HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Carlo - point loss?

Old
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
GretzkysOffice

vCash: 500
Carlo - point loss?

how many hits/blocked shots/PIMs/points do you guys project CC to produce this season with the Wings?

I wanna figure out if I should hold on to him or trade him.

GretzkysOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
His hits and blocked shots are directly related to his number of injuries, his PIMs are determined by how well he improved his headlock, and he will probably give the blues scorers a few assists.

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
stlweir

vCash: 500
Carlo's career has been derailed by his concussions. He is like a game fighter with a glass jaw. He was one of the few defenseman with a hip check but he rarely uses it now. He has had to tame his game down due to the concussions. He has very good speed and some offense to his game but he will never be the player he could have been. I am not down on him as many are here on the HF boards but I am not against the Blues moving on.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:44 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Carlo's career has been derailed by his concussions. He is like a game fighter with a glass jaw. He was one of the few defenseman with a hip check but he rarely uses it now. He has had to tame his game down due to the concussions. He has very good speed and some offense to his game but he will never be the player he could have been. I am not down on him as many are here on the HF boards but I am not against the Blues moving on.
I agree with this assessment. He doesn't belong on the top pairing or top PP (as he was used in St Louis too often, especially as Pietro's partner). But in a more protected setting he can be a solid defensive option. He needs a defensively responsible partner. He is prone to making offensive zone gaffes. He also tends to nurse every little hit and grimace during the game. He reminds me of a kid that always needed to let everyone know he had an 'owwie'.

The reason Blues fans are happy he's leaving is that its a clear indicator the team is going to continue working to find a partner for Pietro who is a legit top pairing defenseman.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote