HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban resigns with Montreal, Jan. 28 (post #1)

Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Yeah, you're correct about it. But it looks like they have almost 10m for this year to sign just Subban. Next year would be where they run into problems.

As for the Kulikov situation, They have about 16m to sign just Kulikov this year.

But next year they have 22m to sign : Weiss, Mueller, Santorelli, Matthias, Skille, Smithson, Wellman, plus Ellerby. That number is reduced even more with Kulikov's money. It gets pretty tight for them for the most part
that could be a tough situation for Florida, especially considering that they probably aren't a team that can feasibly spend to the cap. Kulikov is good, but i don't know if a team like florida could justify matching an offer sheet of that magnitude when they're probably on an internal budget and have a slew of players to resign next season.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:52 PM
FLYguy3911

I would imagine it'd be tough to offer sheet someone at this point. First you gotta have the guy on a visit, convince him he'd want to play here, have him sign the offer sheet, and wait another week for the other team to decide if they are going to match. I just can't see it happening.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
b0rn2beWild

I think Subban will stay. Finnish NHL-commentator Antti Mäkinen tweeted that Flyers 've signed Kurtis Foster from MWild.

Antti Mäkinen ‏@makinenantti
@TSNBobMcKenzie I've just heard that Kurtis Foster will wear a Flyers jersey. #NHL

b0rn2beWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Fresh34

Foster was good with Tampa. Hasn't done **** since so we'll see. Can't complain about trying to get another decent d-man.

Fresh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I'd love to have Kulikov on this team! Subban...Not so much. The guy just seems like a cancer to his team and his play isn't that great with him being out of position constantly.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
After reading the Subban thread on the main board, the Flyers really could squeeze the Canadiens into making a tough decision if Subban were to accept an offer sheet from us.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Damaged Goods

I understand that it's unlikely that the Flyers will land Subban, but I find it preposterous that there are people who think we are better off without him. He's developing into an incredible player, and mobile, all-around defensemen are worth their weight in gold.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Let's offersheet Kulikov instead.

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
I like this. Smart. Offer the high end of 6 million. You fill a position that is needed desperately long term and only sacrifice one year on chance players/prospects.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:04 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I like this. Smart. Offer the high end of 6 million. You fill a position that is needed desperately long term and only sacrifice one year on chance players/prospects.
I'm not sure I'd want to spend nearly $7m on Kulikov with a $64.3m cap.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Actually if the offersheet compensation rolls back like the cap did, that tier would be :
4.34m to 5.79m

About 28.75m over 5 years is just a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick and cap hit of 5.75m

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Just remember guys, Plekanec is a defensive God, and Couturier is an okay player that got outscored by Subban.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Just remember guys, Plekanec is a defensive God, and Couturier is an okay player that got outscored by Subban.
That thread makes my head hurt.

Everybody but Canadiens fans are saying Couturier > Plekanec defensively

Old
01-08-2013, 03:42 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
That thread makes my head hurt.

Everybody but Canadiens fans are saying Couturier > Plekanec defensively
I like the avatar bet proposed by a Habs fan, Subban wins a Norris before Couturier is nominated for a Selke.

Mother of God...

Old
01-08-2013, 03:44 PM
FlyerFire

Like I said in that thread, I dont see PK as a number one, sorry. Perhaps one day.

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
I like the avatar bet proposed by a Habs fan, Subban wins a Norris before Couturier is nominated for a Selke.

Mother of God...
I'd take that bet.

01-08-2013, 04:42 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

Mother of God...
Meh. I don't think that is too outrageous. Norris for Subban is the top of his ceiling. Selke for Couturier is the top of his ceiling. It isn't like Subban is some scrub while Couturier is the next big thing. They are both young players with high ceilings. I'd take the bet because I like Couturier, but I certainly wouldn't scoff at it like it is some ridiculous notion that Subban would ever win a Norris, especially before Couturier winning a Selke.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Meh. I don't think that is too outrageous. Norris for Subban is the top of his ceiling. Selke for Couturier is the top of his ceiling. It isn't like Subban is some scrub while Couturier is the next big thing. They are both young players with high ceilings. I'd take the bet because I like Couturier, but I certainly wouldn't scoff at it like it is some ridiculous notion that Subban would ever win a Norris, especially before Couturier winning a Selke.
It's not Couturier winning the selke. It's being nominated

Old
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Prongo
Beer

There is no need to discuss this rumor, we won't like the package that would be warranted to get Subban. Schenn or Couts would have to go back, and I think we just have to hold on to them for a better player than Subban.

I am extremely interested what St Louis does with Piety next year. I am almost sure they won't move him, but anything is possible.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
It's not Couturier winning the selke. It's being nominated
Ahh. Glossed over that. Yeah I would definitely take Couturier in that one.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The argument I'm making though is that, with the likes of Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson and all the other great defensemen in this league, i think the chances of subban winning a norris are lesser than couturier winning a selke. it has nothing to do with whether or not subban will be more valuable or "better" than couturier in the future, its more so about the players in competition.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
The argument I'm making though is that, with the likes of Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson and all the other great defensemen in this league, i think the chances of subban winning a norris are lesser than couturier winning a selke. it has nothing to do with whether or not subban will be more valuable or "better" than couturier in the future, its more so about the players in competition.
Basically this. It will be near impossible for Subban to win a Norris against that upper tier up defensemen, not to mention others like Bogosian, Fowler, and Letang could have shots at it too.

Make no mistake though, I would love to have Subban.

Old
01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Meh, if the argument is who will win one first, I don't think either choice is really bad. I think they both have the same shot at winning their respective awards within the same time frame. Now that I saw the argument was Subban winning before Couturier is even nominated I think that is an easier choice. Couturier is competing with the likes of similar defensive forwards (Datsyuk, Kessler, Richards, Callahan, etc).

Old
01-09-2013, 07:54 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
There is no need to discuss this rumor, we won't like the package that would be warranted to get Subban. Schenn or Couts would have to go back, and I think we just have to hold on to them for a better player than Subban.

I am extremely interested what St Louis does with Piety next year. I am almost sure they won't move him, but anything is possible.

As I Hab fan I disagree. A deal for Subban could get done without one of those 2 involved. In the trade forum I proposed Simmonds + Coburn + 1st. I think a flyer fan didnt want to give up Coburn but I didnt go back to check.

Oh and please dont think all of us Hab fans think that Pleks has more value than Coots. We arent all huge homers.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
As I Hab fan I disagree. A deal for Subban could get done without one of those 2 involved. In the trade forum I proposed Simmonds + Coburn + 1st. I think a flyer fan didnt want to give up Coburn but I didnt go back to check.

Oh and please dont think all of us Hab fans think that Pleks has more value than Coots. We arent all huge homers.
Yup. Simmonds, Coburn and 1st for Subban proves you are definitely not a homer.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:23 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Yup. Simmonds, Coburn and 1st for Subban proves you are definitely not a homer.

The cost of getting a guy like Subban will be painful for Flyer fans to accept. Just not as painful as some Habs fans think.

you hate that idea? ok fine, whats your opinion of what the offer should be?

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote