HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ...

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 05:06 PM
delirium trigger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk View Post
I think we said the same thing about Cammalleri when he was UFA, hometown boy and what not. And the reason he didn't sign in TO(subject to argument, just a rumour i'd heard) was because he spent his summers there and didn't want to live there year round.

Not saying Perry would feel the same way, but something to think about when doing the whole "come home" UFA thing.
that's built on the assumption that the leafs tried to sign cammalleri at all.... I doubt they did.. I'm sure they are hot and heavy on getz and Perry tho.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
that's built on the assumption that the leafs tried to sign cammalleri at all.... I doubt they did.. I'm sure they are hot and heavy on getz and Perry tho.
I recall an interview with Cammalleri a couple years ago on the Bill Watters show. Obviously Cammalleri couldn't get into specifics, but he did say he met with Nonis in Toronto with the intentions to get a deal done. Toronto just didn't give him the money and term that he wanted, so he went with Montreal (who I think overpaid at the time).

Old
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
joffreyLUUPUL

In my NHL 13 GM MODE 3rd yr made the leafs into a super team for a run to the cup

Spezza- Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Seguin - Lupul
McKegg - Colborne - Frattin
Doan- Stoll- Penner

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Kaberle - Ristolesten

Price
Emery

Finn and Percy should be good to go next year

Old
09-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Brody
nah.

vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
In my NHL 13 GM MODE 3rd yr made the leafs into a super team for a run to the cup

Spezza- Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Seguin - Lupul
Doan- Stoll- Penner

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Kaberle - Ristolesten

Price
Emery

How the **** is that fun? Keep it realistic, instead of scoring 50 goals a game.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:05 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:

Spezza- Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Seguin - Lupul
Doan- Stoll- Penner

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Kaberle - Ristolesten

Price
Emery

Play with the current roster.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:03 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
For real, you can destroy that game playing with the marlies line up, I like to win the cup on the cap floor. More satisfying.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Four1 Lead
Virtanen at 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
+ Nathan MacKinnon.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:33 AM
joffreyLUUPUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
How the **** is that fun? Keep it realistic, instead of scoring 50 goals a game.
I dont score 50 goals a game i'm just doing a simulation. Its not like I traded all of my picks away to attain these players.

And I did play with the current rosters its kind of hard to suck and go for MacKinnon when the Kadri Kessel Lupul line clicked the whole season. Not my fault the Kulemin Grabo and JVR went off either.

I signed PK Subban in the FA then later traded him + for price
The CPU came at me w Spezza for Ross Bostons 1 and my 2

Its not like I overextended for these players at all. Came in saying we needed a number one C a elite goalie and some grit and size.

Signed Penner, Stoll, Doan for cheap since there all near the end of there careers.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:45 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
+ Nathan MacKinnon.
One can dream.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:

Spezza- Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Seguin - Lupul
Doan- Stoll- Penner

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Kaberle - Ristolesten

Price
Emery

Who the hell is Ristolesten?

Old
09-15-2012, 09:43 AM
joffreyLUUPUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Who the hell is Ristolesten?
I spelt it wrong Ramus Ristolainen a rookie I signed in free agency w four star potential he went from a 77. To 85 in a season surprisingly I just used him for my bottom 6 didnt think hed turn into a 85ovr d

The six ppl new to the line up are spezza seguin penner stoll ramus and price everybody else are prospects and
Players from the original roster

My line up now after retirement stage is

Jvr Spezza Kessel
Kadri Seguin Lupul
McKegg Colborne Frattin
Archibald Stoll Penner

Dion Rielly
Gardiner Ramus
Percy Finn

price
Leclaire

Old
09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
I spelt it wrong Ramus Ristolainen a rookie I signed in free agency w four star potential he went from a 77. To 85 in a season surprisingly I just used him for my bottom 6 didnt think hed turn into a 85ovr d

The six ppl new to the line up are spezza seguin penner stoll ramus and price everybody else are prospects and
Players from the original roster

My line up now after retirement stage is

Jvr Spezza Kessel
Kadri Seguin Lupul
McKegg Colborne Frattin
Archibald Stoll Penner

Dion Rielly
Gardiner Ramus
Percy Finn

price
Leclaire
LOL, u know this isn't real right?
I roll with steen as my 1C, Stanley cup baby!

Old
09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Brody
nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
LOL, u know this isn't real right?
I roll with steen as my 1C, Stanley cup baby!
Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
Reemer - Grabo - Kulemin
MacA - Bozak - Lombardi
Brown - McClement - Ashton/Orr

Gunner - Phaneuf
Gards - Franson <-------------- on trading block.
Liles - Komo/Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens

I win.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:39 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
Reemer - Grabo - Kulemin
MacA - Bozak - Lombardi
Brown - McClement - Ashton/Orr

Gunner - Phaneuf
Gards - Franson <-------------- on trading block.
Liles - Komo/Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens

I win.
Hey, your talking to a 3 in a row Stanley cup champ here. :p

Old
09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Brody
nah.

Lol @ Sens fans calling Franson an AHLer, I can only think of one dman on Ottawa that holds more value than Franson, and thats Karlsson.

The rest are
Andre Benoit - 28 years old, 8 NHL games, 0 last season.
Sergei Gonchar - Pretty much useless now, could be classified as a scrub. Watching Sens games, makes rookie mistakes which a veteran sure as hell can't afford to make. Slow, and the offense he brings isn't worth the mistakes.
Mike Lundin - Decent at best AHL dman, can't and won't cut it in the NHL.
Marc Methot - Overpaid scrub, big but can't deliver those big hits. Decent dfd.
Chris Phillips - Play has declined steadily every single season, didn't provide much offense from the back end and wasn't good enough defensively.

What a joke

Old
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Lol @ Sens fans calling Franson an AHLer, I can only think of one dman on Ottawa that holds more value than Franson, and thats Karlsson.

The rest are
Sergei Gonchar - Pretty much useless now, could be classified as a scrub. Watching Sens games, makes rookie mistakes which a veteran sure as hell can't afford to make. Slow, and the offense he brings isn't worth the mistakes.
Chris Phillips - Play has declined steadily every single season, didn't provide much offense from the back end and wasn't good enough defensively.

What a joke
Youg forgot Cowen , but yea thats pretty pathetic ..

Old
09-15-2012, 07:58 PM
leugangen

I am a little mad to hear that we made a "strong" pitch for Doan, but didn't fill an actual need by signing Roszival. I also hope that we re-sign Franson at some point.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:25 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
Did Timmy Thomas know what was going on all along?

Or did everyone just get jealous of Timmy?

...bong thoughts.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:

The rest are

What a joke
Take off the homer glasses for just one second.

Franson couldn't crack our lineup for a good portion of last season. He's very weak defensively (absolutely never being used on the PK) yet not good enough offensively to get powerplay time ahead of Phaneuf, Liles and Gardiner. Essentially his skillset is redundant in Toronto.

Karlsson miles ahead in terms of value.

Gonchar for being completely useless still scored 37 poionts last season. He does have some defensive shortcomings but he still is a heck of an offensive dman (much better than Franson).

With Karlsson, Gonchar and even Alffy eating up the powerplay minutes on the point, Franson would be stuck in the same situation as he is currently experiencing in Toronto.

Phillips, Methot, Cowen are all much better defensively and bring a different skillset. Not every player will rack up points and every one of these guys I'd take over Franson on my team in a second.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:06 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Franson weak defensively?

Maybe you should take off the homer glasses...

Old
09-15-2012, 09:27 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

Franson couldn't crack our lineup for a good portion of last season. He's very weak defensively (absolutely never being used on the PK) yet not good enough offensively to get powerplay time ahead of Phaneuf, Liles and Gardiner. Essentially his skillset is redundant in Toronto.

Gonchar for being completely useless still scored 37 poionts last season. He does have some defensive shortcomings but he still is a heck of an offensive dman (much better than Franson).

With Karlsson, Gonchar and even Alffy eating up the powerplay minutes on the point, Franson would be stuck in the same situation as he is currently experiencing in Toronto.

Phillips, Methot, Cowen are all much better defensively and bring a different skillset. Not every player will rack up points and every one of these guys I'd take over Franson on my team in a second.
Whomp Whomp.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Brody
nah.

Quote:

Bolded is false, averaged 1:31 PP TOI/game, which is the lowest of his career but still decent for a second unit guy. He's not "weak" defensively at all.

I didn't say Karlsson wasn't better, but sure.

Gonchar scored 37pts while being horrible in his own end, and slow af. You know who he played like this season? Marc-Andre Bergeron, only slower.

You realize that most teams use two PP units, right?

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsonn
Franson - Karlsonn <--- Much more effective than Gonchar and EK because they are both PMD, Franson provides a rocket of a shot from the point, makes him a great partner for Karlsson. So no, he'd most likely be on the first unit.

You'd take Mr Negative Value Marc Methot and Chris Phillips over Cody Franson? Thank god you are not the GM of the Leafs. Marc Methot is not good at all, juts because Ottawa got ripped off terribly doesn't mean he's worth what he got. Phillips is 32, and has been declining every single season, especially in his own zone.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:02 PM
leugangen

Quote:

Read some advanced stats - Franson is our third or fourth best defenseman. Just because he was misused doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Your first mistake was thinking that an evaluation of a Leafs player by a bunch of teen-aged Sens fans was actually worth paying any attention to

Old
09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Ohio Jones
Jays Hipster/Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Read some advanced stats - Franson is our third or fourth best defenseman. Just because he was misused doesn't mean he is a bad player.
Curious what stats you're referring to. Franson certainly didn't appear very useful (or even moderately useful) in my viewings. I'd consider him 6th at best among Leafs D last season, 5th now because of the Schenn trade... and even then, I expect Holzer to pass him quickly.

Gardiner
Phaneuf
Gunnarsson
Liles
Franson
Komisarek
Holzer

I will say there's a big gap in my mind between Gunnar and Liles, with Franson and Liles likely closer in value, but I'm frankly hoping that by the time the NHL starts up again Holzer, Rielly and others are pushing Liles, Franson and omisarek for icetime.

You say Cody is misused - given our "coaching", I'd agree that's a distinct possibility, but how do you think he should be used differently to maximize the assets he does bring to the table?

Closed Thread