HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM / MTL Comrie trade proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2003, 09:39 PM
  #1
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
EDM / MTL Comrie trade

How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.

I know that Comrie is small, but really, the idea of having top beefy centers is soooo corny. How many is there is the NHL anyway? Instead, I'm all for a bigger team overall. Still, if MTL has the chance to upgrade its line-up at a price not too high, why not? Comrie would be a good second line center, providing enough offewnce for Zednik, Bulis and co.

From EDM stand point, they add a good prospect. A once blue chipper, still young enough, for a player which gave them lots of contract problems.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:41 PM
  #2
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
change perreault with Hossa

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:43 PM
  #3
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,786
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Perreault = no trade clause, also too much cash

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:46 PM
  #4
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped.

And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.
So if Perreault can be dumped, and Hainsey isn't pleasing Montreal with his development, why would the Oilers want a pair of Montreal cast-off's for their top line centre?

__________________
Get your copy of FC's 2014 NHL DRAFT GUIDE now!
Don't forget to pick up FC's 2014 Newsletter series too!
Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:47 PM
  #5
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Perreault = no trade clause, also too much cash
perreault will waive is no trade clause and we'll pay 1m$
(he's signed for 1 year at 2.7)
so you'll have him for 1.7 ... that will let u the time to fully develops ur young prospects..
btw perrault isnt that bad IMO

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:48 PM
  #6
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
anyway im just trying to help ff on mars..
because IMO we dont need comrie..

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:49 PM
  #7
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.

I know that Comrie is small, but really, the idea of having top beefy centers is soooo corny. How many is there is the NHL anyway? Instead, I'm all for a bigger team overall. Still, if MTL has the chance to upgrade its line-up at a price not too high, why not? Comrie would be a good second line center, providing enough offewnce for Zednik, Bulis and co.

From EDM stand point, they add a good prospect. A once blue chipper, still young enough, for a player which gave them lots of contract problems.
From an oiler standpoint I would at least consider this, but int he end unless we get a more usable 2nd player i would say no dice. I think it would take another prospect like Perezogin or Hossa to go with Hainsey to make this deal more palatable for the oilers. Maybe something like Comrie and Chimera for Hossa or perezoghin and Hainsey.

Chayos is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:56 PM
  #8
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.

From EDM stand point, they add a good prospect. A once blue chipper, still young enough, for a player which gave them lots of contract problems.

I dont think it's too terrible, but Edmonton would want something more substantive. Think about it, in a year Perrault will again be UFA and Edmonton won't be able to afford him, so they're left with Hainsey for Comrie. Does that seem fair to you?

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
09-19-2003, 09:57 PM
  #9
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
And the word Proposal wouldn't hurt either, just in case someone was thinking Montreal acquired Comrie.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
09-20-2003, 07:52 AM
  #10
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
I dont think it's too terrible, but Edmonton would want something more substantive. Think about it, in a year Perrault will again be UFA and Edmonton won't be able to afford him, so they're left with Hainsey for Comrie. Does that seem fair to you?
Personally, it seems fair to me. Hainsey still holds a lot of value. There is a logjam in D, that is why he can't make the team. Also, Hainsey hasn't developed like I would have liked, but he's still 21. He has time and he maybe needs a change of scenery. He's way too young to be a bust.

For Perreault, he would be a short time replaceent until th Oilers find a prospect to replace Comrie. He has 1 year left and doesn't make too much money. Given icetime, he could easily score 20-25 goals.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
09-20-2003, 08:08 AM
  #11
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
from the 2000-2001 rookie class, comrie has stayed statistically on thesame level as Havlat and Gaborik (and if it wasnt for his finger injury last year, maybe would be ahead), and yet all these wonderfull trade proposals come out of the woodwork. i say start banning threads with the words "comrie", because they are really starting to aggrivate.

yes, us oiler fans and the media are not very pro-mike at this time, but we know what kind of a talent he is at his age, so no, you wont get him for your cast-offs.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
09-20-2003, 08:49 AM
  #12
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
from the 2000-2001 rookie class, comrie has stayed statistically on thesame level as Havlat and Gaborik (and if it wasnt for his finger injury last year, maybe would be ahead), and yet all these wonderfull trade proposals come out of the woodwork. i say start banning threads with the words "comrie", because they are really starting to aggrivate.

yes, us oiler fans and the media are not very pro-mike at this time, but we know what kind of a talent he is at his age, so no, you wont get him for your cast-offs.
Hainsey a cast-off? What the hell are you talking about? Every time there's a crappy hab proposal, the 1st reply IO see is "start with Komisarek or Hainsey"...

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
09-20-2003, 10:46 AM
  #13
DutchLeafsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
How about Comrie for Hainsey + Perrault?

Perrault can be dumped. Ribeiro (our supposevly future 2nd center... lol) aint ****. And Hainsey won't make the team -again- this year. I don't think anybody in Montreal is happy with his development. + There's too many Dman in the lineup.
I somehow fail to then see the logic from an Edmonton PoV... Also, it isn't like the Habs have the greatest line-up of defensemen in the league, so if Hainsey cannot make it again, that does not bode well for him...

DutchLeafsfan is offline  
Old
09-20-2003, 11:00 AM
  #14
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
It's not a good trade from either standpoint. Montreal would have to give up a lot more than Hainsey to get Comrie and Comrie doesn't address our needs really. I would love him as our 2nd line center, but we badly need someone with size for that job.

tinyzombies is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.