HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Need advice for my keepers pool

Old
08-09-2016, 07:49 AM
MichelTheWonderful

vCash: 500
Need advice for my keepers pool

Im in this hockey pool where we get to keep 7 players a year. We are 11 GM. The rest of the players goes into a draft where we pick by spending PuckBucks, those puckbucks are attributed by your position in the standings, lets say you finish last, you get arround 1000. Anyways, here is a list of my players, i need to keep 7 of them. Also keep in mind I need 3 center, 3RW, 3LW, 4D , 2G and a rookie.

Center :
Galchenyuk
Toews

Johansson

LW :
Hertl
Pacioretty
E. Kane
Drouin

RW :
Niederreter
J. Hayes
Gaborik
Ehlers

D:
OEL
Doughty
Josi
Barrie

G:
Fleury
Quick

The scoring system is as follow : fowards gets 1pts for goal and assist.
Defenseman get 2pts for goal and 1.5pts for assist
Goalie gets : 1.5 for a win, 5 for a shutout.

Anyways, ive marked the player I tought would be a good keep, but there is too many, I know this is a long post but i'd still appreciate help, Im pretty sure i'll keep my 4 defenseman. My ? comes in with fleury,drouin,galchenyuk,toews

MichelTheWonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 02:30 PM
ConorMcGregor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelTheWonderful View Post
Im in this hockey pool where we get to keep 7 players a year. We are 11 GM. The rest of the players goes into a draft where we pick by spending PuckBucks, those puckbucks are attributed by your position in the standings, lets say you finish last, you get arround 1000. Anyways, here is a list of my players, i need to keep 7 of them. Also keep in mind I need 3 center, 3RW, 3LW, 4D , 2G and a rookie.

Center :
Galchenyuk
Toews

Johansson

LW :
Hertl
Pacioretty
E. Kane
Drouin

RW :
Niederreter
J. Hayes
Gaborik
Ehlers

D:
OEL
Doughty
Josi
Barrie

G:
Fleury
Quick

The scoring system is as follow : fowards gets 1pts for goal and assist.
Defenseman get 2pts for goal and 1.5pts for assist
Goalie gets : 1.5 for a win, 5 for a shutout.

Anyways, ive marked the player I tought would be a good keep, but there is too many, I know this is a long post but i'd still appreciate help, Im pretty sure i'll keep my 4 defenseman. My ? comes in with fleury,drouin,galchenyuk,toews
Under that scoring system......Yeah, Defensemen. 40 assists is equal to 60 points and 10 goals = 20 points, so you can't lose any of them. A 50 point guy is worth more than almost any forward in the league.

Keep Quick, and Fleury despite the uncertainty of him starting since Murray won the cup and will get extended looks to shop him before the deadline. He is more hit or miss with Shutouts but...... Quick you can bank on 5-6 shutouts a year. That's 25-30 points there, along with 30-40 wins, which is another 45-60 points.

Fleury will still probably play 50 games. but is not a lock for 65 anymore due to circumstances so he is no longer a lock for 35+ wins. but he probably still gets near 30. Shutouts is a different bag. He is all over the map but "SHOULD" still get around 5. Assuming he gets 5 Shutouts for 25 points and 30ish wins for 45 points, he is still locked for more than all your forwards.

Toews sucks in this format. Pacioretti has never hit 70 points.

Quite frankly, and I know It will not be popular opinion, Ehlers or Drouin should be good for at least 50 points, and possibly more. Drouin was on fire in the playoffs.

Ehlers is more of a personal pick. he started last year hot for 10 games when given top 6 times, then faded as he was demoted to play with Thorburn on the 3rd line. Upon Little's injury and Ladd's trade, he became a lock for the 1st line. They formed a trio of Ehlers/Scheifele/Wheeler that the coach said is staying together. Ehlers had 25 points in his final 30 games and was getting better and better.

I know his 38 points in 72 games does not look sexy. but 25 of those came in the last 30 games due to these circumstances. His first 10 games of the season were also spent in the top 6 and he was 8 points in 10 games.

A full season of top PP and first line duties to me screams he will hit 65+ points. Potentially 70+. He doesn't have roadblocks anymore. Wheeler gets replaces by Laine in a few years.

Drouin is more of a question mark. His sitout last year and coach demoting him regularly despite his talent.

I saw both these kids play regularly for the Mooseheads, and I am going with Ehlers here, but it is close.

Pacioretty is the safest "60-65 point" bet, but that is his ceiling. But Ehlers is who I would pick here.

Galchenyuk is his only real competition. Therrien HATES him and regularly plays Desharnais over him on the top PP because he is his little french canadian illegitimate son. He might get paired with Radulov and Pacioretti and would probably hit 70 points then. but he may also get moved to wing and benched for stupid reasons again.

Habs fans regularly RAGE over Desharnais getting 20 minutes of PP time a game while he went 30 games without a PP point, merely because he is the coaches boy and french.

if they fire Therien, then I might keep Gally. But Ehlers I feel a sure bet

I am keeping Ehlers myself over Draisaitl for my final keeper spot.

Last edited by ConorMcGregor: 08-09-2016 at 02:40 PM.
ConorMcGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 02:57 PM
donut
#11forever

vCash: 18010
I think it's a no-brainer to keep the 4 defenders. Drouin, Ehlers and Quick would probably my 3 to round out the 7 keepers you need.

Galchenyuk and Toews are definitely worth the consideration but as long as Therrien is in MTL, I don't see Galchenyuk breaking out statistically and the way scoring works for your league, it doesn't exactly separate Toews from the rest.

donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2016, 08:26 AM
MichelTheWonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorMcGregor View Post
Under that scoring system......Yeah, Defensemen. 40 assists is equal to 60 points and 10 goals = 20 points, so you can't lose any of them. A 50 point guy is worth more than almost any forward in the league.

Keep Quick, and Fleury despite the uncertainty of him starting since Murray won the cup and will get extended looks to shop him before the deadline. He is more hit or miss with Shutouts but...... Quick you can bank on 5-6 shutouts a year. That's 25-30 points there, along with 30-40 wins, which is another 45-60 points.

Fleury will still probably play 50 games. but is not a lock for 65 anymore due to circumstances so he is no longer a lock for 35+ wins. but he probably still gets near 30. Shutouts is a different bag. He is all over the map but "SHOULD" still get around 5. Assuming he gets 5 Shutouts for 25 points and 30ish wins for 45 points, he is still locked for more than all your forwards.

Toews sucks in this format. Pacioretti has never hit 70 points.

Quite frankly, and I know It will not be popular opinion, Ehlers or Drouin should be good for at least 50 points, and possibly more. Drouin was on fire in the playoffs.

Ehlers is more of a personal pick. he started last year hot for 10 games when given top 6 times, then faded as he was demoted to play with Thorburn on the 3rd line. Upon Little's injury and Ladd's trade, he became a lock for the 1st line. They formed a trio of Ehlers/Scheifele/Wheeler that the coach said is staying together. Ehlers had 25 points in his final 30 games and was getting better and better.

I know his 38 points in 72 games does not look sexy. but 25 of those came in the last 30 games due to these circumstances. His first 10 games of the season were also spent in the top 6 and he was 8 points in 10 games.

A full season of top PP and first line duties to me screams he will hit 65+ points. Potentially 70+. He doesn't have roadblocks anymore. Wheeler gets replaces by Laine in a few years.

Drouin is more of a question mark. His sitout last year and coach demoting him regularly despite his talent.

I saw both these kids play regularly for the Mooseheads, and I am going with Ehlers here, but it is close.

Pacioretty is the safest "60-65 point" bet, but that is his ceiling. But Ehlers is who I would pick here.

Galchenyuk is his only real competition. Therrien HATES him and regularly plays Desharnais over him on the top PP because he is his little french canadian illegitimate son. He might get paired with Radulov and Pacioretti and would probably hit 70 points then. but he may also get moved to wing and benched for stupid reasons again.

Habs fans regularly RAGE over Desharnais getting 20 minutes of PP time a game while he went 30 games without a PP point, merely because he is the coaches boy and french.

if they fire Therien, then I might keep Gally. But Ehlers I feel a sure bet

I am keeping Ehlers myself over Draisaitl for my final keeper spot.
Thanks for your input, I knew Toews was pretty bad for this format, but I tought id drop Fleury too because of Murray, I still have a cupple of weeks to decide so maybe we'll know more about the goalie situation. Also, I didnt know ehlers had such a great end of the year with the Jets, he makes it way harder to drop. The thing is, if I drop him, I can probably pick him up cheap again in our draft, as for galchenyuk, people will clearly scoop him quickly.

MichelTheWonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2016, 06:54 PM
ConorMcGregor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelTheWonderful View Post
Thanks for your input, I knew Toews was pretty bad for this format, but I tought id drop Fleury too because of Murray, I still have a cupple of weeks to decide so maybe we'll know more about the goalie situation. Also, I didnt know ehlers had such a great end of the year with the Jets, he makes it way harder to drop. The thing is, if I drop him, I can probably pick him up cheap again in our draft, as for galchenyuk, people will clearly scoop him quickly.
Yeah, he is a fly under the radar option. Unless your league has knowledgeable GM's, you might be able to get him quite late. But if you have some studious GM's..........

Scheifele is a guy I'd rank above Ehlers who will not be as far under the radar. His trend up is visible and his ceiling is top 10 in scoring next year. 34 points his rookie season, to 49 his 2nd season, to 61 in 71 games this season. He had a light concussion midseason and was stuck with perreault and Stafford before Little went down, but then came back and Little went down. Given 1st line duties with Wheeler and Ehlers after the Ladd trade....17 goals and 17 assists for 34 points in his last 26 games.....

I have 2 first round picks in my keep 5 pool(4th and 9th overall) and I need a 2nd goalie, but if Scheifele is not scooped in our expansion draft(Going to 14 teams each picking 5 before the draft) I am using my first pick on him unless someone else is around who blows me away.

I suspect the guy who has him doesn't believe in him quite yet.

ConorMcGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Craig Fischer
HFB Partner

What I would do. Quick, OEL, Doughty, Barrie, Josi, Johansson, and then gamble on Drouin/Gally.

08-12-2016, 04:38 PM
IceCoast

Your forward group is weak. You need to make some trades.

IceCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Mista

Johansson ? Marcus? Nah................

Mista is offline   Reply With Quote