HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

XBOX 360 HF Silver Tourney

Old
12-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

vCash: 500
XBOX 360 HF Silver Tourney

Hi guys,

This is the official topic of The Who Needs Good Players Showcase, sponsored by Dodedede16, ***** , and ***** (will add sponsors when they confirm)

The Who Needs Good Cards Showcase is a tournament in which only unboosted base silver or bronze cards are allowed. It features 4 divisions with 4 players each and 2 conferences with 2 divisions for a total of 16 teams. In the round robin you play each opponent in your division once. After the round robin, teams in each division will be seeded from 1 to 4.
For the playoff round, it will be single elimination. The top seed in each division will play the 4 seed, and the 2 seed will play the 3 seed. Winner of the two games play each other in a division final. Division winners from the same conference play each other in a conference final. Conference winners play each other for the Tournament Finals, which will be a three game series

The divisions will be based on overall rank.

The Tournament will be using a 3-point system (European System). That means in every game 3 points are given away. 3 for a win, 2 for an ot win, 1 of an ot loss, 0 for a loss.

The entry for this tournament is 5.3K and will go to the 80.5k prize pool (16 x 5.3K - don't forget the tax).

Feel free to make donations to increase the prize pool. Even a small 5K donation helps. Me and the other sponsors will likely add to the prize pool.

You will have exactly 1 week to complete your round robin games. After 1 week, the game results in a draw and neither team gets any points (hurts your playoff seeding)

The winner of this tourney receives 50k as of right now
2nd: 20k, 3rd: 10k.

In order to be eligible for the prizes, you have to get all your games in.

Everybody who wants to join, reply in this topic and/or send me a PM. Please don't forget you got to be ready to pay the 5,300 pucks entry. I will let you know which card to buy.

One of us will collect the money on a 2nd account so it is separate and we know where the 80K is. For those of you who question my trustworthy, I came here with one of the best reputations on the EA forums so this is not a scam

Please read the general rules below.

Here are the rules:
Entry fee : 5.3k for regulars which must be paid before the tournament
Teams : 16 teams (4 per division, 8 per conference).
Rosters Unboosted silvers only. HFC and Movember silvers are not allowed (MacKinnon Movember etc) because they are boosted. I will personally check everyone's rosters for boosts, and it is the job of each player before each match to check the other person's team. Please be honest though!
Reward : 1st: 50k, 2nd: 20k, 3rd 10K. Additional giveaways possible
Team Cap : Unboosted Silver Cards only
Cheesy play : The only thing that won't be tolerated is ragging the puck (playing keep-away). Playing good defense is what prevents “cheese”/”glitch goals” or whatever some people call it.
Regular Season : One round robin game against each team in your division. Home / Away will be random (decided by a PS3 user) That means a total of 3 games.
Overtime : Shootout in the Round Robin after the usual 5 min 4-on4. However there won't be a shootout in the playoffs. If the game is tied after 3 periods, we start a new game. Whoever scores first in that game, wins.
Deadline to play games : The regular season should not take more than 7 days. (Everyone needs to play 3 games). Playoffs follow with 3 days given per round.
Final deadline not met : If people have trouble getting games in, I will take a decision based on the situation. If you think, you can't play a certain opponent because he doesn't wanna play you or simply because he is not online, it is mandatory that you post in this thread when you are available on the final three days before the deadline. If you do that and your time windows are not too slim, you have the chance to win the game by default if your opponent doesnt react. If not, most likely both players will get the loss.. Deadline will be much more strict than in past tourneys as some players unfortunately took it too far lately.
The player is not accountable for this if his opponent won't play him, he will be however if his PS3 goes broke 2 days before the end of the deadline with 5 games to be played. I hope you get the idea. If a player quits out during a game and can be made accountable for this, he will receive an automatic loss and be removed from the Tournament
Tie breakers : In case of a tie in the standings between 2 players, the tie breakers will be Most non OT-wins, then Best Differential, then Best Differential in the game between these 2 opponents.
Playoffs : All teams make the playoffs. The Playoffs will be single elimination, except for the Finals which will be in best of 3 format.
Playoffs Brackets: In all rounds the best team faces the worst, the second best the second worst and so on (based on points in the round robin).
Lag occurrence : If you notice lag during the 1st period and the score is tied, you can quit the game and rematch to try again with no lag. If the score is not tied or you’re past the 1st period and lag kicks in, you deal with it.
Consumables The only consumables allowable on the cards are change team if you are a chemistry freak like some are, change position cards, injury cards, contracts and captain cards, which will be the only boosts allowed.

Penalties :
1. You are gone from the tournament if your forcefully quit out of a game (not a lag out)

Donations to the pool are encouraged, please, even 5K will do wonders. I will be donating as well. It will make the prizes better and we can do surprise giveaways here and there

Alright, I hope everything seems fair to you. Let's start joining.

Target start date Monday December 9

Have fun !

Credit to RangersGuru for the template

Let me know if you have any problems with the rules for the most part, things can still be changed. A big thing is whether people want to play more games or not

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Nathan MacKinnon: 12-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Nathan MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Confirmed List

FULL

1. Nathan MacKinnon PAID
2. PriceIsGod PAID in a McDonagh
3. Gizmo12688 PAID
4. DominateForce27 PAID
5. Draisaitl PAID
6. RW8 PAID
7. Isles Enforcer PAID
8. Plymmy11 PAID
9. Lucmanawesome PAID
10. Canucks95 PAID
11. 6 Karlsson 5 PAID
12. Psyfer PAID
13. Penguins23 PAID
14. HaroldDruken PAID
15. Mav3rick PAID
16. steafo PAID

Last edited by Nathan MacKinnon: 01-10-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old
12-06-2013, 07:15 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Sign me up

PriceIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 07:16 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
I'm in.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 07:34 PM
DominateForce27

GT: DominateForce27

DominateForce27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Draisaitl
Deutschland Dangler

puuh I read everything, but I'm still in

Draisaitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
RW8

I'm in

RW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Yes Please!

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 11:26 PM
NeutralityEleven

Send a message via AIM to NeutralityEleven
That was a huge ass wall of text but I'm in.

NeutralityEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 01:59 AM
lucmanawesome

I would like to join and i can confirm Nathan Mackinnon is legit
I also come from the ea forums where i was one of the most legit there

lucmanawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:07 AM
canucks95

in please

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 06:54 AM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucmanawesome View Post
I would like to join and i can confirm Nathan Mackinnon is legit
I also come from the ea forums where i was one of the most legit there
+1 dont worry guys i remember Lucman hes not an "Eaforums typical scammer"

Old
12-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

10/16 let's go boys!

Also big thanks go out to the following donors:

Plymmy11 has agreed to donate 25K and a UT Bergeron
PriceIsGod has agreed to donate 5K
Lucmanawesome has agreed to donate as much as he can which I can assure will be something sweet

Old
12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
RW8

Thanks Nathan for organizing and to all the donators. Really looking forward to this.

RW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

PriceIsGod has actually changed his mind and has agreed to donate a Ryan McDonagh! Thanks buddy!

Come on 6 more people!

Old
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
6 Karlsson 5

I'm in
I think a cool idea would be to keep track of the top scorers of the tourney and if one of your players lead you get one of the cards donated?

6 Karlsson 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Karlsson 5 View Post
I'm in
I think a cool idea would be to keep track of the top scorers of the tourney and if one of your players lead you get one of the cards donated?
It sounds like a pretty cool idea but I'm not sure how it will work because frankly there are only 3 round robin games before single elimination playoffs so thats a pretty small sample size to award a prize like that

Maybe whoever is first place after the round robin? Idk.

Old
12-07-2013, 11:56 PM
6 Karlsson 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan MacKinnon View Post
It sounds like a pretty cool idea but I'm not sure how it will work because frankly there are only 3 round robin games before single elimination playoffs so thats a pretty small sample size to award a prize like that

Maybe whoever is first place after the round robin? Idk.
True didn't think of that, but soemthing like that or maybe like most goals for and least goals against

Old
12-08-2013, 12:08 PM
6 Karlsson 5

Random thought here but I think we should play more games 3 isn't that much, one bad game really hurts you.
Maybe something like you play each team in your divison twice or play everyone in your division once, then 1 team in every other division, this would be 6 games

Old
12-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Vxnation

Im in. I need those pucks !!! Haha. I guess I'll buy a couple silver packs and roll with it

Vxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Vxnation

Quote:
Random thought here but I think we should play more games 3 isn't that much, one bad game really hurts you.
Maybe something like you play each team in your divison twice or play everyone in your division once, then 1 team in every other division, this would be 6 games
This kind of is good have a home and away game. Contracts wont be an issue in private games too. This tourny sounds fun

Old
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Psyfer
Thrashers forever

I can join in I guess

Psyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

3 MORE by the looks of it.. lets get this started monday!?!

Old
12-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Vxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
3 MORE by the looks of it.. lets get this started monday!?!
Ill have to do all my games after 9 pm est monday tues. Or aftr 4 pm friday all weeken. Disgusting exam schedule 3 in a row wed thurs fri... Kill me now. Bought 5 packs hoping for some happiness instead got nothing

Old
12-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Quote:
Depends what everyone else thinks, I thought 3 games should be enough because this is a really busy time for everyone with exams and everything and then Christmas break coming up