HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

fedorov

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
fedorov

Shut the **** up

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=54426

"not a problem to be back in a red wing uniform."

I dont care that he left, water under the bridge.

But to come out and say this....i think he needs his head checked.

If you wanted to sign with the wings, you would have moron. Now go into the ducks lockerroom, you know the place you settled on.

What lovely respect he shows the ducks organization.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
guinness
those were the days

Who cares, he's been gone for almost 2 months and he'll get the playing time he wanted in Anaheim and be the big show that he couldn't be in Detroit behind Yzerman.

No matter how cloudy his head is, he couldn't be that stupid to turn down $40-50 million from Illitch if he wanted to stay, he's trying to save face so that Hatcher doesn't beat his ass when the Ducks play at the Joe.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

i liked Federov ... now i think he's just a punk ass

Old
09-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Maybe i should post a poll to see how many people think he's going to pick up those player options...If i remember correctly he can get out of anaheim in 2 years, maybe he'll go to NY to enojy his time with Jeter, or hey, i hear Miami's nightlife is the best.

Old
09-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Zodiac

What a tool.

I'm sure the Ducks love to hear this stuff.

Old
09-19-2003, 12:52 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

I'm frankly blown away by this article.

An interview w/ Fedorov was printed just the other day which directly contradicts some of the statements made in this particular article (regarding the contract negotiations).

Old
09-19-2003, 01:01 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
I'm frankly blown away by this article.

An interview w/ Fedorov was printed just the other day which directly contradicts some of the statements made in this particular article (regarding the contract negotiations).
Link?

Anyhow, this TSN article was probably taken out of context just to get a rise out of people. I still think he just wanted out of Detroit; he didn't like playing second fiddle and wanted more minutes, money wasn't the issue. Don't think Anna was it either, it's not like she lives around here and he'd run into her everyday.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Adityase

Send a message via AIM to Adityase
This doesn't make me mad because I'm overcome with confusion. what a weird thing to say. \

Strange.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:11 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

I'm not sure if I can find the link. Maybe someone else can.

It was a California newspaper, and in the interview (which was a very good one) he talked about the Wings not really making him a serious offer and not really feeling likey wanted him to stay.

He was very eloquent in the iterview.

Now, in THIS interview, he sounds like a completely different person, and he gives totally different reasons for leaving Detroit (i.e., his failed relationship).

Maybe someone else can help.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:41 PM
PigPen

Maybe he made those statements because he might regret going to anaheim?

Old
09-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

I think he realized that he needs another million or so...

Old
09-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Was I the only one who didn't think that article was bad?? The guy said he was having personal problems and his head was not in the right place. He said nothing about being unhappy in Anaheim nor did he say that leaving Detroit was a mistake. What he did say though, was that it was not Detroits fault and he didn't have a problem being a Red Wings uniform.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:08 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Maybe he made those statements because he might regret going to anaheim?
Sure didn't seem like it in his other interview.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Was I the only one who didn't think that article was bad?? The guy said he was having personal problems and his head was not in the right place. He said nothing about being unhappy in Anaheim nor did he say that leaving Detroit was a mistake. What he did say though, was that it was not Detroits fault and he didn't have a problem being a Red Wings uniform.

I hated him since day 1 ...so anything he says bothers me.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:24 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Link?

Anyhow, this TSN article was probably taken out of context just to get a rise out of people. I still think he just wanted out of Detroit; he didn't like playing second fiddle and wanted more minutes, money wasn't the issue. Don't think Anna was it either, it's not like she lives around here and he'd run into her everyday.
Albom's interview likely hit the AP Wire, and then the CP wire, and TSN's web editors butchered the hell out of the thing.
Those same comments in the full interview have a completely different meaning.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:25 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:

It was a California newspaper, and in the interview (which was a very good one) he talked about the Wings not really making him a serious offer and not really feeling likey wanted him to stay.

Now, in THIS interview, he sounds like a completely different person, and he gives totally different reasons for leaving Detroit (i.e., his failed relationship).

It's called selective editing. TSN should be ashamed of itself.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:34 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
No dude. I thought it was a pretty candid article.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:59 PM
shveik

Here is the interview on which the TSN writeup is based:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercuryne...ts/6806307.htm

Old
09-19-2003, 04:16 PM
190Octane

As a Duck fan I'm not pissed in the slightest.. he seems happy to be here.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:

Here's a writeup from the OC Register:

With the Ducks, Fedorov will be the unquestioned top-line anchor, leaving center Steve Rucchin in the perfect No. 2 role, where he might be as effective as anyone in the NHL. As the go-to guy, Fedorov will be expected to shoulder heavy responsibility at key times, especially in the playoffs.

"I was looking for that particular employment in Detroit," Fedorov said. "Unfortunately, it didn't happen, but we did succeed as a team. That was more important than Sergei Fedorov. Playing the kind of role I think I will be playing, I'm thrilled. I enjoy the challenge that I will be a leading player. It will be more work for me, but I'm up for it. I'm looking forward to a different type of season."

Old
09-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

And another:

"It will be tough to leave a group of guys who were a family to me ... blood, tears and glory for so long," Fedorov said of the Red Wings, his teammates since 1990, Stanley Cup winners three times. "But I believe Anaheim has demanding standards. It's not a fluke that they went to the Finals because they beat us and then another good team (Dallas). They went to Game 7 (against New Jersey), which tells you something."
"There's no friction [with old teammates]," Fedorov said. "I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with. There's no bitterness to leave Detroit. It's been a wonderful ride. Everybody, and that includes every person in this world, needs to change at some point. I'm up for a challenge."

Old
09-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

No idea Fedorov was living in Newport, would be cool to run into him at Baja Fresh sometime.

As for the interview, I think he misses Detroit a bit, but thats usual, its hard to move from a place where you had been for well over a decade. But I also think he is happy to be with the Ducks, just needs to get adjusted.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
No, you are not alone.

I'm still trying to figure out just how far cynicism can go. As you said, the guy had marriage issues, he didn't bad-mouth the team he left (as so many do), and he certainly didn't say anything negative about the Ducks. Why is it so hard to take a guy at his word?

I'm guessing the same people ripping him here would be jumping on him for saying how happy he was to be in Anaheim. ("Ungrateful traitor!")

As for "water under the bridge" - the guy owes Detroit nothing. He gave them 13 solid seasons, and was a major contributor to three Stanley Cup winners. He earned his money while there. He chose to move on. End of story.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Vlad The Impaler

It wasn't very tactful of Fedorov but I don't see why some are pissed.

Hockey has been made into a business full of mercenaries thanks to losers like Trevor Linden, Bob Goodenow, Players agents and a great many owners, Illitch being very much a part of all this.

It's nothing new. If you talk to many players without a microphone, they'll tell you the things Fedorov is saying. Sergei has just always been very weak in PR but in reality, I see a great many players tell their lies and ******** and I don't think that's any better or worse.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

So is Fedorov officially a head case or what? I cannot find any logic behind his comments, let alone this article in itself...

Closed Thread