HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyson Barrie to Montreal

Old
09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tyson Barrie to Montreal

Tyson Barrie is a very good young offensive defenseman, who has the upside to be a top 3 guy and powerplay quarterback. I know Montreal already has one pure offensive guy in Beaulieu, but the possibility of adding a 2nd one was intriguing.

What would it take from Montreal to land Barrie in La Belle Province?

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Tyson Barrie is a very good young offensive defenseman, who has the upside to be a top 3 guy and powerplay quarterback. I know Montreal already has one pure offensive guy in Beaulieu, but the possibility of adding a 2nd one was intriguing.

Too small, and besides if he has such high predictions why exactly is Colorado not keeping him ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:32 AM
PeterForsberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post

LOL. I love La belle Province, tasty poutine . For Tyson, you'll probably have to overpay to be honest. The Avs don't have the greatest defensive prospects.

PeterForsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
LOL. I love La belle Province, tasty poutine . For Tyson, you'll probably have to overpay to be honest. The Avs don't have the greatest defensive prospects.

wow shocking!!!

I am wondering if there has ever been a thread on the trade forums where this term was not used....my guess is no....

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
I don't think there needs to be an overpayment for Barrie if the correct piece is coming back.
It is always tough with prospects, but I'd say a trade with Barrie for a winger prospect of same caliber could work.
But I doubt the Avs are trading him now as I think they want to see him in the NHL for more than 10 games before making a decision on him (although their defense has 7 one-way contracts so he must impress at camp or wait for injuries to happen).

I would be ready to trade him for a winger prospect coming back, but I'm not familiar enough with the Canadiens prospects at all to make any sort of decision about that.

Nzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Barrie is a fine prospect in his niche, but it's probably the niche that the Habs have the least need to fill. So right off the bat, that puts Barrie's value lower to the Habs than it would likely be just about anywhere else. Habs have Subban, Diaz, Weber, with Beaulieu (hopefully) on the way, so there is no need to add Barrie to the mix. Habs need more physical defenders, or scoring forwards, or a bluechip goalie prospect all much more than a smaller PMD.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
I don't think there needs to be an overpayment for Barrie if the correct piece is coming back.
It is always tough with prospects, but I'd say a trade with Barrie for a winger prospect of same caliber could work.
But I doubt the Avs are trading him now as I think they want to see him in the NHL for more than 10 games before making a decision on him (although their defense has 7 one-way contracts so he must impress at camp or wait for injuries to happen).

I would be ready to trade him for a winger prospect coming back, but I'm not familiar enough with the Canadiens prospects at all to make any sort of decision about that.
I doubt that very much. We're not going to get a potential 30 goal scoring first line winger for Barrie, but we don't need anymore top 6-9 wingers the way we do defensemen that can play on the top two pairings.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Suddenly7

Just asking because I'm a bit clueless to what Montreal actually needs. From last year the team has a great young core that will only get better when their prospects get to the show. The only thing I thought Montreal needed was to get rid of the horrible contracts they have with 3-4 players. Forwards at the moment is also a must in my opinion.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Probably Bozon or Thrower, but seeing as our scouts passed on Thrower for Heard I'm not sure they would do that even with the Blades affiliation. Maybe Collberg.

I doubt Barrie's singular value gets us anything useful that we currently need in the NHL, so assuming the higher ups wanted one of your prospects I'm guessing the closest value being amongst those three.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Ceremony
Articuno

vCash: 0
I don't think the Avs can afford to trade a potential top 3 PPQB unless there's a genuine one coming back.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Mrb1p

Hmmm, why do we trade for a small-soft-pmd...?

We don't need Barrie.

We already have awesome Dmans. Beaulieu, Thrower, Bennet, Dietz and Pateryn all fit the bill of offensive dman. Even Ellis has some offense in him. What's the + to all them? Size or grit. (Or both!)

We need big nasty dmans, Big nasty wingers and big nasty center.
/thread.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

We don't need Barrie.

We already have awesome Dmans. Beaulieu, Thrower, Bennet, Dietz and Pateryn all fit the bill of offensive dman. Even Ellis has some offense in him. What's the + to all them? Size or grit. (Or both!)

/thread.
So Montreal is not in the trading market. Looks like you can get all your needs in free agency. If I were Montreal I would seriously be looking for a scoring forward prospect. I just see the same issue that was hurting Montreal last season which was scoring and solid defense. Scoring would be the top of my to do list.

Old
09-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
So Montreal is not in the trading market. Looks like you can get all your needs in free agency. If I were Montreal I would seriously be looking for a scoring forward prospect. I just see the same issue that was hurting Montreal last season which was scoring and solid defense. Scoring would be the top of my to do list.
Scoring on the wing is good.

We have patches, Cole, Bourque, Gionta all capable of +/- 30.

It's down the middle we need more scoring.

The defense though... We need P.K. to regain his form on the PP (Then u can add a 15 goal dman.) and we need a shutdown dman. That's our immediate need.

In our propsect pool we need big wingers and Big centers. We're lacking size. The center should be around Collberg's quality (8.0 C) and the winger should be of Gally's quality(or a little less 8.5C sounds right.) and we could use another blue chip dman.

So we need to draft a big C in the 2nd and a dman or a winger in the first.

Best case scenario we end up with something like

8.5C winger(1st) 8.0C center/8.0C D/7.5C G(2nd rounder.)

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Barrie is a fine prospect in his niche, but it's probably the niche that the Habs have the least need to fill. So right off the bat, that puts Barrie's value lower to the Habs than it would likely be just about anywhere else. Habs have Subban, Diaz, Weber, with Beaulieu (hopefully) on the way, so there is no need to add Barrie to the mix. Habs need more physical defenders, or scoring forwards, or a bluechip goalie prospect all much more than a smaller PMD.
Why do they need a bluechip goalie prospect , when they have Price in his early 20s locked up long term?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Scoring on the wing is good.

We have patches, Cole, Bourque, Gionta all capable of +/- 30.

It's down the middle we need more scoring.

The defense though... We need P.K. to regain his form on the PP (Then u can add a 15 goal dman.) and we need a shutdown dman. That's our immediate need.

In our propsect pool we need big wingers and Big centers. We're lacking size. The center should be around Collberg's quality (8.0 C) and the winger should be of Gally's quality(or a little less 8.5C sounds right.) and we could use another blue chip dman.

So we need to draft a big C in the 2nd and a dman or a winger in the first.

Best case scenario we end up with something like

8.5C winger(1st) 8.0C center/8.0C D/7.5C G(2nd rounder.)
I watched the Montreal Canadians a lot last season. I agree they need bigger forwards to play against the Rangers, Flyers, and Boston. I think signing Prust was a good start to protect them from getting their stat players injured. Maybe adding another enforcer will be a good idea for the fourth line.

The thing that I fear is that they are counting on everyone being healthy throughout the year. The past two season that hasn't been the case. The Center position I feel they have it covered with Eller and Leblanc waiting for a shot in the top 6. What I really would like is if they get someone that is able to score. Montreal is stacked with good puck moving defensemen at the moment. Would be great if they can trade Beaulieu.

Old
09-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Why do they need a bluechip goalie prospect , when they have Price in his early 20s locked up long term?
They need one because every team needs one and they don't have one. It's not a severe or immediate need, but it's a need. Price is only signed for 6 years. A lot can happen in 6 years. But it takes that long to develop a starting goalie too. 2-4 years after the draft in junior/college, 2-4 more years in the minors, 2 or more years as a backup... it's a long-term process, and right now the Habs have no serious prospects at all in net. Habs should draft/sign 2 prospect goalies within the next year. Don't need to trade for them. But do need to re-stock the system.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:

We don't need Barrie.

/thread.
Soft? What are you talking about?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Soft? What are you talking about?
He's Barrie-soft, what are you talking about?

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Why does Mtl need Barrie or Elliott when they have Tinordi, Subban, Beaulieu, Weber, and Diaz?

I think Barrie would be along the lines of Bealieu, above Weber/Diaz and below Subban.

Avs D needs tonnes of work outside of EJohnson and maybe ROB. Wilson is a concussion question mark and Hejda isn't young so Siemens/Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce shouldn't be traded.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Why does Mtl need Barrie or Elliott when they have Tinordi, Subban, Beaulieu, Weber, and Diaz?

I think Barrie would be along the lines of Bealieu, above Weber/Diaz and below Subban.

Avs D needs tonnes of work outside of EJohnson and maybe ROB. Wilson is a concussion question mark and Hejda isn't young so Siemens/Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce shouldn't be traded.
Thrower and Ellis, too.

Not that Barrie, or Elliott aren't good prospects, but why does Montreal have to acquire all the defensive prospects ?

We have 4 picks in the top 60 in this up coming draft. I'm sure 1 will be another defenseman.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
Of course over pay because this is HF boards and every prospect is worth more than how he is.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
They need one because every team needs one and they don't have one. It's not a severe or immediate need, but it's a need. Price is only signed for 6 years. A lot can happen in 6 years. But it takes that long to develop a starting goalie too. 2-4 years after the draft in junior/college, 2-4 more years in the minors, 2 or more years as a backup... it's a long-term process, and right now the Habs have no serious prospects at all in net. Habs should draft/sign 2 prospect goalies within the next year. Don't need to trade for them. But do need to re-stock the system.
That says to me that 2013 would be a good year to draft a goaltender or two, not that that should be suggested as part of a trade. Folks around here get... strange with suggestions like that.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:24 PM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
I'd trade him for a defensive defenseman prospect.

AvsFan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
I watched the Montreal Canadians a lot last season. I agree they need bigger forwards to play against the Rangers, Flyers, and Boston. I think signing Prust was a good start to protect them from getting their stat players injured. Maybe adding another enforcer will be a good idea for the fourth line.

The thing that I fear is that they are counting on everyone being healthy throughout the year. The past two season that hasn't been the case. The Center position I feel they have it covered with Eller and Leblanc waiting for a shot in the top 6. What I really would like is if they get someone that is able to score. Montreal is stacked with good puck moving defensemen at the moment. Would be great if they can trade Beaulieu.
No need for Barrie and it would be a terrible move to trade Beaulieu unless some team wants to overpay and offers a top line forward.
You've been trying to get the Habs to move Beaulieu [ for spare parts ]
in a few different threads.Get over it, he,s not moving.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote