HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: Let's Do This 4 Real

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Hawkey39

vCash: 500
Well so much for getting a letterman. The district won't allow our us to get our jackets for yearbook because "it's not fair to the clubs that dont have money." although we still are allowed to make the school money.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Are you an underwriter Shogun?
No, I work for a title insurance company.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
RayP

Any of you guys ever play floor hockey? I've never played any competitive hockey, and will never be good enough of a skater to join an ice league... but found a floor league less than 10 minutes away from my house, and they let anyone and everyone join.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Just in gym class, but it's a good workout, lots of running back and forth. You'll score a bunch of goals too.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Just in gym class, but it's a good workout, lots of running back and forth. You'll score a bunch of goals too.
Yeah, same here... just gym class in hockey. The league has a site that they track stats and all sorts of ****. They even track career stats. I'm pretty damn athletic, so since it'd be a lot of running and cutting I'd have no issue picking up there. Have always had pretty good vision too... just would have to develop a shot. Although every sport I've ever seriously gotten into, I've always been more focused and interested in playing defense.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:49 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Yeah, same here... just gym class in hockey. The league has a site that they track stats and all sorts of ****. They even track career stats. I'm pretty damn athletic, so since it'd be a lot of running and cutting I'd have no issue picking up there. Have always had pretty good vision too... just would have to develop a shot. Although every sport I've ever seriously gotten into, I've always been more focused and interested in playing defense.
Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome that they track all of that, I'd do it if they had one around here. Ice hockey is what I really want to get back in but I have too much pride to put my out of shape ass on the ice right now, need to hit the gym first.

I don't think D will much of a priority in floor hockey though, play center so you can do both and cover more ground. Shoot pucks in your garage to work on the shot.

***Unless it is a ball, then you don't even need to work on your shot.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Thankfully, the lender figures (which came a half hour after I left last night) for today's closing were a breeze, so got them banged out in ten minutes and didn't need a single edit from the lender.

.... still waiting on lender figures for all ten closings on Thursday and Friday, though....

Old
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome that they track all of that, I'd do it if they had one around here. Ice hockey is what I really want to get back in but I have too much pride to put my out of shape ass on the ice right now, need to hit the gym first.

I don't think D will much of a priority in floor hockey though, play center so you can do both and cover more ground. Shoot pucks in your garage to work on the shot.
Would love ice hockey, but the leagues here are super competitive (my buddy is in one) and I would just never be able to compete... nor have the resources to practice enough to be able to compete.

Oh I know... don't think I could start at C, though. Too much responsibility.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, ice hockey takes years just to be able to hang in an average league, let alone be one of the best players. But that floor hockey thing sounds cool, no reason not to do that. I feel bad for the goalies in floor hockey, gonna be a double digit goals.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Hawkey39

Im definitely gonna join a curling team. Only problem is figuring out how its played. XD

Old
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Hawkey39

Oh and finding someone who actually wants to do curling. That's gonna be the hardest part

Old
11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

I've always wanted to play in floor hockey league now that I'm older. Was definitely my favorite thing about gym class and day camp growing up. Despite being a left wing on the ice, I loved playing goal in floor.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Floor hockey with a ball instead of a puck and it's pretty easy to get a nasty shot and make the ball dip and curve. You'll feel like Gretzky the first time you roof a ball at a 70 degree angle over a goalies pads, tons of fun.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:14 AM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, like I said, if it is a ball, don't even work on your shot, just grip it and rip it.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I was in a league as a kid up thru 6th grade. Was always the best player on my team and one of the best in the league. Haven't played since other than during gym class back in the day. That would be awesome tho to get back into.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
RayP

What kind of stick works best for floor hockey? Think I'm going to start stashing up on the equipment... Think it was just a helmet, arm pads, and shin pads that are necessary.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
coldsteelonice84

I would probably favor a plastic blade to be honest but I would buy a shaft with a nice flex. I could see wood blades breaking a lot and I'm not sure you'll even get anything out of having it except more weight. See what other guys are using.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
RayP

Quote:
I would probably favor a plastic blade to be honest but I would buy a shaft with a nice flex. I could see wood blades breaking a lot and I'm not sure you'll even get anything out of having it except more weight. See what other guys are using.
Would they even allow wood sticks in a league like that? For some reason I'd want to say no... Regardless, they're suppose to be mailing me some league info and a rulebook.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Hawkey39

Well im deciding to try writing again. Everything I write will be inspired by Eve 6 songs. Here's a part of it.
[spoiler] Its all in your head.
there are times in your life where everything just goes wrong. Everything and everyone you know seem to vanish from your life. The memories you have of your life become just that. Distant memories. The times we all felt alive just left. Lets just face it life sucks. We try to cling to the past but it's no use. Thing always **** us over.
Your probably wondering who I am. well according to my wristband im just patient #362-726. Im at black waters hospital. Age: 16, date of birth: 4/17/95, sex: male. Lets face is our lives are all just numbers. Im one of the only trustworthy in here. The reason is because I've been stuck in this hell hole for ages. I have alot of time before i turn 18 and get out of here. I know the story of every patient here with me and alot of them are damn sad. Were all ****ed up. Forgot to give yall some crucial info, were all in the psych ward. Its boring as hell. I've been deemed too ****ed up to function and so my social worker dumped me here. Im not the only one like that though. I guess it's just all in our heads.
[/spoiler]

Old
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Illinihockey

This little girl is awesomehttp://sports.yahoo.com/news/internet-sensation--nine-year-old-girl-shredding-defenses-to-the-tune-of-25-touchdowns.html

Old
11-08-2012, 08:15 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Car broke down on the way to work. Just my ****ing luck!

Old
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Car broke down on the way to work. Just my ****ing luck!
That sucks, man. My car just passed the 299,000 mile mark last week, and believe me when I say that the baby dying on me into work is one of my nightmares.

As for work today.... well, let's just say another day, another likely mostly wasted day as lenders can't get me stuff on time. Came in prepped to stay very late, as I can just tell that all my closings for tomorrow will finally get their figures in afternoon, meaning it's going to be slow now and insanely busy this afternoon and into the evening afterhours.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
RayP

299,000 miles? Holy crap...

I really need to try and start selling my car again. Was even offered a 95 Infiniti for free, that still runs well although it's obviously old. Right now I drive maybe 20 miles a week though, for work and the gym... so something like that would be fine and if it did crap out I wouldn't be pressed to get a replacement immediately, at least not right now.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Hawkey39

um mods I made a mistake. Spoilers apparently dont work.

And as for getting a FREE car take it. At worst you could sell it. Unless of coarse its something like a company car.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
coldsteelonice84

I could REALLY use a free running car about now for my girlfriend. There are cars for sale all over the place but everyone wants 1000 or more over the blue book for an old car. You might not like the economy but you can't change it to suit you. Those things will be sitting there all winter getting rustier.

Closed Thread