HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems)

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
My first pack gave me Spurgeon, Stoner and Veilleux from the Wild. Also, in my starter pack, I got RNH, Brouwer, Fedotenko, Moss, Pouliot, Frattin, Ashton and another LD that I'm forgetting.

Also, the NHL 13 companion app is pretty cool.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Falco5

vCash: 500
Forgot to mention this earlier but in my starter pack I got 3 sharks who are no longer on the team (Winnik, White, Winchester). LOL

I would avoid buying packs for now. I used all of my bonus pucks from nhl 12 and got mostly contracts and healing cards. All 6 of the rares I received were contract or healing cards, all of which are basically worthless since contracts don't give you an advantage anymore and healing cards just plain suck.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Don't use pucks on packs. Just don't. I just got done wasting 30,000 pucks on 4 gold premium packs, and got 5 good players, the best being Ruutu at 85 overall. I could've gotten 7-10 solid NHLers with 30,000 pucks on the market. I was hoping that NHL 13 would be different but it's not. Just about every rare that I get out of packs are either a jersey, a training card which is worthless, a healing card, which I have about a million of, or a change team card which doesn't really help me right now because I'm not really going for chemistry right now. Again, don't make my mistake. Use the market.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Don't use pucks on packs. Just don't. I just got done wasting 30,000 pucks on 4 gold premium packs, and got 5 good players, the best being Ruutu at 85 overall. I could've gotten 7-10 solid NHLers with 30,000 pucks on the market. I was hoping that NHL 13 would be different but it's not. Just about every rare that I get out of packs are either a jersey, a training card which is worthless, a healing card, which I have about a million of, or a change team card which doesn't really help me right now because I'm not really going for chemistry right now. Again, don't make my mistake. Use the market.
This. In HUT 11 I always opened packs and got decent stuff, but not anything great.

In HUT 12 I really stopped blowing tons of pucks on packs and instead of wasting 90k on packs, I bought a Crosby (who I always wanted to use). I did get lucky twice and pulled an ASG Malkin and Gretzky though, but that was over a 9 month span.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Kbs

My starter pack could've been better. I picked the Leafs and got Komisarek, Franson and Ashton, but I did get Bertuzzi in the starter pack who is playing well for me. Luckily, it seems like other people have gotten similar starter packs based on who I've played against so far A lot of people seem to have gotten their teams bottom-pairing defensemen.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
epinephrine

I got Filatov, Auld, and Konopka.

I am happy with all 3 except Auld has been replaced with a R.Miller card I got in my first pack I got with my pucks transferred over.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
hockeyarena

Agree that pucks are generally wasted on packs, but I'm definately the type of guy that likes building his team through packs. Sure I could buy all my favourite players on the market, but there's really no excitement in that.

My 3 Jets were Miettinen, Mason, and Flood...Got a Jiri Hudler in my starter...89 speed not too shabby. Wish Gamestop/EA would get it's act together so we could get our gold packs.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Falkrik

Has anyone gotten their season ticket pack yet? Mine still isnt showing up....

Old
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:

I'd qualify this by saying don't waste on regular priced packs. Assuming they have weekly Jumbo sales for 2500 again, they're typically worth it. Wait for the sales and you'll be in good shape.

Market is a little overpriced too at the moment, but should even out.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I wont be trying to get any collections whatsoever this year. Its pointless. Sell everything i get except for the absolute best players.

No Salary Cap
No Career
No Team ratings at lineup screen
Cant see the other teams lineup

EA has removed any and all sense of team management and consequences from HUT. Before, your team either had to be cap compliant or you couldn't boost everyone too high because nobody wants to play a 96 or higher team. Now i can just acquire every superstar player that i want and have them forever. I can literally have...

Ovechkin-Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews-Sharp
Kurri-Gretzky-Stamkos
Giroux-Lemieux-Kovalchuk

Suter-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Chara-Doughty

Hasek
Rinne

...and when i have this lineup i can have them for an unlimited amount of games. This game mode is going to get boring real, REAL fast IMHO

Old
09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
hockeyarena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I wont be trying to get any collections whatsoever this year. Its pointless. Sell everything i get except for the absolute best players.

No Salary Cap
No Career

EA has removed any and all sense of team management and consequences from HUT. Before, your team either had to be cap compliant or you couldn't boost everyone too high because nobody wants to play a 96 or higher team. Now i can just acquire every superstar player that i want and have them forever. I can literally have...

