HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Winnipeg

Old
01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Chicago-Winnipeg

Bryan Little

Nick Leddy
Brandon Pirri

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:17 PM
johnunit

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to johnunit
Maybe thrown in a 3rd rounder or something to Chicago.

johnunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
sully1410

I kind of like this deal actually...

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I kind of like this deal actually...
Of course you do.

You trade a pretty respectable forward for a center with top-six potential to possible replace Little and get a promising, young, and puck-moving defenseman, too.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Hawkaholic

I'm sold on this.
Good offer CSOI84

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Interesting. Ive heard from the Illegal Curve guys in Winnipeg who think Little may not be in Winnipeg's long term plans as a fit for our organizational philosophy and coaching system. Leddy is impressive, but I think we are looking for more of a smooth skating, shut down minutes defender. Bogosian and Byfuglien both have the ability to carry the offence on their pairs, and I doubt Leddy would replace Enstrom on the #1 PP.

That said I don't have a clue about the prospect coming our way.

Hjalmarsson would seem to be a better fit for us I think?

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
alpine4life

pretty good proposal, most likely the Jets would have to add a 3/4th pick but besides that fair enough

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
lakai17

that is a legit proposal.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
almostawake

Would make the Jets even thinner down the middle but the value is just too good to turn it down. Little surprised Chicago fans seem to be on board with it though.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
There are a lot of hockey (not value) questions that would need to be answered on the Jets side for it to work for Winnipeg I would imagine.

I.E.

Where does Leddy fit? As it currently stands the top 4 is Enstrom, Buff, Hainsey, and Bogo (when healthy). Leddy is not going to be brought in to play on the bottom pair. He isn't a natural replacement for Hainsey, as the Hainsey / Bogo pair takes more defensive zone draws and gets the tougher assignments. And Leddy is not going to replace Enstrom or Buff offensively.

How ready are Postma and Redmond? Are the Jets going to give up assets for a PMD before seeing what Postma can do? Leddy is better than Postma right now, just questioning if the Jets would spend the assets before even seeing Postma in the NHL.

If Hasiney is not going to be resigned, is Leddy the type of D man that the team would look to replace him with? I would think the team would be looking for more of a defensive d man myself.

Is Little really trade-able with Jokinen only on a 2 year deal, and only Burmistrov and Scheifele in the wings?

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Is Little really trade-able with Jokinen only on a 2 year deal, and only Burmistrov and Scheifele in the wings?
Geez, you'd think with a decent 2C signed for 2 years and 2 NHL calibre centre prospects, one of which is blue chip, that it doesn't seem like a hard question to answer.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Not sure, I'm just not impressed with Pirri. Plus if we're trading Little as a means to get bigger, Pirri isn't exactly the answer.

Maybe Mark McNeill instead of Pirri?

Also, I think Little is solid for our future plans. Great versatility. I think his future with us will be as our 2nd RW. While also being able to slide in at C when the team has injuries.

Value is there...I'm just not sure Leddy and Pirri are exactly the right pieces we're looking for.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Geez, you'd think with a decent 2C signed for 2 years and 2 NHL calibre centre prospects, one of which is blue chip, that it doesn't seem like a hard question to answer.
Neither Burmistrov nor Scheifele are ready to be the #2C this year. Burmistrov is most likely going to start on the 3rd line with Ponikerovski and Antropov.

Is there a guarantee that either of them are ready to be the #2C next year? What happens if they can't handle the role?

One of them might be able to be the #2C next year, but my question is, does it make sense to take that chance by trading away Little (a player in one of the teams current weak area - top 6 forwards), to get a player back that while good, doesn't necessarily address an immediate need?

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Flair Hay

Little was our de facto #1 C last year. And at minimum our #2C this year. Trading him for a young defenseman that fits our system and a prospect with potential to replace him would be a wise move. But Leddy would just end up in the same place here as he would in Chicago...third pair and second PP.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Would make the Jets even thinner down the middle but the value is just too good to turn it down. Little surprised Chicago fans seem to be on board with it though.
I'm not. Leddy is a keeper.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
almostawake

Quote:
There are a lot of hockey (not value) questions that would need to be answered on the Jets side for it to work for Winnipeg I would imagine.

I.E.

