HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 11.0 ‎

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 09:45 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

vCash: 500
Philippe Germain saying Nesta could be a player-coach. I like him, but

Old
11-03-2012, 09:45 AM
LeHab

Nesta Coach-player?

Old
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Kenny Powders

I really doubt Nesta would be a player-coach. He doesnt even speak english ..

Old
11-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's all great to see what Saputo has done for soccer in here and all.....but should be still be worried to have him and DeSantis take the decisions? I mean, sometimes you just feel fans are managing this team as opposed to cool managerial characters which is what you should need to build a team in my opinion.....Unless this is soccer, it's not hockey, and I'm totally off.....which is probably the case. So what's the opinion of the soccer experts around here?
In italy it happens a lot for the president to take soccer decisions. It happens less elsewhere but they still interfere.

TBH most of the fans did not share Marsch entitlment and his choices. We wanted to see the team built around Di Vaio, Nesta, Bernier and Felipe while Marsch wanted a hard working team with little skills.

Otoh it's been the story of impact management since a long time. The Saputo-NDS-Biello is the trio that will take the decisions for a long time.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:06 AM
deandebean

In essence, the Euros have won. Means that you'll see a lot more of them. And Arnaud is gone, so good news!

Old
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
pine

vCash: 50
DESANTIS, DÉCALISSE,
DESANTIS, DÉCALISSE,
DESANTIS, DÉCALISSE,
DESANTIS, DÉCALISSE,
DESANTIS, DÉCALISSE.

okay.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Zilo44

Seems like Saputo and NDS feel that next year is the year (with Nesta Di Vaio getting older) and they were not that impressed by the way Marsch managed this team. I feel bad for him cause at times I'm not sure he had all the elements to compete with the best teams in the league. Remember when we had Thomas/Mapp/Arnaud on our staring eleven...

Old
11-03-2012, 10:35 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Not a fan of this decision at all. Montreal had a better season than I expected and this ain't a playoff team on paper. Yayy for more Italians!

I am disappoint.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Yet....isn't that weird or off that Di Vaio and Nesta seems to be so powerful while they might have only 1 year left playing?

Old
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Et le But

I feel bad for Marsch but if there really was a division in the locker room, perhaps it's for the best.

Nesta taking over immediately as a coach would make little sense but if he's groomed for the role..well that could be interesting. We are talking a player with world class tactical intelligence, someone globally respected who would probably be able to convince other veterans to come play for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Not a fan of this decision at all. Montreal had a better season than I expected and this ain't a playoff team on paper. Yayy for more Italians!

I am disappoint.
What's wrong with more Italians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yet....isn't that weird or off that Di Vaio and Nesta seems to be so powerful while they might have only 1 year left playing?
Politics...keep them happy, they will help ensure the Serie A pipeline remains open. These are two guys with powerful friends.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What's wrong with more Italians
Not a big fan of much related to Italians and soccer. Fixing games, faking, defensive play, etc. There really isn't any Italian player that I like right now, but I acknowledge such talents like Pirlo and Buffon.

And one of my favorites of all-time is Zola.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:23 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Not a big fan of much related to Italians and soccer. Fixing games, faking, defensive play, etc. There really isn't any Italian player that I like right now, but I acknowledge such talents like Pirlo and Buffon.

Those things aren't exclusive to Italy nor are they the biggest offenders in those areas. Defensive play isn't even a good point anymore. The most used formation in Serie A is a 4-3-3 nowadays.

One thing you can be sure of is that their game will always be tactical and responsible. And the technique will be well taught and at a high level.

But I can understand why Italy will garner hate. After all, they troll major competitions regularly without much fancy play or high-priced stars.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Holy ****! Honestly, I don't know how to react. I liked Jesse a lot, but I hated how he stuck with Arnaud for so long. Might be a good thing, but I'm sad to see him go. He was a good guy.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:36 AM
deandebean

I'm sad for the guy, because he tried hard to integrate in the community.

But Philippe Germain was right: the Euros, including Patrice Bernier, never liked his coaching style. And his obsession with his american players got him canned for sure.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

No surprised at all from the things I heard... Locker room was/is split. Di Vaio is one of the main "problems". The reason why I put problems in quotation marks is because it really depends who you ask and how they see things. Some people think he has every right to be cocky and selfish (only cares about his personal stats) while others are disappointed that he doesn't put the team first. Unfortunately, it was Marsch who had to take the fall for it.

I'm sad to see Marsch go. He was extremely passionate and you could tell that he loved the team/city. However, considering his many questionable decisions (rookie mistakes) and all the drama surrounding the team, it's the right decision. We need a vet coach, plain and simple.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
deandebean

Quote:

Winning championships?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
deandebean

So, in essence, Philippe Germain was right about the feuding. Explains the end of the season 'en queue de poisson'.

Going the italian road is good for the Impact. The Toronto FC tried to go the English road and it flopped. I believe the italian road is much better, has a better track record. You win with a solid tactical system. And the Italians are masters of such a system.

I suspect the next coach will be an Italian or a Euro and that more and more players from the Old Continent will join the Impact. I suspect that the recruitement has started.

maybe Marsch wasn't let go because of the season, but more because he felt that the Euros were not on the same page as him. He probably talked with his bosses, and they felt he was all wrong about it. Who knows.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Et le But

Quote:

For all the stereotypes, Serie A has some of the most exciting teams in Europe right now - Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina. Even Juventus is easier on the eyes than 90% of the teams in England right now, and Juve originated every stereotype of Italian football you could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
No surprised at all from the things I heard... Locker room was/is split. Di Vaio is one of the main "problems". The reason why I put problems in quotation marks is because it really depends who you ask and how they see things. Some people think he has every right to be cocky and selfish (only cares about his personal stats) while others are disappointed that he doesn't put the team first. Unfortunately, it was Marsch who had to take the fall for it.
Considering a lot of fans want the Impact to go all out for someone like Ballack or Drogba, better get used to that sort of attitude.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:57 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

I still can't believe De Santis is our GM... **** him, what a ****** bag.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:21 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Amanda Stein @amandacstein:
#IMFC Ferrari: "We are saying we had a good season. But personally, the truth is that with the team we have we should go to the playoffs."

https://twitter.com/amandacstein/sta...77655323357184

Old
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
For all the stereotypes, Serie A has some of the most exciting teams in Europe right now - Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina.
The Bundesliga is pretty exciting with such teams as Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayern... Spain is exciting, The Premier League is exciting.

I just never liked the Italian way of playing and their tendency to dive. Fact is, they used to dive like hell in the late 90s and 2000s, and so did Brazilians. Gilardihno, Grosso, Materazzi, Luca Toni... It's pretty effin' disgusting and embarrassing.

And what do you mean stereotypes? It's not like match fixing occurred the last time 40 years ago... Who knows what other teams participated in that scandal.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:41 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Winning championships?
It's not that they won, but it's how they won. Can't believe some wanted Materazzi to play for the Impact.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:14 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
I just never liked the Italian way of playing and their tendency to dive. Fact is, they used to dive like hell in the late 90s and 2000s, and so did Brazilians. Gilardihno, Grosso, Materazzi, Luca Toni... It's pretty effin' disgusting and embarrassing.
Seriously? Do you watch all other leagues with blindfolds on? There's diving in EVERY league and is done be players of ALL nationalities. To call out one league as boring because there's diving is absurd.

When did players like ronaldo, rooney, Ashley Young etc all get their Italian passports?

If you're going to call out one league for diving, don't be biased, call out the others

Old
11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

By the way, why exactly are you guys hating on De Santis?

Old
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Seriously? Do you watch all other leagues with blindfolds on? There's diving in EVERY league and is done be players of ALL nationalities. To call out one league as boring because there's diving is absurd.

When did players like ronaldo, rooney, Ashley Young etc all get their Italian passports?

If you're going to call out one league for diving, don't be biased, call out the others
I did not call the Italian league boring. Sorry if my post hurt your feelings though. I wrote that it's partly due to Italians that diving proliferated to every league. Learn to read brah.

Closed Thread