HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
I've been debating about buying the PS3/NHL13 bundle as the last one I've had was NHL Slapshot for Wii (I enjoyed this), but all these complaints are making me weary. If I enjoyed Slapshot, would I have fun with this?

I do have NHL04 modded for my laptop and NHL99 (which I still enjoy) so I'm not sure it's worth it to spend all that money when I can have that same level of fun already...

Old
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

vCash: 500
Well goalie mode is still terrible, **** this game

Old
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I've been debating about buying the PS3/NHL13 bundle as the last one I've had was NHL Slapshot for Wii (I enjoyed this), but all these complaints are making me weary. If I enjoyed Slapshot, would I have fun with this?

I do have NHL04 modded for my laptop and NHL99 (which I still enjoy) so I'm not sure it's worth it to spend all that money when I can have that same level of fun already...
Despite all the issues myself and others have brought up, it still is a fun game. Just had 2 of the most exciting OT games vs. guys in my GM connected in recent memory. The gameplay is way better, there's just a lot of little things that annoy most of us since they would have been so easy to catch had EA done any testing.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:38 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
People just don't know how to score yet/have crappy attributes
With my 72 OA sniper scoring isn't very difficult
Hopefully that holds true for my forwards.

They are only like low 60's at the moment.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:48 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Despite all the issues myself and others have brought up, it still is a fun game. Just had 2 of the most exciting OT games vs. guys in my GM connected in recent memory. The gameplay is way better, there's just a lot of little things that annoy most of us since they would have been so easy to catch had EA done any testing.
As a programmer, I know these feels Okay that makes me feel a bit better. I'm sure it is still plenty fun and is a huge upgrade on NHL Slapshot. I'm hoping the BaP mode can be as fun as Peewee To Pro as I had a ton of fun with that.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Smash88

Anyone know how to get logged in with the App for Iphone? Is there somewhere on the console I need to go to sign up or something?

Old
09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Bay Bone

Quote:

It feels like everyone that dislikes the game are the ones who are just not very good at it and come on here to complain.

If you're that weary of buying it, stop by your local game store and test it out there if they have it up.

Id recommend it 100% and I have been playing NHL games since 1997.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

is online team play always retardedly slow or does my game just have lag?

Old
09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

This game is brilliant.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
Anyone know how to get logged in with the App for Iphone? Is there somewhere on the console I need to go to sign up or something?
Sign up at origin.com then use that user name and password to log in to the app.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
jfb392

Quote:
As a programmer, I know these feels Okay that makes me feel a bit better. I'm sure it is still plenty fun and is a huge upgrade on NHL Slapshot. I'm hoping the BaP mode can be as fun as Peewee To Pro as I had a ton of fun with that.
BaP is different than Peewee to Pro, but still fun.
I wish they had brought that over to the PS3, but for whatever reason they didn't.

I'd love to play as NHL'ers in the CHL.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
schmidtlesauce

I only play EASHL, but i absolutely love the changes. The skating to me feels more real, and the goal scoring is more realistic. I agree the the cross ice pass not being as readily available is tough to get used to, but with a good time redirect instead of a full on pass-receive-shoot, i have had some luck scoring.

The fact that the poke check actually works now is fantastic. I usually play responsibly for a wing, and the poke check lets me cross the line more and more into trying to set up for a breakaway with a well timed stick check.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Sign up at origin.com then use that user name and password to log in to the app.
Sweet thanks!

Edit: Hmmm weird it only shows my PS3 account, but I have it for 360..

Last edited by Smash88: 09-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
It feels like everyone that dislikes the game are the ones who are just not very good at it and come on here to complain.

If you're that weary of buying it, stop by your local game store and test it out there if they have it up.

Id recommend it 100% and I have been playing NHL games since 1997.
Absolutely, the people that are complaining tend to be the ones that learned one way to score over the last couple years and can't do it that way anymore and it's pissing them off.

