HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper league advice- pick four

Old
09-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Todd Skill

vCash: 500
Keeper league advice- pick four

Our league is going ahead with their draft despite the labour issues (which is a pain in the ass). I have to pick four guys off of this roster. Points are allocated as follows:

F- pts = 1
D- G = 1.5, A = 1, +/- = 1(-1)
G- W = 2, SO, = 3
Enf- PIM x .5

Each week we start 5 F, 3 D, 1 G, 1 Enf

Players of value from my roster
Backstrom (was)
Perry
Stamkos
Neil
Kane (wpg)
Skinner
Luongo
Schneider

Pretty dead set on Stamkos, Perry, Backstrom. The fourth keeper though- dunno. Neil is a safe goon in this pool. None of my D was worth keeping. Kane and Skinner are decent long term assets, but didn't have stellar numbers last year, plus I'd be keeping 4 fwds and I kind of wanted to spread it out a bit. Friggin Loungo and Schneider isn't sorted out because of the labour dispute. I was leaning towards Schneider just because he's likely a starter on a great team, but if Lou doesn't get traded, it's a mess. Thoughts? (12 team league)

Todd Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Deen

vCash: 133
With Jordan Staal and Alex Semin coming to Carolina, Skinner's numbers are either gonna skyrocket or decrease dramatically depending on what Carolina decides to run for lines during the season and on the power play. I think Kane is the safe bet, but I would probably be inclined to go with Skinner just because of the upside. If Luongo gets dealt to Florida then I would pick him 10/10 times, but with such a big question mark over his head I think you should probably leave him.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:04 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Stamkos, Backstrom, Perry, are absolute keepers from your team.

How many bench players are on each teams roster? That could defiantly be the difference between keeping a goalie or waiting til the the re-draft to grab a goalie.

In a 12 team league where each team has the option of taking 2+ goalies, I'd like to make sure I have at least one solid goalie, if the league only allows for one goalie, than with 12 teams you can wait til the end to take a goalie, as it's pretty much a crap shoot in the goalie department, and your guaranteed someone good anyways.

I would defiantly cross off Neil from the list. There's no need to keep an enforcer, as there will be plenty come draft day, and while there are guys that are consistently high in the PIM department, the order of whose on top is a crap shoot, and if your enforcer does bad there's always going to be a good option to replace them in the free agent pool.

Kane and Skinner is probably more of a preference thing, because I could see either one of these guys being better this year than the other, and have no definite opinion of one guy being superior this year and moving forward. But personally I'd take Kane by a slim margin over Skinner, base on preference.

So forth keeper I'd probably go with Kane, unless there's a bench that allows for an extra goalie, because if you have the option of carrying two goalie, your goalies will hold some extra weight. Choosing between your two goalies I'd lean towards Schneider over Luongo because of the unknown circumstances around Luongo.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Todd Skill

^Thanks. We have a handful of bench players that can be any position.

Todd Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Hutzler

Backstrom, Perry and Stamkos (no brainer)...

As for your 4th I would go with Schneider if you have no other goalies that you were keeping. If you do have a different decent starting goalie that you have already decided you were keeping than I would go with Skinner.

Hutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Skill View Post
^Thanks. We have a handful of bench players that can be any position.
Figured, as you have multiple goalies in your possible keeper selections, but because you had no mention of it, and you mentioned everything else, I was wondering if maybe your league decided to do away with bench players for the coming season.

So with bench players added, I probably want to keep a goalie. 12 teams, with the potential of most teams having 2, and some even having three, I would probably want to make sure I have one goalie locked up headed in to draft day.

In terms of who to keep as your 4th:

1. Schneider - He's the number one goalie in Vancouver, and it's really his spot to lose, and Schneider is far too good to put up a complete stinker of a year. Plus I like the fact of having two goalies, seeing as how the bench allows for it.

2. E. Kane - Slight preference over Skinner here, but I feel like he should be a bit better, but it's really a crap shoot between the two, when only counting all points as worth 1.

3. Skinner - Slighty less preferred, but honestly can't go wrong with him over Kane.

4. Luongo - Too much unknown to use your last keeper selection on, but has the potential to be the best pick of your possible keepers.

End of the day you can't really go wrong with any of your options, none stand out more so than the other, and there are no guarantees, one will be above the others. It's all about preference.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote