HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: What type of player should we draft?
Powerforward [Centre/Winger] 10 5.92%
Two-Way Forward 1 0.59%
Playmaking Centre 8 4.73%
Goalscoring Winger 64 37.87%
Defensive-Defenseman 16 9.47%
Offensive-Defenseman 10 5.92%
Two-Way Defenseman 47 27.81%
Goaler 0 0%
Trade our 1st for an upgrade 4 2.37%
Other [Smallish Character Centres] 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Ummm what happened to my football thread?

Old
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Typical posts surrounding the WJC. Kid has a few bad plays and people come out and say they haven't been impressed because they've only noticed him when he's made mistakes...
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
While it is a small sample size, it's an important one. One should not develop their entire opinion about a player based solely on the WJC, but these are big games with a lot of pressure and shows how a player deals with it (much like the playoffs). Plus, he is playing against the best players in the world his age, instead of imbalanced teams in the CHL. I've only seen Jones in his game against Canada in which he had a couple of defensive gaffs that cost his team, but he is obviously a very talented player. My judgement of him will be based on this next game more than anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
He has made a few mistakes a period. Jones has sucked ass defensively, no way around it really.
Sorry but this is wrong. I have no idea what games you guys are watching but clearly it's not the same game as the one I'm watching. This is a 19 year old's tournament. Jones is being asked to play a KEY top-4 role at his age and yeah, he might have coughed up the puck a few times, it's not like he looks completely out of place. He's actually made quite a few nice plays and stood out in my opinion, and that's all you can ask for of a player his age. Having just turned 18, that extra year of development time is pretty huge and he's not playing as the 7th D or in the bottom pairing. It's much harder to play as a D than a winger, especially in this tournament.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Hoping for a lil' luck and the Avs draft Valeri Nichushkin. I would be over the moon.

Imagine that LW depth, to go with our centres...

Lando - ROR - Downie
Nichu - Duch - P.A.
Ginn - Stats -Jonesy

drolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by Frenchy: 01-04-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added a vid .
Old
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yep.

Sorry but this is wrong. I have no idea what games you guys are watching but clearly it's not the same game as the one I'm watching. This is a 19 year old's tournament. Jones is being asked to play a KEY top-4 role at his age and yeah, he might have coughed up the puck a few times, it's not like he looks completely out of place. He's actually made quite a few nice plays and stood out in my opinion, and that's all you can ask for of a player his age. Having just turned 18, that extra year of development time is pretty huge and he's not playing as the 7th D or in the bottom pairing. It's much harder to play as a D than a winger, especially in this tournament.
I just disagree, I couldn't care less that he's 17, 18 or 30, his defensive play has been abysmal(solid last game tho). I did say he has been pretty good in attacking but that's not my concern.

Having said that, he's still an interesting prospect going forward. Jones is clearly talented and I wouldn't be pissed if the avs did end up drafting him.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Hoping for a lil' luck and the Avs draft Valeri Nichushkin. I would be over the moon.

Imagine that LW depth, to go with our centres...

Lando - ROR - Downie
Nichu - Duch - P.A.
Ginn - Stats -Jonesy

drolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Avs will be lucky to get any of Nichushkin, Lindholm, Barkov, Monahan, MacKinnon, or Drouin. There's a group of very talented forwards that I think would fit really well into this team.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Avs will be lucky to get any of Nichushkin, Lindholm, Barkov, Monahan, MacKinnon, or Drouin. There's a group of very talented forwards that I think would fit really well into this team.
Hunter Shinkaruk

Old
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Quote:
I truly believe Nichushkin is a man among boys in that list. He's got the speed, size and drive of an Ovechkin.

Like Pierre Mcguire would say, he's a monster, and get real excited (insert drafting team's name here) fans

Old
01-04-2013, 09:34 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Huge Nichushkin fan, actually listed him @ #6 in my winter ranking, but one big issue is he doesn't use his teammates well at all. There are alot of plays that he tries to do it himself and would be better off passing it to the point or cycle it.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:49 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Avs will be lucky to get any of Nichushkin, Lindholm, Barkov, Monahan, MacKinnon, or Drouin.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:35 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Nichushkin scores the game winner after powering around Murphy in the Bronze Medal game.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:37 AM
NHL33*

As much as Murphy stuck out like a sore thumb, the entire Canadian defense stunk it up. Rielly and Murphy was an atrocious pairing.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Well I found out who my favourite player in this draft is, Viktor Arvidsson. Like most small players he's fast,shift and creative. He really reminds me of goal scoring version of Ennis or Versteeg. WHat I like most about his game is how direct he is, you'll see a lot of skilled players just dance around the outside but Viktor has the hockey sense to get into scoring positions and willing to shoot.

A couple of lucky goals by the U.S, they're up 2-1. 3rd period should start soon.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

USA wins probably deserved. What a celebration by Rocco, he had a great game even without his lucky goals.

Touba for me was the MVP of the Tournament, what a player.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Grimaldi was unlucky on his double posts shot, so he deserved one of his lucky bounces for sure.

Arvid stood out to me as well for Sweden, but he also seemed a bit of a puck hog, couple times holding onto it too long and barely eluded capture.

I really liked Seth Jones last game, unlucky bounce hurt him on the goal against, but otherwise he was great at both ends of the rink. Trouba too. Vesey stuck out to me all tournament for the US, I think Nashville got a future solid 3rd liner out of him.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Who do we need to bribe to draft Jones?

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
01-05-2013, 01:04 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

So I did a quick sim with draft simulator and we got 11th overall. And I chose the players I think will be around our pick with this site, http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2013/. I dislike their player placement, but the only rule rule I followed was I wasn't able to select a player that was taken before our picks.

1st: Valeri Nichushkin, W
2nd: Linus Arnesson, D
3rd: Gregory Chase, C
4th: Stephen Harper, LW
5th: Taylor Cammarata, LW
6th: Sven Andrighetto, RW
7th: Albert Yarullin, D

I know this won't happen because there are a few players here that will go much higher than what the site says, but that is one hell of a draft. I have Nichushkin at 6th on my list, but he's going to drop because of the Russian factor, well except if Tampa gets a pick higher than us. I also think getting Yarullin in the 7th is definitely worth the gamble. Besides Albert I think getting an overager with our 7th is a good way to go considering there are a ton of solid overagers in this draft. Maybe Viktor Arvidsson or Cole Bardreau would be good selections.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Murphy must be the most overrated prospect in a long time, he'll be happy if he ends up as MAB 2.0 in the NHL, I'm so glad we didn't waste our #11 pick on him.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
1st: Valeri Nichushkin, W
2nd: Linus Arnesson, D
3rd: Gregory Chase, C
4th: Stephen Harper, LW
5th: Taylor Cammarata, LW
6th: Sven Andrighetto, RW
7th: Albert Yarullin, D

I know this won't happen because there are a few players here that will go much higher than what the site says, but that is one hell of a draft. I have Nichushkin at 6th on my list, but he's going to drop because of the Russian factor, well except if Tampa gets a pick higher than us. I also think getting Yarullin in the 7th is definitely worth the gamble. Besides Albert I think getting an overager with our 7th is a good way to go considering there are a ton of solid overagers in this draft. Maybe Viktor Arvidsson or Cole Bardreau would be good selections.
SEPH where do you have Sven ranked? Is he a first round talent in your opinion?

Also Arvidsson is an overager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Murphy must be the most overrated prospect in a long time, he'll be happy if he ends up as MAB 2.0 in the NHL, I'm so glad we didn't waste our #11 pick on him.
Too bad we wasted it on Siemens.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

One thing people need to remember about Andrighetto is that he is an overager (he's 19 right now). He is very quick, seems to have good hands and a decent shot, but he is also pretty small. He is a guy that I would love the Avs to grab if available in the latter rounds, but not someone I'd be happy with them taking in the 2nd/3rd IMO.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Disappointing tournament for Canada. **** Russia for their taunting. The Canadian player should have just gone McSorley on him when he came near the bench.

I also don't like Grimaldi. Sucked to see him do well.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
One thing people need to remember about Andrighetto is that he is an overager (he's 19 right now). He is very quick, seems to have good hands and a decent shot, but he is also pretty small. He is a guy that I would love the Avs to grab if available in the latter rounds, but not someone I'd be happy with them taking in the 2nd/3rd IMO.
Good that's my favourite type of player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Disappointing tournament for Canada. **** Russia for their taunting. The Canadian player should have just gone McSorley on him when he came near the bench.
One already did that to that poor American player. SOmeone calls you dirty you hit him in the side of thead? Seems legit.

How can anyone hate Rocco?

Old
01-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
How could you not like Grimaldi? From everything I've seen he's never done anything wrong other than play a bad game for the US.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:07 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
SEPH where do you have Sven ranked? Is he a first round talent in your opinion?

Also Arvidsson is an overager?

Too bad we wasted it on Siemens.
Yup GI is right on the money about Andrighetto. Not top 4 picks, but later rounds.

Yes Arvidsson is 19 so classified as a overager. And how piss poor Canada's defense was, they could've used Siemens.

Quote:
Quote:
What? How can anybody hate Grimaldi, I love this guy because he works his ass off, 150% every shift. Those type of players can play for me anytime.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Lonewolfe2015

There goes any of our chances at a top pick this draft... oh well.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Freedom Elz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
As much as Murphy stuck out like a sore thumb, the entire Canadian defense stunk it up. Rielly and Murphy was an atrocious pairing.
Hyperbole.

Closed Thread