HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: What type of player should we draft?
Powerforward [Centre/Winger] 10 5.92%
Two-Way Forward 1 0.59%
Playmaking Centre 8 4.73%
Goalscoring Winger 64 37.87%
Defensive-Defenseman 16 9.47%
Offensive-Defenseman 10 5.92%
Two-Way Defenseman 47 27.81%
Goaler 0 0%
Trade our 1st for an upgrade 4 2.37%
Other [Smallish Character Centres] 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 500
Woah. Swiss you guys are always good for an upset love you!!!! Hoping they hold the lead, something they have trouble with so far in the tournament.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Swiss have to go all out in OT. They stand next to no chance in the shootout.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Well I was right Russia won in the SO, wish I was wrong but that rarely happens.

I love watching the Swiss play, so much heart and passion along with a great system They should've won that game two 5 on 3's that both lasted over a minute, a couple of posts and Vasalievski made some beauty saves.

Postives for Swiss:

Andrighetto
Richard
Bertaggia ( love tha name and was my fav on the team)
Bertschy
Müller
Nyffeler

All look like solid prospect and all played well. They are a nation on the rise.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. To was nice talking to myself... You guys call youself fans.smh

Old
01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Andrighetto would absolutely be an amazing player to get from one of our later round picks. D2M, you forgot Simion who quietly had a great game against Russia.

Also Jones was a complete beast against the Czechs today. Though one thing I dislike is he's a bit too soft in front of the net.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Well I was right Russia won in the SO, wish I was wrong but that rarely happens.

I love watching the Swiss play, so much heart and passion along with a great system They should've won that game two 5 on 3's that both lasted over a minute, a couple of posts and Vasalievski made some beauty saves.

Postives for Swiss:

Andrighetto
Richard
Bertaggia ( love tha name and was my fav on the team)
Bertschy
Müller
Nyffeler

All look like solid prospect and all played well. They are a nation on the rise.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. To was nice talking to myself... You guys call youself fans.smh

I would be pretty stoked if the Avs managed to get Mirco Mueller in the 2nd or later.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 114
Typical posts surrounding the WJC. Kid has a few bad plays and people come out and say they haven't been impressed because they've only noticed him when he's made mistakes...

Old
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Typical posts surrounding the WJC. Kid has a few bad plays and people come out and say they haven't been impressed because they've only noticed him when he's made mistakes...
Well it's been D2M mostly.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Andrighetto would absolutely be an amazing player to get from one of our later round picks. D2M, you forgot Simion who quietly had a great game against Russia.

Also Jones was a complete beast against the Czechs today. Though one thing I dislike is he's a bit too soft in front of the net.
I haven't noticed Simion, what number is he?

I would've looked good, playing for the US in that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I would be pretty stoked if the Avs managed to get Mirco Mueller in the 2nd or later.
If the avs are drafting a Swiss player I hope it's Sven.

Quote:
He has made a few mistakes a period. Jones has sucked ass defensively, no way around it really.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
While it is a small sample size, it's an important one. One should not develop their entire opinion about a player based solely on the WJC, but these are big games with a lot of pressure and shows how a player deals with it (much like the playoffs). Plus, he is playing against the best players in the world his age, instead of imbalanced teams in the CHL. I've only seen Jones in his game against Canada in which he had a couple of defensive gaffs that cost his team, but he is obviously a very talented player. My judgement of him will be based on this next game more than anything.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=98

Embarrassing.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
I don't get what's embarrassing? Canada invented hockey right so logic follows hockey might not be invented if not for Canada. Nothing false with his statement, maybe some bitterness behind it but it could be a lot worse.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Glad, I'm not the only one up.

It is embarssing because Canadian fans always find excuses as to why they lost. The most popular one is the list of players that were eligble to play but didn't because of the NHL, now that the top guns played and still lost. This poster took it upon himself to comfort everyone with common knowledge. It's like the hot girl that doesn't get a date for the prom and everyone has to reassure she's still the prettiest girl in school.

Either congratulate the other team or shut up. This " oh but were still better than you becuase of this and that" is getting old.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
I don't get what's embarrassing? Canada invented hockey right so logic follows hockey might not be invented if not for Canada. Nothing false with his statement, maybe some bitterness behind it but it could be a lot worse.
Seems a little petty from my perspective tbh. We might not have hockey in its exact incarnation today, but it isn't like someone was inventing Rollerball here.

So I venture the US won their WJC match from HFBoards? I'm looking forward to watching it at home tonight after the game I coach.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Glad, I'm not the only one up.

It is embarssing because Canadian fans always find excuses as to why they lost. The most popular one is the list of players that were eligble to play but didn't because of the NHL, now that the top guns played and still lost. This poster took it upon himself to comfort everyone with common knowledge. It's like the hot girl that doesn't get a date for the prom and everyone has to reassure she's still the prettiest girl in school.

Either congratulate the other team or shut up. This " oh but were still better than you becuase of this and that" is getting old.
Happens from fans from all countries. It is a bit petty but at least he's not blasting the refs, or saying the Americans were completely lucky and what not. Could have been worse and I'm sure there are worse examples in those threads. We lost, that's it, time to look forward to next year and hope the NHL comes back because now I'm out of hockey to watch again. So until then, Go Vikings/Broncos Go.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

What a game Sweden well deserved to reach the finals. Easily the most impressive team in the tourney so far.

It was a tale of 2 games, Sweden were all over Russia for the first 30 minutes. Held them to 2 shots and then Russia pushed back scored a semi lucky goal, late in the 2nd. The 3rd period start and Sweden played right into the hands of the Russian trading chances and odd man rushes. Grigs eventually tied it but Sweden recovered and won in the SO.

Forsberg was dominant for the first half of the game but fizzed out in the 2nd half. Yakupov had his best game but still no where near whear he should be. The player that impressed me the most was arvidsson(sp), like a lot of small players he's fast and has a ton of skill. He reminds me a lot of Versteeg but Arvidsson also has the ability to pick the pocket of players a la Dats.

Lindholm was pretty good as well and scored a neat goal. I'm off to bed, can't wait tlli the WJC is over, it's reeking havoc on my social life as well as my sleeping pattern.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:51 AM
chet1926

Some Canadian hockey fans need to learn that they are no longer the undisputed dominant national team. Back in the old days you really only had 2 national teams that were any good Russia and Canada. You could pretty much guarantee one of those two would be winning the competition. Now you have basically 6-8 teams (Canada, Russia, USA, Finland, Sweden, Czech, Slovakia, and Swiss) that are capable of winning on a given day.

Some Canadian hockey fans still act like when they lose there is no way it should have happened.

Like todays Canada/USA game, I'd say there was more talent on the Canada roster but USA was no slouch opponent who was clearly capable of winning. But yet some people make it out to be some epic collapse.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

I will be cheering for the US in the finals.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I will be cheering for the US in the finals.
Did I say you could do that?

Old
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
The fact that Canada invented hockey can be disputed. Many games like hockey (even some on ice) predated modern ice hockey by hundreds, if not thousands of years. So logic falls that it is very possible modern ice hockey would have been invented by another country, most likely Holland or England.

Last edited by henchman24: 01-03-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 04:04 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 114
Quote:
He has made a few mistakes a period. Jones has sucked ass defensively, no way around it really.
I never said he has been good. He's had both good and bad moments. My comment was simply that I find it horribly stupid for people to say they don't like him as a prospect based off of such a small sample of games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
While it is a small sample size, it's an important one. One should not develop their entire opinion about a player based solely on the WJC, but these are big games with a lot of pressure and shows how a player deals with it (much like the playoffs). Plus, he is playing against the best players in the world his age, instead of imbalanced teams in the CHL. I've only seen Jones in his game against Canada in which he had a couple of defensive gaffs that cost his team, but he is obviously a very talented player. My judgement of him will be based on this next game more than anything.
Yeah, they are pressure filled games but it's important to keep in mind that he is one of the youngest players at this event. He's had good moments and really bad ones. I just really dislike when people form their entire opinion of a prospect based on the world juniors.

The reverse opinion can be used on Jon Drouin for Canada. He's been fantastic and now the people who only get to watch him during the season during the WJC think he is the next coming of Giroux.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Did I say you could do that?
Sorry sir.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
I never said he has been good. He's had both good and bad moments. My comment was simply that I find it horribly stupid for people to say they don't like him as a prospect based off of such a small sample of games.
Where did anyone say they didn't like him as a prospect? Certainly, nobody here.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Man what a game between Sweden and Russia. And it comes to my next question, why the hell haven't we talked about Lindholm yet????? This kid looked amazing for Sweden tonight (great offensive game with his defensive game a tad overrated by Swedish posters), but besides Forsberg, #13 on Sweden had one hell of a game.

I do feel sorry for the Russian fans, because they really backed their team in this tourney that could've rivaled Canada.

Gold: US effin A
Bronze: Russia

Old
01-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

I honestly, tried to be a fan of him but he never wowed me. Even last game which was his best, he was more solid than spectacular.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Rhaego

Go Switzerland tomorrow

Closed Thread