HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper draft prospects

Old
08-12-2016, 03:45 PM
CacOBG

vCash: 500
Keeper draft prospects

Hi all, would you draft Murray / Vasilevskiy in a 12 team, 2 G keeper league? Seems a bit risky in the short term considering I don't have a stud number 1 G. What are your thoughts? Would you go for 1 of them or one of the lower tier confirmed number 1 goalies as your second goalie? Stats are W, GAA, SV%, Saves, Shutouts.

CacOBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2016, 04:54 PM
donut
#11forever

vCash: 19010
Depends on who you have as your starter right now (if you have one). If I had to pick one of the two, I'd say it's a safer bet with Vasilevski than Murray. Rumor mill is saying that Bishop will be moved before the end of the upcoming season.

donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2016, 05:33 PM
CacOBG

Im hoping to draft one of Gibson, Elliott or Mrazek as No1. So no, definitely don't have an established G at the moment, all the stud were already taken

Old
08-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Mista

Hellebuyck could be a really good pick Imo ! hes clearly the future for jets and the jets future looks bright with that young core ( Laine, Scheifele, ehlers, Petan, Connor, Morissey)

Mista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2016, 03:01 PM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista View Post
Hellebuyck could be a really good pick Imo ! hes clearly the future for jets and the jets future looks bright with that young core ( Laine, Scheifele, ehlers, Petan, Connor, Morissey)
Would you risk going into this season with Lehner and Helle? This way I can concentrate on drafting skaters early and pick the two goalies in final 2 rounds as I assume both will be still there. I've got 10 skater and 5 G cats in the league.

That is of course if I can't snag Gibson or Mrazek in rounds 2 and maybe 4 respectively.

Old
08-13-2016, 05:16 PM
TheForsbergShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacOBG View Post
Would you risk going into this season with Lehner and Helle? This way I can concentrate on drafting skaters early and pick the two goalies in final 2 rounds as I assume both will be still there. I've got 10 skater and 5 G cats in the league.

That is of course if I can't snag Gibson or Mrazek in rounds 2 and maybe 4 respectively.
I wouldnt risk going in with that duo since I dont even think Helly is backup this year unless one of the others get injured like last season. Definately try and get gibson or Mrazek or Elliot. Having no solid goalie is super risky. Lehner also was hurt a lot last season you better have a good backup plan if that happens again.

TheForsbergShow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2016, 08:29 AM
CacOBG

I think current ranking for me is as follows:
Mrazek, Elliott, Lehner, Bob, Andersen, Anderson, Varlamov, Talbot, Mason

Thoughts? Will look to grab Mrazek ot Elliott in round 2 if they are still available and one of the others in round 4 (had to get Simmonds in round 1 as he covers so many skater cats...). If both Elliott and Mrazek are gone in round 2, probably will try to get 2 of the others in rounds 3 and 4.

Old
08-14-2016, 01:28 PM
TheForsbergShow

Ya Im in the same situation as you kinda as those will most likely be my main targets in my draft. I am leaning towards Elliott for mine but nothing wrong with that order. You could also pick Talbot maybe a bit higher as one of these days the Oiilers will be good lol

TheForsbergShow is online now   Reply With Quote