The game is far better for it. Last year and to an extent the one before I would recommend this to nobody. I positively hated NHL 12, but this year is the best hockey game released since 08. I was shocked at how good it is.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:26 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Absolutely, the people that are complaining tend to be the ones that learned one way to score over the last couple years and can't do it that way anymore and it's pissing them off.

The game is far better for it. Last year and to an extent the one before I would recommend this to nobody. I positively hated NHL 12, but this year is the best hockey game released since 08. I was shocked at how good it is.
Thanks for all the suggestions/feedback, guys. I feel a lot better already. I'm okay with having things I'd want corrected. And I might play BeAGM a little bit but honestly if I want a good GM game, I'm gonna stick with EHM. As long as I can have fun playing actual games, I'd be satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
BaP is different than Peewee to Pro, but still fun.
I wish they had brought that over to the PS3, but for whatever reason they didn't.

I'd love to play as NHL'ers in the CHL.
Just curious as to what's different? I thought you could play in Memorial Cups and the CHL? I'm fine with losing the bantam/peewee leagues but can you not go through the CHL?

Also, just curious as to if there's players like Gretzky/Lemieux in the game (or would I just have to custom make them)? I like throwing a few legends in the game

Old
09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
This game is brilliant.
In many ways yes it is, I am really enjoying the gameplay and the new skating is absolutely fantastic, but there are far too many little things that bring the game down....things that just make you shake your head. You can get used to the gameplay, you can use sliders to adjust to your style but unfortunately there is nothing to fix the flaws in BAGM and for a lot of people that is the main mode that they play.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Run for the hills !!!!

The simming is very slow, that has to be patched.

Be a GM has improved, but needs a massive overhaul.

The game could use more colour.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
In many ways yes it is, I am really enjoying the gameplay and the new skating is absolutely fantastic, but there are far too many little things that bring the game down....things that just make you shake your head. You can get used to the gameplay, you can use sliders to adjust to your style but unfortunately there is nothing to fix the flaws in BAGM and for a lot of people that is the main mode that they play.
There are a lot of ways to avoid the flaws though.

If the trades are unrealistic then don't make them. You can overpay and make it feel more "real".

The only problem ive seen mentioned that I cant think of a solution for is the simming issues. EA should fix that if its that big of an issue.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:

Just curious as to what's different? I thought you could play in Memorial Cups and the CHL? I'm fine with losing the bantam/peewee leagues but can you not go through the CHL?

Also, just curious as to if there's players like Gretzky/Lemieux in the game (or would I just have to custom make them)? I like throwing a few legends in the game
You start in the CHL, you can set the age to be 16 if you want a number of seasons there and eventually drafted to NHL. Mostly you'll just make the jump but you may play a bit in the AHL.

Gretzky and Lemieux are in it on the Legends team and a couple other game modes.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:02 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
There are a lot of ways to avoid the flaws though.

If the trades are unrealistic then don't make them. You can overpay and make it feel more "real".

The only problem ive seen mentioned that I cant think of a solution for is the simming issues. EA should fix that if its that big of an issue.
I was referring to the absurd offers from the AI and the CPU to CPU deals. Can't avoid that. The crazy contracts and salary demands are unavoidable as well.

Know what I'm saying.....

Old
09-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Kiss My Rask
Loui Loui, ohhh no

Anyone know if Tarasenko is in the game?

Old
09-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I was referring to the absurd offers from the AI and the CPU to CPU deals. Can't avoid that. The crazy contracts and salary demands are unavoidable as well.

Know what I'm saying.....
I ignore the CPU trades, doesn't effect your team really.

Contracts I have no solution too.

Slow simming has been said to be non-existent on a lot of peoples 360's (especially the newer ones).

So one of the only real problems is salary demands, I can live with that. I will just sign my players to longer contracts and manage it differently then previous games, all you need to do is adjust a bit.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:17 AM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Not until I created him

Old
09-14-2012, 10:19 AM
DG

I'm starting to wonder if I always did faceoffs a weird way in the prior games. I have been doing the exact same thing as I did before and I haven't noticed a major change in the frequency with which I win faceoffs now.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
No

Closed Thread