HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg / Philadelphia

Old
09-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 500
Winnipeg / Philadelphia

To Philadelphia
D Ron Hainsey
2013 2nd Round Pick

To Winnipeg
F Eric Wellwood
D Marc Andre Bourdon

Might have to wait until Bogosian is back first though. Deadline type deal.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:19 AM
StringerBell

Why would either team do this? Hainsey is not the #1 D the Flyers are looking for.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Why would either team do this? Hainsey is not the #1 D the Flyers are looking for.
Because as far as I can tell Philly isn't gonna be able to use Pronger or Meszaros this season and Hainsey can slot in and play second pairing minutes with Grossman if Timonen and Coburn played the top pair. Kicking one of Gervais or Lilja out of the top 6 and replacing with Hainsey works in Philly's favour.

For the Jets, they get an asset back for Hainsey and they swap a pick for another. Both prospects are more ready and closer in age to the Jets core and can contribute to the team quicker than a pick in the 2013 draft could.

Old
09-10-2012, 02:15 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Ron Hainsey may not be all that physical, but he blocks a lot of shots, I cannot see the jets giving him up plus a 2nd for what is being offered. With Marc Andre Bourdon it is tempting, drop the 2nd and the trade might happen.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:01 AM
dookie88

I don't really see a point in trading MAB for Hainsey. Pretty much the same player.
Coburn most likely will play with Grossmann. Like he did for the most part of last season.
Schenn will be given an opportunity here with Timonen.

And why exactly should the Flyers be interested in Wellwood for a second round draft pick? Wellwood is ready or nearly ready to play.

Last edited by dookie88: 09-10-2012 at 03:10 AM.
dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 08:36 AM
BrindamoursNose

Nope from Philly. Hainsey isn't what we need, just more of the same. I'd rather have cheap players like Bourdon and Wellwood

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 08:47 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

no thanks

I am sure we could get a better return for Hainsey

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Easy no for Philly.

Replacing MAB with Hainsey on the third pairing no where near makes up for the additional salary the Flyers would take on or the loss of a solid 4th liner/PKer in Wellwood

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Not really a great trade for either team. Worse for Philly though, they lose two young upcoming players and they don't get the important d-man they need.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Easy no for Philly.

Replacing MAB with Hainsey on the third pairing no where near makes up for the additional salary the Flyers would take on or the loss of a solid 4th liner/PKer in Wellwood
You are correct.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:12 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Because as far as I can tell Philly isn't gonna be able to use Pronger or Meszaros this season and Hainsey can slot in and play second pairing minutes with Grossman if Timonen and Coburn played the top pair. Kicking one of Gervais or Lilja out of the top 6 and replacing with Hainsey works in Philly's favour.

For the Jets, they get an asset back for Hainsey and they swap a pick for another. Both prospects are more ready and closer in age to the Jets core and can contribute to the team quicker than a pick in the 2013 draft could.
I guess Luke Schenn was kidnapped in your scenario?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I guess Luke Schenn was kidnapped in your scenario?
No. I meant he would be on the third pairing and whichever of Gervais or Lilja was with him would be bumped by Hainsey.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Easy no from the Jets. We have enough bottom pairing NHL ready d-men in St.John's. I'd also prefer to get draft picks for Hainsey, instead of giving them up (2013 2nd).

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:48 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
No. I meant he would be on the third pairing and whichever of Gervais or Lilja was with him would be bumped by Hainsey.
luke schenn will play in the top 4 unless a definite established defenseman comes in and even then might be in the top 4, the flyers are in need of a strong offensive defenseman, they have a great shot blocker in grossman, so unless there's a deal centered around enstrom or bogosian i don't see the flyers having any interest (i'm excluding byfuglien because i dont see the flyers getting him without a severe overpayment)

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:54 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
luke schenn will play in the top 4 unless a definite established defenseman comes in and even then might be in the top 4, the flyers are in need of a strong offensive defenseman, they have a great shot blocker in grossman, so unless there's a deal centered around enstrom or bogosian i don't see the flyers having any interest (i'm excluding byfuglien because i dont see the flyers getting him without a severe overpayment)
Bogo is the guy you would need to drastically overpay for...after his development last season, his age and skill set he is as close to an untouchable as the Jets have. I can't see the Jets moving Enstrom after he just inked a long term deal...True North doesn't operate that way. I'm curious what you think a fair offer for Buff is, as I usually only see lowball proposals for him.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:13 AM
DohBruins

Philly isn't rebuilding.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
Philly isn't rebuilding.
Trading prospects for developed talent = rebuilding?

I don't think Hainsey is the defenseman they need, but they are also one injury away from catastrophe on the backend. While moving Wellwood for a 2nd is a hit to organizational depth in the short run, they do have other options as AHL call-ups and they'd be likely be in a good position to pick up a better prospect next year (early 2nd?). Worst case, they have some flexibility to make another move at the deadline this year.

The value is fine for the Flyers, in my opinion. I don't think they should do the deal, but I wouldn't be upset if they did.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote