HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM / MTL Comrie trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 09:39 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 500
EDM / MTL Comrie trade

How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.

I know that Comrie is small, but really, the idea of having top beefy centers is soooo corny. How many is there is the NHL anyway? Instead, I'm all for a bigger team overall. Still, if MTL has the chance to upgrade its line-up at a price not too high, why not? Comrie would be a good second line center, providing enough offewnce for Zednik, Bulis and co.

From EDM stand point, they add a good prospect. A once blue chipper, still young enough, for a player which gave them lots of contract problems.

Old
09-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
change perreault with Hossa

Old
09-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Perreault = no trade clause, also too much cash

Old
09-19-2003, 09:46 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars

Perrault can be dumped.

And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.
So if Perreault can be dumped, and Hainsey isn't pleasing Montreal with his development, why would the Oilers want a pair of Montreal cast-off's for their top line centre?

Old
09-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Perreault = no trade clause, also too much cash
perreault will waive is no trade clause and we'll pay 1m$
(he's signed for 1 year at 2.7)
so you'll have him for 1.7 ... that will let u the time to fully develops ur young prospects..
btw perrault isnt that bad IMO

Old
09-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Jeffrey

anyway im just trying to help ff on mars..
because IMO we dont need comrie..

Old
09-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Chayos

Quote:

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.

I know that Comrie is small, but really, the idea of having top beefy centers is soooo corny. How many is there is the NHL anyway? Instead, I'm all for a bigger team overall. Still, if MTL has the chance to upgrade its line-up at a price not too high, why not? Comrie would be a good second line center, providing enough offewnce for Zednik, Bulis and co.

From EDM stand point, they add a good prospect. A once blue chipper, still young enough, for a player which gave them lots of contract problems.
From an oiler standpoint I would at least consider this, but int he end unless we get a more usable 2nd player i would say no dice. I think it would take another prospect like Perezogin or Hossa to go with Hainsey to make this deal more palatable for the oilers. Maybe something like Comrie and Chimera for Hossa or perezoghin and Hainsey.

Old
09-19-2003, 09:56 PM
loveshack2

Quote:

I dont think it's too terrible, but Edmonton would want something more substantive. Think about it, in a year Perrault will again be UFA and Edmonton won't be able to afford him, so they're left with Hainsey for Comrie. Does that seem fair to you?

Old
09-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
And the word Proposal wouldn't hurt either, just in case someone was thinking Montreal acquired Comrie.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:52 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
I dont think it's too terrible, but Edmonton would want something more substantive. Think about it, in a year Perrault will again be UFA and Edmonton won't be able to afford him, so they're left with Hainsey for Comrie. Does that seem fair to you?
Personally, it seems fair to me. Hainsey still holds a lot of value. There is a logjam in D, that is why he can't make the team. Also, Hainsey hasn't developed like I would have liked, but he's still 21. He has time and he maybe needs a change of scenery. He's way too young to be a bust.

For Perreault, he would be a short time replaceent until th Oilers find a prospect to replace Comrie. He has 1 year left and doesn't make too much money. Given icetime, he could easily score 20-25 goals.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:08 AM
windowlicker

from the 2000-2001 rookie class, comrie has stayed statistically on thesame level as Havlat and Gaborik (and if it wasnt for his finger injury last year, maybe would be ahead), and yet all these wonderfull trade proposals come out of the woodwork. i say start banning threads with the words "comrie", because they are really starting to aggrivate.

yes, us oiler fans and the media are not very pro-mike at this time, but we know what kind of a talent he is at his age, so no, you wont get him for your cast-offs.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:49 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
from the 2000-2001 rookie class, comrie has stayed statistically on thesame level as Havlat and Gaborik (and if it wasnt for his finger injury last year, maybe would be ahead), and yet all these wonderfull trade proposals come out of the woodwork. i say start banning threads with the words "comrie", because they are really starting to aggrivate.

yes, us oiler fans and the media are not very pro-mike at this time, but we know what kind of a talent he is at his age, so no, you wont get him for your cast-offs.
Hainsey a cast-off? What the hell are you talking about? Every time there's a crappy hab proposal, the 1st reply IO see is "start with Komisarek or Hainsey"...

Old
09-20-2003, 10:46 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:

I somehow fail to then see the logic from an Edmonton PoV... Also, it isn't like the Habs have the greatest line-up of defensemen in the league, so if Hainsey cannot make it again, that does not bode well for him...

Old
09-20-2003, 11:00 AM
tinyzombies

It's not a good trade from either standpoint. Montreal would have to give up a lot more than Hainsey to get Comrie and Comrie doesn't address our needs really. I would love him as our 2nd line center, but we badly need someone with size for that job.

Closed Thread