HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

18 y/o looking for team(s)

Old
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

vCash: 500
18 y/o looking for team(s)

Minor hockey is over for me and as a now University student I cannot afford to pay the $600+ dollars to play a year of Juvenile until I am eligible for beer leagues. So I am asking you people if there are any casual teams that are looking for a player to fill in a few games every once in a while when you are down a man and need a replacement. I have played hockey all my life and spent a few years playing AAA so I am not a beginner but I am a little rusty and slightly out of shape.

Post here or PM me please

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:24 PM
El Duderino

Universities usually have hockey clubs

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Try asking around on www.hockey-community.com and Craigslist.

From time to time, there will be some teams (varying skill levels) looking for subs.

Go out and hit up some drop-ins. Sometimes when you get to know the folks there well enough they'll let you in for some games too.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Minor hockey is over for me and as a now University student I cannot afford to pay the $600+ dollars to play a year of Juvenile until I am eligible for beer leagues. So I am asking you people if there are any casual teams that are looking for a player to fill in a few games every once in a while when you are down a man and need a replacement. I have played hockey all my life and spent a few years playing AAA so I am not a beginner but I am a little rusty and slightly out of shape.

Post here or PM me please
play on the university intramural teams

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
OTP Legend*

Play Juvi until you can't anymore. It's leaps and bounds more enjoyable than beer league. Trust me.

Half decent refs, provincials, and a ton of ice for the $500-$600 bucks you pay. You are on the ice 3 times a week with two games and a practice.

Beer leagues run like $800+ and you only play games once a week. Beer leagues also non contact, and full of cheap shot artists.

OTP Legend* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP Legend View Post
Play Juvi until you can't anymore. It's leaps and bounds more enjoyable than beer league. Trust me.

Half decent refs, provincials, and a ton of ice for the $500-$600 bucks you pay. You are on the ice 3 times a week with two games and a practice.

Beer leagues run like $800+ and you only play games once a week. Beer leagues also non contact, and full of cheap shot artists.
Well, beer leagues can be as cheap as $450-500 per player, but it's with the infamous Ice604 Crappy start times (10PM+ on weekday nights), horrible referees, stat keeping is an utter mess, team placements is complete whack, ringer rules are not enforced and rinks are terrible. You get about 26-30 games.

If you are looking to play full time, sticking to Juvenile might be a better choice. You're looking at $600-$800 for a full winter season if you want to play for a decently run league (Duffer's, Coast, ASHL).

But if you're looking to sub, you should try the sites I mentioned. Dig around for any local online communities and take your chances there.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

I'll check out the link you posted for sure. I would play Juvie but I missed the deadline anyway. Also I would play on my Uni team but Cap doesn't have a team or anything but I know UBC has drop in hockey and my friend is a student there so I may go with him from time to time. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote