HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 01:04 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
How so?
Read this and the previous threads, EA broke it.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:27 AM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
Read this and the previous threads, EA broke it.
I've read thru most of the threads on '13 and all I see are the generic "lol I got Crosby n Malkin for Aaron Rome and a 4th" comments. Is that the stuff you're talking about?

edit: not a defender or trying to argue with you, just genuinely curious what is broken about it.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Quote:
I've read thru most of the threads on '13 and all I see are the generic "lol I got Crosby n Malkin for Aaron Rome and a 4th" comments. Is that the stuff you're talking about?

edit: not a defender or trying to argue with you, just genuinely curious what is broken about it.
Out of whack trades like you mentioned. Not just the user controlled team, but the AI as well. You've got teams fighting for the presidents trophy trading off top players for nothing. Players ask for insane contracts and make it almost prohibitive to play with the cap on. Ridiculously slow sim speed for PS3 (I have an Xbox, so I haven't seen this) to the point where it takes 15 minutes just to get through pre-season.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:38 AM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Out of whack trades like you mentioned. Not just the user controlled team, but the AI as well. You've got teams fighting for the presidents trophy trading off top players for nothing. Players ask for insane contracts and make it almost prohibitive to play with the cap on. Ridiculously slow sim speed for PS3 (I have an Xbox, so I haven't seen this) to the point where it takes 15 minutes just to get through pre-season.
Ok. This isn't new, though. It sounded like StreetSharks (epic television show) was saying it is broken now more than ever, but in my experience so far, its just as broken as ever, no more no less. I guess I just misunderstood, thanks.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Be a GM is awful. Why the **** did they screw with it so badly?

It's clear that EA concentrated way too much on online play and actually ended up making the offline modes worse.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Ok. This isn't new, though. It sounded like StreetSharks (epic television show) was saying it is broken now more than ever, but in my experience so far, its just as broken as ever, no more no less. I guess I just misunderstood, thanks.
I think it's actually worse in some areas, like AI to AI trading. You'd see some insane trades before, but now it seems like every computer trade is massively unbalanced. The tradeblock figures in a lot bigger than it should at times, too. You can offer a second round pick for someone, and the team will give you a snarky response. Then a week later he's on the tradeblock and you can get him for a 5th with the opposing GM saying he almost feels guilty for accepting it.

Last edited by Zen Arcade: 09-13-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old
09-13-2012, 01:46 AM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
I think it's actually worse in some areas, like AI to AI trading. You'd see some insane trade before, but now it seems like every computer trade is massively unbalanced. The tradeblock figures in a lot bigger than it should at times, too. You can offer a second round pick for someone, and the team will give you a snarky response. Then a week later he's on the tradeblock and you can get him for a 5th with the opposing GM saying he almost feels guilty for accepting it.
I guess I need to play some more to see this. Damn. Thats a let down.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

EASHL is so reliant on the pokecheck it's not even funny.

I'm not sure how people have played 119 games already, but that's something else. Plus they just seemed so much faster than my Defensive Dman.

still, 4-2-2 to start the season, I'm happy. I thought I was used to the skating, but no it's a different beast for EASHL for sure, especially on D. I'm adjusting slowly to not letting breakaways happen often.

I do like how you can be a captain or assistant captain. That's a neat touch.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

I'm playing with the cap off out of fear of everyone asking for ten million a season. Who do I see at the top of the FA list come July 1st?

Nik ****ing Antropov.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:06 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

The stuff that people are running into is just downright disgusting. This game is actually has way more potential than 12 but is WAY more flawed. How the hell did they mess things up so badly? BAGM is absolutely brutal, like it's almost as if they spent two weeks on it, did zero fine tuning and edit and didn't check for any of these screw ups. EA really **** the bed here and as a huge fan of the series and someone who buys the game pretty much every year, this stings. This is the more let down and frustrated I've been with an EA NHL game since NHL 2005 which I thought was junk and had switched to 2K for a while.

Thanks for screwing your hardcore fans with this one EA, I am actually really bummed I spent 70 bucks on this game.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:07 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I'm playing with the cap off out of fear of everyone asking for ten million a season. Who do I see at the top of the FA list come July 1st?

Nik ****ing Antropov.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Yeah the real problem with the skating is in EASHL where because of EA's stellar servers () there is already the slightest bit of lag that makes your player feel like he's 50lbs heavier. Now with the new skating it's exponentially worse.
That's the biggest problem I am having right now. It lags but I know it's not my internet. Offline is fine, so I guess it has to be EA's server right?

Old
09-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

Nik ****ing Antropov.
That's because in an uncapped league, teams will just sign every free agent they have. No teams have financial constraints at all, so everyone gives out contracts like the 90's Rangers.

That's how it ends up. Capped league, tons of high end players go unsigned. Uncapped league, no one to sign.

You'll probably only see star type players on the UFA list when they get into their late 30's.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Quote:
That's because in an uncapped league, teams will just sign every free agent they have. No teams have financial constraints at all, so everyone gives out contracts like the 90's Rangers.

That's how it ends up. Capped league, tons of high end players go unsigned. Uncapped league, no one to sign.

You'll probably only see star type players on the UFA list when they get into their late 30's.
Seriously pissed that I spent $60 dollars on this. We're regressing back to NHL '08 here with the contract system.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Martyros

Ya, the simulation is so damn bad. All i get offered are 4th and 6th round picks for my 3rd every ****ing day until the season starts.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:22 AM
David71

do the developers even play this game properly at all.? they only concentrated on the online play. and not the offline ones. why are the goalies making those unbelievble superman saves where in real life. you see those highlight saves once in a blue moon?

Old
09-13-2012, 03:29 AM
Baby Face Trilla

They didn't concentrate too hard on online play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
That's the biggest problem I am having right now. It lags but I know it's not my internet. Offline is fine, so I guess it has to be EA's server right?

I get anywhere around five to ten full freezes per online versus game. Definitely not the internet.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Aussie King

Old
09-13-2012, 04:36 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
Vintage EA Sports.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
You mate....just got EA'd

Old
09-13-2012, 05:07 AM
BigMacJokinen

Just played my first game in NHL13. Play Now mode, default settings (Difficult pro and such), won my first game with Colorado 3-0 against Anaheim, goalscorers were Landeskog, E.Johnson and Hejduk (empty netter). I like the gameplay much

So yeah at least I'm better goalscorer than Matt Hackett

Still a bit worried for the GM mode, simming speed, contracts and such. Trading won't drawback me because I can turn AI trades off and then create my own rules so I won't take advantage of the CPU teams, trying to trade realistically as possible.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Question about Online Pass. I kind of live at my girlfriend's place a lot of the time, and it my own place some of the time. If I register my online pass at her house, then bring my playstation home with me and use my same PSN will it work at each place?

I guess my basic question is, is the online pass able to be used on only one internet connection? Or on only one PS3 system?
A little late to this, but I wanted to explain a bit more.

The online pass works on whatever console it gets downloaded onto. You can download it for free after the first use by going into the download history of the account it was downloaded on... and redownloading it onto new consoles (or the same console if it loses it somehow, HDD wipe, etc).

Old
09-13-2012, 07:09 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Yeah it's their servers. If you have a 6 vs. 6 game going the game just stutters around. I've had the same problem ever since 09 where my player just feels heavier online because of the lag.

Old
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Be a GM is awful. Why the **** did they screw with it so badly?

It's clear that EA concentrated way too much on online play and actually ended up making the offline modes worse.
This.... and although we'll all figure it out and master it, the whole "trading block" thing is EA just out thinking themselves. If I want to put Jagr on the trading block, it's a lot easier to choose Jagr, than writing a report on what Im looking to give up and then never receiving an offer for said player.

They needed to take the good things and expand on them. Instead, this is seriously just the same as last year with limited change and nothing of new significance.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:04 AM
PookDo

The code for NHL Arcade is in the box when you buy NHL 13.

Closed Thread