HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Favorite Soccer teams????

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2005, 07:12 AM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned Citizen
EPL is more spectacular and offensive minded than Serie A. That does't mean it's better. Who is better, Oilers or Devils?
EPL is by far the most hyped and probably the richest championship in the world. But jsut watch Italian games. Watch Palermo or Sampdoria, even Lecce, they play a very complete, balanced, tactically and technically sound game. Watch Everton or middle of the pack teams of the EPL, it's totally different.
The top three english team can compete with the top three italian teams. But if there were games between average and bad teams of those two championships, Italian teams would win most of them. Serie A is a lot deeper than EPL.
we're talking soccer here not hockey... and your point about Everton... excuse me... they are a very well balanced side maybe not as technically gifted as the italians teams, however english clubs have never been!!! Though claims that you think middle of the league english teams couldn't beat middle of the league italian teams sounds obscure to me.. 'Boro are mid table and they've played very well against Italian teams they've faced this year. However i'm gonna to agree to disagree on this one... as i could discuss this point until i'm blue in the face and we'd still not get a solution...

Old
02-03-2005, 05:38 PM
UKHabsFan

I agree with English Hab on this one (not just cause he's a buddy) but i believe that the current top 9 or so clubs in the EPL could all hold their own against the middle of the road clubs in Italy in fact probably win the majority of them, the standard of the EPL has had to shoot up drastically in recent times in order for the other clubs in it to compete with the likes of Man U, Arsenal , Liverpool and now Chelsea and hence the closer the races for titles (ok this season is a forgone conclusion as Chelsea have it wrapped up) but all the teams in the top 10 have a chance to make it in to Europe next season and they all should do pretty darn good when they get there in my opinion.

Well I do belive that is one of the few times that English Hab and me have agreed on something related to soccer apart form the fact the George Graham sucks so later all.

Old
02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned Citizen
Henry scored very few goals this year for the French national team. He was a flop at Euro 2004 (as was the entire team), he was a flop in last world cup. Euro 2000 was probably his best tournament, but he only scored 3 goals, that's not what you'd call a scoring machine...
Understand me, I do think he is an awesome player, and one of the best strikers in the world, but I will not admit that he is the Superman medias want us to believe he is until he really dominates an international tournament OR be decisive in quarters semi or final of the Champion's league OR prove he can compete for a scoring title iin Spain or Italy. He's not that dominant outside Great Britain...
Totally agree with this. It's something that really bothers me when people were outraged that Henry didn't win the European or FIFA footballers of the year. He has done squat for France in the last two tournaments. Furthermore, I really think that Henry disappears against the better teams. That was evidenced in Champions League last year (and the year before), and against Manchester United, almost everytime.

Old
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Istvan

I may have to check out Bayern Leverkeusen sp? since local youngster Landon Donovan joined that club. Are they any good?

Old
02-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
I may have to check out Bayern Leverkeusen sp? since local youngster Landon Donovan joined that club. Are they any good?
It's Bayer Leverkusen . They are 4th in the German Bundesliga, and will play against Liverpool FC in the round of 16 of the Champions League.

Old
02-04-2005, 01:53 PM
dre

Portuguese National team and Benfica.

Old
02-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
It's Bayer Leverkusen . They are 4th in the German Bundesliga, and will play against Liverpool FC in the round of 16 of the Champions League.
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Closed Thread