HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Patchey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
100+goals, 50 some assists, ranked 71 overall, won the memorial cup, where do i get drafted?

2nd round.

Go **** yourselves EA.
Last year I lead the entire WHL in points and goals by a large margin. Drafted last overall

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:33 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Injured three times in the past 6 weeks or so of the season. each lasting about 10-15 days. Obviously, this playing the third period and then simming 3 games isn't working out for me health wise.
Broken nose, coulda played.
Strained hamstring, fine i'll rest.
Bruised hand. Really? I have to sit out because of this?
Edit: Still haven't played a game in the AHL.

Last edited by SaNcAlandariel: 09-20-2012 at 09:29 PM.
SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:27 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semin View Post
Let me know how it goes! good luck!
Haha only got about 12 games through. Other things came up last night and then I had to update, my game froze for the first time and simming through that summer was painful.

Sarnia sucks this year I miss Connor Murphy on the point, he'd always put my faceoff wins in the back of the net. Plus our goalie blows. But I'm the champ as usual.

I think I saw someone else mention this, what's with the weird sophmore goals? Last year they wanted like 32 goals, this year they want like 25... everything is way less.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:41 AM
SaNcAlandariel

I probably should play more than just the 3rd period, every 5th game. My 17 or so points in 47 games* isn't good enough for my standards while playing on superstar. Anyway in my rookie season, the San Jose Sharks are 5th* in the Western Conference and the trade deadline is only a handful of days away.
* I'll update with the real numbers instead of estimations when I get home.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I probably should play more than just the 3rd period, every 5th game. My 17 or so points in 47 games* isn't good enough for my standards while playing on superstar. Anyway in my rookie season, the San Jose Sharks are 5th* in the Western Conference and the trade deadline is only a handful of days away.
* I'll update with the real numbers instead of estimations when I get home.
I figure I should be good doing that sim on rookie. I usually like to play the first few games in a row and get those points up a bit before simming at all. I remember last week when I was playing 13, I would only get a point or two every game since I was so new to the PS3 controls and I thought maybe the game was just more balanced even on rookie. A week later and I had an 11 point game yesterday night.

Forever on rookie or maybe the one above it, myself... I don't play video games to challenge myself and make myself **** my pants in anger trying to win. I play video games to relax but I understand why people want to challenge themselves. Video games have never been about that for me.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I figure I should be good doing that sim on rookie. I usually like to play the first few games in a row and get those points up a bit before simming at all. I remember last week when I was playing 13, I would only get a point or two every game since I was so new to the PS3 controls and I thought maybe the game was just more balanced even on rookie. A week later and I had an 11 point game yesterday night.

Forever on rookie or maybe the one above it, myself... I don't play video games to challenge myself and make myself **** my pants in anger trying to win. I play video games to relax but I understand why people want to challenge themselves. Video games have never been about that for me.
I'm still playing it to relax, even on superstar. I just didn't want my 71 overall center to dominate the league, it just wasn't realistic.
I don't understand the people that take video games so seriously either. Although having a game save on rookie sounds appealing to me now.
Edit: I'm referring to the serious gamers as those who treat EASHL club as life and stats as a person's worth. All I'm concerned about is that I get my money's worth and hopefully more out of a video game.

Old
09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Playing as a 16 year old German LW sniper for Kelowna. Only played about 15 games so far [play every 3rd period] and I'm up to about 30 points. Finally got the bump to the top line. Is it because I'm in juniors that my teammates can't score when I set them up with ridiculously good chances?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
Playing as a 16 year old German LW sniper for Kelowna. Only played about 15 games so far [play every 3rd period] and I'm up to about 30 points. Finally got the bump to the top line. Is it because I'm in juniors that my teammates can't score when I set them up with ridiculously good chances?
No, It's because they don't speak German. Joking.
I would guess that because they don't have high overalls, they aren't going to be able to do much. What place is your team in?
Edit: I really need to stop posting every other post.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:09 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
I'm still playing it to relax, even on superstar. I just didn't want my 71 overall center to dominate the league, it just wasn't realistic.
I don't understand the people that take video games so seriously either. Although having a game save on rookie sounds appealing to me now.
Edit: I'm referring to the serious gamers as those who treat EASHL club as life and stats as a person's worth. All I'm concerned about is that I get my money's worth and hopefully more out of a video game.
Ah yeah okay, if you can play on Superstar with no trouble then it's all good. Yeah, I just always get confused when people are so mad that a game isn't difficult as hell or why they'd want to play a game that hard. Although, certain people look at games as a challenge they want to be able to complete, I just use games to unwind and get out of reality for a bit.

I'm not sure how much I will actually use the online modes. Maybe I'll play a few games with some buddies that use it online but I don't see myself getting into the online leagues.

I understand the wanting a more realistic looking scores but I always just sort of say to myself "maybe I'm just the next Gretzky."

Old
09-21-2012, 01:21 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Ah yeah okay, if you can play on Superstar with no trouble then it's all good. Yeah, I just always get confused when people are so mad that a game isn't difficult as hell or why they'd want to play a game that hard. Although, certain people look at games as a challenge they want to be able to complete, I just use games to unwind and get out of reality for a bit.

I'm not sure how much I will actually use the online modes. Maybe I'll play a few games with some buddies that use it online but I don't see myself getting into the online leagues.

I understand the wanting a more realistic looking scores but I always just sort of say to myself "maybe I'm just the next Gretzky."
I used to play in the online 6v6 leagues, they're alright but I just don't feel like committing the time to them anymore. I'm tempted to join that casual club a few threads below.
Back on topic (Sort of), I might turn down the difficulty to all-star so that I can score a bit more. Although the difficulties don't seem to affect the game much to me, I'm not sure if it's just me or if the difficulty doesn't change the game at all in Be-A-Pro.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
No, It's because they don't speak German. Joking.
I would guess that because they don't have high overalls, they aren't going to be able to do much. What place is your team in?
That's kind of what I figured, but it's a little frustrating to have 19 goals and 11 assists since no one else on my team seems to finish very well.

Not sure what place we're in. We had a 7-2-1 streak and now we're on a 6-3-1 streak. Not sure how much overlap though.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Semin

Quote:
Haha only got about 12 games through. Other things came up last night and then I had to update, my game froze for the first time and simming through that summer was painful.

Sarnia sucks this year I miss Connor Murphy on the point, he'd always put my faceoff wins in the back of the net. Plus our goalie blows. But I'm the champ as usual.

I think I saw someone else mention this, what's with the weird sophmore goals? Last year they wanted like 32 goals, this year they want like 25... everything is way less.
My NHL career has been less than stellar. Got drafted by Dallas I thought "oh cool Jamie Benn, Eriksson, Lehtonen" Thought they would be solid. Lehtonen went to Bruins, Benn got traded to the canucks. Now I'm left being centered by TJ Hensick/Peter Regin (who only lasts like 3 games before hes injured for 6 weeks)

I have Jack Campbell though who went from a 78 to an 84. Hes pretty solid at times.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
i have this problem too

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsokwehavkrueger View Post
i have this problem too
Count me in for this problem too. Yet I have Eriksson on Dallas and he flubs so many shots. Goligoski as well on Dallas, hes an offensive midned D-man yet he cant hit a one time for the life of him

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM
JaeTM

So I'm leading the league in points with 51. The next closest is like 35. We have a sick comeback against the Senators. Game tying and game winning goal with less than a minute left. I sim the next game against the Lightning and lose with no points. I get sent down to the AHL the next day...WTF? I was on the first line too. No getting sent back down to the 2nd or 3rd line or anything, just right to the AHL.

Any idea how long I have to be here before getting sent back up or how well I have to do?

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

"Expected to go in the first round." One thing that always pissed me off about Slapshot is that I'd play 2-3 seasons in the CHL and obliterate records yet still only get drafted as high as 8th overall... I hope I can become a top 3 pick by the end of this season.

I have 84 points in about 20 games I think. More tomorrow

Old
09-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Canadiankid

Unrest in K-Town?

Rumors have surfaced that Ryan Beauchamp, a Power Forward playing Left Wing, isn't too happy with the Frontenacs' coaching staff.

He has only played 1 game though, and he had 3 points but his ice total was only 12 mins. The word is that he wants more ice time, in which the Frontenacs aren't willing to give him at this time.

Playing against the Barrie Colts, Ryan had 2 goals, 1 assists but was a -4 at the end of the night, with the Colts winning the goal fest, 15-9. It appears the coaching staff would like Ryan to improve his defensive game before they promote him to the top line.

Kingston doesn't play until next Friday night (at the K-Rock Centre) against the Erie Otters.

Canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semin View Post
My NHL career has been less than stellar. Got drafted by Dallas I thought "oh cool Jamie Benn, Eriksson, Lehtonen" Thought they would be solid. Lehtonen went to Bruins, Benn got traded to the canucks. Now I'm left being centered by TJ Hensick/Peter Regin (who only lasts like 3 games before hes injured for 6 weeks)

I have Jack Campbell though who went from a 78 to an 84. Hes pretty solid at times.
At least it's realistic then...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Name: Otto Karttunen
Position: Left Wing
Number: 13
Handedness: Left
Team: Philadelphia Flyers (Drafted 1st Overall from Windsor Spitfires)
Player Type: Sniper
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 178lbs
Difficulty: All-Star

Created myself in Be A Pro, started at the Memorial Cup because i'm a 1994 born, it didn't let me play the whole season. We won the Memorial Cup in OT against Saint John Sea Dogs. I had 7 goals and 3 assists in the 4 memorial cup games. Hoping now to make the Philadelphia Flyers team so i can play alongside Claude Giroux

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
MapleLeafs9
"There will be pain"

vCash: 100
Quote:
That's the whole point of Be A Pro though IMO. You play it to become the next superstar or legend and dominate, not to become an average 2nd-3rd liner with 40-60 points a year. That's why they have all those achievements/trophies like "Score 8 points a game", "Score 5 goals 5 different ways", "Win the Art Ross trophy" etc.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Simulating the first season i.e QMJHL doesn't affect you does it? Don't want to have to play all those games.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Dustin Peener

vCash: 2085
It has become apparent that EA don't actually check be a pro past the menus. The thing where you come on and all the players just stand there waiting for you to take the puck happens about 5 times a game, and the coach always takes you off when there is a whistle even if you just literally came on

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:12 AM
PookDo

So if you get sent to the AHL and kick ass how long before you're brought back to the NHL?

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:21 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
It has become apparent that EA don't actually check be a pro past the menus. The thing where you come on and all the players just stand there waiting for you to take the puck happens about 5 times a game, and the coach always takes you off when there is a whistle even if you just literally came on
^This is all so frustrating. More than once I have caught myself standing around with the others thinking there was a whistle so I just hang by the bench waiting to go back in!! Then on a line change you come on with puck in your defensive end your team automatically gets scored on the second you step on the ice (holy bad line change) happens at least once a game. This happens when I sim to next shift.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:14 PM
PookDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Got confused by that myself at first. More often than not I get the puck and end up scoring a goal

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote