HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

2012-13 WHL Regular Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
  #201
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Kamloops ‏@Kamloops_RT

RT @CharlesInglis: Off to kamloops: By: ClaytonHapke (Clayton Hapke) on 11/19/2012 at 18:44 [http://search.twitter.com ] http://*******/10gzku4

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-19-2012, 01:55 PM
  #202
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Wow. We couldn't of got a little more for Inglis? I havn't seen this officially on WHL.com or the Rebels website, but i'll take your word on it.
Blazers official accounts have announced it, but yea, it seems like the rebels wanted nothing to do with Inglis.

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
  #203
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Bad move.

You dont invite cancer into your room.
it barely cost us anything. If the cancer starts to spread we can just toss him to the ditch, no loss

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
  #204
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
it barely cost us anything. If the cancer starts to spread we can just toss him to the ditch, no loss
Well, maybe he makes friends with some players and enemies with others? That could be a divisive force that could continue even after he would be let go.

Listening to Sutter's interview, and his reaction/answer to the question of why he would let his top scorer go is very telling.

Something along the lines of "He was our top scorer. And we sent him home." "That tells you everything you need to know."

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
  #205
JaredCowenFan
New Motivation + #10
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Hope he doesn't slow down the dominance of Lipon, Smith or Bozon.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  #206
BillP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Scotland
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Bad move.

You dont invite cancer into your room.
check out the books that ricky bought trinity and look up the word conditional. very little risk with high upside, reminds me of something tallon would do in chi/fla.

BillP is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
  #207
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Well, maybe he makes friends with some players and enemies with others? That could be a divisive force that could continue even after he would be let go.

Listening to Sutter's interview, and his reaction/answer to the question of why he would let his top scorer go is very telling.

Something along the lines of "He was our top scorer. And we sent him home." "That tells you everything you need to know."
Heard an interview with him and he is PUMPED to come to kamloops. I don't wanna speak to soon but it seems that maybe he just wanted to be on a contender. Last year in the league, he wants to win something. He was on one when he entered the league, and he wants to be on another. He also is great friends with Brendan Ranford which might have been one of the reasons he wanted to come here.

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
  #208
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Hope he doesn't slow down the dominance of Lipon, Smith or Bozon.
I doubt he would play on their line.

S E P H is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 08:16 PM
  #209
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
check out the books that ricky bought trinity and look up the word conditional. very little risk with high upside, reminds me of something tallon would do in chi/fla.
The return really has nothing to do with it. He is either a positive or a negative influence on the team and in the room. Based on his past history, it looks like he has been a negative influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Heard an interview with him and he is PUMPED to come to kamloops. I don't wanna speak to soon but it seems that maybe he just wanted to be on a contender. Last year in the league, he wants to win something. He was on one when he entered the league, and he wants to be on another. He also is great friends with Brendan Ranford which might have been one of the reasons he wanted to come here.
Based on Sutter's demeanor, I doubt very much if Inglis had any say in where he was going. And based on what Red Deer got in return, looks like the auction was attended by a party of one.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
  #210
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The return really has nothing to do with it. He is either a positive or a negative influence on the team and in the room. Based on his past history, it looks like he has been a negative influence.



Based on Sutter's demeanor, I doubt very much if Inglis had any say in where he was going. And based on what Red Deer got in return, looks like the auction was attended by a party of one.
Well, either way, he seemed pumped to go to Kamloops.

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
  #211
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Well, either way, he seemed pumped to go to Kamloops.
I hope it works out for both him and the team, and of course, the fans.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
  #212
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I hope it works out for both him and the team, and of course, the fans.
This

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
  #213
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 50
Huge home and home starts tonight with the Hitmen in Lethbridge. These two games should be a pretty good measuring stick to see where the Hurricanes match up with the elite teams.

tv14 is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
  #214
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
wow, just read this

"WHL teams rarely reveal what constitutes such ‘conditions’ but, in this case, it could be that the draft pick changes hands only if Inglis remains on the Blazers’ roster after the WHL trade deadline of Jan. 10."

on G.Drinnan's blog.

This is a no-brainer, if we don't want him, it literally cost us nothing

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
  #215
JaredCowenFan
New Motivation + #10
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
The Oil-Kings and Rebels play tonight. The Oil-Kings take on Swift Current and the Rebs take on Meddy Hat.

Let's put up a 'W'!

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
  #216
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 50
Canes dominate the 1st outshooting the Hitmean 17-6 but Calgary is up 1-0.

More of the same early in the 2nd and Canes tie it up with a goal from Merkley.


Last edited by tv14: 11-20-2012 at 09:05 PM.
tv14 is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:09 PM
  #217
JaredCowenFan
New Motivation + #10
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Great night of dub Hockey for me.

The Oil Kings take the game over Swift Current 2-1. Laurent Brossoit stopped 27/28 shots faced against him. And Stephane Legault had a pair of goals to seal the deal.

Also, the Rebels won 4-0! Patrik Bartosak was outstanding stopping all 43/43 shots faced against! Elson had a pair of helpers and Rhyse Dieno put up another point to make him have 4 points in 3 games played. The Rebels are realling rollin'. 3 straight wins and counting! Wheeuu!

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:08 AM
  #218
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Not a great performance by the Oil Kings tonight but a win is a win.

Stephane Legault and Mitch Moroz returned to the lineup and Legault scored both goals for the Oil Kings.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:01 PM
  #219
phillipsj89
Registered User
 
phillipsj89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
I just wanted to say that I was wrong for saying Portland was going to be a bad team this year. They are indeed every bit as good as last year. I am pumped for the rest of this season. Would love an epic playoff series between Kamloops and Portland again

phillipsj89 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  #220
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
I just wanted to say that I was wrong for saying Portland was going to be a bad team this year. They are indeed every bit as good as last year. I am pumped for the rest of this season. Would love an epic playoff series between Kamloops and Portland again
Its gonna happen.

Kelowna and Tri-City/Spokane might have something to say about that though.

Lots of strong teams in the west.

Very tough to come out of there imo. Much more so than the east this year.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:41 PM
  #221
JaredCowenFan
New Motivation + #10
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
Ebs' Jersey finally going to be raised!

http://www.whl.ca/article/pats-to-re...berle-s-number

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:30 PM
  #222
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 50
Hurricanes tie it with less than 5 minutes left but Calgary scores with under 1 minute left to win it. Hitmen sweep the Hurricanes in a home-and-home. 'Canes have lost 4 in a row, however three were to Calgary (twice) and PA all within one goals. While 'Canes didn't win those games, they atleast showed they are capable of playing with those teams and even out-playing them. I think the Hurricanes would be well served to go get a big, grinding power-forward to compliment all their small, skilled, speedy forwards.

Sets up a big matchup against the Rebels on Friday.

tv14 is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
  #223
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Ebs' Jersey finally going to be raised!

http://www.whl.ca/article/pats-to-re...berle-s-number
Good on him, will always be remembered in the WHL for his dominance with the Regina Pats.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:18 AM
  #224
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,244
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Hurricanes tie it with less than 5 minutes left but Calgary scores with under 1 minute left to win it. Hitmen sweep the Hurricanes in a home-and-home. 'Canes have lost 4 in a row, however three were to Calgary (twice) and PA all within one goals. While 'Canes didn't win those games, they atleast showed they are capable of playing with those teams and even out-playing them. I think the Hurricanes would be well served to go get a big, grinding power-forward to compliment all their small, skilled, speedy forwards.

Sets up a big matchup against the Rebels on Friday.
Nice to see Lethbridge having some success this year after a tough season last year.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 12:00 PM
  #225
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Nice to see Lethbridge having some success this year after a tough last few years.
Fixed it for you haha.

tv14 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.