HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago & Montreal

Old
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Chicago & Montreal

To Montreal
N. Hjarlmasson
M.McNeil
2nd

To Chicago
Plekanec
Tinordi(D)

Chicago does this to fullfill their 2C need and get a big defensive prospect.

Montreal gets a great shut down guy in Hammer and picks up a big skillfull C in McNeil

Chicago Outlook

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Plekanec-Hossa

Montreal

Hammer-Gorges

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

As has been already said, Montreal needs one of Saad or TT going the other way if they're giving up Pleks. Tinordi is also not really a piece I'm willing to give up, although Hjarlmasson helps with that. As the deal is currently structured, an easy no from Montreal.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Don't see the Habs being interested in that one

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Tinordi has improved so much since joining the OHL, Plekanec is our #1 center and good for around 60-65pts per year, this trade is horrible for the Habs. At least include TT for the Habs to even listen. If we trade Pleks, that means the Habs are going to be rebuilding witch I just don't see them doing

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Tinordi unbalances this one pretty seriously IMO, especially considering how much the Habs see in him - and in Plekanec, for that matter. If you're going to go for a Habs defenseman, I'd suggest aiming a lot lower.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:43 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Not that it's an indication of his value to the league, but tinordi is such an organizational need that he's almost untouchable.

And I don't think op's proposal is 'good enough' for me to want to pull the trigger

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Wow, the original proposal is terrible for the Habs. I would see the Habs being interested in Hjalmarsson, but not in a deal that involves Tinordi in any permutation, nor McNeil (just because I doubt the Habs value him nearly as much as the Hawks might), nor Plekanec (unless it was a much bigger deal involving some of the components previously mentioned in other Plekanec-Hawks threads). The Habs would also need to find a place to dump Kaberle to, if they added Hjarlmarsson (cap-wise, I think it would have to be
Kaberle and not, say, Weber). Obviously, Chicago is not a destination for Kaberle.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:27 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

That makes no sense. Montreal isn't going to replace their most experienced defensive center with some kid straight out of his last CHL season as an overager and give up Tinordi for Hjalmarsson just to make this work. Hjalmarsson isn't a valuable piece, he would have been traded long time ago this summer if he was sought after that much.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
Horrible for MTL...

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
Horrible for MTL...
QFT.

We had a big fight last time someone brang up a trade like that. Please retract.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM
dave babych returns

My take on the Habs is that their forward group is a bigger problem than their defense - which is actually pretty respectable and (would be more than good enough if Andrei Markov could stay healthy.. I don't see Hjalmarsson filling his skates any time soon).

Trading from a problem area in order to address a need that isn't really pressing seems like a major step back and Hjalmarsson isn't so much younger than Plekanec that it makes it worthwhile from a rebuilding perspective (not to mention that TP is simply a better player).

If the Habs were committed to a lengthy rebuild I could see something like Saad+Leddy for Plekanec (with a pick or prospect to even things out) but I don't think they plan to be in the midst of a rebuild for very long.

dave babych returns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
My take on the Habs is that their forward group is a bigger problem than their defense - which is actually pretty respectable and (would be more than good enough if Andrei Markov could stay healthy.. I don't see Hjalmarsson filling his skates any time soon).

Trading from a problem area in order to address a need that isn't really pressing seems like a major step back and Hjalmarsson isn't so much younger than Plekanec that it makes it worthwhile from a rebuilding perspective (not to mention that TP is simply a better player).

If the Habs were committed to a lengthy rebuild I could see something like Saad+Leddy for Plekanec (with a pick or prospect to even things out) but I don't think they plan to be in the midst of a rebuild for very long.

Our forward group is just fine. Unless you have a number 1 C or a top six winger(Sharp/Kane/Hossa/Toews...) we need defense. Hammer would fit in PERFECTLY. But not at the expense of what you want.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:27 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
To Montreal
N. Hjarlmasson
M.McNeil
2nd

To Chicago
Plekanec
Tinordi(D)

Chicago does this to fullfill their 2C need and get a big defensive prospect.

Montreal gets a great shut down guy in Hammer and picks up a big skillfull C in McNeil

Chicago Outlook

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Plekanec-Hossa

Montreal

Hammer-Gorges
take Tinordi out of the mix and we're getting there... in my opinion Plekanec is worth more than this whole package

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Maxpac

How's this, better or worse?

Plekanec, White and CGY 2nd pick for Teravainen, Saad and Boilig.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

The Hawks aren't trading their two best prospects (by a mile).

And I agree that the original proposal was horrible for Montreal.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

White stays at home. He's too cool for the hawks.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:55 PM
That

What's with the Pleks to Chicago proposals today?

This isn't enough to get you Plekanec alone, let alone Montreal's best D prospect, who fills a need, on top of that.

If want both, start with Saad + Hjalmarsson.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Our forward group is just fine. Unless you have a number 1 C or a top six winger(Sharp/Kane/Hossa/Toews...) we need defense. Hammer would fit in PERFECTLY. But not at the expense of what you want.
I don't want anything, I'm a Canucks fan.

Anyway I'm not going to argue with a Canadiens fan about what that team needs as you'd know better than I, but I will say it's a bit odd to say "our forward group is just fine" directly before saying "unless you have a top center or top six winger" which implies you feel you need those things..

dave babych returns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
I don't want anything, I'm a Canucks fan.

Anyway I'm not going to argue with a Canadiens fan about what that team needs as you'd know better than I, but I will say it's a bit odd to say "our forward group is just fine" directly before saying "unless you have a top center or top six winger" which implies you feel you need those things..
We need a #1 center, a 2nd line LW and a big physical defender. You and he are right.

The hope is Galchenyuk fills out the #1 C hole eventually and Tinordi fills out the big physical defender hole within a year.

As for the Plekanec to Chicago obsession, I really do not see a deal happening this season. Summer 2013 is more likely. They need Plekanec badly for this season. The Habs can't rush Galchenyuk (despite what many people on our board think) and going into a season with a laughable Desharnais-Gomez-Eller trio down the middle would be basically waving the white flag before it starts.

And I do agree that either Saad or Teravainen has to be in a deal.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Just thinking aloud, Stalberg(LW) + Teravainen+ pick for Plekanec? With Saad taking over Stalberg's roster spot in Chicago?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Just thinking aloud, Stalberg(LW) + Teravainen+ pick for Plekanec? With Saad taking over Stalberg's roster spot in Chicago?
That's about where we went in one of the innumerable past Plekanec-to-Hawks trade proposal threads (and there have been many).

Saad/Teravainen + Stalberg/Kruger... Habs need an ace prospect, apparently love Teravainen, apparently don't like McNeil, and another "decent young forward to at least partially fill the void vacated by Plekanec"... as the starting point. They probably also need to have the CBA sorted out and find themselves as sellers at the trade deadline before going down that road... it doesn't seem like a pre-season move at all.

Hjalmarsson would be nice too, but it's harder to fit him in.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
bhuya71

If Hawks are in win now mode and all they need is a 2nd centre who can help them compete...then why not simply offer us real value...

TT+1st...It should be a late first with pleks in their lineup

Pleks = TT + 1st

Pleks playing with Hossa = both of them surpassing 70 points while other teams will pray and try to score against that line....

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Chicago and the habs could definitely hash out a deal for Plekanec, but Tinordi is something the habs are REALLY missing. I believe he's only behind Gally in terms of prospects to not trade.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Hugo Sham

as mentioned innumerable times by Hab fans who are actually thinking
:-)

1) habs are not rebuilding
2) last year was an anomaly
3) it is MUCH easier to find plekanecs a winger than to trade and try and replace him with equal value @ C

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
QFT.

We had a big fight last time someone brang up a trade like that. Please retract.
Brang ?

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote