HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bolts-Sharks

Old
09-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Bolts-Sharks

Not a fan of either team, but I just thought of this, and thought, "Wow, this makes a lot of sense."

MSL for Dan Boyle.

Purely as a hockey trade, as I know both have sentimental value to their organizations, but Tampa Bay gets a grizzled veteran to help menor Hedman and lighten his load as well as give them a far more respectable d-core to play in front of Lindback.

The Sharks add an extremely talented winger, giving them one of the best top-6es in the game.

I think value is fair, and addresses a need for both teams.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

vCash: 500
Nope.

MSL is a Bolt for life.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:24 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Dan Boyle back to Tampa Bay? I know it's new owners and all, but . . . ..

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:32 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Not a fan of either team, but I just thought of this, and thought, "Wow, this makes a lot of sense."

MSL for Dan Boyle.

Purely as a hockey trade, as I know both have sentimental value to their organizations, but Tampa Bay gets a grizzled veteran to help menor Hedman and lighten his load as well as give them a far more respectable d-core to play in front of Lindback.

The Sharks add an extremely talented winger, giving them one of the best top-6es in the game.

I think value is fair, and addresses a need for both teams.
Not trying to sound like a dick, but are you drunk? Maybe that would make sense then.

1) Where would Boyle play? Carle, Salo, Hedman, Brewer as top 4 right now. So does Salo become our number 5? or Carle? Hedman? Brewer? Those are high priced #5 D men.

2) Who is number 1 RW? Purcell? Then who is #2? JT Brown? Benoit Pouliot? Malone? Seriously Marty leaving opens up a huge freaking hole that would cripple us.

3) Marty is the heart and soul of the Bolts. He will retire a Bolt, just like Vinny. Plus he is signed to a great cap hit for what he does.

These are the most glaring reasons. I can't speak for the Sharks, but these are the reasons for us. So no, and if this trade you propose makes sense to you, then don't post any other trades. Stick to what you know, the Canucks.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Not trying to sound like a dick, but are you drunk? Maybe that would make sense then.

1) Where would Boyle play? Carle, Salo, Hedman, Brewer as top 4 right now. So does Salo become our number 5? or Carle? Hedman? Brewer? Those are high priced #5 D men.

2) Who is number 1 RW? Purcell? Then who is #2? JT Brown? Benoit Pouliot? Malone? Seriously Marty leaving opens up a huge freaking hole that would cripple us.

3) Marty is the heart and soul of the Bolts. He will retire a Bolt, just like Vinny. Plus he is signed to a great cap hit for what he does.

These are the most glaring reasons. I can't speak for the Sharks, but these are the reasons for us. So no, and if this trade you propose makes sense to you, then don't post any other trades. Stick to what you know, the Canucks.
Geez, calm down.

Salo will likely miss a good chunk of the season, and Boyle would be better than any of those defenseman. There is no doubt Tampa's defense needs more work than their offense, maybe Connolly can step up in that role?

And as I said, I understand both hold sentimental value to their organizations, but Tampa would definitely be a better team after this trade, especially in helping Hedman and Lindback develop.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Won't happen. St.Louis isn't going anywhere.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
IdealisticSniper

Hell no.

IdealisticSniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Yzerman didn't just give Matt Carle one of the biggest contract overpayments ever just to replace him with Boyle.

Awful deal for the Lightning when looking at asset management.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:43 PM
PayItForward

I don't see MSL playing for any other team but the Lightning.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Geez, calm down.

Salo will likely miss a good chunk of the season, and Boyle would be better than any of those defenseman. There is no doubt Tampa's defense needs more work than their offense, maybe Connolly can step up in that role?

And as I said, I understand both hold sentimental value to their organizations, but Tampa would definitely be a better team after this trade, especially in helping Hedman and Lindback develop.
How would Boyle help Lindback develop? Hedman is fine, that is why we brought Salo in also. Boyle would be a significant upgrade, but the HUGE downgrade we get from losing Marty would completely outweigh any benefit of getting Boyle.

Connolly to move up in that role in his second year is unrealistic. He needs a year or 2 more. He has the skills, and training with Stammer this year (Also in case people didn't know Kadri did too this year.) will only help him.

This trade makes no sense in the Bolts point of view. We have good young D man to come up in the inevitable injury of Salo. I also think Salo won't miss too much time, mostly because of the defensive style of Boucher, he has low risk to injure.

And I think Marty can bring in way more in a trade then just Boyle too.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Yzerman didn't just give Matt Carle one of the biggest contract overpayments ever just to replace him with Boyle.

Hyperbole much.

IdealisticSniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post

Boyle-Hedman
Carle-Brewer
Salo-Bergeron
Ohlund

Is a solid top-6

Old
09-09-2012, 10:47 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Boyle-Hedman
Carle-Brewer
Salo-Bergeron
Ohlund

Is a solid top-6
Ohlund isn't coming back.

But what do we do with Lee and Aulie? 1-way contracts. Our D is set, and it is a 100% better then last year.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Boyle-Hedman
Carle-Brewer
Salo-Bergeron
Ohlund

Is a solid top-6
Also that line is made of Glass.

Old
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
, but Tampa would definitely be a better team after this trade, especially in helping Hedman and Lindback develop.
They really wouldn't be. Boyle would be a good addition, but losing MSL just creates another hole.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
How would Boyle help Lindback develop? Hedman is fine, that is why we brought Salo in also. Boyle would be a significant upgrade, but the HUGE downgrade we get from losing Marty would completely outweigh any benefit of getting Boyle.

Connolly to move up in that role in his second year is unrealistic. He needs a year or 2 more. He has the skills, and training with Stammer this year (Also in case people didn't know Kadri did too this year.) will only help him.

This trade makes no sense in the Bolts point of view. We have good young D man to come up in the inevitable injury of Salo. I also think Salo won't miss too much time, mostly because of the defensive style of Boucher, he has low risk to injure.

And I think Marty can bring in way more in a trade then just Boyle too.
No offense, but Boyle would be a much better mentor for Hedman than Salo, and would also provide a stabilizing presence so Lindback goes from having two of the top 5 defensemen in the league in front of him to the team with the worst GAA in the league last year.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

I believe that St. Louis holds more value than Boyle. The Lightning would never make this deal. St. Louis is by many accounts the "real" captain of the Lightning. I also think that this "mentoring" concept that I see in so many proposals is a load of nonsense in most cases.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Also that line is made of Glass.
Perfect for Keith Aulie and such to step up and fill that role when it happens.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
No offense, but Boyle would be a much better mentor for Hedman than Salo, and would also provide a stabilizing presence so Lindback goes from having two of the top 5 defensemen in the league in front of him to the team with the worst GAA in the league last year.
Roloson was horribad last year. We only had 2 top 4 defenseman. Now we have 4. Our GAA won't be the worst next year any more. Marty could bring a lot more than Boyle. And Boyle is one of the best D man in the league, not top 5 though.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Roloson was horribad last year. We only had 2 top 4 defenseman. Now we have 4. Our GAA won't be the worst next year any more. Marty could bring a lot more than Boyle. And Boyle is one of the best D man in the league, not top 5 though.
I didn't say he was, only that going from Weber-Suter to having only Hedman as a legitimate top pairing defenseman in front of him will likely not be an easy transition.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

St. Louis is much too important to trade for Dan Boyle straight up. Tampa declines no doubt, Sharks would be thrilled if it happens, and that says something, as Boyle fills a very important role for the Sharks and is a damn good player in his own right.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

MSL would look really good with Marleau and Thornton, that's for sure. I'm OK with this.

Marleau - Thornton - MSL
Havlat - Pavelski - Clowe
Wingels - Couture - Galiardi
Burish - Handzus - Desjardins

Burns - Vlasic
Demers - Stuart
Braun - Murray/Petrecki

And we save $1 million off the cap so we can get some more depth at the deadline. Losing Boyle does suck though if Demers can't turn it around this year.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Perfect for Keith Aulie and such to step up and fill that role when it happens.
So the plan is, trade the heart and soul, one of the best wingers in the league, and arguably the best Bolt ever, for a D man and bank on 2 of them to get injured so our other ones can play? What the hell is the point?

Old
09-09-2012, 10:55 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
I didn't say he was, only that going from Weber-Suter to having only Hedman as a legitimate top pairing defenseman in front of him will likely not be an easy transition.
Oh I see. My bad

Old
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
St. Louis is much too important to trade for Dan Boyle straight up. Tampa declines no doubt, Sharks would be thrilled if it happens, and that says something, as Boyle fills a very important role for the Sharks and is a damn good player in his own right.
What do you think the Sharks would have to add? Probably top-6 help like Havlat or something? With maybe a minor defenseman like Bergeron going the other way to make room for youth?