HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Chicago assigns Marcus Kruger and Nick Leddy to Rockford

Old
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
How bout those Sox, Martini? Got all that losing out of the way early like you said, didn't they?

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:49 AM
tycam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Rockford is loaded with centers.

Terry Broadhurst, Pete Leblanc, and Rob Flick are all too good to be in Toledo.
That's going to be the case with a lot of AHL calibre players. Some of them will have to be bumped down for the fact that players from their NHL affiliates like Leddy and Kruger will be moving everyone down the pecking order.

Is it fair? No. But this ripple effect will take place with every NHL team and their farm systems.

tycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
BobbyJet

What makes anyone think Kruger will have to earn a spot in Rockford? He didn’t do it with the Hawks, why should it be any different now? It’s pretty much guaranteed that he is handed a center position. Q and/or Stan will make sure of that (unless of course Q is wise enough to visualize Kruger as a winger this season with the Hawks … nah).

I think the experience will be good for both of these players however there is a concern that some regulars will be pushed aside to make room for players eligible to play in the AHL.

As for the physicality part. This could be a good opportunity to see who will stick up for these two if the need arises. It could lead to a promotion once the NHL is up and running. Beach, Hayes or Morin come to mind.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
What makes anyone think Kruger will have to earn a spot in Rockford? He didn’t do it with the Hawks, why should it be any different now? It’s pretty much guaranteed that he is handed a center position. Q and/or Stan will make sure of that (unless of course Q is wise enough to visualize Kruger as a winger this season with the Hawks … nah).

I think the experience will be good for both of these players however there is a concern that some regulars will be pushed aside to make room for players eligible to play in the AHL.

As for the physicality part. This could be a good opportunity to see who will stick up for these two if the need arises. It could lead to a promotion once the NHL is up and running. Beach, Hayes or Morin come to mind.
Why the **** would Kruger have to "earn" a spot in Rockford? Use your brain. Kruger's an NHL player. If there was no lockout, he'd be playing in the NHL. He's only going to Rockford because the NHL season - at the very least - will not be starting on time. That's like saying Leddy should have to "earn" a spot in Rockford because god knows he didn't "earn it" when he was "handed" a spot in 2010-11. FFS.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:41 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Um, LeBlanc is the Hogs first line center.......

And LaLonde is on the Hogs first pairing.........

Watching both of these players in the A will be a treat. No way Kruger plays center on the Hogs and will be shifted to wing if he can even make the team. Toughness is lacking for both of these players and putting them over established physical players is just wishful fanboi thinking. Leddy will be crushed every time he touches the puck just like last time and Kruger will be forced to defend himself so long as Boli isnt dressed.

Ah, the great thing is I will not be without hockey that matters considering I am a season ticket holder for the Hogs. I even got a free five game pass just on the principal of it all.

Go Hogs.
Ah, ha ha.. your posts never do lack entertainment value, I will say that. Bravo.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:46 PM
SugarKane88
Non-Registered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Nice job.

SugarKane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Why the **** would Kruger have to "earn" a spot in Rockford? Use your brain. Kruger's an NHL player. If there was no lockout, he'd be playing in the NHL. He's only going to Rockford because the NHL season - at the very least - will not be starting on time. That's like saying Leddy should have to "earn" a spot in Rockford because god knows he didn't "earn it" when he was "handed" a spot in 2010-11. FFS.

Yeah … quite predictable that you (and a few others) would mention Leddy and Kruger in the same breath, like they were at the same level - in your dreams. Leddy will be in the top pairing in Rockford, by merit, very quickly. Kruger on the other hand has some serious competition, especially if he’s to be slotted as the #1 or # 2 centerman. You’re telling me that Kruger will not have to compete for his position? … and that is exactly what has been wrong since he arrived in NA. I don’t care what league it is, a spot should never be an automatic for a young player who has proven nothing at any level in NA …oh, almost forgot….…FFS.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yeah … quite predictable that you (and a few others) would mention Leddy and Kruger in the same breath, like they were at the same level - in your dreams. Leddy will be in the top pairing in Rockford, by merit, very quickly. Kruger on the other hand has some serious competition, especially if he’s to be slotted as the #1 or # 2 centerman. You’re telling me that Kruger will not have to compete for his position? … and that is exactly what has been wrong since he arrived in NA. I don’t care what league it is, a spot should never be an automatic for a young player who has proven nothing at any level in NA …oh, almost forgot….…FFS.
The circumstances to which they entered the league are quite simular, wouldn't you say Bobby? Chicago was short on defensemen in 2010-11, enter Nick Leddy. Chicago was short on centremen in 2011-12, enter Marcus Kruger. Nick Leddy didn't produce or show anything but "flashes" in 2010-11 much in the same the majority of this board says Kruger didn't show anything but "flashes" and some can't even remove their feelings towards Bowman or Q to recognize that.

Kruger started out as the 4th line centre in Chicago, for **** sakes. He wasn't handed anything. Brandon Pirri was nothing special against Dallas, where he filled in for an injured Dave Bolland on the 3rd line, he was sent down, Kruger was recalled, Bolland returned and Kruger spent the majority of the 1st half of the season on the 4th line. Just because he didn't spend a year in the AHL doesn't mean he was undeserving of his spot on the team. If you want to go on and on about Kruger as the 2nd line centre, go right ahead, I don't give a damn at this point, but you're terribly misinformed if you think Brandon Pirri would have made for a better 4th line centre than Marcus Kruger at the begining of the season, which - at the time Kruger "made" the team - is what he was: The 4th line centre, who killed penalties. Over the course of the season, as Kruger was playing better and as Kane started to tail off as a centre, that's when Kruger moved up the line-up. Go back to some of the earlier threads about Kruger being tried as the 2nd line centre and there are more than a few posters praising the way he had been playing and more than a few felt, at least, he was worth looking at in that role.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:07 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
In a lockout scenario, Pirri will be on the 1st line, Kruger on 2nd in Rockford. No way the Rockford coach is playing Kruger over Pirri after last year.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The team is, once again, seriously lacking in veteran leadership.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Hawkaholic

People are seriously saying Kruger will have to fight for a spot in Rockford LOL

The Hawks board has officially sunk to a new low.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Um, LeBlanc is the Hogs first line center.......

And LaLonde is on the Hogs first pairing.........

Watching both of these players in the A will be a treat. No way Kruger plays center on the Hogs and will be shifted to wing if he can even make the team. Toughness is lacking for both of these players and putting them over established physical players is just wishful fanboi thinking. Leddy will be crushed every time he touches the puck just like last time and Kruger will be forced to defend himself so long as Boli isnt dressed.

Ah, the great thing is I will not be without hockey that matters considering I am a season ticket holder for the Hogs. I even got a free five game pass just on the principal of it all.

Go Hogs.
Yeah Kruger will have a tough time in the AHL unlike the giant, physical, hard-hitting Brandon Pirri and every other little guy that tears the AHL up...

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The team is, once again, seriously lacking in veteran leadership.
Veteran leadership for sure, but at least they aren't short on character from the get-go.

Stanton, Lavin, and Smith are all quality locker room leaders.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
People are seriously saying Kruger will have to fight for a spot in Rockford LOL

The Hawks board has officially sunk to a new low.
Not "people."

"Person." No one agrees with him, fortunately.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
In a lockout scenario, Pirri will be on the 1st line, Kruger on 2nd in Rockford. No way the Rockford coach is playing Kruger over Pirri after last year.
What about St Pierre? He is one of the best centers in the AHL... pretty much a PPG player every year. I'd say go Pirri/St Pierre/Kruger down the middle.

St Pierre is only 5'9 though so that is why he can dominate in the weak AHL but not the NHL. am i doin it rite???

On a side note, how can anyone be so hockey stupid. I hate Kruger but Martini is just .... lol. Panzer x1000

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Not "people."

"Person." No one agrees with him, fortunately.
Mr. Jet made it seem like he thought the same thing by saying "what makes anyone think Kruger will have to earn a spot in Rockford?" comment.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
coldsteelonice84

I think you have to look at who is in the Hawks long term plans and give them the biggest opportunities first.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:53 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Veteran leadership for sure, but at least they aren't short on character from the get-go.

Stanton, Lavin, and Smith are all quality locker room leaders.
Which is good, but that team is in dire need of a Mike Keane influence, especially if we're going to have NHL talent like Leddy on it.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
coldsteelonice84

I agree it would be good to bring in a long time NHL vet for the 4th line or something, why not, maybe bring SOD back.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Which is good, but that team is in dire need of a Mike Keane influence, especially if we're going to have NHL talent like Leddy on it.
I can't argue with that.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Mayers would be a perfect veteran captain for that club.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:17 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Id be interested to see where LeBlanc is slotted. If he was the Hogs #1 C last season I think they should slot Pirri or maybe St.Pierre there. I dont see LeBlanc being extended, at least by the Hawks. Maybe an AHL contract. In fact that may be why they brought St. Pierre back in the first place.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

this thread is good for some laughs

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote