HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2012, 05:08 PM
  #176
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Declinin View Post
To show that the Devils generally played an aggressive 2-1-2 throughout the playoffs and not the neutral zone trap
All that shows is that a 2-2-1 can easily change to a 2-1-2 when a team is well coached, its the 3rd period and the players smell blood. When teams play the trap they don't perpetually stay in trap formation, they just patiently pick they're spots to attack. U can see from the video that carter stayed defensively positioned until he read the play and sprinted up the center. That's just a well coached trap and set play, and its also why they made some noise last year.


Last edited by delirium trigger: 09-17-2012 at 05:31 PM.
delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 05:15 PM
  #177
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,689
vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
When teams play the trap they don't perpetually stay in trap formation
They also don't send two forecheckers in hard after the puck carrier

Kyle Doobas* is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
  #178
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Murray is my favorite gm. Or at the very least
Favorite drafting gm.
He's terrible at picking good coaches. And some of his trades are questionable, but he does seem to draft well, it well depend how well talent translates from sel to the nhl.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
  #179
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Declinin View Post
They also don't send two forecheckers in hard after the puck carrier
Sure they do, that was obviously a set or practised play. The key to a good trap is picking your offensive points, some coaches are more aggressive than others, based on they're own philosophy or the team talent and IQ. A trap team could send in 2 forecheckers hard many times throughout the game, especially in the 3rd when the teams have felt eachother out and have read a weakness. It doesn't mean they aren't fundamentally a trap team. It just means they are a trap team that has the talent and speed to be aggresive when needed.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
  #180
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,364
vCash: 500
According to TSN some player agent said Burke called VAN last week concerning Lu. Bobby Mac said it was unlikely.

EDIT

Heres the guy

Enrico Ciccone ‏@EnricoCiccone

Leafs are still interested in Luongo. Burke made a call in Vancouver end of last week! #mapleleafs

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
  #181
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
According to TSN some player agent said Burke called VAN last week concerning Lu. Bobby Mac said it was unlikely.

EDIT

Heres the guy

Enrico Ciccone ‏@EnricoCiccone

Leafs are still interested in Luongo. Burke made a call in Vancouver end of last week! #mapleleafs
For all we know it is just keeping in touch to see what's up and if anything is changing which he probably makes a couple dozen calls a day about. Burke seems pretty patient to me in trades and won't be changing his offer. If we get Lu it's probably because Gillis came down to what we were offering.

Grant is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:15 AM
  #182
Cool Hand Luke
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
According to TSN some player agent said Burke called VAN last week concerning Lu. Bobby Mac said it was unlikely.

EDIT

Heres the guy

Enrico Ciccone ‏@EnricoCiccone

Leafs are still interested in Luongo. Burke made a call in Vancouver end of last week! #mapleleafs
Is it possible that Luongo was refusing a trade because of Frankie Allaire, but now that he's gone, it's game on again? Is it co-incidence that the Leafs have come out publicly about Joe Colborne's injury, thus explaining his slump last year in an effort to increase his trade value? Scrivens not being sent down due to "waivers"?
Colborne + Scrivens for Luongo?

Cool Hand Luke is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:26 AM
  #183
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Is it possible that Luongo was refusing a trade because of Frankie Allaire, but now that he's gone, it's game on again? Is it co-incidence that the Leafs have come out publicly about Joe Colborne's injury, thus explaining his slump last year in an effort to increase his trade value? Scrivens not being sent down due to "waivers"?
Colborne + Scrivens for Luongo?
I was thinking Scrivens was being held back for trade reasons but I thought they already addressed the back up spot for VAN?

But that package seems fair.

The Naz is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:43 AM
  #184
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I was thinking Scrivens was being held back for trade reasons but I thought they already addressed the back up spot for VAN?

But that package seems fair.
Eddie Lack can backup Schneider, but that doesn't mean the Canucks couldn't do with a capable #3. Even so, that offer sounds light to me - and I'm a fan of Scrivens.

But when your hands are tied like Gillis' are in this situation, with only a couple of teams to trade an albatross contract to, "light" may be the best you can expect. .dunno:

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
  #185
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 500
burke believes in Reimer if he's the best goalie he can get for next year

pspot is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
  #186
Daddy Longlegs
Registered User
 
Daddy Longlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Say what u want about methot, I think that was a terrible trade. Foligno was the only guy on that team I ever yearned to be a leaf.
He's everything Armstrong should/could have been, and he can play center.
Ottawa won that trade without doubt. Foligno has capped out his potential and is clearly over rated. It's not like the trade was that lop-sided, but Ottawa clearly came out on top. Columbus is doomed for eternity.

Daddy Longlegs is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #187
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
burke believes in Reimer if he's the best goalie he can get for next year
He's not going to say otherwise. It'd be the end of Reimer.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 05:27 PM
  #188
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Guys, at the end of this season there's a lot of good free agent goalies, mabye we could nab one of them but we also need getzlaf so we are kinda in a sticky situation.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
  #189
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Guys, at the end of this season there's a lot of good free agent goalies, mabye we could nab one of them but we also need getzlaf so we are kinda in a sticky situation.
Only in a sticky situation of we overcommit on salary this season (assuming there IS a season) to an overpriced goalie.

Not that any comes to mind...

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:17 PM
  #190
VanW27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: halifax,n.s.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Guys, at the end of this season there's a lot of good free agent goalies
No there's not. There's five guys who have shown they are capable NHL starters.
Thomas-old and crazy
Nabakov-old
Backstrom-oldish and unlikely to leave Minny
Howard-not that good and Detroit needs him anyway
Smith-flash in the pan? Even if he isn't why would he leave the team that gave him a shot after bouncing around for years.

Whoever the Leafs goalie is will likely be home grown or brought in via trade.

VanW27 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:19 PM
  #191
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
He's not going to say otherwise. It'd be the end of Reimer.
he just needs to not say anything

pspot is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
  #192
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
No there's not. There's five guys who have shown they are capable NHL starters.
Thomas-old and crazy
Nabakov-old
Backstrom-oldish and unlikely to leave Minny
Howard-not that good and Detroit needs him anyway
Smith-flash in the pan? Even if he isn't why would he leave the team that gave him a shot after bouncing around for years.

Whoever the Leafs goalie is will likely be home grown or brought in via trade.
Wasn't Eddie deemed to be old and crazy leaving Dallas?

That worked out ok I think.


With Allaire out of the picture now I think TT is a real possibility now.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:48 PM
  #193
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
he just needs to not say anything
Can't do that. It's not him. Everyone knows this. Why do people expect him to change?

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:53 PM
  #194
Drew311
Van Man
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 500
Can we just get to 1000 posts so this stupid thread title can be changed?

Drew311 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:59 PM
  #195
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Ottawa won that trade without doubt. Foligno has capped out his potential and is clearly over rated. It's not like the trade was that lop-sided, but Ottawa clearly came out on top. Columbus is doomed for eternity.
What? No way, foligno is the kinda player that comes with a tool box, he's eager to do whatever, no matter the punishment, and was the only guy left on that team that played with heart and fire.
Talking about capping potential, methot has only ever hit an acme of 17pts in a season at every level of professional hockey and rarely plays a full season due to injury at every level of professional hockey. His only upside is his size. I think colombus murdered Ottawa in that trade, and whether colombus is doomed for eternity is not really relevant as to the actual trade, and also because I think Ottawa is just as doomed.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:10 PM
  #196
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Thank god allaire is gone, he ruined gustavsson. The poor guy could have lost his one and only chance to make a living just because we had a goalie coach that was to stubborn to to work with a players natural style and athletics and forced him to change after 25 years as a rookie in the most competitive league. That's just dumb, I hope the jets give him a proper look, and I hope he can revert to his natural style again... But that does raise a couple question marks around reimer and scrivins doesn't it?

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
  #197
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Thank god allaire is gone, he ruined gustavsson. The poor guy could have lost his one and only chance to make a living just because we had a goalie coach that was to stubborn to to work with a players natural style and athletics and forced him to change after 25 years as a rookie in the most competitive league. That's just dumb, I hope the jets give him a proper look, and I hope he can revert to his natural style again... But that does raise a couple question marks around reimer and scrivins doesn't it?
He signed as a UFA this summer with the Red Wings, and knowing them, he'll turn into a very good goaltender indeed. (Not elite, perhaps, but very good.)

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
  #198
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
He signed as a UFA this summer with the Red Wings, and knowing them, he'll turn into a very good goaltender indeed. (Not elite, perhaps, but very good.)
Yes, thanks. I forgot he signed in Detroit. I guess its easy to loose track with all the UFA and trade action of late :p

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 12:24 AM
  #199
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,288
vCash: 95
MacArthur or Stalberg, who would you rather have and why? (would prefer to get answers on the basis of their play only and ignore contract but I find that unlikely to happen).

Grant is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 12:31 AM
  #200
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Can we just get to 1000 posts so this stupid thread title can be changed?
This

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.