HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Old
06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Rune Forumwalker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillblood Maloney View Post
i have seen some players start their young "goalie of the future" for the first few minutes of the game and then pull him and put in their higher AI goalie for the rest of the game. One guy said he did it so his young guy would train better and get experience.
I did this for the last few goalies I had, but that was before the update. Did it both after a certain number of minutes and after allowing one goal that puts me behind in the game. Both worked well enough for me, but again that was before the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
I still dont get the goalies trainning. Mine always train a lot less than the rest of the team.

Im starting a rebuild and the only thing left is a goalie exactly beacuse im not sure i should buy a 17 year old one or not. Im afraid he wont train well.
Well I have a few ideas, but I haven't trained a goalie since the changes were made. I'm not sure what would be different, but I'd probably just do what I did before and tweak it as necessary.

You could keep the veteran goalie until the other kids are 21-23 then get a new goalie and throw him in there. It would be a little easier on him because the players in front of him are decent instead of youths learning the ropes. Or get the young goalie now and have him split time with the veteran. Then there is a combination of the above where you wait until the other kids are 21-23, get the young goalie, and have both him and the veteran split time.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
BruinsPortugal

Sounds like a plan. Now i just need the goalie

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

So I got a pull who looks like he might not totally suck, at least based on his QP.

Allen Nettles (age 16) 85? Q, 83? P, Defense, 16? AI

What are the thresholds for AI/age as relates to Q again? Keep in mind that this guy's coming out of my humble 32 YS.

BuffaloNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Rune Forumwalker

It's 30 AI for a 16 year old to be 90Q, and high 20's for ~85Q (I think?), but I'm not sure how that translates to your level of YS.

Old
06-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Spillblood Maloney

9 goals in the last 2 games for William Weber. best $400 million ive spent.

Spillblood Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 147
Congrats to tujague on the I.1 regular season title!

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:01 PM
poppap527

Has the Q/P Checker site on the first page been down for anyone else? Can't get it to load.

Anyone want to tell me what they get for Adam Lenco here?
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....nc&id=32374546

Thanks

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:35 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Congrats to tujague on the I.1 regular season title!
What? WHAT?

It's...true?

The last 5 years of my life have not been in vain.

Yes!

That was an expensive ass trophy. 250k win bonuses in at least half the games

tujague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Congrats tujague, but the playoff trophy is the one that really matters. Go get that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That was an expensive ass trophy. 250k win bonuses in at least half the games
That's nothing. Try offering 1M for win bonuses.

Old
06-07-2013, 01:08 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Congrats tujague, but the playoff trophy is the one that really matters. Go get that one too!
Screw that. I already have everyone on the market

No, I don't.

Of course The playoff title is the real title, but I'm happy with anything at this point. I'll go for it, but the regular season title might be enough to allow me to finally let go of these players. My original plan was to win the playoffs several seasons ago, then try to sell players to reload and remain competitive in I.1. Being HerrDoktor's ***** for so long ruined that. The guys i need to replace are 0 or -6 P, or worse. Not much value. So I'd need to sell the other guys to get some decent money. Which means a full rebuild.

That's pretty ****ing scary. Maybe my youth school can finally give me a decent player or two to get things kick started? Hahahahaha. I'm so funny.

Quote:
That's nothing. Try offering 1M for win bonuses.
For regular season games? That's obscene. I've gone all-in with the max 3M for playoff games over the last several seasons. I don't think I've ever been in a position to need a 1M bonus in the regular season.

I had been doing 100k bonuses for the last several years. I think it slowly crept up to 250k as I lost the desire to pay too much attention.

Old
06-07-2013, 05:12 AM
smetana

Nice going, tujague! Now get that playoff trophy! I don't see myself standing in your way this time. I've been barely paying attention, my TS is *****, and I'm still considering a rebuild.

If I do decide to blow it up, I'll sell my best guys on Big Thursday, which will mean a quick playoff exit for me.

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I am really thrilled with my season in USA 1.1. Congrats Tujague, as I was the guy behind you for most of the year. That might change after today's games, but I have two very winnable games to end the campaign. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I could finish 2nd or even 3rd in this cycle with my roster. I think my Top 22 AI is 272? A true two line team.

My hope is that I can at least make it look respectable in the playoffs the first time I run up against one of you 320+ AI monsters. Home ice should be a big benefit unless and until I meet you Tujague!

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
The guys i need to replace are 0 or -6 P, or worse. Not much value. So I'd need to sell the other guys to get some decent money. Which means a full rebuild.
Seems like if they were sold on Super Thursday it would be at least 200M each, but then that would mean giving up on the playoffs so nevermind.

Old
06-08-2013, 09:46 AM
tujague

Thanks, guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
Nice going, tujague! Now get that playoff trophy! I don't see myself standing in your way this time. I've been barely paying attention, my TS is *****, and I'm still considering a rebuild.

If I do decide to blow it up, I'll sell my best guys on Big Thursday, which will mean a quick playoff exit for me.
Ooh. That's interesting. I didn't realize you were so close to needing to rebuild already. I thought you were set up to remain competitive for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I am really thrilled with my season in USA 1.1. Congrats Tujague, as I was the guy behind you for most of the year. That might change after today's games, but I have two very winnable games to end the campaign. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I could finish 2nd or even 3rd in this cycle with my roster. I think my Top 22 AI is 272? A true two line team.

My hope is that I can at least make it look respectable in the playoffs the first time I run up against one of you 320+ AI monsters. Home ice should be a big benefit unless and until I meet you Tujague!
I was so relieved to finally pull away from you You had an amazing season. I was seriously starting to freak out. Especially after I lost to the bottom dwelling Crash test Dummies. HF teams have been taking turns abusing me lately. So I figured you were next

Please don't make it respectable in the playoffs

Old
06-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Sad day, I just put on the market the last of the three player core of the team that brought me to I.1. Along with a +3 d-man that anchored my third line for a long time.

The rest are various crap that isn't very good, so they would most likely be decent additions for newer teams. The most notable of which is a +3 goalie with 60+ in both goalie and speed. As I said, they aren't that good, but he could make a cheap backup.

Old
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Diskothek

Locked up IV.8 top seed. Hopefully my team doesn't collapse like last year and I can advance to III.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 09:24 PM
DoubleJ96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Seems like if they were sold on Super Thursday it would be at least 200M each, but then that would mean giving up on the playoffs so nevermind.
What's Super Thursday?

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 09:54 PM
RW8

Anyone else seeing an increase in decent prospects since the YS change?

This season I've kept 4 70+Q with 4 maybe 70Q
4-5 possible 80Q
and 1 for sure 90+Q

Might be a good time to start considering an all YS team.

RW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
What's Super Thursday?
The Thursday of this week. Every season there is the week in which the regular season ends, and the playoffs begin. On Wednesday/Thursday managers get their seasonal bonuses, so they have extra cash to spend. So the idea is if you have players with sales ending on Thursday you will get even more cash because of the extra money all managers have.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Diskothek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8 View Post
Anyone else seeing an increase in decent prospects since the YS change?

This season I've kept 4 70+Q with 4 maybe 70Q
4-5 possible 80Q
and 1 for sure 90+Q

Might be a good time to start considering an all YS team.
Yeah, mine have been better overall. I think the change was to make your team more self-sufficient. Most aren't that great but one guy is potentially 80+Q and 80+P.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:44 AM
smetana

Quote:

Ooh. That's interesting. I didn't realize you were so close to needing to rebuild already. I thought you were set up to remain competitive for a while.
I think I'm closer to needing a rebuild in my own head than I am on paper, if that makes sense. My top guys still have 29 or 24P. My goalie led the league again, but he'll be -18 next season, so he needs replaced ASAP.

Maybe I'll shop for a goalie, do some shuffling, and keep at it.

This season is, however, shot, no matter what i decide. Two of my top-six wingers are out for six and eight days. Merry F'kin Christmas, primetime

EDIT: Update. I decided I don't have the energy to tend to a full scale rebuild, so I pulled out the checkbook and bought the Estonian national goalie.

Last edited by smetana: 06-11-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
I think I'm closer to needing a rebuild in my own head than I am on paper, if that makes sense. My top guys still have 29 or 24P. My goalie led the league again, but he'll be -18 next season, so he needs replaced ASAP.

Maybe I'll shop for a goalie, do some shuffling, and keep at it.

This season is, however, shot, no matter what i decide. Two of my top-six wingers are out for six and eight days. Merry F'kin Christmas, primetime

EDIT: Update. I decided I don't have the energy to tend to a full scale rebuild, so I pulled out the checkbook and bought the Estonian national goalie.
I just noticed I am the 3 seed in our 3-6 matchup.... and I just realized that you are going to slaughter me. It's going to take some tactical mastery to even make these games close. Plus my goaltending situation is shaky at best. Oy.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Finished fifth, and I beat the first place team a last week. This was about as good as I could do in the regular season given that I took over a team in 13th. I definitely have a chance in the playoffs, let's see how it goes.

BuffaloNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:14 AM
smetana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I just noticed I am the 3 seed in our 3-6 matchup.... and I just realized that you are going to slaughter me. It's going to take some tactical mastery to even make these games close. Plus my goaltending situation is shaky at best. Oy.
Don't sell yourself short. I've got injury problems, and my offense has sputtered all season long. I'm definitely not expecting to repeat.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Don't sell yourself short. I've got injury problems, and my offense has sputtered all season long. I'm definitely not expecting to repeat.
You still have a fantastic team and those injuries are only temporary, even if they do run through our series. I took a glance over your roster and .....it's still formidable compared to mine. I am in the process of trying to bring in a more veteran option in net myself. Two rentals head to head, to see who is the best of the best.