HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
  #376
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Your team is already a perennial playoff team. All the other playoff teams quit. Stick to your plan to build the stadium.
17th in the country in OTS is not a perennial I.1 playoff team.

I'll see if I can find a couple of good players off the market and still build 1 TFM. Hopefully making the playoffs boosts my sponsors a bit, I'm getting about 1/3rd of what I get in soccer.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  #377
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'm getting about 1/3rd of what I get in soccer.
Woah! Here I get 3x in hockey what I get in soccer and I was in div2!!! Guess my fat rink and CWC bonus helped...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
  #378
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
My young kids took 17th place! I had been using the old guys while the kids were in camp. But that ended right before game 3. I let the kids play, but forgot to put my 4th line back in. Hit on tactics and won 4-3 in the shoot out. Huzzah. OTS is up to 56. Two more camps to start next season, and an energy reset, might get me over 75. That's kind of been my target all along.

Big match with redcard today. I have surprisingly moved up in the standings after that nightmarish start. I'm up to 4th after spending most of the season below 10th. How? Don't know. Hadnt really been paying much attention. I'll probably stumble a bit again though. I'm making the switch to Shipp in goal since Cernohorsky dropped to 3/6

I've scored a whole 12 goals on the season. Five of them were in the last game. That's awful. Luckily I've only allowed 8 goals. Six of them were in that two game stretch when I had one Dman. Pretty damn good season overall considering everything that's gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
I haven't won the top division since season 4 - I am far from winning all of the time.

But my goal is reclaim that title this season, that's why I'm going all out.
Really? It seems like half your posts are about how you're winning everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
17th in the country in OTS is not a perennial I.1 playoff team.

I'll see if I can find a couple of good players off the market and still build 1 TFM. Hopefully making the playoffs boosts my sponsors a bit, I'm getting about 1/3rd of what I get in soccer.
But you're a good manager. Most people are not. Equals playoff team

tujague is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  #379
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Really? It seems like half your posts are about how you're winning everything
Lol - I'm rarely in the mood to post when I lose, so call it selective posting, if you will!


Emerald76 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
  #380
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Big match with redcard today. I have surprisingly moved up in the standings after that nightmarish start. I'm up to 4th after spending most of the season below 10th. How? Don't know. Hadnt really been paying much attention. I'll probably stumble a bit again though. I'm making the switch to Shipp in goal since Cernohorsky dropped to 3/6
I had a rough start as well but have climbed the rankings pretty quickly with this recent run. I thought real hard about playing on Normal, as I want to finish higher than 10th this season so I need to steal games from teams just ahead of me in OTS. I was planning on spending more energy this season than I have in previous seasons, just to do something different, but have yet to play a single half above low.

Now I'm glad I stuck with low and snuck out with the win, feels good to be top 5, but how much energy to I spend to keep it?

80 something days until TF-15 finishes, that will be a big step for my team knowing that now my players will be training as fast as comparable players on the top teams (ignoring Regen and coaches).

In Hockey it looks like I'll finish 4th in playoffs after 3rd in the regular season, really looking forward to seeing how much my sponsorship offers are up after never fininshing higher than 11th. As disappointing as it is that I.1 keeps losing active managers, it does help knowing that one of the strongest teams in my league is going up and will be replaced by a dead team. I could arguably get a shot at promotion next season if I'm lucky.

redcard is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  #381
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
I got smoked today... 5-1L and shots 38-19 for him. The scary part, I hit tactics! He's played offensive all year and I knew, I KNEW, he was saving it up for the final so I switched to breaking anticipating him expecting me to play defensive thus him playing normal. Anyways, it was a messy loss. The crappy part is game 2 is tomorrow. I was hoping to only have 1 game with my guys in TC but I'll have 2. If I can win at home I'll have everyone back for the final. My L3 D are by far my weakest so I spent 7M on the market to replace them. The sad part is line 3 was the only line not a negative in the game. We'll see how she goes tomorrow.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
  #382
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
So I finished 5th in my league, not bad after just getting promoted, last season i thought i would be fighting not to be relegated, but i found a nice quick and cheap way to make myself competitive enough to make the playoffs. I am just scared that i'm only gonna get a small raise from sponsors (4.7M now without bonus from promotion - to 4.9M). Am hoping to get at least 5M clean profit from general+media so i can save up to 80M over 16 weeks and start building 2nd tripple after next season, and also just a little more to improve some facilities along. My expenses have increased quite a bit since the start, i was at around 120k per day, now to almost 400k, though with few player sales this should even up.

Also quite a nice little OTR boost, at the start of the season i was just hoping to get to what i had last season (290), so i'm verry happy with that.

Now i'm just scouting the market for some cheap (in price and salary + contract length) managers, Also hope to win some credits at the tournament i'm at to get pro pack for one week and get some friendly games with some teams in my country who have huge stadiums but are always booked already 1 month in advance.

suprvilce is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
  #383
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear
 
Steve Shutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Colombia
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
PPM has been incredibly slow all this week - anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Steve Shutt is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
  #384
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
PPM has been incredibly slow all this week - anyone else experiencing difficulties?
Not me, though I haven't been on much truth be told.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
  #385
old time hockey4
Registered User
 
old time hockey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Hey for those that have better training facilities than me.. I have a pretty good winger up for sale on friday. Probably will put a few more guys up for next wednesday as well to get collect some money to start finally getting my facilities and arena up to a level where I could actually pull off a successful rebuild.


old time hockey4 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 04:20 AM
  #386
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
I got a 4.5 star employee 2 weeks in a row, luckily it carried over to the sports academy



Too bad he's 5/6, still i'm happy to get him, hopefully he brings few coins in the piggy bank

suprvilce is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
  #387
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
Hey for those that have better training facilities than me.. I have a pretty good winger up for sale on friday. Probably will put a few more guys up for next wednesday as well to get collect some money to start finally getting my facilities and arena up to a level where I could actually pull off a successful rebuild.

What was his C/L history like?

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
  #388
old time hockey4
Registered User
 
old time hockey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
What was his C/L history like?
He was a 15 year old 5/6. So not very good. One of the reasons why I'm selling him now.

old time hockey4 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
  #389
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
He was a 15 year old 5/6. So not very good. One of the reasons why I'm selling him now.
I figured. Unfortunate. Seems to be the norm in Canada anymore.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
  #390
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
I need to trim my roster in both sports, I'm 10 over in each. Just added my two PP-specialist D to the market. Qs are in chat.

http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...3-brady-clench

http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...-matteo-dryden

Edit: Found some cheap buys in soccer today. Spent 2M (total) on 2 players. Both 15, 6/6 and good OR (350 or so). Depending on scouting results I'll keep or sell them, likely before they turn 16 and drop to 5/6 knowing my luck


Last edited by canucks357: 12-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.
canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
  #391
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
First Post on here. Just joined PPM 2 weeks ago. Same name on there. In USA IV 1 awaiting realignment. In USA III 12 for football.

Goals this year is middle of the pack for football and get the stadium increased.

Hockey next year season will be going for middle of the pack and getting the stadium increased.

Enjoying reading everyone's banter.

The team is the Orlando Generals. Named after my first love in Hockey. Oshawa Generals.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:54 PM
  #392
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
First Post on here. Just joined PPM 2 weeks ago. Same name on there. In USA IV 1 awaiting realignment. In USA III 12 for football.

Goals this year is middle of the pack for football and get the stadium increased.

Hockey next year season will be going for middle of the pack and getting the stadium increased.

Enjoying reading everyone's banter.

The team is the Orlando Generals. Named after my first love in Hockey. Oshawa Generals.
Welcome to HF Boards! Home of clowns like myself and tujague. Feel free to ask any questions on here or on the forums. We'll do our best to help you out. Worst case just look at what we do and do the opposite - you'll be winning trophies in no time

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:19 PM
  #393
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
I pulled two soccer players with 450+ OR tonight one for Canucks and one for myself. Freaking magic touch, right here.


Last edited by tujague: 12-13-2012 at 10:31 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
  #394
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I pulled two soccer players with 450+ OR tonight one for Canucks and one for myself. Freaking magic man touch, right here.
You are a PPM academy god!

canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:01 PM
  #395
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Who's next? Can I be the sitter for more than one team?

You got the best pull I've ever had. Treat him well

tujague is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 04:39 AM
  #396
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
I got a rock. [/charliebrown]

redcard is online now  
Old
12-14-2012, 08:14 AM
  #397
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Who's next? Can I be the sitter for more than one team?

You got the best pull I've ever had. Treat him well
Sure you can. But that'd void our friendship contract . And don't worry, I'm going to hire some female physios solely for him. He'll train great for the 80-some days remaining in the season then drop to 5/6 at 16 like all my good players do.


#####

To make roster space I'm selling two fwds in soccer. Both are great Q'd. One is a "now" striker and the other is a universal "a couple seasons from now" striker. Qs and C/L history are in chat.

http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...1-ferenc-fried

http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...two-face-kujal


Last edited by canucks357: 12-14-2012 at 08:30 AM.
canucks357 is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 11:31 PM
  #398
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I pulled two soccer players with 450+ OR tonight one for Canucks and one for myself. Freaking magic touch, right here.
I pulled a 3.5* RD, unfortunately at 5/6. Scouted, his Q's are: 72/78/71/59/55/91/71/93/85. He looks to be the type of player I would sell at the end of next season (mainly due to his CL). He becomes the 3rd 3.5* star pull on the season for me and looks to have the best EQ of the 3.

Earlier this week I picked up a LW prospect in hockey with relevant Q's of 81/92/71/91 with an OR in the 270s at the time of purchase. Reminds me of a tujague type player for whatever reason. He's 6/6 and was bargain at 60k.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 06:52 AM
  #399
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I pulled a 3.5* RD, unfortunately at 5/6. Scouted, his Q's are: 72/78/71/59/55/91/71/93/85. He looks to be the type of player I would sell at the end of next season (mainly due to his CL). He becomes the 3rd 3.5* star pull on the season for me and looks to have the best EQ of the 3.

Earlier this week I picked up a LW prospect in hockey with relevant Q's of 81/92/71/91 with an OR in the 270s at the time of purchase. Reminds me of a tujague type player for whatever reason. He's 6/6 and was bargain at 60k.
Haha. That is most definitely a tujague type of player a bit more primary Q and purchased earlier in a previous season, and I would have paid quite a bit more than 60k. Alas, I have moved past those types now that my roster is 'complete'. I used to look for 340 total OR. Now I want 360. But I'll accept a bit less if its at a position of need.

Nice pull. Good to see others getting good players. I thought I was taking them all
Quentin Coates is 95D 88/77/92/90 with a shot Q of 81. Ridiculous. I want to keep him so bad, but that damn 5/6 sucks. Canucks, what percentage of pulls remained at 5/6 for four seasons?

Oh sweet. McCready reached 100 goals in his career.

And I hate the hockey offseason. We still have 5 more days until sponsor offers. That sucks. I want to be in III already. It'll be nice to win some damn games.

tujague is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:58 AM
  #400
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
And I hate the hockey offseason. We still have 5 more days until sponsor offers. That sucks. I want to be in III already. It'll be nice to win some damn games.
So do I, especially that I had an awful PO series.

The break makes it more depressing - would prefer to get straight back into competitive action.

Emerald76 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.