Ovechkin-Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews-Sharp
Kurri-Gretzky-Stamkos
Giroux-Lemieux-Kovalchuk

Suter-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Chara-Doughty

Hasek
Rinne

...and when i have this lineup i can have them for an unlimited amount of games. This game mode is going to get boring real, REAL fast IMHO
I can only assume that they made those star players SO difficult to acquire that if you've gotten a team like that you've given them a TON of money which is what they want.

Personally i think the harder it is to get those guys the better, i hated being able to go on the market and buy a 92 overall burmistrov with full career for 800 pucks...took the fun out of it.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Dylonus

Apparently consumables are now worthless.... :facepalm;

Old
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Agree that pucks are generally wasted on packs, but I'm definately the type of guy that likes building his team through packs. Sure I could buy all my favourite players on the market, but there's really no excitement in that.

My 3 Jets were Miettinen, Mason, and Flood...Got a Jiri Hudler in my starter...89 speed not too shabby. Wish Gamestop/EA would get it's act together so we could get our gold packs.
Pretty much how I feel about packs. It doesn't help that the HUT market is terrible and everyone is trying to sell players for twice their value. I bought the 5000 puck pack yesterday and I got Kassian but the rest was junk.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Man I wish there was just a pack for players only. Something like 3 rare players for 5,000 pucks seems fair. So frustrating getting injury cards as a rare. Although I did get an "Any injury 4" healing card which I thought was cool. I browsed the market looking for another one and I didn't see one, so I assume they're pretty rare. Won't get anything out of it though because you can buy 4 healing cards for 200 pucks and your guy is healed.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
Anyone else having trouble redeeming the pre-order code? It says mine isn't valid or has been used already -.-

Old
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Joey Moss

Anyone interested in Garrison, Smid, Faulk, Stepan, O'Reilly, or Brassard? For xbox 360.. team name is Hremers

Old
09-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Sounds like there's a ton of problems so I guess I'm not missing a ton by not being able to play online right now. I have to wait until my college enters my MAC Address before I'm able to access any online features. Can't access HUT or even download a damn roster update right now.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Man I wish there was just a pack for players only. Something like 3 rare players for 5,000 pucks seems fair. So frustrating getting injury cards as a rare. Although I did get an "Any injury 4" healing card which I thought was cool. I browsed the market looking for another one and I didn't see one, so I assume they're pretty rare. Won't get anything out of it though because you can buy 4 healing cards for 200 pucks and your guy is healed.
I agree, finally got enough pucks for a pack and got a rare injury card

Old
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
MLew10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
My starter pack could've been better. I picked the Leafs and got Komisarek, Franson and Ashton, but I did get Bertuzzi in the starter pack who is playing well for me. Luckily, it seems like other people have gotten similar starter packs based on who I've played against so far A lot of people seem to have gotten their teams bottom-pairing defensemen.
From the Oilers I got Smid, Peckham, Petrell, and Hemsky (not bad). I also got Richard Park, Joe Vitale, Ashton, Ryan White, Biz Nasty, Henrik Karlsson (not bad for the starter pack)

Old
09-12-2012, 06:44 PM
hockeyr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

No Salary Cap
No Career

Ovechkin-Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews-Sharp
Kurri-Gretzky-Stamkos
Giroux-Lemieux-Kovalchuk

Suter-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Chara-Doughty

Hasek
Rinne

Well it might be fun actually getting that team, no? Should take you quite some time I would think.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Anyone having issues getting their gamestop preorder promo code accepted? It's been rejected for the past 24 hours for me.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:33 PM
CanucksCupHopes*

IMHO, I think HUT is a useless mode I really get bored of it pretty fast I think it sucks.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
FLYguy3911

Is it possible to bypass those annoying menu screens? I hit triangle every time to disable it and not show it again, but sure enough it pops up again.

Nice to know I got two Jared Cowen's in my reward packs. Would be nice to sell one.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksCupHopes View Post
IMHO, I think HUT is a useless mode I really get bored of it pretty fast I think it sucks.
I know it's your opinion but you must have a short attention span.

I think it takes way longer than Be a GM or EASHL to get boring. Especially the last 2 years, where you had to constantly manage your team and come up with new/cool lineups and training. It's the only mode (besides gm connected....maybe. If you have active GMs) that I think doesn't suck actually.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

So are all the single player tournaments composed of the same 16 teams every time?

EA Sports should change their slogan to one step forward, two steps back.

Closed Thread