HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steven Kampfer

Old
02-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Sutter Brother

vCash: 1039
Steven Kampfer

Has looked pretty good in the past two games. Gallant gave him 2nd PP time in the last blowout win over the Ducks and seems to like him. He really has looked comfortable out there. Does anyone else see him as a part of the D corp going forward? Or is his stint just temporary? It appears that the only Right handed Dmen in the system (after Ekblad) are Kampfer, Gudbrandson Petrovic, and Weegar.

Sutter Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Juggernaut27

vCash: 500
That's his problem.

Ekblad
Guddy
Weegar
Petro
Kampfer

He'd have to hope Petro gets traded and Weegar doesn't pan out, otherwise he's got to beat them both out. Kuli also plays both sides making it that much less likely.

Then there's the two BC boys and other current prospects and future draft picks to worry about just to hold a 7th spot down.

He can always play his way into a roster spot but it seems unlikely.

Last edited by Juggernaut27: 02-11-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Juggernaut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 04:11 PM
ShootIt

Weegar is so far away from Nhl time.
He's probably a more polished defenseman than Petrovic at this time. Think Petrovic goes back down when Mitchell is healthy.

SK has a good shot at playing time this year and might compete for a spot next year.

Right now he looks like a temporary guy

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 04:16 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

vCash: 50
Petrovic is probably going to be sent down when Mitchell is healthy. Assuming Campbell is here next year I see Olsen as the #7 and one of Kampfer/Petro on the team as #6.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 04:33 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

The problem I have with petro is his lack of speed. He looks flat footed.

This guy kampfer can move around quickly.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 05:47 PM
harv3317

i like what i've seen so far. the guy seems calm, responsible and has ossensive upside.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Brokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
The problem I have with petro is his lack of speed. He looks flat footed.

This guy kampfer can move around quickly.
They have two totally different games. Kampfer is more like a smaller version of Kulikov. He can carry the puck through the neutral zone and he can join the rush. I think he has a better shot from the point than Petro, but his warts defensively are similar to Campbell in front of his own net and down low.

Don't sell Petro short. Petro is a guy that can physically separate a player from the puck down low and make that first pass. Although he in thin for a tall guy, he is strong and uses his length and muscle to move guys from in front of the net. He is an excellent puck handler and can join the rush for a shot. Don't let his lack of points fool you as he is playing a conservative game per the coaching staffs instructions. As time goes by I think the coaches will give him more offensive latitude.

Brokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Weegar is so far away from Nhl time.
He's probably a more polished defenseman than Petrovic at this time. Think Petrovic goes back down when Mitchell is healthy.

SK has a good shot at playing time this year and might compete for a spot next year.

Right now he looks like a temporary guy
Agree completely. Kampfer has looked better than Petrovic. Let the best players play, regardless of draft position.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Brokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Clawz View Post
Agree completely. Kampfer has looked better than Petrovic. Let the best players play, regardless of draft position.
Kampfer goes through waivers. Don't know who would pick him up as they would have to keep him in the NHL the rest of the year, but some teams are desperate for a puck moving D with experience. I don't see him being sent back down unless he proves to be a big liability on the back end.

Brokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2015, 10:50 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Looked damn good tonight again...

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 06:56 AM
spacemanatee
RVIDXR KLVN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Looked damn good tonight again...
he really did! love his speed & effort

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 08:30 AM
ShootIt

Looks like a possible gem in the rough signing.

With Kulikov out, he has more games to show Tallon he could belong here for more than this year.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokin View Post
Kampfer goes through waivers. Don't know who would pick him up as they would have to keep him in the NHL the rest of the year, but some teams are desperate for a puck moving D with experience. I don't see him being sent back down unless he proves to be a big liability on the back end.
See I really tried to compare him with Petro last night, and me, I'd rather have Pero on the team.
The toughness he brings is lacking for the most part from our blueline. I think if we make the playoffs I'd rather have Petro back there punishing players in the corners and in front of our net.

But like you say we'd have to chance Kampfer going through waivers for this to happen. I highly doubt he clears.

This is a tough call. Sacrifice a capable defenseman on waivers in order to keep a more physical threat up for the stretch drive? Or do we play it safe and send Petro down, even though he is the more "playoff" type player?

At least this decision doesn't have to be made any time soon if Kuli really did go onto the IR.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 11:15 AM
flapanthersfan

we don't really have to send either of them down.... most teams carry 7d

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 11:29 AM
iam76

petro has been good so far.. He is a mean mofo back there with offensive ability. i am not sure what people are watching but he makes no less mistakes then some others at his age.

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 11:51 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
petro has been good so far.. He is a mean mofo back there with offensive ability. i am not sure what people are watching but he makes no less mistakes then some others at his age.
He was really jumping up into the play, which was nice to see last night.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 03:45 AM
Sutter Brother

vCash: 1039
Clutch goal tonight by Mr. Kampfer. His confidence with the puck is starting to ooze a little offence. Big big win over the Habs. He really has the instincts for the game.

Sutter Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 04:08 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Brother View Post
Clutch goal tonight by Mr. Kampfer. His confidence with the puck is starting to ooze a little offence. Big big win over the Habs. He really has the instincts for the game.
He's a good #6, there's no doubt about that. Gotta like our D now once we get Willie and Kuli back, with Petro playing well too. I don't think we have to go shopping this summer.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 06:13 AM
spacemanatee
RVIDXR KLVN

Quote:
He's a good #6, there's no doubt about that. Gotta like our D now once we get Willie and Kuli back, with Petro playing well too. I don't think we have to go shopping this summer.
i agree.

when we had olsen as our 6th i screamed for a veteran d-man to play with guddy and when olsen got sent down i just thought "oh well, 6th d can't get any worse so.." but then petro & happy camper started playing reeeeal good which suprised me a bit but damn, i really like those two.
petro with his punishing & physical playingstyle & kampfer with speed.

+ we have matheson coming in soon enough.
damn, i really like our defence.

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Knightmare

Quote:
So next year you essentially think Kampfer and Petro will rotate 6-7...Do you think Matheson has a chance to compete with those guys coming out of training camp? Or most likely start in the minors?

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 10:08 AM
IM Clutcm
Two for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
So next year you essentially think Kampfer and Petro will rotate 6-7...Do you think Matheson has a chance to compete with those guys coming out of training camp? Or most likely start in the minors?
I'd prefer he play in the minors for a year, especially if Petrovic and Kampfer keep up their play. Let him learn the pro game the right way. There's no need to rush him.

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
I'd prefer he play in the minors for a year, especially if Petrovic and Kampfer keep up their play. Let him learn the pro game the right way. There's no need to rush him.
I agree here. Let's develop the right way for once. Specially now that we have some good depth to work with.

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Aksu

What do we do with Olsen? How long is he signed? Are we just gonna dump him and keep him in the SA or trade him (would think he wants to get traded)?

Kampfer, Kampfer, Kampfer. What a guy. Did not expect to see so all-around good gameplay! He is good defensively, he likes to jump up to help the offense, he isn't scared to shoot, and he seems like a nice guy! Me likey!

Aksu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 10:23 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I really like this kid, hasn't had a bad game yet. No memorable flubs...might be too early to say we could move Kuli because we have someone with a better defensive mind. Or is it?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2015, 10:32 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksu View Post
What do we do with Olsen? How long is he signed? Are we just gonna dump him and keep him in the SA or trade him (would think he wants to get traded)?
Probably just keep him in SA, he's only signed through 2015-16 and at 775k. Maybe loan him to another AHL team or Europe.

“No one’s expecting us to do anything this year, right? We want to prove some people wrong and take that next step, and if we do that, maybe our peers take notice, and when the peers take notice, the media takes notice and then the fans take notice. That’s how it starts. It starts on the ice. It starts with what we can control.”
- #33 Willie Mitchell, 29/11/14.
SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote