HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Bay Bone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Worst game ever. Everyone that was apart of making this game should be fired and they should bring in a whole new team.

****ing horrible.
Please tell us more...

Old
09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I love playing the game. It's fun and challenging to get goals. Every goal has a different feel to it and I have a sense of accomplishment when I get one. Had a rough online game where my opponent deflected one by me early, but after that, I was bombarding Miller with shots all game long and getting several powerplays.

Finally I have Clarkson swoop in off the bench to pick up a loose puck and beat Miller to the glove side on my 7th powerplay with about 5 minutes to go. Ended up winning the game in a shootout.

Great stuff, I'm really enjoying it. One downside I had trying to play my friend online last night was the glitch from NHL 12 where the game would somehow reset and then freeze in the middle of a play. It would go back to the last faceoff and then get stuck. Has that happened to anyone?

Old
09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Thanks for contributing!
sorry, I don't want to say anything great about the game without name calling.

I like the game. Does that mean I have a hard on for EA as well?

Old
09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I honestly think that most who are complaining about the new gameplay either haven't gotten used to it yet or never will because they're the kids who like the arcade, zipping around like a water bug type game that it was in the past. Players pivot slower in this game because well, when you're actually on the ice, it takes a second to turn around, especially in comparison to a guy skating at or near full speed. Maybe work on your gap control so you don't have to turn around so often.

And the hits? I don't know what game some of you are playing, but most of the hits in my game are just routine body checks that knock a guy off the puck. Every now and then I get that phantom "how did that guy get knocked over?" hit, but that happened waaaay more frequently in years past, at least for me. This game is immensely more entertaining because you can't score the same way every time, and the CPU makes each game totally different. I feel like momentum swings more realistically with a goal or a fight.

I usually buy these games and tweak the **** outta the sliders. I've hardly touched them this year.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Heisenberg77

I don't understand how anybody can enjoy the dreadfully slow default game speed. Coupled with the new skating engine, the speed of the game is incredibly dragging.

This isn't a complaint either. I only play offline and I play with my sliders...I just can't fathom enjoying the default speed.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:58 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookDo View Post
The code for NHL Arcade is in the box when you buy NHL 13.
I don't see any code in my box, is it ps3 only?

Old
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I don't understand how anybody can enjoy the dreadfully slow default game speed. Coupled with the new skating engine, the speed of the game is incredibly dragging.

This isn't a complaint either. I only play offline and I play with my sliders...I just can't fathom enjoying the default speed.
The online is actually quite fast, it literally feels like you you are watching a real NHL game.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD View Post
New Tuner is up on the NHL 13 Servers

Name: 1.01
Date: 09/13/2010
Notes:
Fixes the issue where every shift would begin at a faceoff in Be A Pro when a User would sim to next shift.
Thank God. Now if they could fix the part where I get stuck in the penalty box the whole game after simming through an interference minor, that'd be great too

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 09-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old
09-13-2012, 01:15 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I want to get used to the True Broadcast camera but there are times where you can't see what's going on in the corners. Maybe I need to calibrate the system with the TV?

Old
09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
I didnt know people actually simulate through ENTIRE seasons until I read people complaining on here. What is the fun in that? I dont see the point and I guess the developers don't either, maybe thats why its slow...its not meant to happen.

As for players asking for more money, sign them long term to begin with or acquire players with long terms then. There really is a solution to every problem that is being brought up here (other then lag issues i suppose but you could be in Canada and playing somebody in Finland for science sakes, be appreciative that we live in a time where this could occur AT ALL, let alone with minimal lag).

I just feel like everybody that is endlessly complaining on here are 14 year old entitled brats that were raised on technology and won't settle for anything but perfection. I am 22 years old and believe me by my age (which of course is not old) you will begin to realize that nothing is ever perfect.

Go play some real hockey if you don't like the game, maybe our world junior team will start winning some golds again and I can take credit for being a part of getting some big buff figure esque type kid off the couch and scoring some real goals that, in their minds, are apparently really easy to score on ice.
Uh, a lot of people do, ever heard of east side hockey manager? Or read dynasty threads? Who are you to judge? And those defending the game, it's fun..but they actually BROKE be a GM, it's buggy, it's not just the trade logic, ontop of that it's untouched from last years game it warrants criticism, this is how we as consumers get our moneys worth, so stop blindly praising something that's broken.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Of course, when someone defends NHL 13, because it's such a bad game, he has a huge hard on.
True. Some of us can achieve that state without defending anything.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I love playing the game. It's fun and challenging to get goals. Every goal has a different feel to it and I have a sense of accomplishment when I get one. Had a rough online game where my opponent deflected one by me early, but after that, I was bombarding Miller with shots all game long and getting several powerplays.

Finally I have Clarkson swoop in off the bench to pick up a loose puck and beat Miller to the glove side on my 7th powerplay with about 5 minutes to go. Ended up winning the game in a shootout.

Great stuff, I'm really enjoying it. One downside I had trying to play my friend online last night was the glitch from NHL 07 where the game would somehow reset and then freeze in the middle of a play. It would go back to the last faceoff and then get stuck. Has that happened to anyone?
Fixed that for you.

Though I haven't had it happen to me in 13 yet.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
Uh, a lot of people do, ever heard of east side hockey manager? Or read dynasty threads? Who are you to judge? And those defending the game, it's fun..but they actually BROKE be a GM, it's buggy, it's not just the trade logic, ontop of that it's untouched from last years game it warrants criticism, this is how we as consumers get our moneys worth, so stop blindly praising something that's broken.
No i have not, but that sounds incredibly boring to sim through entire seasons.

You're correct, theres not much changed from be a GM but I guess thats not what there focus was this year. They can't overhaul everything every single game. Its like Apple products, why completely change anything when you know your customers will purchase it with slight upgrades.

EA is not even close to Apple in that sense, but you get my point. EA has done a marvelous job attempting to create more ways to play the game and on top of that they also overhauled gameplay pretty drastically. Maybe next year be a GM will be addressed more.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
No i have not, but that sounds incredibly boring to sim through entire seasons.

You're correct, theres not much changed from be a GM but I guess thats not what there focus was this year. They can't overhaul everything every single game. Its like Apple products, why completely change anything when you know your customers will purchase it with slight upgrades.

EA is not even close to Apple in that sense, but you get my point. EA has done a marvelous job attempting to create more ways to play the game and on top of that they also overhauled gameplay pretty drastically. Maybe next year be a GM will be addressed more.
GM is slower but to say its unchanged is inaccurate. The new potential system is excellent. Some players boom with 4.5 star potential and some bust.

Players have potential past 2.5 pretty regularly. I agree its painfully slow to sim but I do like the changes to player growth and strategy.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
I don't get the fuss. I have enjoyed it so far. BAP is much better for the simple fact that AI is, in fact, smarter. Much smarter. AI reads the play. I can finally pass to AI in good positions for scoring chances, and they actually score. AI finally scores on its own too. I think the skating is pretty good too. It's logical and changes the way the game is played from the older NHL games. I think the jump from 12 to 13 is massive compared from 11 to 12.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I don't get the fuss. I have enjoyed it so far. BAP is much better for the simple fact that AI is, in fact, smarter. Much smarter. AI reads the play. I can finally pass to AI in good positions for scoring chances, and they actually score. AI finally scores on its own too. I think the skating is pretty good too. It's logical and changes the way the game is played from the older NHL games. I think the jump from 12 to 13 is massive compared from 11 to 12.
Definitely agree about the jump. I bet a lot of people are having trouble adjusting thus all the complaining.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

There were more fights in NHL 12 I like to fight at least once a game but now since after the whistle there are goalie close ups u have to try and fight right after the whistle and if ur the wrong guy or not near someone its nearly impossible.

Since they added the new cam for face offs they should have a fight off the face off button.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

The longer EA stays quiet about this framerate issue, the more worried I get that it's a hard-coded problem due to the game engine itself. And may not be patchable without redesigning the whole in-game engine.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I love this game !!!! Best hokey game I've ever played !!!

Old
09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Just joined my connected league and WOW this game is incredibly slow and always seems to be loading something

Old
09-13-2012, 02:38 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

For any curious Leaf fans, nobody got a new face except for Gardiner. JVR has his face but I can't remember if he had one last game.

Lupul got his face slightly upgraded so he doesn't look like 20 year old anymore but other than that just Gardiner. Oddly, Connolly got his face removed and replaced by a generic face.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Great stuff, I'm really enjoying it. One downside I had trying to play my friend online last night was the glitch from NHL 12 where the game would somehow reset and then freeze in the middle of a play. It would go back to the last faceoff and then get stuck. Has that happened to anyone?
It happened to me, I had missed an open net shot on the play that got reset, then the game froze and were back on the faceoff. I'm glad I didn't score, would have been an "unhappy" man.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:55 PM
NYR89

I play exclusively offline, and so far, I love the new engine. It's a HUGE change from prior years but now I actually feel like my players are playing on real ice. Sure it's frustrating as **** when you have an open pass to the point and it gets flubbed, but that tends to happen every so often. Also, hitting is tougher but it's not impossible in the slightest, I can't figure out what some people are talking about.

I haven't gotten past the first 10 games or so in be-a-gm so I haven't experienced the contract issue yet, nor do I really care what trades the CPU makes. It doesn't affect my team so I never really pay attention. I like how making trades is tougher, it makes it harder to take advantage of the system.

The skating system is awesome. I love the pivoting and the full control of a player.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:01 PM
SittingDuck

im having a problem. im playing be a gm and all of the 2012 nhl draftees arent with their nhl teams and it shows that i need to draft them again in the 2013 draft. how do i fix this? i cant download the latest rosters because i dont have internet connection on my xbox

Old
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
im having a problem. im playing be a gm and all of the 2012 nhl draftees arent with their nhl teams and it shows that i need to draft them again in the 2013 draft. how do i fix this? i cant download the latest rosters because i dont have internet connection on my xbox
I was looking for a complete list of this yesterday including the prospects current junior/euro team and their drafted NHL team but couldn't find one to manually move them.

I have the same issue. If there is a list out there I would love to see it.

Closed Thread