Where does Leddy fit? As it currently stands the top 4 is Enstrom, Buff, Hainsey, and Bogo (when healthy). Leddy is not going to be brought in to play on the bottom pair. He isn't a natural replacement for Hainsey, as the Hainsey / Bogo pair takes more defensive zone draws and gets the tougher assignments. And Leddy is not going to replace Enstrom or Buff offensively.
To me this is an issue but it is a short term one. In the long run Leddy has the potential to be an above average in his own zone. He's never going to be the guy you want clearing the front of the net but his skating and hockey sense are more than enough to make up for that.

As far as matchups go, let Claude figure that out. It's not like it's written in stone that the team needs to have that kind of pairing, or that a Hainsey-Stuart pairing wouldn't be able to eat at least a portion of those hard minutes.

Quote:
How ready are Postma and Redmond? Are the Jets going to give up assets for a PMD before seeing what Postma can do? Leddy is better than Postma right now, just questioning if the Jets would spend the assets before even seeing Postma in the NHL.
With all due respect to Postma and Redmond they're both more than 2 years older than Leddy and have a grand total of 4 NHL games between them. Maybe they'll prove themselves as decent bottom pairing guys one day, but they don't belong in the same sentence as Leddy.

Leddy may not be in the same class as Bogosian, but he's a lot closer to Bogosian than to Postma and Redmond.

Quote:
If Hasiney is not going to be resigned, is Leddy the type of D man that the team would look to replace him with? I would think the team would be looking for more of a defensive d man myself.
There's other ways to deal with this issue that don't, necessarily, require the Jets to have a defence focused 2nd pairing. Spend a bit more money on the 3rd pairing and getting some reliable limited minutes guys like Zanon, Gill, etc would certainly be a possibility.

To be blunt the real issue here isn't that a Leddy-Bogosian 2nd pairing would be substandard, it's that Noel needs to be careful about the zone starts and matchups he gives his 1st pairing. But in the long run that isn't an acceptable situation if the goal of the Jets is to contend. Having a 1st pairing that needs to be protected is a liability and a contributor to the Jets poor road record.

Quote:
I agree that this is a concern. Scheifele is still a ways away and it is an open question whether Burmistrov can cut it at the NHL level as a center. Having said that, don't overlook Pirri. He's produced well in the AHL. Probably needs to add mass and improve his game in the defensive zone but there's still a decent chance he ends up a 2nd line center before it's all said and done.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Leddy for Little is more far. Plus, I have a feeling Leddy will just breakout right when we get rid of him. This would be hard for me, but I'd do it.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Brian Little represents a player contract the Jets can control for a few more years via his pending RFA deal. The return proposed here is not nearly enough to force the Jets to trade Little and by extension screw up the forward mix without any certainty they can replace what he brings. Perhaps the Jets might make a somewhat similar deal to this approaching the trade deadline but in no way would they do this right now. They are building via the draft around the current young core, not rebuilding. It takes more than Leddy (not really a need here) and futures to take a current top 6 from the lineup; it takes an upgrade to Little.

No deal.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Hjalmarsson is really the only piece that makes sense from a JETS perspective and even then, like someone else said, replacing what Little brings poses an even bigger problem and until someone proves otherwise that they can do what little does, the JETS won't be trading him.

Jimmy Hayes + would have me thinking though.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:35 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Pass

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:04 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago still needs Leddy. Pass atm.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:16 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I think my fellow Jets fans are downplaying the importance of needing PMD on our team. Pavelec is probably the worst puck handling goalie in the league. I think Leddy would be a great pairing with Bogosian. Push Hainsey down to 3rd pair (regardless of what he's paid).

I vote "for".

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I think my fellow Jets fans are downplaying the importance of needing PMD on our team. Pavelec is probably the worst puck handling goalie in the league. I think Leddy would be a great pairing with Bogosian. Push Hainsey down to 3rd pair (regardless of what he's paid).

I vote "for".
Uhhh, Hainsey is a pmd. In fact almost all of our D are except Stuart. We need a high end defensive LHD to play with Bogosian.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:14 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post

I vote "for".
The bolded makes little sense, if any. We have Enstrom remember? Maybe not. Bogosian isn't some scrub either and neither is Buff. Oh and Hainsey ain't half bad.

Btw, have you ever seen Mike Smith? Perhaps not....

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:20 AM
lakai17

Postma is ready to step in.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote