HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Old
06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
tujague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I have a very odd makeup to my team for sure, and for whatever reason that approach seems to work for me against certain teams. Not including you guys in that by a sight, but I think I was underestimated by a lot of teams due to AI deficiencies. Excited to finally be relevant in the HA universe for a few games. I wonder if I could springboard this into running for some kind of post with the National team U20. That would be neat.
Your team is surprisingly good. I didn't realize how good until I saw the scouting report. Our teams are very evenly matched. Which makes the result today even more confusing. I win 4-1 at home. With 10 power plays. And get outshot 26-37

That is seriously scary. Very reminiscent of previous series when I win game one and choke it away.

tujague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Your team is surprisingly good. I didn't realize how good until I saw the scouting report. Our teams are very evenly matched. Which makes the result today even more confusing. I win 4-1 at home. With 10 power plays. And get outshot 26-37

That is seriously scary. Very reminiscent of previous series when I win game one and choke it away.

Haha yes, I watched the live broadcast of this one and wasn't happy that I did. You guys walked all over us. A usually pretty responsible team in terms of taking penalties just carved a path to the box. We have to correct that one.

Either way, proud of my boys for making it this far even if no further. There is no shame in losing to your squad here. What a team you've put together.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:13 AM
tujague

Quote:
Haha yes, I watched the live broadcast of this one and wasn't happy that I did. You guys walked all over us. A usually pretty responsible team in terms of taking penalties just carved a path to the box. We have to correct that one.
That's funny. You look at that game and think it was bad for your team. I look at it and think I got very lucky. I don't like getting outshot at all. To me, that says you dominated play despite being short-handed for an entire period. That's very worry some.

Old
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's funny. You look at that game and think it was bad for your team. I look at it and think I got very lucky. I don't like getting outshot at all. To me, that says you dominated play despite being short-handed for an entire period. That's very worry some.
Well Game 2 we both came off our discipline and that was probably the difference. I can't believe I am one game away from potentially winning a title in I.1 .... that's just unbelievable to me. Even 2nd place after the tournament is not something I ever considered being possible.

What a series this is shaping up to be. I'm going to need a big performance from my goaltender to make this interesting in the final game for sure. Let's see if I still have a few tricks up my sleeve!

Old
06-25-2013, 07:14 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Oh, get a room, you two.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 05:57 PM
tujague

Quote:
Well Game 2 we both came off our discipline and that was probably the difference. I can't believe I am one game away from potentially winning a title in I.1 .... that's just unbelievable to me. Even 2nd place after the tournament is not something I ever considered being possible.

What a series this is shaping up to be. I'm going to need a big performance from my goaltender to make this interesting in the final game for sure. Let's see if I still have a few tricks up my sleeve!
Once again we have a difference of opinion. This series is not shaping up to be a good series. It is an awful series. And I hate everyone, dammit

You will have to send me a pic of your lineup when this is over. I simply don't get beat up like this. I'm guessing that you took the same approach as mplzen with a bit more offense on your squad.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Rune Forumwalker

tujague comes up short again in the finals.

Congrats on the championship, Vagrant.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
tujague comes up short again in the finals.

Congrats on the championship, Vagrant.
Thanks Rune, this was a grueling series for me. I have never been as intimidated going into a playoff encounter as I was for this one. I second guessed every decision I made. Tujague is a fantastic manager and a formidable foe.

Very proud of my boys!

Old
06-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

RIP Ducky

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:18 AM
smetana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
RIP Ducky
Quitters never win!

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
Quitters never win!
Heroes get remembered but U20 campaign legends never die

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:13 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

No chance I'll be relegating from III.2, which is a pretty crappy league looks like.

I have two full lines set for my run to the top. My entire third line is expendable, but I'm forcing myself not to shop for replacements. No point in going out to get a decent player just to sit him on the third line. I'm gonna wait and see if my YS can pop out a couple decent prospects over the next 5-6 seasons while my top two lines do all the work. My intention from the start was not to do a wholesale rebuild, but to always have some turnover going on in hopes of avoiding drops to III in the future.

Either way, I'm confident my top two lines and goalie will be good enough to make a run at I.1 hardware. Might be a while, but we're coming.

Also of note, my 11 core players consist of four +3s, three +2s, two -1s and two -2s. If nothing changes from last season, I should be able to bump one of the +2s with no ill effects and maybe eventually bump another one. Six +3s, a franchise player, no -3s and a couple bill in the bank would have me sitting pretty I think.

Old
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I'm thinking of selling my best, and only veteran, wing left on the team at the end of the season. Only 12P left, 350+ AI, and I have a feeling there will be two YP prospects ready to make the jump. There is one for sure, but I have a feeling there is going to be a second. Just a hunch.

Old
07-01-2013, 05:42 PM
DoubleJ96

Are you able to scout any of your players if your scouting is at 0?

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I doubt that 4th line will ever get any minutes, but I put them together just in case I needed it. It's nothing but a line of high Q/low P players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
Are you able to scout any of your players if your scouting is at 0?
I'm not entirely sure, as I've never had it. Seems like there has been someone else that's had scouting at zero before, but I can't remember the details. I'd assume no you can't, but I can't confirm that.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:30 AM
BuffaloNick
Registered Money

Started the season out auspiciously enough with a 7-0 thumping of a new team. As long as the demoters aren't that strong, I look to have a clear path out of this weak league.

BuffaloNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

I actually have a decent player on the market if anyone is interested. He's a UFA and I'm not re-signing him.

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....nc&id=29524090

93/18/+2
332 AI
260 EXP

Goalie 0 (0%) Speed 21 (3%)
Defense 151 (76%) Strength 60 (48%)
Offense 23 (23%) Self-control 31 (3%)
Shooting 15 (9%) Form 50 (-5)
Passing 31 (20%) Experience 260 (54%)

Old
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Also, if anyone was wondering about the market ceiling right now, a 100/max 17-year-old with 74 AI, none wasted, just went for 1.45 billion.

That kid will be ridiculous. Has anyone hit 500 AI yet?

Old
07-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Rune Forumwalker

tujague are you really retiring? Are you gone for good?

Old
07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Boom. Pulled a 96/max-2/?+ 17 YO. I didn't boost because his P was showing low, so only 61 AI. But no weird distribution or anything. Defenseman.

Should be able to give him 30 min/game in this league without worrying about it.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:18 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 400
Just bought a 99/MAX -Loy 17yo Goalie for 750M. I'll probably end up franchising him if he's -2 or -3. At -1 I might try to get him up to +3 over the years but that might be really expensive..I forget how much that costs.

Is there anyway to see what your players are showing Q/P publicly without asking another manager?

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
Is there anyway to see what your players are showing Q/P publicly without asking another manager?
There's a link in the first post.

Quote:
Q/P Checker - If you've scouted one of your players and want to sell them, you can use this handy tool to see the unscouted values that everyone else would see. Use the player's ID#, found next to their name on their player page.

Old
07-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I just had a player train at 90.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
DoubleJ96

Just need to find a good, young goalie to buy then my rebuild is off to a pretty good start. Have a guy with a 76q but trying to upgrade him. My D is looking good and my top 2 lines are as well.

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Promoted another decent kid and put him into the lineup. He's not going to be a world beater with 86/Max-2/+1, but he'll end up being a solid d-man.