option to change it. What do I got to do so I'm not Pascal Mischenko, and instead any name I want?
Game Modes-> Be A Pro Mode-> Edit Pro

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
*nevermind.

Last edited by Cynical TyranT: 11-03-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: figured it out.
Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
PookDo

Why is it that you can win the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup but your team never wins the President or Jennings Trophies on BAP?

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
PookDo

If you request a trade do you have the option of declining if you don't want to go to that team?

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Dylonus

Oh man, BAP is so broken, especially for goalies...

I started off as a 16-year-old with Sarnia. Even though I had great numbers and started 2/3 of the season at 16, I was demoted as the back-up for the playoffs; where we got swept.

17-year-old; same thing. This time, I started 60 games with similar stats; get demoted as back-up.

Then, I GET DRAFTED #1 OVERALL! The Jets select me and bring me to the NHL. Somehow, after 30 NHL games, they send me down to JUNIORS? I thought that was not possible after 10 games?

I go to Sarnia and play... only 5 games of their second half of the season. Why was I sent there to not even play? I was a 78 overall and the #1 pick in the draft?

At 19, I stay in the NHL all year. I record 5 shutouts, split games with Pavelec, and help Winnipeg to the playoffs... where I don't even play Best part? I was a finalist for the Calder Trophy

At 20, I'm now up to an 86 overall! After 40 games into the season (I have 9 wins in 20 appearances)... THEY PUT ME ON WAIVERS!?

During my first 50 NHL games, I managed to have about an even win-loss record with about 7 shutouts on a team that had been the worst team, then between myself and Pavelec; made the playoffs. The year after I'm a full-time NHL goalie at 19 and almost win the "rookie of the year" trophy; I'm waived. Not traded, not given more time; WAIVED!

Who in their right mind gives up on a 20-year-old goalie, who has pretty good stats and was the #1 overall pick? How broken is BAP?

My PWF pro is entering his third year (89 overall) and has back-to-back 100 goal seasons, and only 21. You know that it tells me that every time I requested a trade, I get told that I have no market value?

Are you ****ing serious, EA? Talk about a broken game mode

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Benzy19

Started a Be A Pro as a 17 year old RW sniper, played with Ottawa 67's where I lead the league in both goals and points(simulating 3/4 of the year), we were the best team in the league but got beat out in the 3rd round.

Throughout the year I would check on the NHL standings to see what team was gonna be in the bottom 5, hoping for Ottawa(which came 3rd last) and I kept seeing the Ducks trading away players for picks, then they traded away Corey Perry(RW) so I knew that they were going to draft me. And what do you know, the ****ing Anaheim Ducks draft me 1st overall(I'm a Sens fan so this pissed me off) though about asking for a trade but I think I will play one year for them as they kept me up after a pretty bad preseason and after 9 games they moved me up to the 2nd line even though I had only 4 points(1G-3A) and was a minus 6.

My pro is 74 overall and sadly I am the best right winger on the Ducks roster... We are 2-5-2 because Hiller can't save a beach ball and only me, Getzlaf, Ryan and Fowler can create offense.

Benzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote