HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Legwand

Old
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
harro92

vCash: 500
David Legwand

he seems to put up alright numbers every year, what type of center is he and what line is he best suited to ?
And would he have good value to tarde to a team in need of a center of his calibre

harro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I think he's too big of a deal in Nashville to be moved without an hefty overpayment.

Last edited by deytookerjaabs: 09-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Legwand will retire a Predator IMO. He also have a NTC, so he would have to agree to any trade.

He is an excellent defensive center who can put up some points. He plays the second line in Nashville, and that is a pretty good spot for him. If your team has enough center depth to run him on the third line that would be great.

He is a pretty good skater. I believe it was Paul Kariya who said he has deceptive speed. He is excellent on the back check. He is a leader on the ice and in the locker room. Overall I'd say Legwand is a great professional if not an elite scoring talent.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Legwand will retire a Predator IMO. He also have a NTC, so he would have to agree to any trade.

He is an excellent defensive center who can put up some points. He plays the second line in Nashville, and that is a pretty good spot for him. If your team has enough center depth to run him on the third line that would be great.

He is a pretty good skater. I believe it was Paul Kariya who said he has deceptive speed. He is excellent on the back check. He is a leader on the ice and in the locker room. Overall I'd say Legwand is a great professional if not an elite scoring talent.
Ok, but you can't call someone who has eclipsed the 20 goal mark twice in their career an elite scoring talent.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Which is exactly why I didn't. I said he is a great professional even if he is not an elite scoring talent. I guess I should have clarified. My bad.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
We all no know that David is not an elite scoring talent. But hope springs eternal each year in Nashville.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:33 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
We all no know that David is not an elite scoring talent. But hope springs eternal each year in Nashville.
Hope for David Legwand from Preds fans? When does that happen?

Old
09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

Legwand was literally the first draft pick in Nashville Predators' history and pretty much exemplifies Predators' hockey. I doubt they'd trade him unless it the offer was something ridiculous.

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:49 PM
thrillhouse99

At this point in his career I don't think he would get moved unless he wanted to be traded for some reason or was hanging on past his expire date and the team was forced to let him go (like modano in Dallas).

As far as what type of player he is, he is a very good two way centre, probably a solid second liner on a good team but has often been a first liner. He is the type of player who five years after retirement will still be remembered fondly by predator fans but largely forgotten everywhere else.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:55 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
Legwand was literally the first draft pick in Nashville Predators' history and pretty much exemplifies Predators' hockey. I doubt they'd trade him unless it the offer was something ridiculous.
Came here to say the bolded. I don't know, as I'm not a Preds fan, but I have a feeling that Legwand is to Preds fans what Alfie is to Sens fans. I think (and personally I hope) that he will be a Predator for his entire career. I'm a big fan of good players playing an entire long career with the team that drafted him, so I truly hope he never wears another jersey. Its the same reason that I think its a crying shame that, for example, Linden didn't play his whole career with Vancouver.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Ok, but you can't call someone who has eclipsed the 20 goal mark twice in their career an elite scoring talent.
to be fair, injuries have played a part in that. in several seasons, he was in the 18-19 goal zone, but only played say, 65 games.

I'm not saying he's an "elite scorer," but I do think he's an elite defensive center that is also pretty reliable offensively.

And he's money in shootouts, so there's that.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
Hey, the Jackets effectively traded Klesla for cap space.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:02 PM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Yeah, I don't see the Preds getting what they would consider equal value back for Legwand. The guy's a good player and all but you have to think Nashville would ask a lot if they where to trade him.

09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

I'll take a conditional 7th for him.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I'll take a conditional 7th for him.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Zippy316

Predators aren't in a position to trade any forwards really, and definitely not their top six forwards.

Don't understand why people keep throwing or asking about forwards or defenders on teams that can't afford to give them up.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote