HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
  #201
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
The Mouth Breathers finish 10th in I.1 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, but Marshall finishes as top scorer with 30 goals (I believe his 10 assists were the tie-breaker).

TF15 is now underway.

redcard is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
  #202
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
The Mouth Breathers finish 10th in I.1 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, but Marshall finishes as top scorer with 30 goals (I believe his 10 assists were the tie-breaker).

TF15 is now underway.
Woo congrats! Prize money all went to SA-14 for me. Should have spent it on my stadium. GAH!

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #203
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
redcard, that Marshall ******* seemed to come out of nowhere. Did he score a bunch of goals late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Dear DARWIN holy mother of Tesla! Your team is siiiiick! Rather, it will be godly in a few seasons
Isn't it though? That's a fantastic team for only spending 200M It would be even better if I hadn't been buggered by the CL drops this season

I'm still looking to replace some players. Benar is one. He's not special at all, but as usual, I'm finding it extremely difficult to find affordable dmen. And I thought I would want to replace Ganley since his Tech Q is so low (the seller LIED! said it was 67 aand it's 57), but he didn't take many penalties at all. And if he's not taking many penalties when I have the worst team in the league by far, then maybe it's not so important?

US 18 NT member Jose Baker is for sale. It's his second season at 5/6.

I've also listed a bunch of soccer players.

tujague is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
  #204
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Woohoo held strong in I.1, I used my prize money to pay off the remaining balance of a loan- now to begin saving up, TF15 is next.... I think

I'd like to get that knocked out, and long term I think I need it to be able to gain any type of edge

doug5984 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
  #205
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Red card, I think you might want to work on your defense now. 89 goals is amazing for a 10th place team. But 45 GA is not so good


Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Woohoo held strong in I.1, I used my prize money to pay off the remaining balance of a loan- now to begin saving up, TF15 is next.... I think

I'd like to get that knocked out, and long term I think I need it to be able to gain any type of edge
What a comeback! 8-2 in your last 10 to finish 2 itty bitty points ahead of the relegation line. And you had given up after losing to red card with 3 games to go phenomenon went into the tank this season.

What sort of team will you be fielding in our LC match? I won't have any forwards

Obryantj, have you scouted Matt Hernandez? He's not one of my top prospects. Not sure why willmott added him to the NT. he is 6/6 with great OR, but the Qs aren't there. That's why I'm selling him before he's off the team He's not terrible though- 90D 64/82/81/59.

tujague is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
  #206
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
What sort of team will you be fielding in our LC match? I won't have any forwards
I sent a bunch of backups to camp with a few starters mixed in- so it'll be mostly tired starters in there with very little depth.

doug5984 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
  #207
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I may have completely missed this as I don't follow the forums there that often- When are U18 & U20 teams starting up in soccer?

doug5984 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
  #208
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I may have completely missed this as I don't follow the forums there that often- When are U18 & U20 teams starting up in soccer?
Not sure. TBD I think. Would have been nice to have them early but no such luck. Would at least be nice to drive up some prices of guys I want to sell who are certainly NT worthy...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
  #209
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Obryantj, have you scouted Matt Hernandez? He's not one of my top prospects. Not sure why willmott added him to the NT. he is 6/6 with great OR, but the Qs aren't there. That's why I'm selling him before he's off the team He's not terrible though- 90D 64/82/81/59.
I bid on him, then scouted him overnight. His Q's are good (not great), his OR is good, he's 15 and 6/6 and universal. I would like to have him on my team, so we'll see how the bidding goes.

The goalie I purchased last month cracked the top 10 practice list today (all leagues) and is training like an absolute beast. He's only been working on his tech and speed since I acquired him, but the lowest training he's had is 1.66.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:08 AM
  #210
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Jose Baker is up to 56.7M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I bid on him, then scouted him overnight. His Q's are good (not great), his OR is good, he's 15 and 6/6 and universal. I would like to have him on my team, so we'll see how the bidding goes.
That's pretty much how I felt about him. He's a lot like marcos-carpenter, decent Qs and lots of OR. Carpenter's Qs are a bit better, but he dropped to 5/6 at 16yo

I have 8 defensive prospects. Really the only ones I don't like are Rosado and Garland. Rosado is about to be sold. I'm not sure why I kept him. His Qs are very average. Garland has similar Qs to Hernandez, but is 5/6, already 16yo and still has lower OR.

Conner Havens is better than Hernandez, but is 16yo and only +20 OR.
Todd Strickland also has better Qs, but is only +30 OR.
Szabolcs Racvolgyi is the same way. Qs are better, but only +100 OR at 17yo.

****. Maybe I should have kept Hernandez

Quote:
The goalie I purchased last month cracked the top 10 practice list today (all leagues) and is training like an absolute beast. He's only been working on his tech and speed since I acquired him, but the lowest training he's had is 1.66.
1.66 is his minimum? Man, I really should upgrade my Coaches and Physios. Not much. I just want them to be slightly better. Maybe as good as my hockey Staff. But those guys are way too expensive, so I stay away.

My top guys in camp trained at 3.5+, but then I switched most of them to train their lower Qs. I think I'm going with 4 straight camps. McCready was suspended for 3 league games anyway. No point in trying, right? This is probably a mistake.

tujague is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
  #211
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
I got robbed today. Sold some solid, and I mean very solid, Q'd soccer players today. Both 6/6 and universal. Only got ~3M total for the two of them. -__-

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
  #212
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
I got robbed today too, of a victory that is

suprvilce is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
  #213
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
I did not get robbed today I probably could have gotten a lot more if I held onto the young forwards for another season or three, but I'm happy with today's sales overall. And I needed to get rid of some players just to cut down on the damn penalties.

The hockey team now has 100M in the bank. I'm still trying to add a dman for 10-15M. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do with the money.


The soccer team has something ridiculous like 225M in the bank. I had been saving up for the last Triple. I guess I have that covered I should get something else started now- RF14 or SA14?

Or maybe I should go after a player... I could use a 19-20yo SM or CM on a perfect career path with 8-900 OR and 30+ exp. How much would that cost?

tujague is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
  #214
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's pretty much how I felt about him. He's a lot like marcos-carpenter, decent Qs and lots of OR.
Apparently I won him and for less than you were probably expecting to get for him.

Quote:
1.66 is his minimum? Man, I really should upgrade my Coaches and Physios. Not much. I just want them to be slightly better. Maybe as good as my hockey Staff. But those guys are way too expensive, so I stay away.
He's only trained 2 attributes so far, with qualities of 92 and 99. He's a goalie with Q's of 99/67/92/99/70 (G/P/T/S/H), so eventually he'll have to train some lower attributes, but not until he's a little closer to the desired ratio.

Quote:
My top guys in camp trained at 3.5+, but then I switched most of them to train their lower Qs. I think I'm going with 4 straight camps. McCready was suspended for 3 league games anyway. No point in trying, right? This is probably a mistake.
I would only run 1 camp at the beginning of the season, since you have an opportunity to run a camp at this time next season and only miss 1 competitive game. I do see the advantage of knocking them out early, higher attributes and less energy used for the 36 league matches after that.


Last edited by Obryantj: 11-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Obryantj is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
  #215
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Apparently I won him and for less than you were probably expecting to get for him.
I was hoping for more of a bump from the NT, but it wasn't a bad deal considering the player. 20M would have made me happier What sucks is now he's going to have a perfect career path and come back to haunt me at least twice a season. I'll be reminded that I backed the wrong player forever.

Quote:
I would only run 1 camp at the beginning of the season, since you have an opportunity to run a camp at this time next season and only miss 1 competitive game. I do see the advantage of knocking them out early, higher attributes and less energy used for the 36 league matches after that.
It depends a lot on the schedule. But I don't send all of my starters to camp anyway. If I kept one of the forwards out (Lemieux one week and McCready the next?), and maybe another dman, I could field a mostly normal team.

tujague is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
  #216
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Or maybe I should go after a player... I could use a 19-20yo SM or CM on a perfect career path with 8-900 OR and 30+ exp. How much would that cost?
I just sold one of them! He went for a measly 18M...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
  #217
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
redcard, that Marshall ******* seemed to come out of nowhere. Did he score a bunch of goals late?
He was pretty consistently around the top 5 all season, but took first right at the end.

It was his best season, he scored 16, 16, and 11 in the previous 3 seasons in I.1, so his 30 this season was a massive improvement, and even tops his totals from the two seasons in Tier II and one in Tier I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I think you might want to work on your defense now. 89 goals is amazing for a 10th place team. But 45 GA is not so good
Yeah, this was the first full season with the new keeper, and I anticipate him continuing to improve with more experience. My 4 defenders are 4th, 5th, 8th, and 12th on my team in terms of OR. 2 of them will be sliding down the depth chart and I have 3-4 potential young players that can compete for their spots. I don't know if I want to break the bank for a defender on the market because I need to keep up with the other teams in terms of facilities and stadium. Spending more money on players will ultimately just slow me down.

Luckily with TF15 on the way my pulls will grow as quickly as any others, I just need to get SA up now so that they're starting off with high ORs.

redcard is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
  #218
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Made a bomb on soccer player sales today, 140mill alone on the backup Irish GK!

Problem is, I too got robbed... by PPM's commission after 10 player sales..

I knew it was going to hit - and I knew I was gonna make a pile of dough, but it still hurts to have lost something along the lines of 65mill to commission!!!

TF15 started - Loan paid - Now what to do with the remainder...

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:04 PM
  #219
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Made a bomb on soccer player sales today, 140mill alone on the backup Irish GK!

Problem is, I too got robbed... by PPM's commission after 10 player sales..

I knew it was going to hit - and I knew I was gonna make a pile of dough, but it still hurts to have lost something along the lines of 65mill to commission!!!

TF15 started - Loan paid - Now what to do with the remainder...
Wow. That's insane. Congrats. I guess I could sell some of my GKs. I have 4 and all are worth good bucks. Can't come to terms to selling my oldest one who is my only original left and the reason why I made it to where I am today.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
  #220
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Canucks, you shouldn't get attached to them. That's why you have a Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Made a bomb on soccer player sales today, 140mill alone on the backup Irish GK!

Problem is, I too got robbed... by PPM's commission after 10 player sales..

I knew it was going to hit - and I knew I was gonna make a pile of dough, but it still hurts to have lost something along the lines of 65mill to commission!!!

TF15 started - Loan paid - Now what to do with the remainder...
How many players over the limit will cost you 65M?

Against my better judgement, I ended up starting RF14 in soccer. I still have 140M. A lot of that will go towards building the last max Triple and accessories for the one that will finish construction tonight. I should still have enough to pick up a solid Mid if I ever care enough to get on the soccer market.

tujague is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 11:32 AM
  #221
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Canucks, you shouldn't get attached to them. That's why you have a Hall of Fame
The reality is his 3/6 CL will make his value quite low on the market so what's the point in selling him. He has the EXP to jump in anytime and play big games if my #1 gets hurt since my other goalie is a season or so away from #1 status. I also have a solid prospect moving up the ranks (15 6/6).

canucks357 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
  #222
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
I finally pulled a ridiculously good staff member. I think I've had one other who was over 80Q in both attributes (counting both sports). That was an Arena Custodian, so I couldn't even take advantage of it. This guy's an SD, so ditto that. He'll make a nice youth trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The reality is his 3/6 CL will make his value quite low on the market so what's the point in selling him. He has the EXP to jump in anytime and play big games if my #1 gets hurt since my other goalie is a season or so away from #1 status. I also have a solid prospect moving up the ranks (15 6/6).
This is all soccer goalies? Damn. I have two. I've had three at once a couple of times while I worked a new goalie into the mix, but it wasn't very long. Cerno's getting older though, so maybe I should think about adding another. You and Obryantj now have young stud goalies. I hate feeling left out.

Did I mention that I'm going to hit 72,400 seats tonight? Well, I am

Obryantj, when's the last time you updated that facility spreadsheet thing you used to post?

tujague is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
  #223
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
This is all soccer goalies? Damn. I have two. I've had three at once a couple of times while I worked a new goalie into the mix, but it wasn't very long. Cerno's getting older though, so maybe I should think about adding another. You and Obryantj now have young stud goalies. I hate feeling left out.
I was at 5 until I sold one today. He wasn't great, but I expected to get more than the 900k that I received. 15, 6/6, 456 OR, 95/95/70/72/63 (G/P/T/S/H) Q's.

Looking forward, Cheney doesn't compare favorable with the others. However, he's in no danger of dropping CL this year so I'm not in a rush to sell him. Of course, if I string 3 camps together like I'm planning, Spicer will be near or over 1000 OR (if he doesn't get injured).

Quote:
Obryantj, when's the last time you updated that facility spreadsheet thing you used to post?
I went ahead and did it today just for you:

Code:
Team            Total Spent on Facilities and Arena
-----------------------------------------------
1.FC Corona	        2,673,075,000
Boilermakers	        1,854,040,000
Bombsville Atomics	1,843,040,000
High Headerz	        1,512,875,000
Arlington Betamax	        1,419,687,500
The Fakeballers	        1,300,377,500
Psychos	                1,115,450,000
Chicago Firehoses	        1,103,112,500
Bleeding Wildcats	        1,082,947,500
FC Corsairs	                1,058,150,000
Grissons United	        1,050,347,500
Baton Rouge Bombers	1,034,682,500
Mouth Breathers	        1,000,802,500
Bob Jones	                   982,350,000
Arsenal F.C.	           935,550,000
Phenomenon FC	           930,215,000
Montana Miners	           844,607,500
Team USA	                   827,175,000
Magic Kicks FC	           824,950,000
Bayern Munich FC	           815,875,000
Tottenham Spurs	           721,902,500
The Big Cigars	           607,805,000

Obryantj is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
  #224
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The reality is his 3/6 CL will make his value quite low on the market so what's the point in selling him. He has the EXP to jump in anytime and play big games if my #1 gets hurt since my other goalie is a season or so away from #1 status. I also have a solid prospect moving up the ranks (15 6/6).
I sold a CM of mine who was 21 and 3/6 with 945 OR and 71 AQ. He went for 58M. Not sure if you would be able to get that for a goaltender and if that would be worth selling him for. However, that's the data point for 3/6 players sold that I have.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:25 PM
  #225
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I was at 5 until I sold one today. He wasn't great, but I expected to get more than the 900k that I received. 15, 6/6, 456 OR, 95/95/70/72/63 (G/P/T/S/H) Q's.

Looking forward, Cheney doesn't compare favorable with the others. However, he's in no danger of dropping CL this year so I'm not in a rush to sell him. Of course, if I string 3 camps together like I'm planning, Spicer will be near or over 1000 OR (if he doesn't get injured).
it.s crazy how fast our goalies are progressing. Shipp will be close to 1000 OR, as well. Heck, he's third on the team with 904 right now. That's crazy for an 18yo.

Quote:
I went ahead and did it today just for you:

[code]
Team Total Spent on Facilities and Arena
-----------------------------------------------
1.FC Corona 2,673,075,000
Boilermakers 1,854,040,000
Bombsville Atomics 1,843,040,000
High Headerz 1,512,875,000
Ain't that sweet We're ridiculously close. How much do you pay in arena/facilities? I'm at 1.55M.

Eff the Coronas.

Holy crap. I've listed a Physio one market 3-4 times. For 10k. No bites. He finally sold today for1M. What?!?

tujague is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.