HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I doubt that. Maybe 1/2 of the people that post here. But not 1/2 of everyone who buys the game.

Most people who buy the NHL series are not like the posters on this forum. They play online, and against friends, and do season mode maybe. EA knows this, so they are not going to waste their time revamping Be A GM Mode, which is pretty decent in and of itself.
You dont do a "GM Connected" unless a significant portion of your customers use the GM mode. Whether it's a third or half, it's still a large portion and just ignoring basic issues in GM is ridiculous.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
So I tried out the "Devil of a Task" challenge in NHL Moments on Superstar level. I ended up losing the game 4-3 (with about 20 post hits...literally) and to add insult to injury EA makes you watch the entire cinematic of the handshakes and LA getting the Cup. You can't skip past it and start a rematch.

So I just rage quit.

edit: LOL so I try the Gretzky challenge next on Superstar. Score a goal within the first 15 seconds. Then my team takes two consecutive penalties in a row which then takes Gretzky off the ice on the PK without the ability to go out there. So I literally can't play to complete the challenge. **** you, EA.

Just tried the challenge again and it kept bringing Gretzky to the bench after every stoppage even though I was still in the green. Such ********.

I was actually excited for this feature but instead it's just more cheap BS from EA. You can't make decent AI so you just screw the player over in other ways to make it more difficult. What a joke.
I tried the Gilmour one vs. St. Louis and no matter what I tried I couldn't score. Granted, that's partially on me, but my linemates (Kessel and Lupul) were AWFUL and then when I go off for a line change, my team scores at will.

Lupul and Kessel both stole goals from me on rebounds too, though I guess that's valid.

But in 10 or so tried, we won 9 of the games and I was on the ice for about three of them, all of which I had assists on.

I guess I have to keep getting used to it, but boy is it frustrating.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Agreed. I like the game a lot, but they really did screw up simulation in GM mode with player stats and everyone is asking for way too much money. Once that gets patched I will be content.. Can't comment on the terrible trades being better on higher difficulty but I hope you're right.
I didnt know people actually simulate through ENTIRE seasons until I read people complaining on here. What is the fun in that? I dont see the point and I guess the developers don't either, maybe thats why its slow...its not meant to happen.

As for players asking for more money, sign them long term to begin with or acquire players with long terms then. There really is a solution to every problem that is being brought up here (other then lag issues i suppose but you could be in Canada and playing somebody in Finland for science sakes, be appreciative that we live in a time where this could occur AT ALL, let alone with minimal lag).

I just feel like everybody that is endlessly complaining on here are 14 year old entitled brats that were raised on technology and won't settle for anything but perfection. I am 22 years old and believe me by my age (which of course is not old) you will begin to realize that nothing is ever perfect.

Go play some real hockey if you don't like the game, maybe our world junior team will start winning some golds again and I can take credit for being a part of getting some big buff figure esque type kid off the couch and scoring some real goals that, in their minds, are apparently really easy to score on ice.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
I didnt know people actually simulate through ENTIRE seasons until I read people complaining on here. What is the fun in that? I dont see the point and I guess the developers don't either, maybe thats why its slow...its not meant to happen.

As for players asking for more money, sign them long term to begin with or acquire players with long terms then. There really is a solution to every problem that is being brought up here (other then lag issues i suppose but you could be in Canada and playing somebody in Finland for science sakes, be appreciative that we live in a time where this could occur AT ALL, let alone with minimal lag).

I just feel like everybody that is endlessly complaining on here are 14 year old entitled brats that were raised on technology and won't settle for anything but perfection. I am 22 years old and believe me by my age (which of course is not old) you will begin to realize that nothing is ever perfect.

Go play some real hockey if you don't like the game, maybe our world junior team will start winning some golds again and I can take credit for being a part of getting some big buff figure esque type kid off the couch and scoring some real goals that, in their minds, are apparently really easy to score on ice.
Who are you to judge how someone plays a game that they bought with the money they earned?

Old
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
What about skating itself? It doesn't take NHL players three quarters of the rink to turn around.

How about the physical aspect? There are more kronwall like hits in a single game then there would be in a week of games...

What about how the AI seems retarded and that skaters are quite often just standing still?

there's more problems then those in your rants and these aren't just in the BeAGM mode...
1. Top speeds, please try making a sharp turn...video tape it for all of us to laugh at if you wish. In all fairness, this could be tweaked, but my thoughts are EA is trying to take out the quick turns and puck hogs.

2. Oh im sorry, would you rather no hits? Hits are fun, exciting, awesome...they make it entertaining. There doesn't need to be realism throughout the entire game and that is one aspect that in my mind can stay video game feeling.

3. The AI is incredible. Try skating through the middle, they will collapse on you. Theres some points where they are "just standing still" you say? I would like to see you build a ******* ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE that can be able to play a hockey game the same as real NHL players.

Its like you all expect developers to be playing against you when you play offline. Stop being ungrateful or don't buy the game, it really is as simple as that.

Constructive criticism is what is needed, not crying and stomping your feet like our civilization has become so accustomed too. Learn how to develop video games and seek a job in EA if the game is that terrible.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Who are you to judge how someone plays a game that they bought with the money they earned?
Who are you to judge developers who invest their time, hearts and souls and livelihoods to appease you?

Sure they make a living out of it, doesn't mean they couldn't do something else or put their best foot forward to feel like they accomplished something.

Let me ask you this. At your job do you ever want to provide a less then satisfactory product/service?

Old
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Who are you to judge developers who invest their time, hearts and souls and livelihoods to appease you?

Sure they make a living out of it, doesn't mean they couldn't do something else or put their best foot forward to feel like they accomplished something.

Let me ask you this. At your job do you ever want to provide a less then satisfactory product/service?
Who am I to judge? I'm the idiot who spends his money to buy their product. Its that fact that people like me shell out money for this game that allows them to keep making new ones.

Their job is to make a game that I feel is worth spending my money on and they haven't done that so far.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Who am I to judge? I'm the idiot who spends his money to buy their product. Its that fact that people like me shell out money for this game that allows them to keep making new ones.

Their job is to make a game that I feel is worth spending my money on and they haven't done that so far.
Then don't buy it, they even let you play it before you bought it with the demo. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that you have a choice whether to or not. Nobody is forcing you too.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:37 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Then don't buy it, they even let you play it before you bought it with the demo. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that you have a choice whether to or not. Nobody is forcing you too.
the demo gives you 5 minutes of playing time...total, of 1 game mode. Try not to be too biased. Do you work for EA or something, because your hard-on for them is ridiculous.

And I could name 5 demos off the top of my head, not including this one, that were completely different from the released game, so using a demo to argue your point, is crap.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
the demo gives you 5 minutes of playing time...total, of 1 game mode. Try not to be too biased. Do you work for EA or something, because your hard-on for them is ridiculous.

And I could name 5 demos off the top of my head, not including this one, that were completely different from the released game, so using a demo to argue your point, is crap.
Well then lets come up with a solution...how about before you buy the game next year go into a game store and try it out or go to a friends that has it and play it there for a few hours, days, whatever it takes.

Start thinking a little more and you can resolve all your issues.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:

Of course, when someone defends NHL 13, because it's such a bad game, he has a huge hard on.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

This part of HF is here for people to discuss the video game. The take your basketball home and elitist mentality is a bit much. Guess Ryan Strome is a complete moron too after his tweet yesterday in regards to turns being like an 18 wheeler turning.

Now, Im not into all the complaining about the game play, etc., it changes every year and people should be able to learn. There's no fun in not being challenged when the new games come out. Having said that, there's still quite a bit wrong with a game people are spending 60 bucks on.

As for people simming through 25 seasons of Be a GM and that not being fun. Most people dont sim through the whole thing but you have to sim. If you didnt, it would take you literally 25 years to accomplish playing 150 games per season.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Of course, when someone defends NHL 13, because it's such a bad game, he has a huge hard on.
Thanks for contributing!

Old
09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
This part of HF is here for people to discuss the video game. The take your basketball home and elitist mentality is a bit much. Guess Ryan Strome is a complete moron too after his tweet yesterday in regards to turns being like an 18 wheeler turning.

Now, Im not into all the complaining about the game play, etc., it changes every year and people should be able to learn. There's no fun in not being challenged when the new games come out. Having said that, there's still quite a bit wrong with a game people are spending 60 bucks on.

As for people simming through 25 seasons of Be a GM and that not being fun. Most people dont sim through the whole thing but you have to sim. If you didnt, it would take you literally 25 years to accomplish playing 150 games per season.
Theres issues with every single video game ever produced. Its all opinions on what is wrong. But to complain endlessly on a forum is pointless. Whats needed is more constructive criticism and ways to polish the game, and then taking action to accomplish what you would like different.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Did gamestop fix the code issue on its own or did you have to get a new code for HUT?

I don't play HUT so I wanna sell my code, There's an auction on ebay that is up $10.50 with over 3 days to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-NHL13-DL...6#ht_500wt_949

Old
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Theres issues with every single video game ever produced. Its all opinions on what is wrong. But to complain endlessly on a forum is pointless. Whats needed is more constructive criticism and ways to polish the game, and then taking action to accomplish what you would like different.
That's done every year. We have mass complaints the first few weeks, some things get fixed, some dont. We've had months of constructive criticism and people are just disappointed some things werent fixed.

Im with you about the people complaining about how the glitch goals they relied on are either not there or different this year. People should play the game. Personally I think the gameplay this year is much better and more realistic.

Hell, Im just happy the game isnt locking up at every turn...

Old
09-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Hits are too explosive? Try turning aggressiveness down.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
That's done every year. We have mass complaints the first few weeks, some things get fixed, some dont. We've had months of constructive criticism and people are just disappointed some things werent fixed.

Im with you about the people complaining about how the glitch goals they relied on are either not there or different this year. People should play the game. Personally I think the gameplay this year is much better and more realistic.

Hell, Im just happy the game isnt locking up at every turn...
Understandable, of course they can not please everybody because not everyone wants the same thing. It is also a good sign that they fix some issues that need to be addressed.

Im just asking everyone to not just post "PIECE OF GARBAGE GAME I CANT SCORE CROSS CREASE EVER, GOALIES WAY TOO GOOD', rather "I cant seem to score as often as i would like, can someone please give me some advice.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Nice to wake up to actual solutions to issues from people. That's what I want to see! There's some really annoying things, but as many have stated there are ways around a lot of it.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Finally got to really check out the new trading block. Really digging it. Partially because they took my advice.

Quote:
An interesting concept would be to build the trade block like a DB query (or a mad-lib for those non technical folks). For example:
- The NY Rangers are looking for a <age> (young / prime / veteran) <type> (grinder / sniper / etc) at <position> ( C / D / etc) with <years> ( Num / Any / Less than / Greater than) left on their existing contract.

So if I need a 3rd line center for the playoffs:
The NY Rangers are looking for a veteran two-way center with 1 year remaining on their contract.

In theory I'd get offers for rentals who have balanced attributes. Could certainly be expanded to be more detailed as well. (Specific attributes, under a certain cap hit, etc)

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=225

On another note, I simmed an entire season (excluding the post-season) in about 35 minutes last night. That's including the time I spent making trades, adjusting my scouting, and adjusting my rosters. Certainly not having issues with sim time on my end.

Edit: As pointed out below, I'm on a 360.

Last edited by Trxjw: 09-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Finally got to really check out the new trading block. Really digging it. Partially because they took my advice.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=225

On another note, I simmed an entire season (excluding the post-season) in about 35 minutes last night. That's including the time I spent making trades, adjusting my scouting, and adjusting my rosters. Certainly not having issues with sim time on my end.
360 user??

Old
09-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Worst game ever. Everyone that was apart of making this game should be fired and they should bring in a whole new team.

****ing horrible.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
360 user??
Ah, yes. Forgot to mention that. It's also close to new. I picked it up about 6 weeks ago. Switched from a 4 or 5 year old PS3 and the simming on that was horrendous, so it's probably a combination of the system itself, as well as the status of the hard drive in terms of how jacked up it's become over time.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Worst game ever. Everyone that was apart of making this game should be fired and they should bring in a whole new team.

****ing horrible.
Absolutely!

Old
09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
NICKD

New Tuner is up on the NHL 13 Servers

Name: 1.01
Date: 09/13/2010
Notes:
Fixes the issue where every shift would begin at a faceoff in Be A Pro when a User would sim to next shift.

Closed Thread