HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 11.0 ‎

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
JunglePete

vCash: 500
Signing Di Vaio was the worst mistake ever made... reason why we didnt go to playoffs it took the team like 4 games to win when he first came (vs Toronto )
he is a cry-baby, trouble-maker, ego-centric and very sad to see Marsch go, best of luck to him.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
By the way, why exactly are you guys hating on De Santis?
He was pretty much the worst coach the team ever had and had a lot of problems with the ultras in the past. Ppl hate him because he was always protected by Joey.

I personnally dont hate him, I think he's a bit like Jim Pop with the Als, terrible coach and not so good with interpersonal skiils but he remains a good GM IMO.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:38 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
It's pointless to continue on this subject though. I'm gonna end it here, but if anyone wants to prove me wrong, just look up the origins of diving or find some researches on the subject. But don't write emotional and senseless posts like gunners14henry. I could be wrong, but I don't believe diving is an old 'artform' of soccer.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Seriously? Do you watch all other leagues with blindfolds on? There's diving in EVERY league and is done be players of ALL nationalities. To call out one league as boring because there's diving is absurd.

When did players like ronaldo, rooney, Ashley Young etc all get their Italian passports?

If you're going to call out one league for diving, don't be biased, call out the others
This is one of the great misconceptions of football, that Italians invited or perfected diving. Look more at the South American influence in European soccer.

As for scandals, sports betting and organized crimes have infiltrated all countries. Italy just does not do a good job of keeping it under wraps. To believe this only goes on in Italy is naive at best.

Also, even if Italian Seria A is not as good a league as it was once, Italian soccer is still alive and well. They have always had a great mixture of skill and tactics. That's one of the reasons they are always pertinent is WC's or Euro. Tactically, they are still amongst the best - see how many top level coaches they export. Having an Italian coach with the Impact would be amazing.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
It's pointless to continue on this subject though. I'm gonna end it here, but if anyone wants to prove me wrong, just look up the origins of diving or find some researches on the subject. But don't write emotional and senseless posts like gunners14henry. I could be wrong, but I don't believe diving is an old 'artform' of soccer.
I'm sorry but this is complete BS and you sound like a hater, even if it's unintentional. The Italians invented diving? Please point to me when this happened, there's no one origin of it, it appeared in southern Europe and South America first because of a longer tradition of close dribbling and playing with the ball on the ground. If anything it started off in South America. The Germans have been diving as long as the Italians have.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Lol really, you're going to call me out on this? You tell me to learn to read, yet in your original post you put the blame on the Italians and then put a little blame on the brazilians. Not once did you say that it was because of diving in Italy that it spread out to other leagues. And I'm not even getting emotional about this since the Seria A isn't my favorite league (it's the Premier league).

Old
11-03-2012, 02:05 PM
PhysicX

Once again, I never once wrote that Italians created diving. I said that because they used it a lot in the 1990s and early 2000s, it proliferated to other leagues (hence why I wrote partly because of them). Quote my post where I said Italians invented diving... It's possible that I wrote that and just can't find it.

Anyways, what's wrong with me not liking Italian soccer? Aren't diving, match fixing and defensive play good enough reasons as to why I don't like Italian soccer? I don't like Portuguese soccer as well (Pepe is a rat, Ronaldo dives), but you guys effin' spew **** that I don't even write. And I'm omitting the Grosso and Materazzi issues.

(Last point --> Italian soccer to me = international team and/or league, but mostly international team).

Last edited by PhysicX: 11-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 02:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Honestly not surprised... The impact want a skilled team, one that reflects the skills the players that come up from the academy I'll have learned..

IMO if your better skilled then most of the players in this league you'll dominate..

North American soccer is physical and technically weak.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
As for scandals, sports betting and organized crimes have infiltrated all countries. Italy just does not do a good job of keeping it under wraps. To believe this only goes on in Italy is naive at best.
Some of their beast teams got caught... Show me proof that it infiltrated all countries.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Wow. I'm surprised that Marsch got fired.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just asking, and it is a question, I like soccer but I'm a rookie really....But no matter what Marsh was or wasn't, did the Impact lost their place in the playoffs BEFORE the season started?

If we play "What if"....what if they keep Eddie Johnson and draft Darren Mattocks? Would they suddenly become clearly better than what they are? Did they got caught in trying to be all-around better instead of going with 2 great talents while maybe not being as complete as the guys they went for?

Everybody were saying that we needed to look for offense and what did we miss in the end? Will we regret Mattocks one day, no matter how 2-way Wenger becomes?

Old
11-03-2012, 02:36 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
By the way, why exactly are you guys hating on De Santis?
Because he's always interfering with coach decisions. That's why Limniatis and Dos Santos left. Despite that, despite horrendous trades and signings in the USL/NASL, he's still here. He's overly protected. I might have improved in his recruitment but he's still an arrogant ******* who can't let the coach do his job.

Also, how to forget how he treated the Ultras last year, saying they are not real fans...

Old
11-03-2012, 02:37 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just asking, and it is a question, I like soccer but I'm a rookie really....But no matter what Marsh was or wasn't, did the Impact lost their place in the playoffs BEFORE the season started?

If we play "What if"....what if they keep Eddie Johnson and draft Darren Mattocks? Would they suddenly become clearly better than what they are? Did they got caught in trying to be all-around better instead of going with 2 great talents while maybe not being as complete as the guys they went for?

Everybody were saying that we needed to look for offense and what did we miss in the end? Will we regret Mattocks one day, no matter how 2-way Wenger becomes?
Eddie Johnson didn't want to play here. He wanted to play in the U.S.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Eddie Johnson didn't want to play here. He wanted to play in the U.S.
Didn't know that. Thanks. So I guess we couldn't have better value for him then.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:40 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Didn't know that. Thanks. So I guess we couldn't have better value for him then.
But you have a point considering Wenger and Mattocks... I don't know if the organization picked the right player.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:54 PM
justsomeguy

Certainly not what I was expecting to hear. Glad I didn't go to Maxi, like I'd planned to do.

Lots of silly speculation before hand. I figured they were going to loan Camara to the new basketball team. The way he flaps his arms when he doesn't have the ball reminded me of a guy on the Globetrotters the first time I saw him play.

"A l'amiable" sounds a lot like my divorce and it really wasn't all that friendly a deal. As in that matter, I think there was more pushing than jumping.

On the plus side - they had coffee and doughnuts as a bit of an apology for getting everyone out of bed. And I found the earbuds I forgot last Saturday.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Certainly not what I was expecting to hear. Glad I didn't go to Maxi, like I'd planned to do.

Lots of silly speculation before hand. I figured they were going to loan Camara to the new basketball team. The way he flaps his arms when he doesn't have the ball reminded me of a guy on the Globetrotters the first time I saw him play.

"A l'amiable" sounds a lot like my divorce and it really wasn't all that friendly a deal. As in that matter, I think there was more pushing than jumping.

On the plus side - they had coffee and doughnuts as a bit of an apology for getting everyone out of bed. And I found the earbuds I forgot last Saturday.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Any candidates for coaching as rise up so far outside of Nesta?

Old
11-03-2012, 03:36 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Lol Nesta as coach would be weird..

Old
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

That said, Marsch wasn't the great coach of all time. I won't blame him though. He was a rookie coaching an expansion team that played good football and was in the race until the end. He sure made some mistakes in how he used players and substitutions... In any case, I wish him the best. He made everything to integrate himself in this city and gave it all. From what we saw, he was a great human being.

Now I'm curious to see what's NDS plan... If he has one.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
But you have a point considering Wenger and Mattocks... I don't know if the organization picked the right player.
Everyone has their opinion on this, but from what I've seen, I prefer having Wenger. He's more versatile, you can play him as the lone striker and he will finish or you can have him play behind the striker where he will create chances for others.

Mattocks scored 7 goales in 1300 minutes, while Wenger score 4 in 820 minutes. If you project Wenger's goal total to match the amount of minutes played by Mattocks, he would be at 6.3 goals in 1300 minutes. Mattocks also had the luxury to start twice as many games as Wenger did (15 to 7).

I'm really not worried about Wenger!

Edit: Forgot to add this. At the beginning of the season Wenger missed a lot of practice time since he was still in school.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Everyone has their opinion on this, but from what I've seen, I prefer having Wenger. He's more versatile, you can play him as the lone striker and he will finish or you can have him play behind the striker where he will create chances for others.

Mattocks scored 7 goales in 1300 minutes, while Wenger score 4 in 820 minutes. If you project Wenger's goal total to match the amount of minutes played by Mattocks, he would be at 6.3 goals in 1300 minutes. Mattocks also had the luxury to start twice as many games as Wenger did (15 to 7).

I'm really not worried about Wenger!

Edit: Forgot to add this. At the beginning of the season Wenger missed a lot of practice time since he was still in school.
While Wenger does not have the offensive flair of Mattocks, he is by far the more complete player.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
I wrote that it's partly due to Italians that diving proliferated to every league. .

Old
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
While Wenger does not have the offensive flair of Mattocks, he is by far the more complete player.
Not sure if we can make a hockey comparison, but while it's crucial to have complete players...is sometimes not important to have a 1-way player that could play in your top 6 instead of a tremendous 3rd line centerman?

And, can we make the same comparison than hockey as far as drafting is concerned? Isn't it better to pick in the 1st round a real talent so that you might find a complete player in later rounds? And it's often more complicated to pick a pure talent in those later rounds?

Old
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not sure if we can make a hockey comparison, but while it's crucial to have complete players...is sometimes not important to have a 1-way player that could play in your top 6 instead of a tremendous 3rd line centerman?

And, can we make the same comparison than hockey as far as drafting is concerned? Isn't it better to pick in the 1st round a real talent so that you might find a complete player in later rounds? And it's often more complicated to pick a pure talent in those later rounds?
And the same time, Mattocks is a player that is more likely to bolt for Europe.

Closed Thread