HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Old
04-20-2013, 01:03 AM
robotco

vCash: 500
aw yeaah. i'm on my way to tier II for the first time in my career. fun times ahead.

robotco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Just had a player train at 81 today. Not sure I've ever had a player train high before.

EDIT: The 2-0 start is interesting. I was expecting another mediocre year training in III.4.

Last edited by Rune Forumwalker: 04-24-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 09:10 PM
poppap527

Woot, my 20 year old future star goalie, just outdueled Midwest K-aos and the US-U20, backup goalie.

That's what happens when you snub Bobby Steele!

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
I want to quit so bad
Don't do it, tujague! Rebuild and steal the title!

Old
05-01-2013, 09:29 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Don't do it, tujague! Rebuild and steal the title!
I'm trying not to. I lost a UFA dman during my little hiatus. Trying to replace him now. Won a UFA. My first in forever. Maybe ever? Still waiting to see if I get him. But now that money has been tied up for a week. So I can't buy anyone else. Effing eff.

I can't rebuild. I still have the best team in the effing US. At least that's what I think that ranking bit means. So annoying.

Oh. And congrats to the Ugly ****ing Cows on the series win. And to smetana on the mother ****ing title. Awesome work, you sonsuh*****es.

tujague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Oh, you have enough players so you can simply retool with veterans instead of 17 year olds? Good stuff.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:32 AM
smetana
B2B2B2B HA Champs

Heeyyy, nice thread title there, tujague! Your turn now, perhaps?

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:09 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
Heeyyy, nice thread title there, tujague! Your turn now, perhaps?
Sorry it took so long I'm just getting really tired of falling short.

Quote:
Oh, you have enough players so you can simply retool with veterans instead of 17 year olds? Good stuff.
Yeah. The team still isn't in horrible shape. If I had real plans to stick it out, I probably should sell now while some of my players have great value. But I want to win something for ****s sake.

I have one C at -12P, one at -6P, goalie Humes is -6, D Streeter (my one and only youth pull to ever make the starting lineup during this 15+ season rebuild. Not to mention the 3-4 seasons before that when I was just waiting for some good pulls to rebuild around. **** youth school is ****) is -5 and I have 3 at 0P.

The rest are two 12P, three 18P, one at 24P, and four at 29P. So not awful. Unfortunately I've not done nearly enough training & selling in the last however many seasons. So I don't really have any money. And I've spent a bit more than I would have normally just to get something done.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Rune Forumwalker

That's more -P players than I would want on my team.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:50 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
My U20 player trained at 104 today. Holy hell.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:54 AM
tujague

Quote:
That's more -P players than I would want on my team.
Well duh. I didn't say I was happy about it. I just want to win a damn title. And the two Cs still have great AI. Stanek, now on the third line has 330, and Kronbergs at 362. Humes is still a very good goalie with 314AI. Streeter is also around 343. So I have one more season with them. The two centers are over 400 exp, Streeter is close at 386 and Humes has 285. Stanek will be the next player replaced if I can ever afford it.

It's either stick with them a lot longer than i ever wanted to or sell everyone. I'm not sure if I could care enough to do another rebuild.

If I fail again, likely, then I might try to reload. If I could get a decent third line and possibly a goalie, maybe I could stay in contention.

I wish the stupid game would give me a good youth pull to get excited about. This is a ridiculous dry spell.

Last edited by tujague: 05-05-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Rune Forumwalker

How does your team and lines stack up to the others with the negative potential? You use the HA-extra addon to view extra stats in the match log, right?

Just wondering if even with a few players on the decline how the line by line, position by position AI's stack up and if the decline will hurt you when you reach the playoffs.

You could probably also replace just those four players and still stick in I.1, maybe even another season replacing the next three.

Also I haven't had much luck with my own YS which is interesting with how lucky I was with that team of something like 10/17 players being YP's that got to I.1. The best was three seasons ago when I got a 19 y/o, now 22, 87/max-2/+2.

Old
05-05-2013, 05:10 PM
tujague

No clue how I stack up. I haven't looked at any of that in a long time. I know that at the beginning of the season I had the top team according to the rankings. Looks like I still do - Atomics. 63rd best team in the game. At least I think that's what the 'Rank' means. I've had the best team in the US for a while. According to that thing.

Does HA Extra still work? Can I get a link?

Old
05-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Does HA Extra still work? Can I get a link?
Yeah it does. Whenever it didn't I just lurked in the international board waiting for a thread about it not working and a link would come.

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....09&last_seen=0

http://hastats.kapsi.fi/ha-extra2_new.xpi

EDIT: Comparing you to primetime, your team has more depth while primetime has higher top end talent. No other team has 3 full lines averaging 300+ AI.

Last edited by Rune Forumwalker: 05-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 01:31 AM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Hey all, I played a few years ago as sabrefan2930. Totally forgot my old password for that account and, apparently, the email address associated with it, so I started over again. I know I've had at least one abortive attempt at a comeback to HA, but I'm hoping to stick around for good this time.

I started up a new team today and got placed in V.3. V. leagues seem dead now compared to what they once were during my first stint. Sort of a shame. Also, I'd forgotten how much your team SUCKS at the beginning, so I've been dedicating some time to scouring the market for capable players on the cheap/free. Snagged a few guys that should allow me to at least be competitive in this crapfest of a league. At least, we can hope.

Link to my new team

Good to be back. It looks like most of you have climbed the ladder pretty high, so it'll probably be quite some time before I'm playing meaningful games against any of you

BuffaloNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:07 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloNick View Post
Hey all, I played a few years ago as sabrefan2930.

I started up a new team today and got placed in V.3. V. leagues seem dead now compared to what they once were during my first stint. Sort of a shame.
Oh yeah, I remember you. IIRC we had some good battles in IV and V leagues. The amount of managers has really decreased, yeah, you are seeing that firsthand. That's probably why I was able to luck into I.1 a few seasons ago. Well I feel like I lucked into promotion there, but that team was no where near good enough to do anything besides finishes out of the playoffs but avoiding relegation there.

Quote:
I started up a new team today and got placed in V.3. V. leagues seem dead now compared to what they once were during my first stint. Sort of a shame. Also, I'd forgotten how much your team SUCKS at the beginning, so I've been dedicating some time to scouring the market for capable players on the cheap/free. Snagged a few guys that should allow me to at least be competitive in this crapfest of a league. At least, we can hope.

Link to my new team
I have a few sub-80Q players I was thinking about selling to clear a bunch of space and only going with 75Q or higher for train and sells. Could toss a few your way.

50/50 Goalie, 70/M-2/+3

Center/forward 71/M-4

Defense, 71/M-5

Center/Forward, 71/Max

Defense, 72/M-5

Wing, 72/M-2

Defense, 73/M-2/?+

Wing, 73/M-2

Defense, 73/M-5

Defense, 74/Max

Old
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Quote:
Oh yeah, I remember you. IIRC we had some good battles in IV and V leagues. The amount of managers has really decreased, yeah, you are seeing that firsthand. That's probably why I was able to luck into I.1 a few seasons ago. Well I feel like I lucked into promotion there, but that team was no where near good enough to do anything besides finishes out of the playoffs but avoiding relegation there.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we fought it out back in the glory days of V.4/IV.2. Congrats on making the big show; I think the closest I ever got was a few seasons in III.

Quote:
I have a few sub-80Q players I was thinking about selling to clear a bunch of space and only going with 75Q or higher for train and sells. Could toss a few your way.

50/50 Goalie, 70/M-2/+3

Center/forward 71/M-4

Defense, 71/M-5

Center/Forward, 71/Max

Defense, 72/M-5

Wing, 72/M-2

Defense, 73/M-2/?+

Wing, 73/M-2

Defense, 73/M-5

Defense, 74/Max
Honestly, anyone you'd be willing to list would probably be a huge help. Some of the guys I've got are just horrendous. I've gotten a few decent players, but definitely need some more.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:40 PM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

And so, my first game back. I'll call it a success. 4-0 win, shots were 54-6 in my favor. How the hell did his crappy goalie stand on his head like that?

Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that about half my guys couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Just maybe.

Still, some decent signs. The 0P vet I snagged for 10k potted two, and my 22 year old, 148 AI center (74/35, nice center distribution, cost 50k) had one. My Frenchy goalie (21 y/o, 135 AI, 74/65?) wasn't tested much, but did what he had to do.

All in all, I'll take it. Moved up from 13th to 12th. No, I didn't inherit the team in a very good position. I'm working on it.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Honestly, anyone you'd be willing to list would probably be a huge help. Some of the guys I've got are just horrendous. I've gotten a few decent players, but definitely need some more.
These guys aren't that good considering low Q and how I tend to build T&S's.

Wing, Defense, Center, and Defense.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:34 AM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Thanks a lot, they're fine for my purposes at the present time. Put an initial bid in on all of them, hopefully I get some/all. Picked up a few new guys tonight as well, including a Bulgarian defenseman I quite like and a Canadian wing who will be a nice piece once his energy gets back to the point where he's playable. Throw in a slick Russian forward for 10k (about 50/50 ATT/SHO, 83Q but with probably-MIN P) and it's not a bad night.

Hoping to give the first ranked team a bit of a surprise tomorrow. They're undefeated on the season (9-0). My team is undefeated since I took the reins (1-0). A clash of the titans coming in V.3 tomorrow, book your tickets now.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:01 AM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

If only the wings I picked up tonight (the Canadian and a Spanish guy I just grabbed for free named Fermín Falcón--how cool of a name is that?) hadn't had their energies run into the 20s by the idiots who had them before me, I'd feel a lot better about this game.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
RW8

I'm kinda shocked right now...

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....nc&id=29674389

328 mil??

Since he's playing like 10 minutes a game for me as a 3rd line player I'm actually considering taking the 200 mil compensation and buying someone similar...

I've actually recently retained a couple UFAs with more AI and twice the exp for less money than that.

RW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
tujague

That's some terrible luck, RW8. I'm not even sure I would have bid on that guy with his low exp, much less gone anywhere near 300M.

This is one of the top goal scorers in US I.1 this season. WTF?
Code:
  Information about player Albert Schaller, id 29525929
Age 	26 	  	Country 	 Austria
Contract 	62 days 	  	Team 	Central Blue Devils
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 93%
		  	Potential 	 24%
Ability index 	328 	  	Loyalty 	 +
Satisfaction 	devoted 	  	Weeks in team 	92
Goalie's weak spot 	? 	  	Star 	
  Attributes
Goalie 	0 	  	Speed 	14
Defense 	0 	  	Strength 	2
Offense 	126 	  	Self-control 	24
Shooting 	137 	  	Form 	100 (0)
Passing 	25 	  	Experience 	224
Energy 	100 	  	Training
And I've trained my centers to have a ton of Pass, but it has not worked out at all. They currently have 64, 70 & 87 with 6, 4 & 7 assists.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Diskothek

Quote:
Hey all, I played a few years ago as sabrefan2930. Totally forgot my old password for that account and, apparently, the email address associated with it, so I started over again. I know I've had at least one abortive attempt at a comeback to HA, but I'm hoping to stick around for good this time.
Hey I think we played together for a couple seasons back then. I believe my team was the Seal Clubbers. I also came back recently with a new team after a hiatus.

---

9 games in I'm 3rd in IV.8 with the best GF/GA and 2 points out of first.

Last edited by Diskothek: 05-07-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Hey I think we played together for a couple seasons back then. I believe my team was the Seal Clubbers. I also came back recently with a new team after a hiatus.

---

9 games in I'm 3rd in IV.8 with the best GF/GA and 2 points out of first.
Ah, the good old days. Sounds like your reset is going well, congrats.

Blew a two goal lead to fall to the league leaders 2-3. Not happy with the result, but it's sort of a statement that I was able to be more competitive with him than any other team has been this year.