HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Thanks tujague. I've been trying to stay quite about it, but you've decided to put it in the thread title.

The actual reason I'm posting:

The rest of the world will have more qualifying teams next season, meaning that OAP should be in the Champion's League and Bombsville has a chance at both the ChL and CWC.

Vlady's post:
http://ppm.powerplaymanager.com/en/f...-a-suggestions

Updated participants by country list
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...t-all-overal-3
Good news for Bombsville and OAP, bad news in the short term for me. I'm happy we'll get more teams and it'll make it easier for me to qualify for the season after next (would take a miracle for me to get in this season), but on the other hand now there are 4 more teams ahead of me that will be getting income boosts next season. Still a positive change, but could hurt me in the short term more than it helps.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Good news for Bombsville and OAP, bad news in the short term for me. I'm happy we'll get more teams and it'll make it easier for me to qualify for the season after next (would take a miracle for me to get in this season), but on the other hand now there are 4 more teams ahead of me that will be getting income boosts next season. Still a positive change, but could hurt me in the short term more than it helps.
Wait a friggen second... they changed it. We now have 4 in each tournament!?!?! HOLY (&^(*&% (&^(&*^%(*& )^(&^(*&% % )^()& ^()&

Here I was thinking it was 2 and 2. 4 and 4 is glorious!!!!!

Old
02-05-2013, 02:36 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Wait a friggen second... they changed it. We now have 4 in each tournament!?!?! HOLY (&^(*&% (&^(&*^%(*& )^(&^(*&% % )^()& ^()&

Here I was thinking it was 2 and 2. 4 and 4 is glorious!!!!!
So....what you're saying is you responded to Obryantj's post without really reading it (and congrats btw)

Old
02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
canucks357

Quote:
So....what you're saying is you responded to Obryantj's post without really reading it (and congrats btw)
Haha, I didn't click the link, I admit.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:05 PM
redcard

Celebrations on the streets of Mouth today as the Breathers upset the undefeated Boilermakers for the first time in 16 months! Sorry Obryantj, had to go VH as I'm barely holding on to 7th and can't afford to forfeit any points.

Last edited by redcard: 02-05-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Celebrations on the streets of Mouth today as the Breathers upset the undefeated Boilermakers for the first time in 16 months! Sorry Obryantj, had to go VH as I'm barely holding on to 7th and can't afford to forfeit any points.
Congrats on the win. I assumed after the bounty was put on my team that somebody would go VH. My #1 goal for the season is, and has been, to win the league. If I can manager that, then this season should be considered a success.

Today's match also means that in the last 2 games, I've given up exactly 1 fewer goal than I did in the first 32 games. I still have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams on my schedule as well.

Quote:
Haha, I didn't click the link, I admit.
Blasphemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Finally started TF 15- that was a nice chunk of change, but I really needed to get that done to keep up with the big boys, and hopefully have a shot at sending some guys to the NTs
Very nice! I did some prelimary analysis of what the junior USA NTs might look like. Lonnie Rambeau and Errol Hemphill could get looked at closely for the U20 team next season.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
canucks357

Back-to-back 1-0 losses. This time at the hands of the first-place team Montreal Sasquatch. I outshot them 31-15 and lost. Maybe I should play VH all game...

Old
02-07-2013, 02:48 PM
redcard

Quote:
Congrats on the win. I assumed after the bounty was put on my team that somebody would go VH. My #1 goal for the season is, and has been, to win the league. If I can manager that, then this season should be considered a success.

Today's match also means that in the last 2 games, I've given up exactly 1 fewer goal than I did in the first 32 games. I still have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams on my schedule as well.
I actually debated going VL once I realized you were undefeated, I had been planning on going VH for a while as I really need every point I can get, but figured if no team had beat you yet it might not be worth the energy trying. Ultimately, I still wanted to take shot and I'm quite glad I did. I've got the dead team today, followed by teams ranked 21, 8, 6, 15, 22, 13, 12. Considering I'm in 7th, 2 of those will be very important games, but altogether a below average remaining schedule in terms of difficulty. Hell, I can make the ChL if Bombsville nosedives and Corona can take the tournament.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
tujague

Quote:
Thanks tujague. I've been trying to stay quite about it, but you've decided to put it in the thread title.
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll change the title as soon as I can get to a computer.

Quote:
Oops! Too late!

-----
That's good news about the extra Intl Cup teams. I wish it had happened a bit earlier. I've been playing more youngsters the last little while. Since I can't catch anyone, I'll probably continue to do that.

Oh, and I bought a player today. 116M for a 19yo RM with 1021 OR. He dropped to 5/6 at 18yo. So not a horrible deal. And he's at a position where I have no prospects coming up. He's already getting the same IGR as 23yo 3/6 Joe Denno,with the same energy. Not great Qs, but he'll still train better than Denno. and i had to spend some money anyway.
Juraj Krajco

Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:

Very nice! I did some prelimary analysis of what the junior USA NTs might look like. Lonnie Rambeau and Errol Hemphill could get looked at closely for the U20 team next season.

I was looking at the elections, I don't want to say anything negative about the guys running for U20, but it seems like we should have someone more experienced than that running the squad?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
canucks357

Third loss in league play today. First one since Dec. 20th and all were 1-0 losses. Not a surprise though, saved my energy and played my reserves. Not bad against the countries top team.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Blue Blooded

I went on vacation for a week and left my team unattended, which might have screwed my season.

1. Half my team were at training camp, and without auto-training their attribute distributions were ruined, especially those who trained in a secondary attribute.

2. Due to TC I only had three lines of players, but they were filled by capable veterans, so games were played on low importance, which would increase to normal in case of a close game and VL in case of a blowout in either direction. However, injury struck almost immediately and an auto-generated lineup with every player out of position was created. But the games were still close, and every game ended with a loss where the players had used way too much energy.

Now the team is in 18th place, 5 points out of 16th and relegation is a real possibility. Therefore I'm considering a bold roster move, selling off my LD2 despite having terrible LD depth.

He is supremely talented having a DEQ of 89.72% and being Universal, BUT his CL is 4/6 @ 21 and this is his 3rd year at 4/6. I'm thinking I should sell high, 4/6 is not uncommon at that age and most managers will figure that he still has some years left at that CL, so his market value should be artificially high. His Universal status is of little use to my team since he exclusively plays LD.

However, I will likely be a lock for relegation if I sell him and I've just started to focus on my arena, doing my first upgrade of a section from large stand to maximum triple multi that will be completed for the playoffs. The investment was made after finishing 10th in the reg. season and 11th in the playoffs last year with a young and promising team.

I'm afraid that relegation will screw up my income, and that it might be more economical to hang on to him if I can stay up.

Suggestions?

The player in question:

Old
02-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
I actually debated going VL once I realized you were undefeated, I had been planning on going VH for a while as I really need every point I can get, but figured if no team had beat you yet it might not be worth the energy trying. Ultimately, I still wanted to take shot and I'm quite glad I did. I've got the dead team today, followed by teams ranked 21, 8, 6, 15, 22, 13, 12. Considering I'm in 7th, 2 of those will be very important games, but altogether a below average remaining schedule in terms of difficulty. Hell, I can make the ChL if Bombsville nosedives and Corona can take the tournament.
It'll be interesting to see if the extra energy use causes you to drop some points down the stretch (and how many if it does).

My next 2 matches are against 4th and 2nd, with the last match of the season against 3rd. The good news is that if I win the other 4 matches, then I win the league regardless of how the 3 matches against top 4 teams goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's good news about the extra Intl Cup teams. I wish it had happened a bit earlier. I've been playing more youngsters the last little while. Since I can't catch anyone, I'll probably continue to do that.
You might still be able to catch somebody and if Corona pulls out the ChL you're currently in a spot to qualify. Arlington still has to play both of our teams.

Quote:
Oh, and I bought a player today. 116M for a 19yo RM with 1021 OR. He dropped to 5/6 at 18yo. So not a horrible deal. And he's at a position where I have no prospects coming up. He's already getting the same IGR as 23yo 3/6 Joe Denno,with the same energy. Not great Qs, but he'll still train better than Denno. and i had to spend some money anyway.
Juraj Krajco
I don't have him scouted, but that looks like a strong upgrade. I've been watching a few guys lately myself, but haven't had the cash to land anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I was looking at the elections, I don't want to say anything negative about the guys running for U20, but it seems like we should have someone more experienced than that running the squad?
Are you announcing your candidacy then? or trying to talk someone else into announcing theirs?

Old
02-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Suggestions?
Try to find some similar players on the market and see what they sell for. That's typically what I do when I'm on the fence about selling a player. I've been surprised in the past about how little some veterans sell for, specifically in hockey. If the value is less than you'd be willing to take, then you could also place him "For Sale" for the minimum you'd be willing to accept.

As a quick comparable:
Bernardo Loucks is the same age and CL and has 6 more OR. His qualities are most likely lower than your players and he only plays on the right side.

His for sale price is 10M. If he doesn't receive any bids, then you can assume that he's not worth 10M on the market. If he does get a bid, then your player should be worth more than we Loucks eventually sells for.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:03 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Are you announcing your candidacy then? or trying to talk someone else into announcing theirs?
I could run on the next go around, I'm a tax accountant and tax season is starting right now- the next 2-1/2 months I wouldn't have nearly the time to commit to it.

I am intrigued enough to consider running on the next go around, how long does the position last?

Old
02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
canucks357

New live broadcast... purdy nifty!

Old
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
canucks357

***need advice***

I'm thinking about doing a massive rebuild. I'm quite sure I'm going to do it, my only concern is how it'll impact my finances. Once I get a good system of young players it'll be fine, so long as I can make as much or more than my costs are. Given I'm spending around 4M/day I'd need at least 30M/week from sponsors. However, playing a young team will mean relegating and losing lots which'll likely mean a massive drop in OTR in addition to the sponsor hit I'll take strictly for relegating. If OTR gets too low I could even stop selling out my rink which would be bad news.

Basically, do you think I can withstand a few seasons of losing financially? I'd hate to do this then have to destroy some infrastructure to not lose my team should a financial crisis arise...

Old
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
New live broadcast... purdy nifty!
I'd like it a lot more if my iPhone supported Flash.

Quote:
I'm thinking about doing a massive rebuild. I'm quite sure I'm going to do it, my only concern is how it'll impact my finances. Once I get a good system of young players it'll be fine, so long as I can make as much or more than my costs are. Given I'm spending around 4M/day I'd need at least 30M/week from sponsors. However, playing a young team will mean relegating and losing lots which'll likely mean a massive drop in OTR in addition to the sponsor hit I'll take strictly for relegating. If OTR gets too low I could even stop selling out my rink which would be bad news.

Basically, do you think I can withstand a few seasons of losing financially? I'd hate to do this then have to destroy some infrastructure to not lose my team should a financial crisis arise...
I'm assuming you're talking about hockey here (due to the term "rink"). Tujague should be able to answer your questions about the financial impact better than anyone else. I'm pretty sure his media deal is just slightly more than his arena maintenance costs on a weekly basis.

I'm planning on going in the opposite direction and selling off some prospects. Basically get down to my top 4.5 lines with 2 lines worth of prospects. The prospects I'd be letting go of aren't ridiculous prospects, but the extra cash and slight reduction in expenses may help me meet my financial goals for the end of the season.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:51 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I'd like it a lot more if my iPhone supported Flash.

I'm assuming you're talking about hockey here (due to the term "rink"). Tujague should be able to answer your questions about the financial impact better than anyone else. I'm pretty sure his media deal is just slightly more than his arena maintenance costs on a weekly basis.

I'm planning on going in the opposite direction and selling off some prospects. Basically get down to my top 4.5 lines with 2 lines worth of prospects. The prospects I'd be letting go of aren't ridiculous prospects, but the extra cash and slight reduction in expenses may help me meet my financial goals for the end of the season.
So don't use an Apple product

I'm selling off mainly vets. The rookies I am selling are ones that won't make the 1,500 OR at age 25 mark. Basically if they weren't 6/6 @ 17 they're gone.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:45 PM
tujague

blue blooded, I agree with Obryantj. Vets don't bring in much money. Unless they look very good. Yours look good, so you might get lucky. Doing the rebuild, I've been happy to get 10M for players over 1000 OR, but you never know what to expect.

Quote:

You might still be able to catch somebody and if Corona pulls out the ChL you're currently in a spot to qualify. Arlington still has to play both of our teams.
Didn't I already qualify for the CWC? Three teams ahead of me in the league finished ahead of me in the NC. I'm in fourth of the remaining NC teams. Fakeballers would have to pass a team in front of me to knock me out. I think....?

Quote:
I don't have him scouted, but that looks like a strong upgrade. I've been watching a few guys lately myself, but haven't had the cash to land anyone.
Like I said, he's not perfect. Or even great, really. A couple of Qs in the 70s, one is a 68, I think. Honestly, I haven't been on top of things or even paying much attention lately. I checked my scouted list of players, clicked around for any one the market, found him and bid. I wanted someone and he was there. Not a price I would pay if I was into the swing of things.

But I didn't need a great player at that position. He replaces Denno, so I can sell him while he still has value. Probably early next season. If I can get a season or two from Krajco at 5/6, then he can be sold again in 3-5seasons.

I still want to add a CM. I'll hopefully do a much better job with that purchase

Old
02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
tujague

Quote:

That's probably not going to happen. 30M is a lot for a Div III team. Maybe things are better in Canada? I'm crushing the league so far. I think I have one loss. Yeah, one loss and an OTW. In second place.

With 10,100 seats, I'm averaging 7,364 fans.
I've made 20M this week. New week starts when?
My OTR is in the crapper at only 298.

Dude. WTF? You're my sitter. Check out my damn team. Look at whatever you want to look at. I've nothing to hide.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:17 PM
canucks357

Quote:
That's probably not going to happen. 30M is a lot for a Div III team. Maybe things are better in Canada? I'm crushing the league so far. I think I have one loss. Yeah, one loss and an OTW. In second place.

With 10,100 seats, I'm averaging 7,364 fans.
I've made 20M this week. New week starts when?
My OTR is in the crapper at only 298.

Dude. WTF? You're my sitter. Check out my damn team. Look at whatever you want to look at. I've nothing to hide.
No I'm not. You're mine. You can see mine I can't see yours. I'd have maxed HR and rink to help the sponsor offer. I was well below 30M/week with 10,000 seats but shot up to 40M alone with my rink maxed. I suspect I can keep afloat in div2. I may play my vets until I'm done my winable games (end of the month) then play rookies to round out the year depending on how everything goes. But I could just save my vets for the placement playoffs in the auto-relegation round (bottom four) to ensure I can get to II.4.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
tujague

Quote:
No I'm not. You're mine. You can see mine I can't see yours. I'd have maxed HR and rink to help the sponsor offer. I was well below 30M/week with 10,000 seats but shot up to 40M alone with my rink maxed. I suspect I can keep afloat in div2. I may play my vets until I'm done my winable games (end of the month) then play rookies to round out the year depending on how everything goes. But I could just save my vets for the placement playoffs in the auto-relegation round (bottom four) to ensure I can get to II.4.
I think the snowflake contest messed us up. I got a free ProPack for a week. When it expired, I was no longer your sitter. I didn't even think to check the other way. I'll fix it for you.

You might be in better shape than I was. I was an average 10th place team with average OTR. And average facilities and stadium. You probably have better players to sell as well. So you have more money and you'll get even more when you sell. It'll be interesting to see what you can do with your rebuild.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I think the snowflake contest messed us up. I got a free ProPack for a week. When it expired, I was no longer your sitter. I didn't even think to check the other way. I'll fix it for you.

You might be in better shape than I was. I was an average 10th place team with average OTR. And average facilities and stadium. You probably have better players to sell as well. So you have more money and you'll get even more when you sell. It'll be interesting to see what you can do with your rebuild.
Nah it expires after 30 days; nothing to do with ProPack since you have an indefinite one while on the support team. On that topic... FIRE SOME WELCOME MESSAGES AWAY THIS MONTH

I played my prospective prospect lineup in today's friendly. Depth is an issue but meh... I can deal with that. Better than I expected.

Old
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
canucks357

I love tracking a player on the market with 99/99/94 Qs (Goalie) for a week with multiple alarms and reminders only to lose out to the head gamemaster since I had to use the market agent feature (bids at 55s thus making the clock go to 1:55 rather than bidding at 1:01 or 1:10) as I was on a team lunch with no wifi etc.

Fuel to the fire... fuel to the fire.

Closed Thread