HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Is any chance for 2K return with hockey on consoles?

Old
06-10-2015, 07:56 AM
begbeee

vCash: 500
Is any chance for 2K return with hockey on consoles?

Discuss.

They have huge success with NBA 2K15 which is probably the best sports simulation out there last year (along with PES 2015 from Konami) and they brought Android version of hockey recently.

Would they have a chance to stand up against EA with their comeback?

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2015, 11:47 AM
BostonCreamPaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Discuss.

They have huge success with NBA 2K15 which is probably the best sports simulation out there last year (along with PES 2015 from Konami) and they brought Android version of hockey recently.

Would they have a chance to stand up against EA with their comeback?
They could probably start production on an NHL 2k16 right now and still make a better game then NHL 16 would be. I loved NHL 2k8 and 2k10. Really wish they would get back in but who knows

BostonCreamPaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Quiet Riot

Wish they would; if ea had some competition, they might actually try to make a good game. There are so many issues with every aspect of the game that they obviously don't give a *****. Especially on the new console, like penalty shots going down for the visitor. How do you miss that? Or if you draw a penalty shot on an empty net, the goalie goes back in. The gm mode has more issues than I can count, but never fear, they will have playoff beards next year!

Quiet Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Don't believe they will. They've dropped the NHL and MLB games because they didn't sell well, the license to make them was expensive, and production costs exceed what they make back in sales.

Their bread and butter is in NBA games, and unfortunately, that seems to be the only sport they'll put any resources in, for obvious reasons (it sells).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2015, 01:34 PM
AngryBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Don't believe they will. They've dropped the NHL and MLB games because they didn't sell well, the license to make them was expensive, and production costs exceed what they make back in sales.

Their bread and butter is in NBA games, and unfortunately, that seems to be the only sport they'll put any resources in, for obvious reasons (it sells).
Agreed.
Unless the license gets cheaper to purchase, I don't see 2K getting back on the ice.

There's simply not enough money for two hockey games anymore - hence why EA spends so little on their game and pours all their time and resources on HUT, EASHL or OTP.
Gameplay gets treated like a redheaded stepchild locked in the closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonCreamPaille View Post
They could probably start production on an NHL 2k16 right now and still make a better game then NHL 16 would be. I loved NHL 2k8 and 2k10. Really wish they would get back in but who knows
NHL2K10 was very underrated.
Visual Concepts did a great job taking over on such short notice. I can only imagine how great the game would be by now if they were allowed to continue producing that game.

AngryBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

I think they could, but not anytime soon.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2015, 12:11 AM
begbeee

Honestly, if there is a time, itīs now. About 5 years ago they published their last hockey and since then, EA pushes gameplay (AI) nowhere, EA even rip off the usual stuff (gamemodes).
Generally speaking customers are greedy about good hockey and tired from EA. New NHL 2K doesnt even need to be perfect, just the promise how it could be in the near future and Iīm sure their sales would be great.
Itīs more than 10 years and the EA couldnt get the job done. Graphics, and flashy animations is not everything. As far as you your gamplay is almost perfect and balanced (between simulation and fun-itīs still a videogame), I donīt need much more. Go and ask Konami, their PES 2015 need not have all of the licenses, trillion game modes, since their gameplay on the pitch tears apart FIFA15 gameplay.

Old
06-11-2015, 12:20 AM
ZoneEntry67
Frozen Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Honestly, if there is a time, itīs now. About 5 years ago they published their last hockey and since then, EA pushes gameplay (AI) nowhere, EA even rip off the usual stuff (gamemodes).
Generally speaking customers are greedy about good hockey and tired from EA. New NHL 2K doesnt even need to be perfect, just the promise how it could be in the near future and Iīm sure their sales would be great.
Itīs more than 10 years and the EA couldnt get the job done. Graphics, and flashy animations is not everything. As far as you your gamplay is almost perfect and balanced (between simulation and fun-itīs still a videogame), I donīt need much more. Go and ask Konami, their PES 2015 need not have all of the licenses, trillion game modes, since their gameplay on the pitch tears apart FIFA15 gameplay.
Makes one wonder how insane an NHL game would be if EA Sports and 2K decided to actually work together on one...

My only gripe at this point besides the gameplay is that with Create-A-Team, you can't make a 3rd or 4th (alternate, basically) jersey. And because I personally like graphics as much as gameplay, I'm bothered by the crowds not wearing the jerseys you designed whenever you play as your custom team.

And for FFS, they really need to get an IIHF license. For the current game or start a separate series focused solely on the national teams.

ZoneEntry67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2015, 12:39 AM
Domrie
go crazy

Off topic but PES has overtaken Fifa in terms of gameplay? I was always a PES guy on PS2 but heard it wasn't that great on PS3. The last 3 soccer titles I played was Fifa 14, PES 2010, and PS2-PES titles.

For old-gen, people were saying PES was no match for Fifa. Now they've overtaken them?

Domrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2015, 01:15 AM
begbeee

Yes it seems so.
FIFA 15 is based mostly on speed & sprint, their goalies are beyond dumb. The goals outside of 16m square are rare (counter to real football).
PES 2015 has really great AI. When you try to lob goalie he actually jump in try to stop the ball. You wonīt see that in FiFA ever.
In PES if your defender on the left side gets yellow card, bet your salary that AI will push attacks to his side.
If your middle defenders are small and slow be sure that AI would land there their tallest and fastest attacker.
In FIFA you can sprint from goal to goal. In PES you actually care about stamina. If you sprint for every ball be sure that your players will be demolished in second half with great probability of injury.
What I like, in PES actually you depend on your biggest star - usually playmaking midfielder, he makes all the differences during match. In FIFA itīs more generic.
FIFA is fun and all, but PES is for true fans and itīs true football.
PES 15 brought Konami back on track.

Last edited by begbeee: 06-11-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old
06-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

It'd be nice to have 2k back, most of EA's "innovations" are things 2k had 10 years ago. Franchise mode was deeper in 2k3 than it is in NHL 15.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2015, 09:08 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Their GM modes were awesome. The gameplay on next-gen was meh, but I loved the GM mode. If they released a CPU and mobile app of just GM mode, I'd get it.

06-18-2015, 10:40 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I had 2K3 maybe? With Roenick on the front
and I had 2K7...

And going off memory, they were both better than EA Sports

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2015, 11:07 AM
ds3456
Rookie User

The gameplay and graphics where sub-par but arena animations and franchise modes absolutely blow EA's out of the water even on current gen. Wish 2K would throw a ton of money into it to try and compete with EA. At least back in 2009-2010 EA needed to compete with 2K and put out a little bit better of a product.

ds3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2015, 02:38 PM
PhilliesPride35

I'm still waiting for a baseball game to come back onto XB1.. and i doubt that will happen. Which is very unfortunate. I really wanted The Show but damn PS4 exclusive. So the fact that EA mails it in every year is frustrating because they are my two favorite sports.

PhilliesPride35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPride35 View Post
I'm still waiting for a baseball game to come back onto XB1.. and i doubt that will happen. Which is very unfortunate. I really wanted The Show but damn PS4 exclusive. So the fact that EA mails it in every year is frustrating because they are my two favorite sports.
Yep, same here. It's been a while since we've had a good baseball game on Xbox.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote