HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

D Niklas Hjalmarsson or D Nick Leddy

Old
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Can't Chicago just move someone like Olsen down and keep Hammer/Leddy since the Rozsival signing looks to be a stop gap solution (1 year deal)?
Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Rozsival
Leddy/Montador
Brookbank/Oduya

Something has to give.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:08 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Rozsival
Leddy/Montador
Brookbank/Oduya

Something has to give.
I see, thanks.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Perreault + Washington 3rd for Hjalmarsson
or
Washington 1st for Hjalmarsson

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Hawkaholic

Chicago is not interested in picks or prospects for either of these guys, quality NHL players, not quantity.

We already have enough prospects, and quantity NHLers.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:08 PM
ZugNugget

Is there a reasonable deal to be made for Hjalmarsson with the Oilers?

ZugNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Is there a reasonable deal to be made for Hjalmarsson with the Oilers?
Well, Hawks need a C, and have no interest in Gagner or Horcoff....so no?

Old
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
seanlinden

We beat this one to death in another thread, but Connolly for Hjalmarsson is something that both teams have to look at.

Toronto gets a 2nd pairing shutdown guy who fits perfectly in terms of age/salary/style with Phaneuf/Gunnarsson/Liles/Gardiner and Komisarek to form a top 6. Of course you lose a guy who's probably a better fit for a top line with Kessel and JvR, but Bozak is the incumbent, and this is an opportunity to fill a hole without really creating one.

Chicago gets a playmaking centre who's proven capable of putting up .8 points per game, and is likely a very good fit with Toews / Bolland centering the 1st and 3rd, with having guys like Kane/Sharp/Hossa/Stalberg on the wings.

To me, the real issue is that Hjalmarsson is one of Chicago's most reliable defencemen, and that I don't think he's the guy they should part with for a #2 centre...but that's a little bit off on a tangent.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Hawkaholic

Why would the Hawks deal Hjalmarsson for Connolly?

I wouldn't even deal Oduya for Connolly.

Connolly is an injury waiting to happen, and isn't physical. I would rather have Gagner, and I don't even want him for Hammer.

Old
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Why would the Hawks deal Hjalmarsson for Connolly?

I wouldn't even deal Oduya for Connolly.

Connolly is an injury waiting to happen, and isn't physical. I would rather have Gagner, and I don't even want him for Hammer.
Considering who the Hawks other 2 centres are, physicality is not something that they'll pay a premium for. It's offensive upside.

That being said, If I was Stan Bowman, I wouldn't deal Hjalmarsson for a centre, period.

Old
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
We beat this one to death in another thread, but Connolly for Hjalmarsson is something that both teams have to look at. .
No it isn't

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Chicago is not interested in picks or prospects for either of these guys, quality NHL players, not quantity.

We already have enough prospects, and quantity NHLers.
Seriously, who do you guys have in mind? As a Caps fan who's very interested in Hjammer, I've been following the constant flow of trade proposals involving him for a while, and I've never seen a single proposal sending a legitimate 2C or starting goalie to the Hawks that resulted in anything close to an agreement. The players that get offered to the Hawks (ie Gagner or Neuvirth) get shot down for not being a significant enough improvement, while the players the Hawks fans want (ie Plekanec or Niemi) aren't on teams that need defensive help (at least not enough to warrant moving the player). If there was a deal to be made, at the rate at which Hjammer proposals have been made, we would've found it. I think you have to come to the conclusion that if the Hawks don't want to enter the season with 8 NHL Ds, they've got to settle for an imperfect solution like Gagner or Neuvirth, or just accept a pick/prospect deal in the hopes that those pieces can later be used (or open up other pieces to be used) to solve the other problems at 2C and goalie.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Considering who the Hawks other 2 centres are, physicality is not something that they'll pay a premium for. It's offensive upside.

That being said, If I was Stan Bowman, I wouldn't deal Hjalmarsson for a centre, period.
Not sure what Toews and Bolland have to do with physicality. The last thing we need is a one-way C who can't win faceoffs or stay healthy.

Our team as a whole lacks physicality, they most definitely would pay a premium for it.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Seriously, who do you guys have in mind? As a Caps fan who's very interested in Hjammer, I've been following the constant flow of trade proposals involving him for a while, and I've never seen a single proposal sending a legitimate 2C or starting goalie to the Hawks that resulted in anything close to an agreement. The players that get offered to the Hawks (ie Gagner or Neuvirth) get shot down for not being a significant enough improvement, while the players the Hawks fans want (ie Plekanec or Niemi) aren't on teams that need defensive help (at least not enough to warrant moving the player). If there was a deal to be made, at the rate at which Hjammer proposals have been made, we would've found it. I think you have to come to the conclusion that if the Hawks don't want to enter the season with 8 NHL Ds, they've got to settle for an imperfect solution like Gagner or Neuvirth, or just accept a pick/prospect deal in the hopes that those pieces can later be used (or open up other pieces to be used) to solve the other problems at 2C and goalie.
We need defensive minded forwards that can win faceoffs or provide physicality. Or both.

Adding Neuvirth only improves our back up posistion, adding Gagner doesn't really do anything for CHI because he isnt good defensively, and isnt good at faceoffs.

Johansson would be a starting point.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
sketch22

vCash: 2893
I highly doubt Hammer/Leddy would be the only player leaving when a trade is made. It seems much more likely that they would package one of them with Stalberg and/or prospects.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Not sure what Toews and Bolland have to do with physicality. The last thing we need is a one-way C who can't win faceoffs or stay healthy.

Our team as a whole lacks physicality, they most definitely would pay a premium for it.
Toews & Bolland are both highly capable checking centres. No, they're not going to throw a big hit, but that's not what anyone wants out of a centre. That's the winger's role.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

With the signing of Michal Rozsival by the Hawks today, this would make Hjalmarsson and Leddy the 6th/7th D on the roster. I don't think the Hawks are about to give up on Leddy just yet, so that would leave Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson maybe good positionally and blocks a lot of shoots, I wouldn't say he's a good shutdown D. He lacks the physical presents for that classification.

Gagner is not going to the Hawks for a couple 6th/7th D, so don't worry about that. It's been beaten to death on a number of other threads, and the Oilers don't need either one. It would be questionable if either would make the team. They would have to beat out Whitney, N.Schultz or Smid and that won't happen.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
With the signing of Michal Rozsival by the Hawks today, this would make Hjalmarsson and Leddy the 6th/7th D on the roster. I don't think the Hawks are about to give up on Leddy just yet, so that would leave Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson maybe good positionally and blocks a lot of shoots, I wouldn't say he's a good shutdown D. He lacks the physical presents for that classification.

Gagner is not going to the Hawks for a couple 6th/7th D, so don't worry about that. It's been beaten to death on a number of other threads, and the Oilers don't need either one. It would be questionable if either would make the team. They would have to beat out Whitney, N.Schultz or Smid and that won't happen.
Hammer/Leddy were our second pair last year. Hammer was out for a bit and it seemed like Oduya/Leddy had a bit of chemsitry. Campbell would not have been traded if we hadn't acquired Leddy and Hammer has been on our 2nd pair for 3+ Years. Hammer was more physical before his suspension and is a lock for second pairing with Oduya, Montador, Brookbank, and Rozsival on the roster. It's actually Brookbank/Montador at the 7 and 8 spots. If you don't believe me feel free to read the threads of the Hawks boards. Offer sheets don't go 7th defenseman so quit trolling.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
seanlinden

Quote:

Call me crazy, but I don't see Hammer or Leddy as the odd men out with a Roszival signing, more likely, a guy like Oduya, Montador, or Brookbank.

That being said, what about an Oduya for Lombardi swap?

Old
09-11-2012, 06:54 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hawks have our own Backlund in Kruger ,, Flames would have to move someone that improves Hawks roster and Backlund does not

And no Leddy will not be traded for 36 yr old Kipper
Maybe Gagner for Leddy, but I don't know if the Oilers want to give up on Gagner just yet.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I don't see Hammer or Leddy as the odd men out with a Roszival signing, more likely, a guy like Oduya, Montador, or Brookbank.

That being said, what about an Oduya for Lombardi swap?
Now that Brookbank and Rozsival are signed, and Olsen is in Rockford, I could see Oduya moved for nothing more than picks if a serious trade isn't in the making. I think Chi gave next years 2nd and 3rd to acquire him.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I'm left wondering who Chicago fans see as a "legit #2C."

Maybe some suggestions would help people get an idea of the type of player y'all are thinking?

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:03 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:

I think we already stated a bunch of times that we don't want Gagner for either Hjalmarsson or especially Leddy.

You trying to twist this into some stupid argument is hilarious though. "Jordan Staal was the 3rd line center on Pittsburgh...we won't trade a 2nd round pick for some 3rd line center...". Either way, Leddy and Hjalmarsson aren't the "6th and 7th defenseman" on the Hawks now...but nice try. They are the 3rd and 4th most valuable dmen on the team. And they would be 1st/2nd pairing on the Oilers. Only better dmen on your team are Smid and Whitney(who is never healthy) so nice try again. I like how you say you don't know if they'd make the team and then name 3 defenseman... lol. Can't count to 7?

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:03 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I'm left wondering who Chicago fans see as a "legit #2C."

Maybe some suggestions would help people get an idea of the type of player y'all are thinking?
Well, we missed out on Ribiero/Roy.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Well, we missed out on Ribiero/Roy.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard has a similar cap hit, plays well offensively and defensively, and can play wing or center.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:15 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Pierre-Marc Bouchard has a similar cap hit, plays well offensively and defensively, and can play wing or center.
I like his hair, and he is a solid center. Think he's good for 80 games next year (although I doubt we'll see anything above 60).