HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

link: peoria assigments

Old
09-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Question, though.. didn't Tarasenko sign a contract with SKA in the event that he didn't play in the NHL? So if there's no NHL and from my understanding has a valid KHL contract, was he even considered an NHL player in the first place? He might be able to sneak through the red tape that way.
Steap stated that Tarasenko did NOT sign a contract with SKA. The rumour about that came from the action of SKA merely retaining his KHL rights by making him a qualified offer.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:43 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Road trips to Peoria AND Evansville GOOD!!! NHL Lockout BAD...
The AHL should be extra fun to watch this year. The NHL's loss is the AHL's gain. The ECHL should see a boost in attendance. Heck, I'd imagine that there will be more over-agers in the "O" this season.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Question, though.. didn't Tarasenko sign a contract with SKA in the event that he didn't play in the NHL? So if there's no NHL and from my understanding has a valid KHL contract, was he even considered an NHL player in the first place? He might be able to sneak through the red tape that way.
No. SKA qualified him to retain his rights but he's not currently signed to a KHL contract.

I'll be interested if this really keeps the option of the KHL off the table for Tarasenko though.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:16 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I thought I just read that Hensick was just put on waivers.
Yep, Hensick was put on waivers on Fri and assigned to Peoria yesterday.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:20 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Bruton, Nill, Shelast, (and, possibly Sonne), will probably all be playing at Evansville.
Nill and Shelast are just signed to try-out contracts so they might not even get full-time contracts at all. There's no way either make the Rivs IMO so they have to be good enough for the ECHL to earn minor league contracts.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:28 PM
intangible

Quote:
Steap stated that Tarasenko did NOT sign a contract with SKA. The rumour about that came from the action of SKA merely retaining his KHL rights by making him a qualified offer.
Ahhh, okay. Does make you wonder, then, if he's considered an NHL player by the KHL's new requirements/conditions. Yeah, he has an NHL contract, but his KHL rights are retained and he's yet to play an NHL game.

FWIW, I read today that he's talking with SKA about joining the team. Makes me wonder if there's a loophole after all.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Kshahdoo

Well, SKA can't offer him more than 65% of 900k anyway, so money isn't that big. Kasatonov (SKA's GM) says, they still wanna get him, though.

If Tarasenko comes to Peoria, will he be playing on the 1st line, I wonder?

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Well, SKA can't offer him more than 65% of 900k anyway, so money isn't that big. Kasatonov (SKA's GM) says, they still wanna get him, though.

If Tarasenko comes to Peoria, will he be playing on the 1st line, I wonder?
If I were him, I'd play at Peoria for $105,000, rather than for SKA for $585,000 for 20-30% of a season. He's already earned several $ million from The KHL and would only be losing about $100,000 in this situation. He could endear himself to Blues' management, help his English language learning curve, get acquainted with his future teammates and The Blues' system, and living in USA, the culture, etc., so there will be less distractions after he DOES start playing in The NHL.

It's a "no-brainer" to me. The "goodwill" gained from that gesture will be remembered and appreciated by The Blues, and benefit him aLOT more than an extra $100,000.

Old
09-17-2012, 01:20 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
If I were him, I'd play at Peoria for $105,000, rather than for SKA for $585,000 for 20-30% of a season. He's already earned several $ million from The KHL and would only be losing about $100,000 in this situation. He could endear himself to Blues' management, help his English language learning curve, get acquainted with his future teammates and The Blues' system, and living in USA, the culture, etc., so there will be less distractions after he DOES start playing in The NHL.

It's a "no-brainer" to me. The "goodwill" gained from that gesture will be remembered and appreciated by The Blues, and benefit him aLOT more than an extra $100,000.
Robb, Tarasenko's AHL salary is $67,500, not $105,000 per capgeek. I agree that there are many benefits to playing in the AHL during the lockout though. Personally, I'll understand no matter what the kid decides.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Robb, Tarasenko's AHL salary is $67,500, not $105,000 per capgeek. I agree that there are many benefits to playing in the AHL during the lockout though. Personally, I'll understand no matter what the kid decides.
Given the money that Tarasenko has earned previously, in The KHL, "losing" $120,000 by playing in Peoria for 20-30 games, is not a factor worth giving up the advantages of playing in North America for that period. IF the lockout were to encompass the entire season, then his losing approximately half a $ million, would be worth considering. But, I doubt, seriously, that more than 1/3 of the NHL season will be lost.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Zine

I doubt money is the issue, but rather how long the lockout lasts for.

Its important to remember that the general Russian perception of the AHL is very low. Its thought of as a place players are "banished to" to ride buses around, and also part of the reason why few upper level KHLers accept AHL demotions if they play in NA.

I think Tarasenko understands the benefits of playing AHL, but I'm also guessing he probably wouldn't want to spend a considerable amount of time there.....especially when the alternative is playing with/against some NHL allstars at home.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote