HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

fedorov

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 08:43 PM
ehc73

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
I think he realized that he needs another million or so...
Uh, as I recall, Detroit offered him a $10 million per year contract. He signed for 8, didn't he? And wasn't the problem with Detroit's offer the length of the contract?

And I agree with Newsguyone. The media loves to take quotes out of context. Talk about pouncing on a tidbit and blowing it the hell out of proportion. But if Federov really was like that...well...he's just being an arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
So is Fedorov officially a head case or what?
Well, he DID break up with Anna Kournikova...

Old
09-19-2003, 08:55 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Uh, as I recall, Detroit offered him a $10 million per year contract. He signed for 8, didn't he? And wasn't the problem with Detroit's offer the length of the contract?
According to Fedorov (in the interview) they did not actually ofer him that.

Old
09-19-2003, 09:31 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
According to Fedorov (in the interview) they did not actually ofer him that.
5 and 50 and 4 and 40.

then 4 for 32 when they bombed in th playoffs.

he proposed a deal for 11 a season after the round 1 bomb.

he wanted out, no more no less

Old
09-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
As for "water under the bridge" - the guy owes Detroit nothing. He gave them 13 solid seasons, and was a major contributor to three Stanley Cup winners. He earned his money while there. He chose to move on. End of story.
Totally agree and I'm as big a Wings fan as anyone. In fact, I find it kind of a shame that people can be so bitter towards a guy who gave us so much and brought so much success to our team. Not to mention the fact that the Wings have been as shrewd as any team in taking advantage of the free agency system, and so the times it works against them (Fedorov, Lapointe - although I really think that one worked in our favour ) shouldn't be taken so personally. I had no problems with the Wings cutting Chris Osgood loose, despite the fact that he is one of my all-time favorite players and was a great member of the team, because it was a move done to improve the club. By the same token, the players on the team should feel free to leave when to benefit their personal careers.

Old
09-19-2003, 10:49 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
5 and 50 and 4 and 40.

then 4 for 32 when they bombed in th playoffs.

he proposed a deal for 11 a season after the round 1 bomb.

he wanted out, no more no less
Dude, I said according to Fedorov he never got the alleged offer.

So, according to Detroit all the above offers took place. Fine.

According to HIM, he never received the above -- or any -- offer this summer from the Red Wings.

Fedorov:

.. "I just like to say only one simple thing - the media wrote about me rejecting all those deals left and right, you know? I did not reject one deal. And I never thought to do that, especially, personally, the offer from Mike Ilitch. It was just not on the table. And another deal we got so close that Red Wings did not choose to pursue and sign."

I really do not care one iota which party is misrepresenting the truth here. Neither the Wings or Ducks are my team. But, you must acknowledge all your information your are haughtily declaring as fact is ultimately emanating from your favorite team.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Totally agree and I'm as big a Wings fan as anyone. In fact, I find it kind of a shame that people can be so bitter towards a guy who gave us so much and brought so much success to our team.
We need less people like these and more fans like you! I totally agree with everything you've said!

Old
09-20-2003, 10:19 AM
The_Wiz

Fedorov left Detroit because he was ashamed after getting dumped by Anna !!!!!!!!! ahahahahaha

This guy is such a wimp !!! That pic of him cover in rubby duckies fits him to a "T"

Closed Thread