HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Non-Hockey Sports Discussion 2013-2014

Old
09-23-2013, 10:56 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I've never been a huge football fan but some friends are. After watching parts of the last three games I might have to jump on the Dolphin bandwagon.
I don't enjoy football as much as hockey, but when your team is competitive, it really helps make the sport exciting. Besides the Dolphins winning the division in 2008 due to Tom Brady being out for the Patriots for the season, they haven't given much for fans to cheer about since last making the playoffs in 2001. It's a similar story to the Panthers situation with questionable ownership and what direction the team was going in for years. Now, things just really seem to be looking up in all areas for the future. Once you watch enough games, you'll learn quickly how easy it is to hate the Patriots and Jets. The Patriots are always right there competing for first place in the division and will as long as Brady is playing. While Jets fans are among the most obnoxious in the league, they haven't been extremely competitive in a long time besides a few periodic years of success.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:57 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
The Canes will most likely beat USF this weekend, and if the Fins somehow find a way to beat the Saints Monday night, it will be the first time both the Canes and Fins have started out 4-0 since 1992!

If the Fins can win one of the next two games, and head into the bye at 4-1, it would be huge for us. The bye will allow guys like Taylor and Davis to get their reps in, and allow some of the other injured players to rest. We then have a winnable game against the Bills, followed by the big showdown against the Pats. Its still early, but with already a 75% chance of making the playoffs, we really have a good shot at making some noise this year. I think we are an offseason away (Oline and TE acquisitions) from being SB contenders.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

The Miami Marlins get a no hitter from Henderson Alvarez with a bases loaded walk off wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning against the Detroit Tigers on the last day of the regular season.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 09-29-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
The Miami Marlins get a no hitter from Wilson Alverez with a bases loaded walk off wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning against the Detroit Tigers on the last day of the regular season.
Henderson Alvarez

gizmo12688 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Henderson Alvarez
Fixed.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

I was at that Marlins game with the kids. Very cool game to be at.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:13 AM
zeroG

drove down for the fins game yesterday. haven't been to nola in a long time. what a place. the people are fantastic. met my brother down there, who was sporting his fins shirt in the afternoon and all we heard was "good luck tonight!" and "hope you enjoy your visit!"... unreal. the superdome is great as well - an even better place to see a game than reliant stadium, which is saying a lot when you consider that they broke ground on the thing when the beatles were recording sgt. peppers. lots of fins fans there wearing their gear, which was nice to see.

as far as the game was concerned, well.... not so great obviously. most encouraging though was tannehill. the saints played an excellent game - pretty much perfect offensively - and we'd have been right there if you take away those two turnovers. there are issues, for sure (saints have their own issues too) but overall it's been encouraging (and fun again).

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 02:39 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
drove down for the fins game yesterday. haven't been to nola in a long time. what a place. the people are fantastic. met my brother down there, who was sporting his fins shirt in the afternoon and all we heard was "good luck tonight!" and "hope you enjoy your visit!"... unreal. the superdome is great as well - an even better place to see a game than reliant stadium, which is saying a lot when you consider that they broke ground on the thing when the beatles were recording sgt. peppers. lots of fins fans there wearing their gear, which was nice to see.

as far as the game was concerned, well.... not so great obviously. most encouraging though was tannehill. the saints played an excellent game - pretty much perfect offensively - and we'd have been right there if you take away those two turnovers. there are issues, for sure (saints have their own issues too) but overall it's been encouraging (and fun again).
Did you stop at one of the many drive-thru daiquiri places in LA? I couldn't believe there was such a thing until I got one myself.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 06:53 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post

Must of been nuts in there. I stayed up as long as I could (game started at 330am here), but went to bed once we were getting it handed to us. As good as the Saints played, we should have been in the game. That first half was ridiculous. There were opportunitiese to tie the game, and even go ahead, but we just played so poorly. I dont know if it was the teams first Monday night game in forever, but they did not play well, at all. Two things:

1. You do not defer to the Saints, especially in the Dome. You have a chance to go ahead of the Saints early, you do it, ESPECIALLY in the Dome. That offense is too high powered to have to come from behind by more than 10 points.

2. Why go away from the run??? Even if we are down by 10, you still need to run the ball. Our terrible offensive line was dominant at run blocking, but they went away from it.

I believe with the right offseason, this team will be more complete to battle an offensive powerhouse, like the Saints. We just arent there yet.

I do have issues with the team, though:

1. Offensive line obviously. Outside of Pouncey, who is a top 2 center in the league, the line is GARBAGE. I thought Clabo would come in and solidify the right side, but damn he has been bad. Martin has been decent at the left tackle spot, and Id be fine with him there, if we can get a LF, RG, and RT, which wont happen until the offseason.

2. Tanny's pocket presence worries me. When he knows where he is going, he delivers the ball on time, and accurately. But he has to go through his progressions, he tends to hold onto the ball too much, and pays the price for it. I would like to see him be a bit more decisive, and when he sees there is nothing there, take off and gain some yardage. I think the way this coaching staff babied him last year, it really stunted his growth, and messed with his head a bit. The TOs I can deal with, as he will learn with experience, but I dont know if pocket presence can be taught as much as the other aspects of the position. You either have elite pocket presence (Luck), or you dont.

3. Offense is plain as vanilla ice cream, no creativity at all. You see the offensive line is a problem, why not move the pocket, since Tanny is good on the run. Throw some bubble screens there, some unbalanced lines, something. People are complaining about our high priced WR not doing his job, well, you have to get him the ball in order to do his job. If Tanny does not have time to go to him deep, move Wallace around, and find ways to get the ball in his hands, into Miller's hand, into Thigpens hands. These are playmakers, and need to be utilized more!

What I would like to see happen, which will not happen anytime soon, is Sherman replaced. This team needs new blood at the OC position, one who understands the players on this team, and one who understands the new passing NFL. One who has more creativity, and can better utilize our playmakers.

Old
10-07-2013, 09:40 AM
ShootIt

Ugh

Disappointing loss.

The offensive line is offensive. No run game and Tanny is the #1 sacked QB in the league.
Defense was ok. Disagreed with some of those PI calls in the 3rd? that allowed the Ravens to tie it up.
Sucked watching the defense give up those big plays almost all day.

Cowboys:

Defense? What's that?

Great game by Romo. He's cursed though. Might need to sell his soul to the devil or some ****.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Ugh

Disappointing loss.

The offensive line is offensive. No run game and Tanny is the #1 sacked QB in the league.
Defense was ok. Disagreed with some of those PI calls in the 3rd? that allowed the Ravens to tie it up.
Sucked watching the defense give up those big plays almost all day.

Cowboys:

Defense? What's that?

Great game by Romo. He's cursed though. Might need to sell his soul to the devil or some ****.
I would go in depth on the team again, but I already stated it right above your post. The offensive line is a joke. Outside of Pounce, there is nothing there. They need help desperately, and if I was Ireland, I would go after Joe Thomas. He would solidify the LT spot, and allow Martin to move to RT, which would be a big improvement over what we have now. But Im sure Ireland will wait until the offseason to address the Oline, and its unfortunate, because we have a good team this year, but our Oline will hold us back from doing anything in the playoffs.

And for gods sake, get rid of Sherman! We need someone young and fresh running the offense.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:57 AM
ShootIt

What's a reasonable offer for Thomas? I would love to have him but is he worth giving up a first for?

wish we could of gone after Monroe.
Richie looks like crap now, too bad he isn't the player he was couple years ago.
Might as well see how well/bad Watkins and Dallas Thomas are.
Jerry and Incognito suck.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:47 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
What's a reasonable offer for Thomas? I would love to have him but is he worth giving up a first for?

Richie looks like crap now, too bad he isn't the player he was couple years ago.
Clabo has been the worst, IMO. His sack late in the game killed us yesterday. And most thought, including me, that he would be a great addition to the line. They should have made the move for Albert in the offseason (LT from KC), and moved Martin to RT, which would put us in a much better position than we are now.

As far as Thomas is concerned, I thought I read somewhere that it would cost less than a 1st rounder for him, but Im not sure. He is 28, has good health, and would shore up our left side for the next few years, but Im not giving up a 1st rounder for him. If its a 2nd, and a player or pick on top of that, then I would do it.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
ShootIt

Old
10-18-2013, 11:48 PM
gizmo12688

UCF with the upset over Louisville! GO KNIGHTS!

gizmo12688 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 04:10 PM
ShootIt

This line is beyond awful.

They need to bench almost all of them. Cut Clabo, ****ing awful

Old
10-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

The Dolphins have another coaching staff that wants to jam a square peg into a round hole. They have a poor Oline and a young ATHLETIC QB that they just absolutely refuse to roll out in a supposed WEST COAST OFFENSE!

No wait, lets make him take hits and become a pocket passer.

Just blows my mind how these people draw a check.

Eggblag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

It was nice knowing you. Those were my thoughts after Miami signed Mike Wallace during the off-season.

The coaching staff and GM have to get their heads out of their behinds.

Good luck with that. At least they tried to look good on paper.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:37 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Kneading Goals View Post
The Dolphins have another coaching staff that wants to jam a square peg into a round hole. They have a poor Oline and a young ATHLETIC QB that they just absolutely refuse to roll out in a supposed WEST COAST OFFENSE!

No wait, lets make him take hits and become a pocket passer.

Just blows my mind how these people draw a check.
If Tannehill had any kind of pocket presence it would help. Dude your O-line sucks don't stand there expecting not to get hit. There are times he just sits there thinking he has all day and he is lucky to have a second or two max. The line is atrocious Clabo is worse than Columbo was. Team is very frustrating to watch the O-line is like the panthers defense a complete cluster ****.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
If Tannehill had any kind of pocket presence it would help. Dude your O-line sucks don't stand there expecting not to get hit. There are times he just sits there thinking he has all day and he is lucky to have a second or two max. The line is atrocious Clabo is worse than Columbo was. Team is very frustrating to watch the O-line is like the panthers defense a complete cluster ****.
A simple roll out play would help to fix this. You cannot just sit him behind a poor line and ask why he didn't get rid of the ball. That's folly. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

The west coast offense is designed for roll outs with an athletic QB that can throw well on the run, which Tannehill can. They just refuse to do it.

Old
10-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Let them keep trying to make him into something he isn't. In the end if they can't ,just call Tanny a bust and roll on.

Last edited by Eggblag: 10-20-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old
10-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Management knew that Tannehill was raw and needed molding. Yet they ignore upgrading his protection or playing to his strengths and wonder why he turns into a turnover machine.

Unbelievable!

Old
10-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

It's not just the Dolphins that do this. Coaches in every sport do too. Even the mighty Miami Heat have miss used Chris Bosh but they have the talent to overcome that shortcoming so it doesn't get brought up much.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

I do understand that the Oline in Miami is a serious problem. Yes, Tanny needs to get rid of the ball sooner on crunch time plays where he's expected to make a pocket pass. Philbin & Sherman could help themselves and their winning % by keeping their young,franchise QB away from troubled areas. The more they keep him away from the pocket (this year), the better imo. I don't expect them to go to the superbowl but these last two games were very winnable if they used their heads a bit.